Hakuryu - Can't Get Minnows!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Hakuryu - Can't get Minnows!
Hakuryu - Can't get Minnows!
By fattrav 2012-12-24 11:09:32  
You can buy cheap flint stones from the ah, cheap copper ores from a npc and make your own minnows for about the cost of the minnows sold at the guild, roughly 2k.

Not sure why you are buying stacks of brass for 40k, stack of copper is about 6k, 4k of that being the stack of fire crystals.

Probably comes pretty close to profit and value compared to sardine balls, fewer synths too.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-12-24 11:21:33  
inb4 you get PMs to edit that post so Fire Crystals don't become sold out.
By Aeyela 2012-12-24 12:04:29  
Phoenix.Brucie said: »
How often do u go for a boat ride these days? cuz they usually are in full stock well anyhow on phoenix,picked up 25 minnows yesterday..Go for a boat ride and check em out,thats 1 opinion,2nd will be making ur own bait with your hands!

Quote:

I'm sorry, did you say something?!
[+]
By Aeyela 2012-12-24 12:09:34  
fattrav said: »
You can buy cheap flint stones from the ah, cheap copper ores from a npc and make your own minnows for about the cost of the minnows sold at the guild, roughly 2k.

Not sure why you are buying stacks of brass for 40k, stack of copper is about 6k, 4k of that being the stack of fire crystals.

Probably comes pretty close to profit and value compared to sardine balls, fewer synths too.

I didn't say buy the ingots, did I now? :)

Edit: Oh, I get it! Yes, of course you can use Copper instead. That is an impressive brainfart on my part. :<
 Asura.Yoyou
サーバ: Asura
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-12-24 12:24:56  
Camp AH for flint stones not guilds for minnows!
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-12-24 19:42:23  
Hope they nerf it so those cheaters are brought to justice, can't buy any minnows anymore for fun.
[+]
 Leviathan.Torvin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: mordth
By Leviathan.Torvin 2012-12-25 00:49:11  
Lol... Yeah, "those" cheaters...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-01-10 12:46:33  
Asura.Mekaider said: »
There are lower bite rate alternatives but personally I craft them, skills are low and simple for minnows - Alchemy 30ish and Goldsmithing around 3? Most expensive ingredient on Odin is copper ingots which are easily (but takes time) made just sitting in the blacksmiths guild in Northern San d'Oria buying copper ores and synthesising in bulk for ingots.

Glass fiber is ridiculously easy if you have the skill. If not AH is usually around 20k (at least on Odin) a stack but can sometimes get lucky with guilds.

Just depends on how much free time you have and how much you're willing to eat into the profit margin for each fish.

But the whole original point of hak fishing was that it was moderate gil influx with next to no time investment.

If I wanted to spend time making my gil I'd go merc stuff.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-10 12:48:45  
fishing's supplementary gil intake, not primary. silly people
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-01-10 12:50:23  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Unless you're one of those people with 10 accounts fishing 24 hours a day.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-10 12:51:00  
must suck getting bait for that sort of setup
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-01-10 12:52:55  
must suck getting bait for that sort of setup
They probably use an account or two to make sardine balls, and automate the whole process.

idk, it's stupid and I hate that I can't go to a guild to buy what I need anymore.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-10 12:56:34  
I tried tonberry lanterns for minnows for a couple of nights, terrible. Sardine balls or bust
 Sylph.Wardeniii
サーバ: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-01-10 13:03:20  
If you're bored enough to synth your own lures and fish, you're probably also bored enough to farm flint stones. They have a 100% drop rate off of the worms in the Goblin Gruel area in Ramp's Tomb.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-01-10 13:04:05  

I'm just not seeing a level of swag on your equip history that suggests anything beyond a couple of fishing accounts :/

Admittedly, you could be hoarding gil or saving for a mythic etc...
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-01-10 13:05:04  
I used to have a thf/dnc full time farm metropolis. Being T3 HQ on the desynth, and the minnow synth makes it pretty nice. That said, I've downsized to 1 fisher, and barely ever go out there do to how annoying the whole hakuryu fishing process is compared to multiboxing ADLs.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-10 13:05:48  
Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
If you're bored enough to synth your own lures and fish, you're probably also bored enough to farm flint stones. They have a 100% drop rate off of the worms in the Goblin Gruel area in Ramp's Tomb.

that would be worse than lanterns. in general I've just said *** it to the minnows entirely. I made 1000~ sardine balls a night, can just fish and finish up my work for the day while getting the sardines. Fill my inventory usually with some balls left over for the next day and don't have to run to 20 different places for ingredients. I don't like regular minnows that much anyway, the bite rate's always been ***for me on them. 8~9 hour stretch with only 71 haks last time

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »

I'm just not seeing a level of swag on your equip history that suggests anything beyond a couple of fishing accounts :/

Admittedly, you could be hoarding gil or saving for a mythic etc...

Laziness. My primary gil income is dynamis/salvage/small merc and I jew whatever money I make or spend it on stupid ***instead of things that matter
 Quetzalcoatl.Scwall
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Scwall 2013-01-10 13:07:08  
While I never found great success with it, it's possible to catch Bugbear and Moblin masks at the circle in Oldton. Shrimp Lure and Sabiki Rig won't hook any fish there.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-10 13:07:42  
I just whisker tonberrys in Konchstat and get 2~4 lanterns a pull. Added benefit of potential dark rings