フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-15 11:16:36  
I'm still working on my Conveyance Cape slowly but surely. I'm stuck at BP Damage+4 (Need +5).
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-04-15 11:22:08  
Oh okay, someone in the LS said it was +10 but they probably just read online. I kind of wanna try augmenting still just to get the cap on skill bpdmg and bpII so i can have more inventory space
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-04-15 11:29:27  
Yea i have three of them Avalon... one for the +5 skill, one for the BP II and one for +5 BP dmg.. >_< lol
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-15 11:31:19  
Phoenix.Rumblepakk said: »
Yea i have three of them Avalon... one for the +5 skill, one for the BP II and one for +5 BP dmg.. >_< lol

Oh wow, nice!
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-04-15 11:33:44  
I guess i just hate that it takes up space lol
 Phoenix.Pretre
user: pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2015-04-15 13:51:38  
Does anyone know if the Refractive Crystal augments have a certain cap to the augments? I've been trying to get the +10 SMN skill and the most I ever have gotten is +5 augmented. Does +10 even exist? lulz

iv spammed prolly 30 crystals trying for bp dmg 5 on back but maxiv got is 4 so if there is a cap its atleast pretty close to max aug
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-04-15 14:20:28  
the most bp dmg is definitley 5, i got it already lol..

So if im correct the max SMN skill we can now have is 582?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-15 14:23:19  
the most bp dmg is definitley 5, i got it already lol..

So if im correct the max SMN skill we can now have is 582?

I'm at 580 now.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
サーバ: Asura
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-15 16:32:52  
582 is indeed the max number we can get now.
[+]
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-04-15 17:40:09  
Another question...

Favor is effected by the Job points, summoning magic skill, the amount of time its activated for with the pet out and the amount of MP per BP you use right?

Would you guys prefer to have Nirvana part of the favor gear set, or Kirins pole with the +12 skill augment?
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-16 00:48:56  
Kirin's.
119 Emp body and feet and Evoker's ring floor perp as it is.

I have read however that once your favor reaches its peak potency that you can swap back to other gearsets as potency won't drop anymore.
Which means if set up correctlty you can reach top potency (>575 skill) with a Blood Pact: ward.

Thinking about it, we might not need a Favor set at all anymore. Just the Empy +1 head.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-16 01:46:16  
Wait wait wait, waaaait.
You're saying that to reach the highest cap of Favor you need to "unlock" it with max SMN skill gear once, but once you reach it (either through time, BP usage or both) you can avoid using it?
Which means you could stay on a silly 576+ skill set for a little while and then go back to whatever set you want to use?

Also have there been some tests with Beckoner's Horn +1 and its additional +1 bonus to Favor?
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-16 02:25:34  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Wait wait wait, waaaait.
You're saying that to reach the highest cap of Favor you need to "unlock" it with max SMN skill gear once, but once you reach it (either through time, BP usage or both) you can avoid using it?
Which means you could stay on a silly 576+ skill set for a little while and then go back to whatever set you want to use?

I believe it was Crevox that mentioned somewhere that Avatar's favor Potency won't go down in tiers anymore.
I can't find where it's been written anymore though, so I'll have to check to make sure. Perhaps tonight unless someone has time for it within the next 8 hours.
But if it is true, then yes, we can pretty much do away with our Favor idle sets. (Although I'd personally just keep it anyway.)

Quote:
Also have there been some tests with Beckoner's Horn +1 and its additional +1 bonus to Favor?

Papesse did at the 512 skill tier:
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
New Favor tier (512 Skill and Beckoner's Horn +1)
Carbuncle : 26 HP (+2)
Diabolos : 7 MP (+1)
Titan : 92 DEF (+5)
Garuda : 34 EVA (+3)
Shiva : 36 MAB (+3)
Ramuh : 23% Critical Hit (+2%)
Cait Sith : 24 MDB (+2)
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-04-16 03:51:49  
Thanks to the players on this thread, I got the ambition and urge to get back into the Summoner role. So thank you everyone.

As I need tips and advice;

Does anyone have any gear sets for SMN that includes empy119, alluvion skirmish, hagondes, relic119, artifact119?

Would really like to get back into killing stuff on SMN.

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-16 04:13:02  
Non-Nirvana, for now, but apart from perpetuation I don't expect the sets to change too much.
http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Shiraiyuki#item-sets

Things to note:
Beckoner's Pigaches are actually the +1, but I can't get those to show up in the item sets for some reason so I put the NQ in there for now.
fixed.

I carry around 2 sets of Helios gear.
An Avatar TP set which has a mixture of Pet: Attack or Accuracy, Double Attack and Haste.
A Blood Pact set which has Blood Pact Damage +, Pet: Magic Attack Bonus and Critical Hit rate.

The Telchine set has a mix of Elemental Siphon and Pet: Magic Accuracy.

Apart from that, I carry 2 Conveyance capes because luck is against me.
One Cape has - BP Delay II, the other hass BP damage +5.

Keraunos Augments are Elemental Siphon +20, Blood Pact Damage +9 and Pet: magic Attack Bonus +20.
[+]
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2015-04-16 07:47:35  
Asura.Shiraiyuki said: »
Things to note:
Beckoner's Pigaches are actually the +1, but I can't get those to show up in the item sets for some reason so I put the NQ in there for now.
Probably because SE's programmer's team manage to make the NQ and +1 with the same name and only the white square change on the icon as well as the stats in the description. or so it was when they released them. didnt check if they correct this mistake or not.

Edit : any info on Ifrit's new max favor effect?
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-16 07:51:54  
That's probably it, there is a beckoner's pigaches on here though, it just doesn't show up in any search.

[edit]
Found it, just put 27440 in your search and they will show up.
My Item sets are correct once again.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-16 09:18:42  
Non-Nirvana, for now, but apart from perpetuation I don't expect the sets to change too much.

Things to note:
fixed.

An Avatar TP set which has a mixture of Pet: Attack or Accuracy, Double Attack and Haste.
A Blood Pact set which has Blood Pact Damage +, Pet: Magic Attack Bonus and Critical Hit rate.

Keraunos Augments are Elemental Siphon +20, Blood Pact Damage +9 and Pet: magic Attack Bonus +20.

Nice to see I'm not the only crazy SMN that spent extra gil for 2 complete sets of Helios. :)
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-04-16 13:31:13  

Things to note:
fixed.

I really appreciate your input on sets Shira.

But would it make a difference in sets if you would have a "Nirvana" ?
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-04-16 14:20:51  
Im building a pet DT set with a couple of telchine peices. i know it sounds silly because we can just recast a new avatar, but I think the longer time you have to spare (AKA longer your avatar survives) then the more you can do! And i think you can augment -DT with haste which is even better
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-16 15:14:05  
Bismarck.Dubai said: »
But would it make a difference in sets if you would have a "Nirvana" ?

Only perpetuation wise really, with the extra 3 you can replace the Assiduity pants for a melee fitted piece of Helios or the Convoker's spats +1.
At least until you run low enough on MP to swap Assiduity back in for the refresh.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-04-16 15:15:23  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Nice to see I'm not the only crazy SMN that spent extra gil for 2 complete sets of Helios. :)
Two sets? Amateur!

I've got four Helios sets and three Telchine sets going.

Helios #1:
BP Damage, Pet:MAB, Pet:Crit

Helios #2:
BP Damage, Pet:Acc/Atk (varies from piece to piece), Pet:Crit

Helios #3:
Smn skill, Pet:MAcc, Blood Boon

Helios #4:
Pet:Haste, Pet:Acc, Pet:DA (only made hands/feet on this set)

Telchine #1:
Elemental Siphon

Telchine #2:
Pet:DT, Pet:Defense, Pet:Regen (only feet so far, plan to make legs and body too)

Telchine #3:
Fast Cast (I really only made hands for this set)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-16 15:24:03  
This is what happens when they don't make sets that are tagged as "rare" I guess :P
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-16 17:25:56  
Showoff, I don't even have the space for all that stuff.
Can make it, but I'll have to sacrifice too many aspects of smn and other jobs to do so.

A sacrifice for versatility.
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-04-16 17:45:29  
Yeah adding a Pet magic ACC set was pretty hellish. Extra SMN sets are for hardcore SMNs onry. Any other job I use is to just help people and go for events if a SMN is not needed (BLM COR and WHM)
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-04-16 18:56:22  
Summoner's middle name is versatility so I can respect that. I literally only have two jobs I care about, so I can go nuts on SMN gear.

That said, inventory is becoming a concern, and at one point I'd hoped to put elemental siphon on my pet:macc set, thus eliminating a full set just by dropping blood boon from the macc set (and as a bonus, both benefit from summoning skill from the dusk slot).

Unfortunately, I've never been able to roll higher than pet:macc+16 on Telchine using Snoworb+2s, and I'm beginning to doubt whether it's possible to get +30 like on Helios. So what I'm using now was the best configuration I could figure, especially since in the process of trying to get really nice pet:mab augments on Helios I ended up with a few really nice pet:macc augs as well.
 Asura.Calinzt
user: Calinz
By Asura.Calinzt 2015-04-16 19:49:34  
Been out of the loop for a while... how do you deal with macros and multiple Helios sets? When I used to play, there was no way for the game to recognize between 2 items of the same name. Like telling it to macro Helios Gloves, and you having 4 of them in your inventories... which one would it equip?
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2015-04-16 21:39:47  
Asura.Calinzt said: »
Been out of the loop for a while... how do you deal with macros and multiple Helios sets? When I used to play, there was no way for the game to recognize between 2 items of the same name. Like telling it to macro Helios Gloves, and you having 4 of them in your inventories... which one would it equip?

The in-game equipsets remember specifically which piece you place in them.

Edit: If you didn't know, they added to the macro system letting you create full gearsets and swap to them with /equipset <number>
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-21 17:13:12  
Nope, that didn't change.
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50