Totals/ Positive-negative Sales Data On Character AH History

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Totals/ positive-negative sales data on character AH history
Totals/ positive-negative sales data on character AH history
 Caitsith.Eriina
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Eriina
By Caitsith.Eriina 2008-05-17 01:23:24  
On my player profile i see all my sales listet for the last 100 entries. I thought it might be interesting if at the bottom these sales were totaled to show a total gain or loss over those 100 entries.
(under sold column)Total sold = X gil
(under bought column)Total spent = X gil (perhaps in red)
Total profit = +/- X gil (in black or red depending)

Seems like an interesting stat that could possibly be calculated, but is a pain to do manually.
 Asura.Moraine
サーバ: Asura
user: moraine
By Asura.Moraine 2008-05-22 13:05:23  
i like this idea. its kinda like balanceing your check book. though it would be slightly flawed due to npc'ing items, quest gil, and gil from beastmen. but still a nice idea.
 Garuda.Aurilius
サーバ: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2008-05-28 16:15:11  
I do like this idea as well. I wonder how difficult it would be to implement.
 Fairy.Charitey
サーバ: Fairy
user: Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2008-05-31 08:56:41  
I accidentally made a post for the exact same thing. Id love to see this as well.
 Leviathan.Webjester
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2008-06-02 11:09:49  
I'd love to see this as well, with an option to toggle public/private.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2008-06-02 14:11:48
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I also like this too, it's an easy addition.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-06-02 16:32:18  
Haha... I've been doing this manually, too. Never thought of suggesting it, sadly =O hehe.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [173 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Neurotic
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Neurotic 2008-11-23 02:44:45  
This should definitely be added.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2008-11-23 09:53:31  
Would be great for us crafters with Mule's to see how much total money we've actually made.

Dunno about everyone else but I tend to spend my gil as I make it so never keep track of what i've actually earnt ^^
 Seraph.Zoey
サーバ: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2008-11-23 16:44:21  
I think this is a neat idea to keep track of the input vs. output, however it wouldn't be an accurate way to determine the profits of many crafters since so many items are best bought or sold to npcs and craft merchants.
 Seraph.Kep
user: Kepnerd1
By Seraph.Kep 2008-11-23 18:20:21  
Very good idea!!!! Me likie =)

P.S. Moraine your avatar is 1337!
 Lakshmi.Schultz
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Schultz
By Lakshmi.Schultz 2008-11-23 18:36:42  
Back in the day we could see who had spent mass loads of gil over a specific period, this was a great feature, but a very big invasion of privacy. I guess that's why it was taken away. For personal use on characters you have verified, it would be nice to have what you suggested.
 Diabolos.Tahpo
サーバ: Diabolos
user: tahpo
By Diabolos.Tahpo 2008-11-23 19:12:44  
This is a very good idea.
 Diabolos.Deltafox
サーバ: Diabolos
user: dfox
By Diabolos.Deltafox 2008-11-24 01:43:04  
only downfall to this is those who have multiple accounts with crafts, then feed their main account. Or those crafters who NPC items they craft for profit.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-11-24 03:06:54  
I think It would quite possibly work. Downfall?? Then it would prolly =/- from your mules and move the % onto your main. Wouldn't be that hard...it could fly.

So... if it's a good idea, </um...> LOL Whose going to be the smartguy/girl who makes this?

<please make sure the person who does, gets a very good pat on the back and lots of credit for the time he/she does this..>

Smile!!!
 Seraph.Lucipherious
By Seraph.Lucipherious 2008-11-24 21:56:29  
I likethis suggestion :D I've done it manually before and just stopped cause its just too much time.
 Ragnarok.Albender
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2008-11-25 05:01:37  
That's something I'd like to see implemented as well.
 Hades.Cainen
サーバ: Hades
By Hades.Cainen 2008-11-25 12:07:13  
would be nice to see this implamented good thinking
 Asura.Shamaya
サーバ: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2008-11-25 21:29:18  
Would be cool. I wonder how many people, though, have a very small % of total cash flows that go through the (Jeuno) AH, and on their main char. I know for me it's not a very high %
 Odin.Marigrim
サーバ: Odin
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-11-25 21:42:14  
I love the idea personally, seeing you made say "180k spent 400k" and subsequent off balance numbers enough will make you say wtf is the negitive money coming from?? Why am I not broke yet???? Do I really npc that much!? lol when I calculate my profit vs spending I find myself saying that alot, to be able to see it all the time I would be able to subconsciously adjust my spending habits by watching the gains/losses here and there always posting and spending in the habbit of keeping it in the green meaning more money over all and maybe (if more players do this) an over all healthier in game economy. I don't mean studying it, but seeing that figure and it being in your head all the time while your on a I need to make money grind and adjusting your habbits based off of it, killer idea `*^^)y' Mari
 Odin.Gensouryuu
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Gensouryuu 2008-11-25 22:42:53  
would love to see this implemented
 Ramuh.Neurotic
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Neurotic 2008-12-10 12:31:44  
Are there any plans to see this implemented?
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-12-10 13:13:12  
It's come up a lot. So far there are too many unanswered questions and disagreements on how it should be implemented for us to move forward with it.

Examples:
1) How many transactions does it take into consideration for the sum?
2) Does it depend on the user's visible transaction count in their player settings?
3) Is it visible to all users or just your own linked characters?
4) If all characters, is it for both registered and unregistered users?
5) Does it link all characters so users can get sums for all their mules, too?
6) Is it retroactive? How far back can it go? Does it have to be applied to all 380 million transactions in the database retroactively to get meaningful numbers for each user for now?

Keep in mind that answers like "Make it configurable" make it less likely to be implemented, because it becomes significantly more work and extra configuration data lookups per login session on every page view.
 Leviathan.Morouxshi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Morouxshi
By Leviathan.Morouxshi 2008-12-10 14:41:06  
I think this is something that while useful for the user himself, might not be good for others to be able to do easily.

I would make it, private for linked characters and only make the 'start date' as the configurable thing. I would make it optional, so the database load is only somebody who:

a) is logged in, and confirmed he owns the character.
b) wants this information.

I would actually not even mind it if it were not retroactive. Linking of all characters might be a bit too much and if you are giving them totals that should solve the problem either way, since its just 5-6 numbers to add up, instead of hundreds.

The only thing I really think is that it should be private. my 2 gil.
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2008-12-10 15:50:17  
Whenever I find myself at a crossroads of having a great idea but not sure how to implement it exactly, I also tend to sit on it and contemplate. But, then I usually just implement it the best I can, knowing that I can tweak it later. The inertia of something that can be improved is a lot more interesting and valuable than a pregnant idea. My $0.02.

I would welcome this feature in any form.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2008-12-10 17:55:52  
Well i think if you did this it should be on a monthly basis.
Something you would have to activate and only viewable by the user.
Link crafting mules ...... its not hard to add or subtract 2 or 3 bottom lines.

GL out there
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2008-12-10 22:11:53  
I think this would be an amazing thing especially imo if it linked my AH mules to my main chars page would make it easier for me to see just how much or how little im losing or profiting on certain things, the only downside is it would not count bazaar sales, and i always have a bazaar mule stocked, full and wishing its ***would sell.

lol
 Seraph.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Seraph.Xurion 2008-12-12 09:40:56  
To answer Jaerik's questions, I think:

1) How many transactions does it take into consideration for the sum?
It should be dynamic and display the amount shown in user preferences.

2) Does it depend on the user's visible transaction count in their player settings?
See #1

3) Is it visible to all users or just your own linked characters?
Visible to all I would guess. Maybe available to turn off the feature in preferences? But I couldn't see a good reason to implement this choice. Besides, if the user doesn't want to show his/her profit/loss, they would just hgise their whole history.

4) If all characters, is it for both registered and unregistered users?
Yes, it should be on by default.

5) Does it link all characters so users can get sums for all their mules, too?
I wouldn't think so because some people have multiple characters which are not considered mules, but completely seperate.

6) Is it retroactive? How far back can it go? Does it have to be applied to all 380 million transactions in the database retroactively to get meaningful numbers for each user for now?
Na, as in #1, it should be dynamic and sum up the totals from the currently displayed transactions.

Xur
 Lakshmi.Wardens
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2008-12-14 21:44:44  
I agree with Xurion. Especially with the last part. That it should only calculate with the current transactions shown. I have all 255 transactions shown on my profile. I don't mind if other people see my transactions. Its worth it to me to see that far back. If I had a choice I'd show alot more. I have nothing to hide.