フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » This day in age in FFXI
This day in age in FFXI
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-22 17:30:43  
Bahamut.Serj said: »
Cerberus.Smacksterr said: »
Also, this is my 2nd character.... Once again.

Post on your main, ***is probably the same.

I forgot my pw to that account during my hiatus.
Can go look at it still, it's nothing to write home about but it certainly isn't trash.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-12-22 17:36:26  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
I dont understand why you are saying this is your second char, that doesnt mean ***.

Because you are solely basing your opinions about skill on gear sets.

Where the *** did i say that? But bad gear sets normally mean ***player though i have seen people with very good sets and be equally ***.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-12-22 17:37:14  
Bahamut.Serj said: »
Also, this is my 2nd character.... Once again.

Post on your main, ***is probably the same.

I forgot my pw to that account during my hiatus.
Can go look at it still, it's nothing to write home about but it certainly isn't trash.

Do you not realize that your arguing on the forums about the quality of you gear? What happened to those elitist *** you hate so much?

It seems as if there is nothing but elitist *** (or so they think) or rookie-type noobs wearing pink and white gear.

...who is to judge whether or not someone is ***?

Wants to be free from outside judgment; posts that on an internet forum.

Hates elitist ***; mocks people with worse gear than him.

Come on, man, this is ridiculous. You can't be this bad at being a hypocrite.
 Asura.Myrrh
サーバ: Asura
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-12-22 17:54:54  
I too, wish to be a ***. Tho, all I do wear is pink.

ON MY HEAD!!!
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-22 18:19:48  
As an elitist *** representative(according to some great minds on Phoenix), here's my suggestion: suck less.

Or better, get over it. No one cares about you, so stop stepping on the stage(awesome alliteration)to scream your disappointment. Avoid the people you don't like and play with those you enjoy. And more importantly don't make stupid threads to *** about it cause you only come out as a spoon.
[+]
 Asura.Kosmik
user: HydroFoxx
By Asura.Kosmik 2012-12-22 18:34:52  
The first thing you need to do is realize that 95% of the people you will encounter in any online multiplayer game are pieces of excrement (personality-wise or skill-wise, it matters not)
After you come to this realization, you can either
A) Deal with it
B) Find a group of like-minded people to befriend who understand that you play for fun and not to please others
C) Play solo or multi-box
D) Don't play at all

In the end, complaining about it won't change a thing.
You'd be better off talking to a wall, especially if you come to this forum to vent your frustration.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-12-22 19:32:19  
I find it funny that someone would describe 95% of the playerbase as excrement (attitude or skill) and then count himself in the 5% and ipso facto claim it's my 12.95 play for fun crap.
[+]
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-22 20:03:54  
>Doesn't like useless posts
>Makes a thread that's completely useless
[+]
 Cerberus.Celll
user: Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-12-22 20:34:29  
Over the years i have noticed that people group up, and tend to not let others join as new people can be loose cannons when it comes to certain events, and can screw up the "Flow" of things if it's an event they tend to do on a regular basis.

I have done this quite a few times when it comes to doing empy runs and various other events. You get a good repoire with them and you know what each person is doing or supposed to do without even thinking about it, much less having to say something to them. Bring in new people and things tend to get messed up.

For the most part skill >gear, but you dont see many drks in perle doing PW do you?

So on the whole "Elitist" part i can agree with, as having to deal with someone who doesn't know whats going on is a headache, and I would much rather have to do extra work then bring someone new into the fray.

On the other end though, we were all noobs at some point in our career, So complaining about noobs is rather hypocritical.
[+]
By Lykos 2012-12-22 20:50:29  
I dont understand why you are saying this is your second char, that doesnt mean ***.

Because you are solely basing your opinions about skill on gear sets.

Where the *** did i say that? But bad gear sets normally mean ***player though i have seen people with very good sets and be equally ***.

Ah this makes me sad, my gear isn't great. I'm a military dog handler (MWD) so I'm away for 6 months minimum. Having just arrived home recently from hell I'm making my usual effort to catch up with everything FfXI. I'm never going to be up there at the top gear/equipment wise but I always make the effort so being called a "***player" isn't really fair. Even if it wasn't aimed directly at me there's a lot of others like me.

Either way I'm happy knowing i'm keeping my wife, family, friends and all of you safe! It's wonderful to be home and Merry Christmas! :)

Don't forget how to have fun.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sevvy
user: Sevvy
By Fenrir.Sevvy 2012-12-22 20:54:02  
It's funny to see these posts. I am not elitest but it you think this guy thinks that FFXI is the only game in the world with these problems. Its any MMO you go to, you go onto a server with thousands of different personalities and you are always going to get people who act up because they feel they can.

Also your post is hypocritical. You cry about people being elitest but then you also talk ***on people wearing pink and not know how to play a job. Let them play how they want to, if you dont want to play with them then dont.
[+]
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-22 20:59:23  
Fenrir.Sevvy said: »
It's funny to see these posts. I am not elitest but it you think this guy thinks that FFXI is the only game in the world with these problems. Its any MMO you go to, you go onto a server with thousands of different personalities and you are always going to get people who act up because they feel they can.

Also your post is hypocritical. You cry about people being elitest but then you also talk ***on people wearing pink and not know how to play a job. Let them play how they want to, if you dont want to play with them then dont.

By saying someone is a noob is not talking ***. It's a statement.
You say someone is black, it isn't being racist... it's pointing out the obvious.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-22 21:05:07  
So calling them a noob for poor gear choices is alright, but calling them a noob because they're level 99 and don't know how to play their job isn't.

ok.

there's a difference between commanding, overbearing shitfucks who don't really know their ***and attempt to control to compensate for something and the "elitist scum" who actually actively aim to help people by offering advice, by the way. If you don't care about advice then ignore it, don't bother starting up a soap opera about it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-22 21:13:35  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
So calling them a noob for poor gear choices is alright, but calling them a noob because they're level 99 and don't know how to play their job isn't.

ok.

there's a difference between commanding, overbearing shitfucks who don't really know their ***and attempt to control to compensate for something and the "elitist scum" who actually actively aim to help people by offering advice, by the way. If you don't care about advice then ignore it, don't bother starting up a soap opera about it.

It became a soap opera when people such as yourself took such offense to it you felt the need to defend yourselves. If I'm such a lowlife, shitty geared noob then why do you feel the need to become so defensive?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-22 21:14:19  
It was a soap opera the second you decided to make a post about someone who pissed in your cornflakes. So far you're the only one who's said something akin to what you wrote about yourself to begin with.

You're on the offensive toward the wrong people, expect there to be a counter.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-22 21:16:20  
So far you're the only one who's said that to begin with. You're on the offensive toward the wrong people, expect there to be a counter.

I respect people who are good at the game and willing to help out. There's a difference between being helpful and being egotistical with your information.
and also, I'm NOT the one saying that. Have you not read these comments?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-22 21:18:11  
I haven't read the whole thread, no, so if I'm missing something I apologize, however lumping every "elitist" in with each other is incorrect. There are those of us who seek to help, not hinder. I also agree with some of the previous posters, your OP clearly states that certain people are gimp, and yet here you are complaining about "who has the right to call other players bad/gimp??"

I don't know, who does?

edit: ok took the 60 seconds to read the rest of it... where did anyone call you something derogatory again? all I see is them "pointing out the obvious" or being facetious.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-22 21:21:20  
I haven't read the whole thread, no, so if I'm missing something I apologize, however lumping every "elitist" in with each other is incorrect. There are those of us who seek to help, not hinder. I also agree with some of the previous posters, your OP clearly states that certain people are gimp, and yet here you are complaining about "who has the right to call other players bad/gimp??"

I don't know, who does?

Yeah I get you, and I really don't mean to lump. It is true I have some good friends who are pretty damn pimp.
They also are the same people who don't feel the need to unnecessarily rub it in your face whether or not given the opportunity.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-22 21:23:51  
Yes, and I'm not going to say I've never done that, but if someone shows a reason for me to then I'll be much more condescending with my advice-dealing. People who would call someone bad or the like, like someone who would call someone in Lykos' case a bad player for not having everything, is obviously in the wrong, and anyone with a shred of decency would understand that. Feel free to be mad at those people, but it certainly isn't all-encompassing (as you just agreed), and making a public thread about it really won't do anything, it'll just add fuel to the fire. That's all.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sevvy
By Fenrir.Sevvy 2012-12-22 21:27:32  
You pay your monthly dues each month to play how you want to play. We all do. Dont ***on other people because they dont conform to your standards on how to play. Honestly after listening to your babbling I wouldnt help you if you paid me millions of gil.
[+]
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-22 21:37:15  
You pay your monthly dues each month to play how you want to play. We all do. Dont ***on other people because they dont conform to your standards on how to play. Honestly after listening to your babbling I wouldnt help you if you paid me millions of gil.

Once again, I'm not talking ***about noobs.
I'm stating that there are noobs and there are experts.
Also, I could give a *** whether you'd be willing to help me or not considering you're on a different server and I have some friends that are willing to help me with things.
By Smurfite 2012-12-22 21:37:23  
It seems as if there is nothing but elitist *** (or so they think) or rookie-type noobs wearing pink and white gear.
I don't know if Abyssea is to blame but I think it plays a part. It doesn't just make people who suck able to get to 99 with a job they don't know anything about... but also the people who are semi-decent suddenly get these huge egos because they have some kind of 'credibility' that is based solely upon an ffxiah page with all jobs at 99.

I guess I'm just sad that this game is very hard to enjoy nowadays without everything you say being talked down to by someone who swears they know know better.

If I shout for something at a really cheap price, let me suffer and no one reply. Don't tell me what I SHOULD be doing because chances are I know and just don't give a ***.
Please take the time and effort you are going to put into criticizing someone and just go back to talking ***amongst your friends or something. That way I at least don't have to hear it.

I really don't play this game to out-do anyone. I play this game because I'm bored and it entertains me.
So thanks, but no thanks I guess.

Shut up, go get laid or something. Merry Christmas
[+]
 Cerberus.Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-12-22 21:40:21  
Once again, I'm not talking ***about noobs. I'm stating that there are noobs and there are experts. Also, I could give a *** whether you'd be willing to help me or not considering you're on a different server and I have some friends that are willing to help me with things.

I used to be on your server until two months ago. I know who you are, and I love Jogi a lot, but I know the types. (Changed my FFXI avatar so you can see, you probably know who I am, because I am one of those "elitests" you hate so much.)
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-12-22 21:46:44  
Don't tell me what I SHOULD be doing because chances are I know and just don't give a ***.
Please take the time and effort you are going to put into criticizing someone and just go back to talking ***amongst your friends or something. That way I at least don't have to hear it.
I really don't play this game to out-do anyone. I play this game because I'm bored and it entertains me.
So thanks, but no thanks I guess.

You're not special. No one is, except Sylow because she's insane. Complaining about how everyone except you and your friends are doing it wrong just makes it sounds like you and your friends are clueless.

And you probably should just keep your mouth shut about BLU, you're not the first person around here to talk like they know ***despite the massive amount of evidence to the contrary. You're just begging for people to call you out.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-22 21:58:06  
Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
except Sylow because she's insane.

sorry. go on. :3
[+]
 Cerberus.Kengo
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2012-12-22 22:20:38  
I think there's a grey area.

I know a couple of families that play this game, older folks, and they play off and on in their free time. Great people, aren't overly concerned with the way they play, because, they just play as a unit.

Now, if they decided they wanted to partake in events where you needed to be in top form, I would be very nervous, and or extremely critical. They don't, and that's fine. No other players time is wasted.

If players in their skill range, say, did Voidwatch for example, and were not playing at this, "elitist" level, then you're not only wasting your time, but 17 other players time.

Other than that, who gives a ***?
 Asura.Myrrh
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-12-22 22:34:20  
Unless Sylow grew boobs on the back...

I just saw the HIMYM episode on that particular thing.

Sylow IS pretty tho.
 Cerberus.Eanae
user: Eanae
By Cerberus.Eanae 2012-12-23 00:04:47  
Ok.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-23 02:05:10  
Cerberus.Sevvy said: »
Once again, I'm not talking ***about noobs. I'm stating that there are noobs and there are experts. Also, I could give a *** whether you'd be willing to help me or not considering you're on a different server and I have some friends that are willing to help me with things.

I used to be on your server until two months ago. I know who you are, and I love Jogi a lot, but I know the types. (Changed my FFXI avatar so you can see, you probably know who I am, because I am one of those "elitests" you hate so much.)

Yeah I know who you are, but you're no longer here.
I don't hate elitists, I just hate elitists who force themselves upon people because they think that their style of play is the only and correct way to do so.
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Sephiran
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2012-12-23 04:46:31  
In my opinion, there are two different types of elitists. There are those that think their way is the best and only way, and there are those that strive to be the best and help others get there too. The second type tend to accept alternative playstyles as well.