(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 205 206 207
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2017-01-06 20:21:13  
:< again a full spreadsheet would help so much
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-06 20:40:25  
Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
So what's the optimal amount of STP for getting to 2250 tp?

Edit: Ok this is how I'm finding the answer: 2250-TP after fisrt hit of Reso / number of hits. Lemme know if that's giving me the wrong answer.

For me, looks like I'd need 89 total STP for this with a base of 174 TP returned from WS.

Should only need about 57 sTP for Rag using reso. Maybe a little less or more depending on your ws set to get ws + 4 hits = 100%+ tp
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2017-01-06 20:48:38  
Asura.Thorva said: »

Edit: Ok this is how I'm finding the answer: 2250-TP after fisrt hit of Reso / number of hits. Lemme know if that's giving me the wrong answer.

For me, looks like I'd need 89 total STP for this with a base of 174 TP returned from WS.

Should only need about 57 sTP for Rag using reso. Maybe a little less or more depending on your ws set to get ws + 4 hits = 100%+ tp

That's true, but I was trying to see what it took to get to 2250 TP with only 9 hits but getting 89 total STP loses so many stats.

57 STP (/SAM) means 10 hits to 2250
74 STP (/SAM) means 9 hits to 2250 but you'd lose a lot of accuracy doing this
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-06 20:52:19  
The margins on varying TP levels for Resolution are very small unless you're til near 3k. Environmental factors and subtle differences in gear selection are generally more relevant than shooting for a specific TP threshold or some sort of extended x-hit build.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-06 20:56:19  

That's true, but I was trying to see what it took to get to 2250 TP with only 9 hits but getting 89 total STP loses so many stats.

57 STP (/SAM) means 10 hits to 2250
74 STP (/SAM) means 9 hits to 2250 but you'd lose a lot of accuracy doing this

I see what you are saying now, thought you were looking to get 22.5% tp per hit for some reason.
Anyway you are after 175% tp with moonshade tp bonus of 25%, otherwise go for 200% if you don't have the earring.

As Nightfyre said, don't worry about exact numbers, not worth the headache of trying to perfect it, a little under/over 175% won't matter.

edit: I have had +89 sTP in gear in the past, it wasn't worth it at all.
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2017-01-06 21:16:59  
Mathematically, expressing 4% QA = 16/100 is terrible.

Mainly because your 100 doesn't mean anything.

If it's attack rounds then if you remove your 4%QA you would lose 12 hits meaning the 0%QA = 4/100 because those 4 attacks are still there.

Probably the better way of saying is this is when you add something you don't count what's already there.

Like me saying because
3 + 1 = 4
so in that calculation 3 is there 100% of the times
so 100%(3) = 400/100 which is saying 3 = 4
or 100%QA = 400/100 which is saying 1QA = adds 4 attacks which is incorrect
but if i said
100%(3) = 300/100 which says 3 = 3
or 100%QA = 300/100 which says 1QA = adds 3 attacks which is correct

Other thing that proves it's wrong is
4QA = 16/100 = 16% which has no relation to what QA actually does
4QA = 12/100 = 12% which is the % of attacks it adds.

Edit: I know what ya mean but you're expressing it in a mathematically incorrect way which is why people are getting confused.

DA doesn't give diminishing returns because if you attack for 100 dmg then the first DA will give you +100 dmg per 100 attack rounds and the last Da you add will add +100 dmg per 100 attack rounds (The +%DPS is less but that doesn't define diminishing returns)

As for DA vs Stp it's a nightmare to work out cause you need to first work out ya WSDMG and Melee DMG ratio to know the effect.

But i kinda go by 1 hit taken off your build is equal to 10-15% of Double attack or equivalent gear. (that's spamming res at 100% tp)
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-06 21:21:06  
I get what you are saying, I just do it different in my head to understand how many rounds until I get multi-attack. I.E. 50% DA gives 3 attacks per 2 rounds. (almost typoed again there) The way I typed it was the only way I could express it.

Edit: the importance of why I do this is to determine how much sTP I will use, especially when I have a cor in party.

If I am racing to 175% tp, and I get 20% tp per hit at 50% double attack 4 rounds will give me 6 hits at 20% each to = 120% of the 175% I want. Which means running off that average it will actually take me 6 rounds at 50% DA with 20% tp per hit to get to 180% tp.

Knowing that value will allow me to swap between sets based on buffs and do whatever I can to minimize the rounds between WS. Getting sam roll will allow me less sTP and more multi-attack.

This is all on top of knowing how much haste to have at what time, if you are magic haste capped and running LR, then you only need 12% haste in gear, that will increase your dps with haste rules. Unfortunately haste 1 and 2 share the same code in lua and if you get haste 1 it will always think you have 30%. So if you don't want to worry about that you can use a set cycle to lower/raise haste.

I wish there was a way to have gearswap define haste 1 vs haste 2 and adjust your sTP/DA based on rolls. Probably is a way to do it, but I haven't got a clue how to do all the rolls coding.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2017-01-06 21:46:14  
With Res WSing at 100% tp is better.

Cause at 175% tp you only add 54% DMG where you could of had a second WS in the same time WSing at 100% TP.

Of course WS Delay will help 175% WSing DMG more but not by 54% i'm sure. That said it makes people that wait for a Skillchain the true winners.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-06 21:49:07  
I know my personal experience has shown that holding tp on reso has not only increased ws dmg, but my overall dps. Most the time you come out of a ws animation already waiting to ws again, the wait is so minimal to hold to 175 that I have found my overall damage does actually increase by holding tp.
 Asura.Luckyseven
By Asura.Luckyseven 2017-01-08 06:18:16  
I've been back a few months now and still working on my dark. Currently looking for a ws set for reso, but i really don't want to spend hundreds of millions on argosy+1 (got the feeling they wont be best for long). If you were to use reisenjima gear, which pieces would you use and what augments?
 Asura.Bloodlusty
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2017-01-08 07:14:30  
Asura.Luckyseven said: »
Currently looking for a ws set for reso, but i really don't want to spend hundreds of millions on argosy+1 (got the feeling they wont be best for long).

"Feelings" Still the strongest point of view in this guide... hence why I no longer post anything here.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-01-08 09:29:29  
Asura.Bloodlusty said: »
"Feelings" Still the strongest point of view in this guide... hence why I no longer post anything here.
Err...where have I said that feelings > dps calculation? I'm legit curious here, because if I made it come off that way, let me know where. If "feel free to experiment" means anything, it means to always assume the standard strategies/gear before you have the option to experiment.
 Bismarck.Gippali
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-01-08 09:37:57  
Currently looking for a ws set for reso, but i really don't want to spend hundreds of millions on argosy+1 (got the feeling they wont be best for long).

I thought it was "the power of friendship".
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-08 10:17:57  
curious what other drks have done in tp gear to accomodate the uti grip and niq ring. I am having the hardest time with finding 12 stp elsewhere while trying to keep a fairly high DA rate and acc....
 Asura.Luckyseven
By Asura.Luckyseven 2017-01-08 10:20:46  
Bismarck.Gippali said: »

So does anyone have ws sets that doesn't involve argosy +1 ?
 Bismarck.Gippali
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-01-08 10:23:04  

A mix of Reisen items aug'd with WSD/ACC/ATT/some random stat will be good for most DRK ws's
[+]
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-01-08 10:26:29  
I've been back a few months now and still working on my dark. Currently looking for a ws set for reso, but i really don't want to spend hundreds of millions on argosy+1 (got the feeling they wont be best for long). If you were to use reisenjima gear, which pieces would you use and what augments?

NQ argosy if you cant get the equal values on Valorous head/body/feet Odyseean hands/legs I think those will get you the most str/acc mix. Aim for double attack for the unique augment.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-01-08 10:40:55  
Also, I'm nearly done sorting out armor sets, what's the consensus for this set as a "newbie/basic entropy swap?"
ItemSet 279830
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-01-08 10:44:45  

What. They're saying that the Argosy +1 set might not hold up when compared to Relic and Empyrean +3 sets when they get added. Evidence being how good some of the Artifact +3 pieces are.
[+]
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2017-01-08 11:32:37  

A mix of Reisen items aug'd with WSD/ACC/ATT/some random stat will be good for most DRK ws's

DA or WS accuracy are better than WSD for Reso, but if you're using the same pieces for Ukko's, CR, Fudo, etc I'd stick with WSD.

I imagine the perfect augment on Valorous pieces would be (10)15 str (30?)40 acc (30?)40 att and either (4)5 DA or (15)20 ws acc depending on which stone you're using. Probably cheaper to buy Argosy +1 than to hope on getting some of those augs tho
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2017-01-08 11:36:34  
While a lot of Argosy +1 set is best in slot for DRK it's not required gear for DRK like you said it's cost is so high it would be better for "many" to put that gil to better use, it is definitely a set for the perfect DRK who has nothing left to get.

Personally, I ride both Ambu+1 sets/capes w/Rag for DRK which is strong enough to do anything as DRK hell i've out parsed other DRKs with full Argosy+1 sets because I'm more efficient with marcos and know when to gear towards acc/da/stp/dt. Like there is nothing more satisfying seeing a DRK die cause of being oneshot while I stay alive cause I geared towards damage taken.

As for NQ Argosy I did calculate it vs ambu+1 at one point it's increase very small, tho can't remember by how much but it has a lot to do with the DA bonus and the extra acc/STR you get from HQ.

Honestly, the biggest skill with DRK is the use of Dark seal with Neither Void

w/ Drain III and DT set = DRK becomes one of the most survivable DDs in the game only really rivaled by RUN or maybe BLU but there will struggle to keep up with DRKs DMG.

w/ Absorb-ACC = Allows you to cap ACC when it's really needed and with the right gear I don't think many can get to that level of ACC .

w/ Absorb-Stat = When you don't need acc or survivability you can get a decent buff in your DMG.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-01-08 11:41:44  

Sulevia +1 legs might be a decent alternative until Argosy+1 as well, I could be wrong though
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2017-01-08 11:47:09  
Sulevia +1 and Flamma +1 mixed and match has a lot of different ways to gear.

There issue is lack of haste which can be offset a lot of ways (haste grip)/(haste cape)/(having a high haste piece of gear). I'll post a few of my sets in a second.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-01-08 12:15:13  
Flamma has a lack of attack but solid acc and str and even some multi attack. Sulevia hands and legs can be good options all around but the better reisenjima augments can pull ahead.

Flamma head / sulevia body / sulevia hands / sulevia legs / flamma feet would probably give you the best mix of only ambu gear for Reso.
[+]
 Asura.Luckyseven
By Asura.Luckyseven 2017-01-08 12:45:58  
Quetzacoatl said: »

Sulevia +1 legs might be a decent alternative until Argosy+1 as well, I could be wrong though

Went 1/2 the other day on Voodoo Celata, went 1/3 today.. stop being a cheapskate and appraise it? lol
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2017-01-08 13:16:58  
High Acc Tp ing

ItemSet 348877
JSE Cape = 10 DA 20 Dex 30 Acc
Without buffs or food or aftermath
Acc = 1181
Atk = 1513
DA = 30%
TA = 7%
Stp = 31
Haste = 24%

Basically it's a 6 hit build focused on primarily on ACC then Multi-attack.

There are a lot of adjustments I'll make depending on ACC/Haste requirements. For example I can gear in more DA using Founder Breast Plate/Sulvs legs/Brutal/Ganesha Mala
for

QA= 2%
TA = 7%
DA = 37%

Or if Haste isn't needed over Cap I can Use more Store tp to reach a 5 hit.

Damage Taken Tping

ItemSet 348878
JSE cape = 20 Dex 30 acc 10% Haste
Dark Ring = 5% physical dmg
Acc = 1122
Atk = 1674
DA = 15%
TA = 4%
Stp = lol8
Haste = 28%
Damage taken -%= 41%
Phy dmg taken -% = 9%

Basically, capped out damage taken for physical with a decent level of accuracy
If i'm over haste cap i'll use DA Cape instead.
That said the need to use the full set is rare and usually u can get away by just using a Defending ring/Lorica Torque/Suvi+1 in your normal tp set if mobs are hitting you often.

A bad Resolution set

ItemSet 348879
Aimed mainly at Resolution tho it's weaker than Torc for me
Jse = 20 STR + 30 acc cape + 10 DA
STR = +166
Acc = 1153 (+20 WS acc) = 1174
Atk = 1541
DA = 20%
TA = 7%
Stp = 28

Hard really to explain this set cause it doesn't really work but if i'm using Resolution i'll use this and focus on 5 hitting Res so the rings are focused on TP return. (will usually use Brutal over one of those earring if acc isn't an issue)

A Decent Torc Set

ItemSet 348882
Jse = 20 VIT + 30 acc cape + 10% WSD
VIT = +205
Acc = 1083 (+15 WS acc)(+100 one hit WS acc) = 1208
Atk = 1685
QA = 2%
DA = 5%
TA = 3%
WSD = 19%
Skillchain Bonus = 11%

Basically, You can see why I argued about Torcleaver before cause my access to gear has made Torc a better WS for me because of my gear choices. (basically I have bad Res WS gear without losing all my ACC)

Just as a note, I'm not saying these are the best sets in the game or close to it but if you have the ambu+1 sets it's a way you can use them in a lot of content without leeching as DRK, I guess the only downfall it all has it heavily relies on you using Ragnarok (didn't add the +15 acc from aftermath btw).

Ofc I back all this up with a good Drain and Absorb set to offset times I lack acc or need extra survivability.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-08 14:48:50  
Ragnarok.Rezeak said: »

w/ Drain III and DT set = DRK becomes one of the most survivable DDs in the game only really rivaled by RUN or maybe BLU but there will struggle to keep up with DRKs DMG.

I can confirm the hell out of this, I was rdm/whm in omen, ds/nv drain 3 drk was easier to cure than the pld.

Edit: I have spent the past 3 hours in and out of various apex zones, killing mobs with reso only. I know for a fact my dps has a fairly large gain by holding tp til 175% instead of using reso at 100%.

Side note, I have moonshade, so that is 200% vs 125%
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2017-01-08 15:09:30  
Wouldn't it be nice if we could have Striking Dummies similar to XIV?
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-01-08 15:23:02  
Ragnarok.Rezeak said: »

I can confirm the hell out of this, I was rdm/whm in omen, ds/nv drain 3 drk was easier to cure than the pld.

I only wish it worked on the Omen Caturae :(
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2017-01-08 15:32:34  

Edit: I have spent the past 3 hours in and out of various apex zones, killing mobs with reso only. I know for a fact my dps has a fairly large gain by holding tp til 175% instead of using reso at 100%.

Side note, I have moonshade, so that is 200% vs 125%

I can't really explain it maybe the WS delay does take away too much maybe there is something I'm missing or the ftp formula is wrong.

That said, if it seems to work it either works or difference is too small to parse which is interesting just wish there was a way of explaining it.

Luckily for me, Torc is my go to WS and spamming that for light is definitely the way to go ^^

Edit i will have to try 175% spamming and see if it does shift Res into a better WS than Torc for me, worth trying at least.
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 205 206 207