(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 150 151 152 ... 203 204 205
 Asura.Roughwind
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: roughwind
By Asura.Roughwind 2018-09-10 03:53:42  
someone confirmed augments are permanent and cannot be changed.
edit: also might be translation error instead of double attack+50% might be double damage, so needs confirmation.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2018-09-10 06:14:33  
assuming they didnt change it from the jp reveal im pretty sure the 1st path is double dmg not DA
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-09-10 06:36:24  
Yeah its double damage and confirmed not to work on WSs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2018-09-10 06:49:00  
assuming noone actually took it and just based it off every other piece od ODD/OTD type effects since i believe its the exact same wording and none of the others worked on WS
 Cerberus.Drayco
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2018-09-11 10:47:30  
It looks like we're going to get some nice boosts with Liberator and Caladbolg augments. Apocalypse boost will be helpful, but I still don't see it being used for anything besides Catastrophe HP return. Rag will get a moderate boost in DPS, but nothing to compare to Caladbolg. Redemption should be pretty good with the Quietus boost, but won't topple Liberator or the GS. Redemption is still my go-to when Amnsesia is an issue.

[+]
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-09-11 10:55:14  
DirectX said: »
How was it confirmed and why would anyone make it that route in the first place to check that?

Dev team confirmed. Part of the update announcement.
By Kronkeykong 2018-09-11 11:26:21  
I like how they all look, obviously Empyrean wins out.

But considering I'm a sucker for having all WS's, and I lived in Scythe format back in 200X, Apocalypse is my go-to.

The thing I like about Catastrophe is it's consistency, like Torcleaver. 20% is nice.

As much as I'd like a Redemption...

Empyream is a lot of work when you can just get a Caladbolg.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-18 19:43:14  
Is Loess Barbuta +1 any good for us in a pdt set? Or is the defense/VIT too much to sacrifice compared to AF+3 head?

DEF:121 HP+105 MP+105 STR+21 DEX+21 VIT+21 AGI+21 INT+21 MND-11 CHR-11 Damage taken -10% Unity Ranking: Enmity+9~14
By aisukage 2018-09-19 03:52:46  
I actually use Ratri head. I know it gives +7% DT which some may look and scoff at but with it on i still have 52%PDT reaching that 50% cap while benefiting from that sexy +410HP, regain+4 and the defensive stats like a very nice +91 magic evasion.

Even when i get HQ for another 100HP and regain +1 i will still be at 51% PDT.

So this set gives me 3159HP, 52%PDT, 51%MDT, 4regain and 2 refresh.
ItemSet 359524

PS. I also use this set when weakened to cap PDT/MDT (helps when Shell isn't applied quick enough after raising) and i have been mistaken in not being weakened before because i have around 2k HP while weakened with this set. with capped PDT/MDT and all that HP, it will help you survive most random AOE's so you don't die again due to weakness.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-09-19 08:36:11  
If your purpose is to simply take less damage, I think It's a great addition for the massive amount of DT- it offers. If you're looking for a survival piece, the loss of MDB and Magic Evasion might prove to be a problem in the long run.
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2018-09-19 09:29:48  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Is Loess Barbuta +1 any good for us in a pdt set? Or is the defense/VIT too much to sacrifice compared to AF+3 head?

DEF:121 HP+105 MP+105 STR+21 DEX+21 VIT+21 AGI+21 INT+21 MND-11 CHR-11 Damage taken -10% Unity Ranking: Enmity+9~14

I'd avoid using it based on the +Enmity and lack of M.Eva.
On a single slot basis, Sulv. Mask is a fairly decent option that's not hard to obtain. Gives you acc/att as well as some storeTP which may or may not help your number of swings.

aisukage said: »
I actually use Ratri head. I know it gives +7% DT which some may look and scoff at but with it on i still have 52%PDT reaching that 50% cap while benefiting from that sexy +410HP, regain+4 and the defensive stats like a very nice +91 magic evasion.

This is similar to me using Ratri feet in my idle/movement speed/regen set. Sure, it has the damage taken+ on it, but the HP for regen keeps me above my TP set HP level.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-19 09:50:40  
Would wholeheartedly stay away from Loess from virtually every set IMO. The loss of MDB, Evasion, Magic Evasion, and the negative stats on it are simply not an intelligent decision in today's meta. The DT and HP looks attractive, but there's too many pieces that don't come with the baggage Loess does. Negative stats on ilvl actually knocks that DT down a few pegs. The Ratri head option is really neat for the additional stats.

DRK has far too many good DT/Defensive pieces in nearly every slot to ever need to use that head piece.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-19 14:45:20  
Thanks for the replies, I'll dump the NQ Loess I got last week for vouchers.
By aisukage 2018-09-19 15:33:40  
Still a good enmity piece that i use for tanking stuff on DRK. Casting the likes of stun/absorb spells/souleater in an enmity set can really help if you don't have a real tank.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-19 15:49:33  
aisukage said: »
Still a good enmity piece that i use for tanking stuff on DRK. Casting the likes of stun/absorb spells/souleater in an enmity set can really help if you don't have a real tank.

Interesting. I never really tried to tank anything unless I absolutely had to .. but I'm literally just about to get Apoc so that might change.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-19 16:58:02  
Hey Aisukage, how do you get the gearset to appear on screen like that? Which add-on?
 Bismarck.Lilmartio
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lilmartio
By Bismarck.Lilmartio 2018-09-19 17:27:52  
Hey Aisukage, how do you get the gearset to appear on screen like that? Which add-on?
The addon is called Equip Viewer.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-19 18:07:07  
Bismarck.Lilmartio said: »
The addon is called Equip Viewer.

Nice, I might have to get this.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-19 18:35:09  
Well I wanted to post this on my own profile but the site keeps getting stuck on the processing bit. When I'm finished with the trials I'll update my gearsets post with sets pertaining to Apocalypse! :)

Saw a Dark Knight with this beast in early '05 and decided I'd DRK for life. 13 years later I finally got off my lazy backside.
Thanks to all the friends who kept telling me to make it over the years, this one's for you. <3
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-09-20 19:30:19  
Well I wanted to post this on my own profile but the site keeps getting stuck on the processing bit. When I'm finished with the trials I'll update my gearsets post with sets pertaining to Apocalypse! :)

Congratulations!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-21 13:16:57  
Thanks everyone! Missed my first Cata the other day. I can die *kinda* happy now. Someone play an emo song at my funeral.

PS: I got Equipviewer to work! So I can check my equipset while I lockstyle without having to go into my menu to check if I'm using the right equipset lol.
[+]
By volkom 2018-09-22 18:43:49  
Someone play an emo song at my funeral.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Zeota 2018-09-27 20:57:48  

Saw a Dark Knight with this beast in early '05 and decided I'd DRK for life. 13 years later I finally got off my lazy backside.
Thanks to all the friends who kept telling me to make it over the years, this one's for you. <3
Grats dude! A worthy investment for sure!
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-28 20:03:55  
So, the WSDMG bug buffs Scythe a ton, and that combined with the augments rearranges the REMAs quite a bit.

According to my spreadsheet (which I updated to include JSE neck, new augments, and WSDMG bug), with a set properly designed around AM3, Augmented Liberator by far the best Scythe, and is even roughly on par with Augmented Caladbolg (albeit with Insurgency having inferior SC properties to Torcleaver).
[+]
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2018-09-28 20:29:20  
With how well my Liberator has been performing lately, I'm not surprised at how competitive it is on paper. I'm curious though, with the new augments and JSE necks, how does your spreadsheet look if you disable the WSD% bug? I'm assuming augmented Caladbolg is in the lead, but how do the scythes stack up?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-28 20:41:26  
The scythes take a huge hit from disabling the bug. Augmented Insurgency loses about 25% of its DPS with it off, and the other REMA scythes are further behind.
 Bismarck.Gippali
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-09-28 23:14:08  
Really didn’t take a hit if the update 2.5 weeks ago actually broke something and is now being fixed.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 150 151 152 ... 203 204 205