(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 178 179 180 ... 203 204 205
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2019-12-10 06:51:46  
SimonSes said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
All the stuff drk could've used in this update got laughed at and only got a scythe dmg update... SE still worried about packets it seems. Pld and drk got nothing but a slap in the face here.

I wouldnt call new curaga stance for PLD a slap in the face. Banishga also seems useful for taging multiply mobs when you are not /blu.

Also Scythe buff is awesomely balanced for me. Sure they havent fixed some lacking JAs, but it give them room for future and DRK is in very good place anyway.
Not saying drk isnt in a good place but it has stuff that could've been fixed same with pld yes the thing that got was nice but doesnt it fix the glaring problems with pld not really. Future updates could be years away sadly.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-10 07:01:02  
At least they didn’t get a job nerf like ninja. Count tour blessings
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-12-10 07:30:08  
I've pretty much thrown up my hands. Either I don't understand what it is that others are saying about DRK needing changes/tweaks, or y'all really don't know what you want out of DRK anymore. '-')
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2019-12-10 07:35:59  
Since I don't feel like waiting till I get home, any idea what I should see for an average increase on an R15 cata? If at all?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-10 07:41:16  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
I've pretty much thrown up my hands. Either I don't understand what it is that others are saying about DRK needing changes/tweaks, or y'all really don't know what you want out of DRK anymore. '-')

Consume Mana, Souleater, Blood Weapon could have seen adjustments since they are either rarely used, or not that good unless used for a specific purpose like SEBW antics
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2019-12-10 07:48:16  
I mean this statement could be said about every single class at that point. The whole point of them doing these updates is to touch up on stuff that needs looking at. If you play drk top tier for the most part you can see stuff that needs fixing or seem super useless. (This isnt throwing shade or calling anyone bad btw)
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-12-10 07:48:29  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Consume Mana, Souleater, Blood Weapon could have seen adjustments since they are either rarely used, or not that good unless used for a specific purpose like SEBW antics
Guess I'm just an outlier then... I use Consume Mana all the time when I use Scythe. Consume Mana is useless with GS. Blood Weapon is nearly useless now with the ease of Apocalypse, and Soul Eater is... overkill outside of, as you said, SEBW shenanigans.

I guess what you're saying is it's less about damage as much as usefulness/utility of abilities.
 Shiva.Dayone
user: day1
By Shiva.Dayone 2019-12-10 07:53:39  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Idk, I use those often.

SE: full time on apoc.
Consume mana: on scythe or gs ws, when I can replenish mana (escha fights or on scythe)
BW: dangerous times (schah or pulled hate wave 3) or as you mentioned at capped hp.

@Humpo: also excited to read about cats tests. I’ll log in after work to test too. pDif sounds great on anemic scythes like liberator.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-12-10 07:58:51  
Shiva.Humpo said: »
Since I don't feel like waiting till I get home, any idea what I should see for an average increase on an R15 cata? If at all?
anywhere between 0 and 6%.
By SimonSes 2019-12-10 08:56:34  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
anywhere between 0 and 6%.

And by 0 he means you wont have enough attack to get advantage of higher pdif XD
[+]
 Alexander.Humpo
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Humpo 2019-12-10 09:57:18  
Shiva.Dayone said: »
@Humpo: also excited to read about cats tests. I’ll log in after work to test too. pDif sounds great on anemic scythes like liberator.

Cool beans. I'm really curious to see how much effects Lib. Hopefully its in a noticeable way. I still wish they boosted Entropy so I wouldn't regret getting an R15 Anguta as much.
 Shiva.Dayone
By Shiva.Dayone 2019-12-10 10:05:09  
Alexander.Humpo said: »

Cool beans. I'm really curious to see how much effects Lib. Hopefully its in a noticeable way. I still wish they boosted Entropy so I wouldn't regret getting an R15 Anguta as much.

Never regret R15 Anguta! Cause if you do then I have to as well lol.

Joking aside I'm interested in what you've found for entropy sets, could you post your gearset when you have a chance?
By SimonSes 2019-12-10 10:25:37  

They havent boosted any WS. Why are people confused about it. I understand you were confused before update, because of speculations, but we are after the update.

THE BOOST is general for Scythe, not any single WS alone. pDIF has been raised to 4.0 from 3.75

You can expect up to 6% more damage on everything you do with scythe. All physical WSs, all melee swings.
 Shiva.Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2019-12-10 11:25:42  
Dayone, Ive had R15 anguta for probably a year now. I'll try and post my entropy set when I get home but it's garbage. I checked it the other day and I wanted to smack myself. I think it may still be set from when there was the WSD "bug". My playtime has been absolute garbage this past year. With any luck I will get some time this winter to do plenty of testing. Even it will never be as good as other weapons.

Simon,
I get that they didn't boost WS's but the pdif cap. I inquired about apoc and cata since I use it 95% of my playtime and probably mumble how much damage it does in my sleep. Knowing that it would give a % higher is all I needed to know to have an idea of what happened in this update without diving into the math.

I was also curious how well it effects lib in general since they may have also changed the pdif on crits and it seems like most people do a fair amount of crit rate+ for AM. This could possibly mean a better bonus for lib but I could also be daydreaming or drunk. So time will tell.

As far as entropy, I just really wish they adjusted it.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-12-10 11:29:09  
it doesn't matter what scythe you use, the increase is 0 to 6%.
 Sylph.Darkside
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-12-10 11:59:55  
Anyone else wish they would have just adjusted the fTP at 1k and 2k and for a few 3k for scythe WS? 0-6% improvement based on pDif seems more like a bandaid fix to me.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
サーバ: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-12-10 12:05:07  
Sylph.Darkside said: »
Anyone else wish they would have just adjusted the fTP at 1k and 2k and for a few 3k for scythe WS? 0-6% improvement based on pDif seems more like a bandaid fix to me.

Idk. R15 Liberator at cap is gonna be awesome. If you can ever reach cap on content that doesnt die too fast.
 Shiva.Dayone
By Shiva.Dayone 2019-12-10 12:07:33  
SimonSes said: »

They havent boosted any WS. Why are people confused about it. I understand you were confused before update, because of speculations, but we are after the update.

THE BOOST is general for Scythe, not any single WS alone. pDIF has been raised to 4.0 from 3.75

You can expect up to 6% more damage on everything you do with scythe. All physical WSs, all melee swings.

Yeah we get that, no one is confused except your assumptions but as Humpo mentioned, we're talking about the specific differences where pDIF was a factor in WS damage across a few WSs and base dmg scythe differences.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-12-10 12:12:26  
it does not matter which scythe you're using.

(x + y + z) * a * (4.950) / (x + y + z) * a * (4.675) = 1.0588

The only variable that has changed is the pdif, and even then it only matters if you're able to reach the new cap. since every other variable remained the same, you can just do 4.95 / 4.675 to find the new difference.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dankstar
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darke666
By Phoenix.Dankstar 2019-12-10 12:12:27  
I was playing with lib a bit before bed and I normaly stay around the 50k range with trusts and hitting 74k insurgencys now.
 Shiva.Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2019-12-10 12:32:13  

The only variable that has changed is the pdif, and even then it only matters if you're able to reach the new cap. since every other variable remained the same, you can just do 4.95 / 4.675 to find the new difference.

I really appreciate seeing the math going into it, but this doesn't really show me the end results unless I went thru the effort of actually doing the math. Doing math is boring and tedious. Going out and murdering stuff on the other hand... Much more fun! So again, I really appreciate seeing the math documented but please stop throwing it in my face.

Phoenix.Dankstar said: »
I was playing with lib a bit before bed and I normaly stay around the 50k range with trusts and hitting 74k insurgencys now.

This however, is some grade A testing I can appreciate!
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-12-10 12:34:12  

I really appreciate seeing the math going into it, but this doesn't really show me the end results unless I went thru the effort of actually doing the math. Doing math is boring and tedious. Going out and murdering stuff on the other hand... Much more fun! So again, I really appreciate seeing the math documented but please stop throwing it in my face.

i wasn't even talking to you in that post
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-12-10 12:34:44  
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-12-10 12:47:15  

This seems extremely unlikely to me, especially with trusts.
 Shiva.Dayone
By Shiva.Dayone 2019-12-10 12:56:37  

Thanks 1x = 1y where x = y.

But aren't we basing that assumption on the testing from this one post?
Asura.Veikur said: »
That's what my testing is showing.

Asura.Veikur said: »
Mandibular Sickle on WAR - Damage: 82 (67+15), pDif +0.2
Low - 344
High - 361
344/82-0.2 = 3.9951219512195121951219512195122

Phew, 4.95 pDif cap for Scythe DRK.

Is there more we should be looking at?

If not then:
Code
WS Damage = Base Damage × pDIF * WSD(gear and applied to 1st hit or multiple hits) = floor(( Weapon Base Damage + fSTR + WSC ) × fTP) * pDIF * WSD(gear and applied to 1st hit or multiple hits).

And because pDIF can now reach a higher cap would we consider, for example, a higher attack augmented gear instead of ratri+1 (understanding that scythe skill comes with both acc/atck)
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-12-10 13:01:06  
no, there really isn't anything more to look at. those results line up with a 4.0 pdif cap.
the only variable in the equation that changed was the pdif portion, and since it's multiplied and not added, you just use do new cap / old cap to find the percent change (assuming you're at the new cap or higher)

and your wsd should be multiplied, not added.
[+]
 Shiva.Dayone
By Shiva.Dayone 2019-12-10 13:10:34  
no, there really isn't anything more to look at. those results line up with a 4.0 pdif cap.
the only variable in the equation that changed was the pdif portion, and since it's multiplied and not added, you just use do new cap / old cap to find the percent change (assuming you're at the new cap or higher)

and your wsd should be multiplied, not added.

Thanks, fixed and "no" is too reductive unless you're sure there are no circumstances where a new pDIF means that on some mobs with xx pDIF requirement a high attack piece will outperform a lower attack but higher +WSD piece.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-12-10 13:12:33  
that's situational, without knowing the mobs' stats i can't say.

more than likely not since attack items are better competitively at lower ratio values so if a large attack piece is capping you but a weapon skill damage piece isn’t, you’re probably high enough ratio for the weapon skill piece to be better anyways
 Asura.Veikur
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Veikur 2019-12-10 15:32:22  
Level 1 mobs in East Ronfaure with ~680 attack. Berserk had no effect on damage.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-10 16:25:09  

You, my friend, are why those who play tanks and support jobs have a standard dislike for DRK mains throughout this game. So freaking sick of ppl who only level DD jobs for "Dat LEET DMG" and think of nothing else than the big numbers in their chatlog, don't look at parses, don't break those down for overall party parse variances based on your choices, don't understand hybrid sets or the need/value of them, pull hate within the first 10 seconds of the fight because they fired off back to back Sekka's Last Resort WSs before the tank got beyond the pull only to say "This Tank SUCKS"...

This is no longer a teenager game. This is CERTAINLY no longer a game lacking understanding of its mechanics. Level up GEO, BRD, or WHM- watch party dynamics from a different angle. Level up PLD or RUN- understand hate mechanics finally since its clear studying them isn't going to be in your future. Or better yet, keep talking your LEET DMG in a group of trusts doing 8 year old content because others won't party with you beyond ambuscade. Dear lord, be an adult and realizing that you purposely chose a MMO (Massively MULTIPLAYER Online) Game, and stop wasting others time because you think your amazeballs crit hit means anything.

/endrant.

Please folks. Be the kind of DRK that gets remembered and re-invited by support jobs because you deal out amazing damage and don't kill yourself and the party in the process.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 178 179 180 ... 203 204 205