言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 146 147 148 ... 224 225 226
By SimonSes 2019-03-20 19:04:06  
Shiva.Flowen said: »
I dunno, +8% WSD on barb+1 is really big for savage, and digir at max is still 3 less str and alot less attack (outside DM augs)

Yeah not sure how Digirbalag can win with Barbarity+1. I think Saevel simply forgot about 8%WSD on Barbarity+1, since it was recently an axe that was compared in Decimation builds and that 8%WSD wasn't that important there.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-20 20:51:14  
I dunno, +8% WSD on barb+1 is really big for savage, and digir at max is still 3 less str and alot less attack (outside DM augs)

I had missed the extra WSD, still you need to build TP faster cause more TP = higher Savage Blades but that's a lot of WSD anyway.

My comment was made with savage blade damage in mind. If DWing, isnt axe and decimation better?

Depends on situation, I just finished the Tier 5 quest weapon so going to play test some Savage Blade builds. Decimation gains nothing from Warcry or Blood Rage, two of WAR's biggest DPS boosts.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2019-03-21 15:40:10  
for decimation, would you go with 8 str or 2 TA?
 Sylph.Pankas
サーバ: Sylph
user: Pankas
By Sylph.Pankas 2019-03-22 06:36:20  
So for decimation, barbarity+1 or Digi (augments +15 str, +18 acc, +3 att, +2 dbl.att)
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2019-03-22 07:16:56  
For Decimation you want the Digi because its an FTP transfer WS, so extra hits get the FTP Bonus like with Reso. The only difference is firing off Decimation at 1k has little to no difference as to firing off at 2k etc.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-22 08:56:08  
Sylph.Pankas said: »
So for decimation, barbarity+1 or Digi (augments +15 str, +18 acc, +3 att, +2 dbl.att)

Digi already has STR+10 on it, meaning it's

STR +28
Atk 50
WSD 8

vs
STR +25
Acc +38
DA +5

I'd take the extra Acc and DA over 3 STR and attack unless your really hurting for attack.
By Spaitin 2019-03-24 15:54:49  
Depends on what your Decimation set is and if you are running Sam/fighters roll.

In general Digirbalag should win. But with Sam/Fighters and this set
head="Flam. Zucchetto +2",
body={ name="Argosy Hauberk +1", augments={'STR+12','Attack+20','"Store TP"+6',}},
hands={ name="Argosy Mufflers +1", augments={'STR+20','"Dbl.Atk."+3','Haste+3%',}},
legs={ name="Argosy Breeches +1", augments={'STR+12','Attack+25','"Store TP"+6',}},
feet="Pumm. Calligae +3",
neck="Fotia Gorget",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear="Brutal Earring",
right_ear="Cessance Earring",
left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
right_ring="Flamma Ring",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Damage taken-5%',}},
you would be at 100 DA in Decimation set without digir. (77 DA with gear and being a war plus the fighters roll) So the 8 WSD damage from barb does a little bit. The 5 DA from digir does 0.

Since I normally run with sam/fighter roll. I would generally go with barb+1 in the offhand. However, there are some other sets that you can use where digir will basically always be the better choice. just depends.
 Sylph.Pankas
サーバ: Sylph
user: Pankas
By Sylph.Pankas 2019-03-25 17:24:31  
Spaitin said: »
Depends on what your Decimation set is and if you are running Sam/fighters roll.

In general Digirbalag should win. But with Sam/Fighters and this set
head="Flam. Zucchetto +2",
body={ name="Argosy Hauberk +1", augments={'STR+12','Attack+20','"Store TP"+6',}},
hands={ name="Argosy Mufflers +1", augments={'STR+20','"Dbl.Atk."+3','Haste+3%',}},
legs={ name="Argosy Breeches +1", augments={'STR+12','Attack+25','"Store TP"+6',}},
feet="Pumm. Calligae +3",
neck="Fotia Gorget",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear="Brutal Earring",
right_ear="Cessance Earring",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Damage taken-5%',}},
you would be at 100 DA in Decimation set without digir. (77 DA with gear and being a war plus the fighters roll) So the 8 WSD damage from barb does a little bit. The 5 DA from digir does 0.

Since I normally run with sam/fighter roll. I would generally go with barb+1 in the offhand. However, there are some other sets that you can use where digir will basically always be the better choice. just depends.

Appreciate all the answers guys. Yea, most of the time its chaos/sam rolls.
 Ragnarok.Visper
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Visper
By Ragnarok.Visper 2019-03-26 06:03:09  
Anyone have a WS set for Dolichenus? I looked through the last 6-8 pages and didn't see one, just TP ones.

Also, what are the best options?

I am assuming Shining one > Dolichenus > Naegling

I've seen TP sets for all of the ones listed but not many WS sets unless I'm just missing em.
By SimonSes 2019-03-26 06:27:36  
Ragnarok.Visper said: »
Anyone have a WS set for Dolichenus? I looked through the last 6-8 pages and didn't see one, just TP ones.

I've seen TP sets for all of the ones listed but not many WS sets unless I'm just missing em.

I hope you are trolling lol

EDIT: In case you are just blind :) The set for decimation is literally in post above yours. Going 6-8 pages back is also bad strategy. You should go enough pages to reach a day of the patch. You would then find not only set for Decimation, but even Ejiin's video about that axe.
 Ragnarok.Visper
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Visper
By Ragnarok.Visper 2019-03-26 06:45:19  
Yeah, totally missed that... I usually look for pictures since I can't read apparently!! Thank you.

Still was curious on the best options as in polearm vs Axe vs Sword.
By SimonSes 2019-03-26 07:06:54  
Yeah, totally missed that... I usually look for pictures since I can't read apparently!! Thank you.

Still was curious on the best options as in polearm vs Axe vs Sword.

Polearm is generally stronger, especially under bloodrage and warcry. Axe is still very good and let you go /nin and avoid some stuff with shadows. Sword is only good with Warcry up or with TP bonus offhand.
By Spaitin 2019-03-26 09:24:31  

the set above this post works. can also change out argosy body for dagon if you have it. can change flamma ring for heitori and can change ammo for paeapua depending on unity ranking if you want. there are more decent swaps you can do. but something like the above set would be "ideal"

Polearm is very strong. Axe is also very strong, just not quite as strong. For war, Sword is pretty meh. Have to use TP axe with it. The crippled acc makes it pretty worthless on anything that matters. Fencer works very well with it, but situational. If you party with a real dnc a lot, then it is solid.
Polearm uses a set that looks something like this for impulse.
head={ name="Agoge Mask +3", augments={'Enhances "Savagery" effect',}},
body="Pumm. Lorica +3",
hands={ name="Odyssean Gauntlets", augments={'Accuracy+28','Weapon skill damage +5%','Attack+8',}},
legs={ name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'Accuracy+15','Weapon skill damage +5%','MND+3',}},
feet="Sulev. Leggings +2",
neck="War. Beads +1",
waist="Metalsinger Belt",
left_ear="Ishvara Earring",
right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
right_ring="Karieyh Ring",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Damage taken-5%',}},

There is an argument to use a different set for below 1500 TP. but honestly you shouldn't use ID below 1500 TP. Stardiver would most likely be a better choice at 1k TP. Gonna get your best results at around 2k effective TP on ID anyway.

edited for better items. had the set a little messed up for some reason.
 Asura.Erupt
user: erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2019-03-26 12:02:18  
Not using str+ on any of your wsd augment pieces for impulse?
By SimonSes 2019-03-26 13:15:17  
Asura.Erupt said: »

Because you know, it's random augment system, so not everyone are lucky enough to make STR/WSD5%.
 Cerberus.Hokuten
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Hokuten85
By Cerberus.Hokuten 2019-03-26 13:16:36  
Quote:
body="Pumm. Lorica +3",
hands={ name="Odyssean Gauntlets", augments={'Accuracy+28','Weapon skill damage +5%','Attack+8',}},
legs={ name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'Accuracy+15','Weapon skill damage +5%','MND+3',}},
neck="War. Beads +1",
waist="Engraved Belt",
right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Damage taken-5%',}},

Thanks for this. Was looking for some guidance here, but couldn't find anything specific. Why the Flamma Ring tho? Isn't the set bonus only triggered when paired with other Flamma gear?
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-03-26 15:40:16  
Asura.Erupt said: »
lol I would like to. which is why I said "something" like this instead of "this is a BIS ideal impulse set".
By Spaitin 2019-03-26 15:41:40  
Cerberus.Hokuten said: »
Quote:
body="Pumm. Lorica +3",
neck="War. Beads +1",
waist="Engraved Belt",

Thanks for this. Was looking for some guidance here, but couldn't find anything specific. Why the Flamma Ring tho? Isn't the set bonus only triggered when paired with other Flamma gear?

Yeah, I actually use kari ring. my bad. but the STP on flamma is also kinda nice for xhit builds on impulse. It was early when I pulled the set up.
Metalsinger belt is also better than engraved.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-03-27 11:21:48  
I think it maybe time to update the guide. With WAR's ability to once again epeen with a myriad of weapons, the guide should reflect this as well as touching on the pros and cons there of. Theres also the whole DA build TP set thing that doesn't really get touched on until page 140ish. Someone shouldn't have to read through 100+ pages of discussion to see how things have progressed. A job this awesome has a lot of facets and they should be reflected in the guide, IMHO. Keep swinging and remember, Warriors Always Attack Twice.
[+]
By Taint 2019-03-27 11:24:38  
Spaitin said: »
Cerberus.Hokuten said: »
Quote:
body="Pumm. Lorica +3",
neck="War. Beads +1",
waist="Engraved Belt",

Yeah, I actually use kari ring. my bad. but the STP on flamma is also kinda nice for xhit builds on impulse. It was early when I pulled the set up.
Metalsinger belt is also better than engraved.

Rajas ring would be a solid alternative if the STP helps your xhit.
By SimonSes 2019-03-27 12:23:32  
Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
I think it maybe time to update the guide. With WAR's ability to once again epeen with a myriad of weapons, the guide should reflect this as well as touching on the pros and cons there of. Theres also the whole DA build TP set thing that doesn't really get touched on until page 140ish. Someone shouldn't have to read through 100+ pages of discussion to see how things have progressed. A job this awesome has a lot of facets and they should be reflected in the guide, IMHO. Keep swinging and remember, Warriors Always Attack Twice.

I think you missed Ejiin post. He already stated that he is preparing update for guide.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2019-03-30 23:46:27  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Ok so I built the Ambuscade Staff, is there a WS set for Retribution on WAR?
Edit: Also, how will the Ambu Strap affect the war -pdt set? I'm not saying I'm tossing Utu grip anytime soon but the grip has caught my full attention >.>
Pretty similar to Savage Blade set. Can use the Ultio grip instead of utu for retribution.
By Autocast 2019-04-02 04:15:39  
Starting to gear my war and at the moment I have no rema weapons. I have Naegling, Kaja axe, and Kaja polearm, with the mats to take one of the kaja to final form, which would be the best option? I assumed polearm simply because the final form seems to be a big boost over kaja where axe final form seems minor.

I intend of course to get chango as soon as possible but in the meantime what weapon setup should I be looking to use most of the time? Monte/raetic+1? Ambu weapons?

Also curious to what most people use as their general acc guidelines for TP sets and WS sets (low/mid/high numbers they tend to aim for)
By Spaitin 2019-04-02 05:15:19  
Autocast said: »
Starting to gear my war and at the moment I have no rema weapons. I have Naegling, Kaja axe, and Kaja polearm, with the mats to take one of the kaja to final form, which would be the best option? I assumed polearm simply because the final form seems to be a big boost over kaja where axe final form seems minor.

I intend of course to get chango as soon as possible but in the meantime what weapon setup should I be looking to use most of the time? Monte/raetic+1? Ambu weapons?

Also curious to what most people use as their general acc guidelines for TP sets and WS sets (low/mid/high numbers they tend to aim for)
Of all the ambu weapons, Shining one seems to work best for war. Motante+1 is awesome outside of escha. Raetic is excellent inside of escha.

Tp and ACC sets should be shooting for around 1200 acc before food/buffs.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-04-02 05:26:06  
Generic acc for both TP and WS is something like
Low end - Your optimal set lowest acc(optimal stp, ma etc. without looking at acc). For some jobs this will be below 1100 acc. For some it will be above 1100 acc. For high accuracy jobs like drg and dnc it will be even higher.
High end - somewhere around 1315+. You wont generally need it most of the time. Its mostly for situation when you are missing a buff in something like wave3 or your are blinded.

How many sets you want to make between those two will depend on how much various content you plan to do.

This assumes you will eat sushi on top of that. If you plan to use no acc food then add 100 accuracy to those values.
By Autocast 2019-04-02 05:37:08  
Thanks for the info.

As far as key capes I currently have:

Str30, acc/atk20, DA10
Str30, acc/atk20, WSD10
dex20, acc30/atk20, DA10
vit30, acc20/atk20, WSD10

What other capes am I looking to make?

Reading back about the discussion on shining one for war, what was the consensus on war usage outside of warcry, 2k TP like samurai? WS set similiar to savage blade set?

Again, appreciate the help.

edit:
And I'm blind, I see there is impulse WS sets posted not very far up
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-02 06:06:04  
Maybe look into an STP cape? I'm not an expert on War, but I think many people have said they reach 100% DA without a cape, so might be worth looking in to.
First Page 2 3 ... 146 147 148 ... 224 225 226