Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 224 225 226
By Odinz 2016-03-26 08:20:51  
sounds like an awesome time, I've had those parties where we plant ourselves in the middle of Apex Crab cave and blm's treat it like an old 64 man dynamis run, /assisting me to know which crab is going to be sc'd on.

There's a japanese group always on apex bats and their setup is always 2 decked out mythic/relic RNGs, 1 COR, 1 GEO, 1 RDM. Never seen anything like it. I think its last stand->trueflight they're spamming (might be wrong) but sometimes their RDM doesn't even MB before the bats are dead.
By Blazed1979 2016-03-26 08:44:08  
RNG is the most underestimated job at the moment.
All these MAB/M.acc augments on gear that is already very high on AGI/STR, I have seen some ridiculous numbers.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-03-26 08:48:21  
Yeah LS -> TF is light, and extremely powerful if there is Maliase + Acumen with the target being weak to light.

I've done all sorts of combos at those camps, some are more friendly to melee then others. Crabs / Pugs are the worst for melee's due to their buffs. Then it's crawlers, cocoon sucks but it's easy to dispel and any def down debuff (acid bolts / BLU's def down moves / armor break / ect..) will block it. Then bats / raptors being really squishy for melee's, plus plenty of them to go around. Efts are ok, but Geist Wall sucks to deal with so probably not the best target unless all your buffs are from GEO's.
By Blazed1979 2016-03-26 14:11:32  
Ukon does have 50 STR on it, that's probably the difference.
I'm sitting at +266 str in TP gear.
 Odin.Brozzzz
サーバ: Odin
user: Brozzzz
By Odin.Brozzzz 2016-03-26 20:20:33  
Question regarding restraint sets. What is the consensus on using the Boii Hands+1 / making a restraint set? Assuming the boii+1 hands are worth using this is what I am currently thinking about using for my set (of items I currently own). Thanks!

ItemSet 342769
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-03-27 00:13:25  
Blazed1979 said: »
Ukon does have 50 STR on it, that's probably the difference.
I'm sitting at +266 str in TP gear.

50 STR is +40 base DMG on the WS. That is a nice bump but it's not nearly enough to make it competitive with Resolution or even Upheaval (5/5). Conq changes things a bit as the +crit from berserk augment and AM3 procs helps.

I really wish UF was 2.0 ~ 2.25 fTP per hit and that it copied onto extra hits.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-03-27 00:20:49  
Odin.Brozzzz said: »
Question regarding restraint sets. What is the consensus on using the Boii Hands+1 / making a restraint set? Assuming the boii+1 hands are worth using this is what I am currently thinking about using for my set (of items I currently own). Thanks!

ItemSet 342769

What are you fighting? Anything that would be worth discussing would require a ***ton of accuracy which you won't be getting from those hands, unless your using a One Handed Axe setup.
 Odin.Willster
サーバ: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2016-04-07 09:33:02  
Anyone mind sharing some conq sets (amdown/up)? Thanks in advance
By Blazed1979 2016-04-07 19:35:13  
whats everyone thinking on the new JSE cape for war?
+10% DA? Considering how much DA we already have access to, and diminishing returns and all, would it be better to aim for crit hit rate?

Number crunchers where art thou?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-07 19:46:35  
+10% DA? Considering how much DA we already have access to, and diminishing returns and all, would it be better to aim for crit hit rate?

20STR and 10DA doubles as an amazing STR based WS piece. That alone makes it worthwhile to me. Buuuuuuuutttttt....

Interesting thing about this cape is that it enabled WAR to hit 100% DA completely by itself. The reason THAT is interesting is that you will have enough stp for a 6 hit. That always DAs. So it's a 3hit build. And you have gear that increases your DA damage by 20, and attack during DAs. So it's a neat set.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-07 20:14:49  
Do we actually know what WAR's level 99 DA rate is now from traits?

main:Ukon
sub:Duplus (3%)
ammo:Focal (2%)
head:Boii+1 (5%)
neck:Asperity (2%, 3STP)
lear:Cessance (3%, 3STP)
rear:Brutal (5%, 1STP)
body:Valorous (7%, 3STP)
hands:Valorous (5%)
lring:Petrov (1%, 5STP)
rring:Pernicious (1%, 4 STP)
back:JSE mantle (10%)
waist:Cetl (4%)
legs:Valorous (8%)
feet:Valorous (5%, 5STP)

So I get DA rate+61% from gear with 39 STP including /SAM. Assuming 20% base, with 5% from merits and 10% from gifts, that would be a 96% DA rate. It also puts you slightly shy of a 5-hit.

Even if you could get a 100% DA rate, such a build is not good form and is much less useful than you might think because you're still going to miss hits about 25% of the time and have to spend an extra round even with capped haste. However, if the back really gives +20% double attack damage and you have a near-100% DA rate, it would be essentially +20% DPS. . . factors!
By Blazed1979 2016-04-07 20:18:49  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

20STR and 10DA doubles as an amazing STR based WS piece. That alone makes it worthwhile to me. Buuuuuuuutttttt....

Interesting thing about this cape is that it enabled WAR to hit 100% DA completely by itself. The reason THAT is interesting is that you will have enough stp for a 6 hit. That always DAs. So it's a 3hit build. And you have gear that increases your DA damage by 20, and attack during DAs. So it's a neat set.

will that DA apply to ws procs though?
Also how are you hitting 100 DA, full argosy+1?

oh and I went +10 DA +20atk +20 accuracy.
Everything else the mantle has screams white phase to me (tp). Next one will either be (+10 DA + 20 str) for Reso, or (+10 Crit + 20 STR) for Uko's.

I swear Ukonvsara continues to outpace everything else on parse.. even other well geared Rag wars... I believe in maths, and I love me some MS Reso action, but Ukon is beating everything else by 3-5% margin outside of MS Reso zerg. Those back-to-back 4.7-8k crits are nutz
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-07 20:50:41  

will that DA apply to ws procs though?
Also how are you hitting 100 DA, full argosy+1?

Yes, DA procs on WS... Is that what you are asking?

You actually can't hit 100%DA in Argosy +1 iirc(You end up at like 98% or something), you need perfect DA augments on Valorous/Odyssean.

oh and I went +10 DA +20atk +20 accuracy.
Everything else the mantle has screams white phase to me (tp). Next one will either be (+10 DA + 20 str) for Reso, or (+10 Crit + 20 STR) for Uko's.

You can do all three. My cape has 20STR, 20acc/atk and 10DA.

I swear Ukonvsara continues to outpace everything else on parse.. even other well geared Rag wars... I believe in maths, and I love me some MS Reso action, but Ukon is beating everything else by 3-5% margin outside of MS Reso zerg. Those back-to-back 4.7-8k crits are nutz

I have no doubts there are times when it will win parses. The complete lack of accuracy on it makes it really unappealing to me, but that's me.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2016-04-07 21:15:17  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

So I get DA rate+61% from gear with 39 STP including /SAM. Assuming 20% base, with 5% from merits and 10% from gifts, that would be a 96% DA rate. It also puts you slightly shy of a 5-hit.

Even if you could get a 100% DA rate, such a build is not good form and is much less useful than you might think because you're still going to miss hits about 25% of the time and have to spend an extra round even with capped haste. However, if the back really gives +20% double attack damage and you have a near-100% DA rate, it would be essentially +20% DPS. . . factors!

They actually told us what each trait value is when they adjusted it. That its now 5 levels of double attack trait from the may update last year, and this post answering the specific value. Whatever merits, gifts, and whatever i don't recall adds onto after that.

tl;dr 18% base, pretty good estimate though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-07 21:50:16  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

While I guess you could use Ukon, I didn't bother to look at it. I specifically made the set around my Zulfiqar for fun and because it has the most potential DA(7%) and not too bad accuracy.

You wouldn't use Focal Orb, you'd use Antitail which has 1% more DA and no acc penalty. In that regard, Valorous Mask can also get 5% DA and can have 43acc(If you got hella lucky) over Boii's 24, and 24 natural dex compared to Boii's 17. Portus Collar also offers 1% more DA and 3acc(It's something!) Depending on your weapon of choice you can still swing Kentarch+1 for extra STP and acc.

Admittedly, I was under the impression that WAR's natural DA was 20 at 99. This throws off my calculations a bit.

Prior to the release of this back piece, it was a just for fun set I was thinking up to see if it was possible, didn't really think it was viable. But the increase to damage this back offers made me go back and look at the set again.

That said, missing a hit isn't really that big of a deal with a 3 hit build. It just becomes a 4 hit at point, which is pretty much fine anyway. Depending on your TP return from a WS, it might not even matter if you miss a hit anyway. I dunno, admittedly I didn't put THAT much thought into it.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-07 22:14:20  
I didn't see the link to SE's post, so I went out and tested my DA rate with 3/4 DA Gifts (7%), 5/5 DA merits (5%), Valorous pants (3%), and my base. I was using the new cape (unaugmented) and Republic Dagger (D12) with enough iLevel gear that fSTR should be capped against the Terrigan Manticores I abused.

I got 676 Double Attacks / 1994 rounds, or a 34% +/- 2% Double Attack rate. Subtract off my bonuses and you're down to a 19% +/- 2% base, which is right in line with the 18% they say it is.

Anyway, the real point of the test was to see how the DA Damage on the cape works. 20% is obviously huge, so I wanted to make sure it worked the same way as previous DA damage pieces. I should only have 21 base damage with my weapon choice, so if they had implemented this stat like counter damage and it was base damage +20 on double attacks, it would ~double my damage.

Single Attack damage did 69.6 average across everything. Double Attack damage did 80.7 (not significantly different between hands). That's +20% damage on double attacks from the cape.

Keep in mind that Double Attack Damage does not seem to work on WS.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-08 00:12:21  

Your still spreading this?

AG Rag wins if your going for pure damage vomit. The only GAXE option that beats it is Conq and even then only barely. I remember last time you did "maths" you *** it up pretty badly and essentially gave Ukon a ***ton of free TP.

The back is definitely +20% damage whenever a DA is proced, which is really nice considering how much DA WAR gets naturally. I wouldn't recommend anyone build around it though as you'll just whiff anything that matters. Instead focus on whatever x-hit you are going for with ***tons of accuracy and fit in DA whenever possible. My build was at 64% DA before this cape, now it's at 71%. That is a 14% increase in melee damage for free while also being the best Reso back piece.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-08 00:55:17  
So looked over my calcs again and just so everyone is sure, here is the breakdown.

As a WAR you can expect to DA once per WS on average, actually a bit more but that makes it easier to compare.

Resolution, five hit, fTP copied on all hits, -15% attack
1.11 x 5 = 5.55 +1.11 = 6.66fTP
85% STR

Upheaval, four hit, first hit has fTP raising with TP, each extra hit 1.0
1.62 + 3 = 4.62 +1 = 5.62
85% VIT

Ukko's, two hit, first hit 2.0, each extra hit 1.0
2.0 + 1.0 = 3.0 +1 = 4.0
80% STR

*Note*
Could use Ele belts / gorget for .2 higher fTP, doesn't change much but not sure if they BiS anymore for this WS.

Now a note about critical hits, the cRatio being raised made critical hits worth less then before.

Before 3.0 Crit cRatio cap, 2.25 normal cRatio cap
3.0/2.25 = 1.33, crits worth 33%

Now 4.75 Crit cratio cap, 3.75 normal cRatio cap
4.75/3.75 = 1.26, crits worth 26%

The attack update actually slightly nerfed Crit WS's in comparison to non-crit WS's.

All this together is the reason AG Ukon spamming UF is behind AG Rag / AG Conq. UF is just too weak compared to current WS options. It needs higher total fTP in order for it's average to be competitive with the rest. It's one advantage is if the WAR isn't being well buffed and isn't capping accuracy. UF's first hit, which gets +100 accuracy, is 2.0 and the crit is worth a lot more when your at low cRatio. Resolution distributes it's damage over a wide number of hits and it's -15% attack penalty can hurt if your not getting much attack buffs / defense debuffs.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-08 01:22:21  
One last post real quick because this kind of deserves it's own spot.

The "start with 3000TP" argument doesn't mean one option instantly gets a free AM because all other options would also start with that 3000TP and this ability known as Sekkanoki exists.

Ukon
3000TP -> UF
3.0 ~ 4.0 fTP 80% STR

Rag
3000TP -> Sekka Scourge -> Resolution

1000TP Scourge
Single hit 3.0 fTP +1 for extra hits 40% STR/VIT, multiply damage by 40%. Activate AM for +10% crit +15 accuracy.

2450TP Resolution (250 from moonshade another 200 from Scourge)
2.03 fTP per hit, 5~6 hits = 10.15 ~ 12.18

This makes light, if nobody else is spamming. In either case this combo activates AM and does a *** ton of damage right out the gate.

Conq
3000TP KJ Three hit with first hit getting (1/3/5) fTP bonus, 50% STR mod and +30% damage. With DA looking at 8.0 fTP, multiplied by 30% and activates AM3.

Regular GAXE
1000TP Ukko's Fury -> 2500 TP Upheaval

1000TP UF
3.0 ~ 4.0 fTP 80% STR

2500TP Upheaval
5.0 + 3 x 1.0 = 8.0 + 1.0DA = 9.0 fTP 85% VIT

And this creates self light if nobody else is spamming.

So yeah starting off with a 3000TP Ukko's puts Ukon in the hole damage wise vs all other options. It then needs to climb out of that hole using an inferior WS while the other options are using stronger WS's.
By Blazed1979 2016-04-08 07:22:02  
Asura.Saevel said: »

AG Rag wins if your going for pure damage vomit. The only GAXE option that beats it is Conq and even then only barely. I remember last time you did "maths" you *** it up pretty badly and essentially gave Ukon a ***ton of free TP.

The back is definitely +20% damage whenever a DA is proced, which is really nice considering how much DA WAR gets naturally. I wouldn't recommend anyone build around it though as you'll just whiff anything that matters. Instead focus on whatever x-hit you are going for with ***tons of accuracy and fit in DA whenever possible. My build was at 64% DA before this cape, now it's at 71%. That is a 14% increase in melee damage for free while also being the best Reso back piece.

That was Flowen dude, not me lol. I don't do "maths" in XI beyond STP/Haste.

I understand what you're saying in your post, and I'm not disputing it. I don't have the formulas memorised or have a strong grasp of the mechanics (not that it would be hard) but I can follow the equations when they're laid out.

And Byrth answered my question, if the DA+ DMG procs on WS, which apparently it doesn't.
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2016-04-08 09:28:03  

That was Flowen dude, not me lol. I don't do "maths" in XI beyond STP/Haste.

I understand what you're saying in your post, and I'm not disputing it. I don't have the formulas memorised or have a strong grasp of the mechanics (not that it would be hard) but I can follow the equations when they're laid out.

And Byrth answered my question, if the DA+ DMG procs on WS, which apparently it doesn't.

Ukon during AM3 has 3-5% greater damage potential than rag with AM up (average from a range of ilvl targets 100 to 135). Or so the dps spreadsheets say.

Of course you can go ahead and list out xyz scenarios where this or that weapon will be superior. But it doesn't change that statement.

The comparison is honestly very similar to it was at 242 skill versions, where ukon can win but takes a lot more tweaking than rag does, which doesn't rely on am3 and comes with a shed load of acc.

I have never said "ukon out parses everything" lol
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-08 12:03:36  
Shiva.Flowen said: »
Ukon during AM3 has 3-5% greater damage potential than rag with AM up (average from a range of ilvl targets 100 to 135). Or so the dps spreadsheets say.

That's why I said

The "start with 3000TP" argument doesn't mean one option instantly gets a free AM because all other options would also start with that 3000TP and this ability known as Sekkanoki exists.

The process of using that initial 3000TP greatly favors Rag over Ukon. Rag doesn't need AM3 and can use that "free" 3000TP for damage via Sekkanoki. Resolution scales well with TP so you really get your moneys worth from over TP and initial burst damage.

The situation you state only exists if Ukon gets 3000TP to put up AM3 free while Rag either don't get that TP or is forced to waste it on a WS that doesn't' scale with TP. People need to take a bigger look at the whole DPS process rather the focusing on singular facets. That is probably the biggest weakness of relying on spreadsheets, they are great for checking gear item A vs gear item B, but not good a telling the whole story behind damage.
By Blazed1979 2016-04-08 12:07:42  
Shiva.Flowen said: »

That's why I said

The process of using that initial 3000TP greatly favors Rag over Ukon. Rag doesn't need AM3 and can use that "free" 3000TP for damage via Sekkanoki. Resolution scales well with TP so you really get your moneys worth from over TP and initial burst damage.

The situation you state only exists if Ukon gets 3000TP to put up AM3 free while Rag either don't get that TP or is forced to waste it on a WS that doesn't' scale with TP. People need to take a bigger look at the whole DPS process rather the focusing on singular facets. That is probably the biggest weakness of relying on spreadsheets, they are great for checking gear item A vs gear item B, but not good a telling the whole story behind damage.

No value in setting up Rag's aftermath?
I thought RAG @ 300% using scourge initially vs Uko @ 300% tp using UF, both for aftermath was the comparison.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-08 19:25:29  
No value in setting up Rag's aftermath?
I thought RAG @ 300% using scourge initially vs Uko @ 300% tp using UF, both for aftermath was the comparison.

That's a very bad idea.

Relic's AM is the same regardless of level. There is no AM2 or AM3, just longer duration. Furthermore the WS doesn't get stronger the more TP you use, a 1000TP Scourge is just as strong as a 3000TP Scourge. So starting with a 3000TP Scourge is a waste of TP. Use Sekkanoki to spend 1000TP on putting up AM then fire off a Resolution right after.

1000TP AM: +10% Crit +15 Accuracy @60s
2000TP AM: +10% Crit +15 Accuracy @120s
3000TP AM: +10% Crit +15 Accuracy @180s
 Asura.Airin
user: Airin
By Asura.Airin 2016-04-09 01:37:57  
Have a problem where gear swap will not recognize my sets for ukko's fury and king's justice, I have tried both ways i have seen people do it and it still says equip command cannot be completed. that set does not exist. can anyone help me out here is both ways i had it.

sets.precast.WS["Ukko's Fury"]
sets.precast.WS['Ukko\'s Fury']

kings justice was tried both ways and same result also.

Or if anyone has a full updated gearswap that works i could get that would be helpful also
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2016-04-09 05:05:27  
That's a very bad idea.

Relic's AM is the same regardless of level. There is no AM2 or AM3, just longer duration. Furthermore the WS doesn't get stronger the more TP you use, a 1000TP Scourge is just as strong as a 3000TP Scourge. So starting with a 3000TP Scourge is a waste of TP. Use Sekkanoki to spend 1000TP on putting up AM then fire off a Resolution right after.

1000TP AM: +10% Crit +15 Accuracy @60s
2000TP AM: +10% Crit +15 Accuracy @120s
3000TP AM: +10% Crit +15 Accuracy @180s

I decided to do some more spreadsheeting/extrapolation of the values it provides to try and put this argument to bed lol...

Starting with 3000tp ukkos vs 3000tp sekka scourge > reso > light, it will take 23 melee/ws cycles for the ukon to pull ahead (calculated by extrapolating melee and ws dmg for each weapon spamming reso or upheaval at 1000tp).

At a total cycle time of 8.6 seconds from the spreadsheets for this comparison (melee/ws: 8.6 x 23 = 197.8 or 3 minutes 18 seconds...

So you will have to save up 3000tp to put AM3 back up (during which ukon will no longer be out dmging rag by 3-5% as that assumes AM3 and upheaval spam) before you have overcome rags starting advantage.

And starting without the 3000tp, rag will be much further ahead.

Therefore ukon will only beat rag if you start a fight with AM3 already up from a previous fight..(and even that assumes you don't need rags accuracy!)
[+]
By geigei 2016-04-09 05:38:14  
Is there any content where people start with 3k tp? Cause i'm not doing any.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-04-09 05:51:06  
Asura.Airin said: »
Have a problem where gear swap will not recognize my sets for ukko's fury and king's justice, I have tried both ways i have seen people do it and it still says equip command cannot be completed. that set does not exist. can anyone help me out here is both ways i had it.

sets.precast.WS["Ukko's Fury"]
sets.precast.WS['Ukko\'s Fury']

kings justice was tried both ways and same result also.

Or if anyone has a full updated gearswap that works i could get that would be helpful also

Are you referring to when you use the WS, or when trying to manually equip it via //gs equip in game? The error message you are referring to implies the latter, but there's no reason for you to actually be using this command because your rules should be equipping the set for you automatically. You can check if this is occurring properly by turning showswaps on (//gs showswaps) and using the WS.

If you REALLY want to manually equip it using //gs equip, then you have to escape every quote (single or double). In other words:
//gs equip sets.precast.WS[\"Ukko\'s Fury\"]
 Sylph.Atigevomega
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2016-04-09 06:01:31  
Hey all,
Was curious if anyone had an accurate spreadsheet? I don't mean gear, just formulas. If anyone could share either here or via PM i would really appreciate it! I would love to get my war back up to par, but having trouble just eyeballing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-09 08:43:12  
geigei said: »
Is there any content where people start with 3k tp? Cause i'm not doing any.

Technically you could in any Escha/Reisenjima fight if you wanted to get wings every time... But that'd be dumb.
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 224 225 226