PLD Vs NIN...Who Is The Best Tank?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD vs NIN...Who is the best tank?
PLD vs NIN...Who is the best tank?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-28 14:20:01  
Sorry Ent, but my NIN gear owns yours and I don't come close to averaging that, lol. Yuffy's right on this one!
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-28 14:24:06  
How do you know my WS gear?

I happen to have 75 DRK, RNG, SAM, NIN, THF, and MNK gear I can reuse for WS.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-28 14:25:10  
Siren.Enternius said:
How do you know my WS gear?

I happen to have 75 DRK, RNG, SAM, NIN, THF, and MNK gear I can reuse for WS.

Um... You posted an item set about a month ago of your NIN WS.
 Unicorn.Yuffy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Yuffy
By Unicorn.Yuffy 2009-11-28 14:31:31  
Shiranui/Fudo, already there is a problem to back up your affirmations. If we add the other slots one by one, you fall even more behind.
I believe you when you said you pulled 1.3k with Jin in a meripo, but if you want to make me believe that it was without support and 5 DA on each hit and that it happens often, you will need more than 2 bottle of whisky. Sorry.

Also no offense (elitist on) but just seeing with what you TP on NIN, you probably hardly break 75% acc on colibri so your 1.3k being more than monthly even less make sense.
 Shiva.Nightraid
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-11-28 14:38:06  
Ive never seen a 1.3k Jin by a ninja unless it's on a mob that takes extra damage. Even then its not that high.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-28 14:44:45  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Yuffy's right
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-28 14:45:16  
Garuda.Antipika said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Yuffy's right

lolfrance :|
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-11-28 14:48:52  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Garuda.Antipika said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Yuffy's right

lolfrance :|

Our Flags are almost identical :o
 Unicorn.Yuffy
By Unicorn.Yuffy 2009-11-28 14:49:17  
Says the italian?! :O
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-28 14:50:35  
Unicorn.Yuffy said:
Says the italian?! :O

Lol, irony is I'm actually from the UK, so that's even worse XD
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-11-28 14:52:19  
Could swear you were British at some point Woooo. Was I mistaken :(

And yeah, calling absolute *** on 1.3k being an average. My DRK's full-power WS gear is thus:

Perdu/Pole/---/Bomblet
Heca/Gorget/Assault/Brutal
Adaberk/Chaos+1/Triumph/Rajas
Forager's/Warwolf/Black/Chaos+1

And with BRD/COR this averages ~1075-1125 at bird camp.

EDIT: I KNEW IT WOOOO
 Unicorn.Yuffy
By Unicorn.Yuffy 2009-11-28 15:02:47  
Thing is, 1300 average is more what a SAM or a DRG would get on colibri id say, probably some other jobs with the piercing bonus but i didnt try them yet *^^*
Quote:
Lol, irony is I'm actually from the UK, so that's even worse XD
EU <3
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-11-28 15:06:10  
Yah, exactly. Guillotine is neutral as is Jin... Jin gets critical bonus which won't activate a sufficient amount every time to hit 1.3k, much lower base D, mods and worse WS equipment.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-11-28 15:23:19  
The only time i have hit over 1k damage with Jin was when fighting the 3 mobs in Xarcabard helping with the cap quests. I did 1300+ but also noticed they just had a crapload of HP and took significant damage from everyone.
My NIN is mainly geared for solo/melee for my own selfish reasons which make it loads of fun to play.
I did steal agro from a pally who was using provoke with must my melee and WS. I was shocked by this due to my gear. My NIN with /war has around 110str depending on what i have on.
I believe in the old fashioned meatshield tank like the pallys for all around tanking. They dont have to depend on shadows to tank and Ninjas for the most part do.
Dont get me wrong, taking with NIN is fun but when u are a NIN and are having problems tanking they always have an excuse but pallys who cant tank, well, dont really have any.
Just my opinion
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-11-28 15:30:38  
Pandemonium.Aravol said:
The only time i have hit over 1k damage with Jin was when fighting the 3 mobs in Xarcabard helping with the cap quests. I did 1300 but also noticed they just had a crapload of HP and took significant damage from everyone.

open mouth goldfish! 1640 jin! gooooooo!
 Asura.Aust
サーバ: Asura
user: Aust101
By Asura.Aust 2009-11-28 15:31:09  
Just to defend him only a little, he never said avrage (that i read) insae him say he "has" hit 1,300 dmg WS's.

Regardless, I would still like to see a NIN DD setup that could out DD a PLD on any HNM, perhaps merits sure, because Atonment is based on enmity. Pld's shouldn't merit TP burn tho..... >.>

anyways, plz show me any set for a NIN to DD in. And am I wrong to say webhave come to a conclusion that PLD is the superior tank because of the constant dmg and ability to hold hate atthe same time l, and NIN's agree they can't do both at the same time just as well?

To respond to the people who say "we don't have any good NIN/DRK's" goes back to my point of... PLD can be played on a much more simplitic style. It's a more popular job because of this, meaning you will find a PLD who can get te job done at the drop of a dime, rather then looking for a good NIN/DRK.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-11-28 15:35:15  
My NIN gear is simple. I have the entire Fourth Division Gear set, chivalrous chain. I use my Optical hat mostly over the Fourth division Haube.
My gear setup i believe is visible on my profile.
The stacked STR and EVA is really nice.
I solo 99% of the time. I soloed from 38-75 FoV.
I am definitely not afraid to attack any NM (reasonable)
And yes i have hit 1600+ once with Jin but dont remember details besides i was like WTF! so it dont count in my book.
I have noticed Jin is so inconsistant i am not sure what to count.
1300 dmg has been a decent number i have hit numerous times and 600-800 other times and in between.
I put it. "NIN dont kill mobs, we just irritate it to death"
lol
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2009-11-28 15:38:56  
on the whole nin vs pld tank i'd say it depends on what ur tanking, me myself as Nin, i do think nin tanks better than pld i mean ive seen some nin's that cannot tank worth ***but most i've seen including myself dont need much curing at all. me myself atm i am nin71 w/ 256 eva(4/4 merit) 210 parrying (4/4merit) and in eva gear i have S.H+1, drone earringx2 bat cape, eva torwue, arhat's sune ate,(working on other eva peices:3) af legs for 10 eva @ night and danzo tekko hands for counter+2 but w/ all that and yonin i dont actually cast anything but Ni i mean when im not evading im parrying when im not parrying im losing shadows, and when those are down i'm either countering or reputting up Ni, only prob w/ nin is enmity i mean w/ yonin and some enmity gear i keep hate easily but it gets irritating when fighting somein like imps having to go so long w/o voke and if i'm silenced i cant use ninjutsu to regain hate. But not everyone has S.H+1 parry 210 thats just how tings are for me. I have a 75 Pld friend named Jashin and he could outtank me nin any day of week, even on his Sam, i just see Nin's only issueis how easily we lose hate.
 Unicorn.Yuffy
By Unicorn.Yuffy 2009-11-28 15:41:01  
Getting the job done is one thing, if you really want to be picky about a tank quality, you'll look HOW is the job done.

Depending on situation, PLD has a tool that make the shitty ones shine here and there for their luck but even then, it would be exagerating to say that PLD has a edge over NIN/DRK from start. One is dependant on luck when its not played well, the other is dependant on support quality.

Edit for above: needing cure means nothing. If the guy is tanking like a monthly tampon but still keeps hate over the second tank or the DDs, the said tampon isnt to blame. See what i mean?
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-11-28 15:42:04  
Gilgamesh.Lunatone said:
on the whole nin vs pld tank i'd say it depends on what ur tanking, me myself as Nin, i do think nin tanks better than pld i mean ive seen some nin's that cannot tank worth ***but most i've seen including myself dont need much curing at all. me myself atm i am nin71 w/ 256 eva(4/4 merit) 210 parrying (4/4merit) and in eva gear i have S.H 1, drone earringx2 bat cape, eva torwue, arhat's sune ate,(working on other eva peices:3) af legs for 10 eva @ night and danzo tekko hands for counter 2 but w/ all that and yonin i dont actually cast anything but Ni i mean when im not evading im parrying when im not parrying im losing shadows, and when those are down i'm either countering or reputting up Ni, only prob w/ nin is enmity i mean w/ yonin and some enmity gear i keep hate easily but it gets irritating when fighting somein like imps having to go so long w/o voke and if i'm silenced i cant use ninjutsu to regain hate. But not everyone has S.H 1 parry 210 thats just how tings are for me.
I can agree with this. Nicely put. People would be surprised how well a NIN can tank with high eva and parry and merits involved.
I can go a while without needing heals also and it is very convenient and i am mostly in a melee setup. My fourth division gear set also sports the high EVA which helps immensley.
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2009-11-28 15:43:05  
No matter which tank you have.

Your support = win.

the end.
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2009-11-28 15:47:34  
what i really dislike most is when people complain about making me tank some ***thats got high as heck acc and a like gabillion double att rate then complain that im not tankin right so i have to use fishkabobs and keep defender up for the plain fact that i just cant keep my shadows up on some mobs it sometimes is just to fricken hard and when yur whm doesnt "feel like" hasting u>.> best bet is defender+def food and try to Hojo Ni it and keep up shadows, ac like a pld w/o mp
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-11-28 15:47:48  
Odin.Lowblow said:
No matter which tank you have. Your support = win. the end.
agreed! nice way to put it.
The quarterback dont win the games by himself... check out his line, backs and recievers.
These are the responses you get from the unselfish players, well done.
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2009-11-28 15:50:11  
and @ yuffy yes i agree w/ your edit i was just stating tha a nin w/ nice eva gear and stat wont need much curing but in th end yur right if yur keepin hate off other DDs and healers and yur not dead yur tankin goood:D
 Unicorn.Yuffy
By Unicorn.Yuffy 2009-11-28 16:03:30  
I must admit, NIN when well played allows a few things extreme like this, i remember holding sandworm with a WHM while meleeing, dont think i could have done it as easily on PLD.

But in the end i found that a good tank just keeps hate and doesnt die which relies a lot on the playstyle of the person tanking and on the support quality. Can be NIN or PLD, if someone slacks the tanking takes a hit.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-11-28 16:04:39  
IMO:

Solo - Anything a NIN can solo a PLD can solo. PLD gets /RDM NIN gets /DNC, from there it's down to player skill. If a NINs shadows or eva fail, they'll die, ie: NIN can't solo Cahrybdis (I think at least).

PArty - NIN wins cause PLD can't keep up with DoT, won't have time to build atonement damage on mobs with a lifespan of 5 seconds. Anything that isn't instantly dead, they could parse relatively even if both geared for DD.

HNM - NIN has /DRK for building fast enmity and can offer great support to co tanks with Stuns etc. But PLD can be a stand alone tank, I wouldn't even risk having a NIN/DRK solo tank Khimaira etc. There's a hate cap, it's not a competition between who the mob is looking at more often, PLD just has a lot more recovery abilities than a NIN does.

Down to preference of what you wanna tank like or what you consider to be a tank. But I agree a tank is only as good as their support, but that goes two ways.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-11-28 16:19:52  
RDM is the best stand alone tank; Khim is a joke to solo tank on RDM. Using the Sandworm example above, a RDM could solo kite him for a long long time.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-11-28 16:22:14  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
RDM is the best stand alone tank; Khim is a joke to solo tank on RDM. Using the Sandworm example above, a RDM could solo kite him for a long long time.

true but I'd think RDM would have harder time recapping lost CE from phys attacks no?
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-28 16:23:37  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
NIN can't solo Cahrybdis (I think at least)

It's not easy. I wasn't able to, whereas it's substantially easier to solo on RDM.
[+]
 Asura.Aust
サーバ: Asura
user: Aust101
By Asura.Aust 2009-11-28 16:26:38  
Unicorn.Yuffy said:
Getting the job done is one thing, if you really want to be picky about a tank quality, you'll look HOW is the job done.

that is exactly my point. And as far as my view on the subject, PLD passes NIN because of the fact of atonment. Both can simply "get the job done" doing basic game play, but if both are advanced at there job (lots of gear swaps, quick with shadows, and understands how to ballance hp/mp ect ect.) PLD wins just on the fact of atonment. However I am still open to the idea of a NIN matching it, I just need to see some gear and some numbers first I guess.

Unicorn.Yuffy said:
One is dependant on luck when its not played well, the other is dependant on support quality.

tell me what you mean here please. I would say BOTH require support (buffs, cures, ect). As for luck? Not sure what you mean exactly, getting a shadows off in time before next attack round, or an evade/prarry? Please explaine a little better on that.

Just for the record, I never rely on evasion or prarrying skill, only shield skill. I do not have ninja level so perhaps it does make a big diffrenece like it does for thief, but it's too inconsistent for a PLD to rely on or even need.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13