users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Ebisu's fishing rod
Ebisu's fishing rod
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-14 01:30:13  
Since I can't find hardly any info on it(or at least info that contradicts itself) would like to compile know info on this amazing rod. From wiki it supposedly is only a unbreakable Lu shangs. So far this is what I've noticed.

Decently faster stamina depletion ( I can almost catch gugrusaurus without rings or ex bait)

Higher fishing fatigue (Having gone exactly to 200 fish everyday on a large number of different fish/rods I can attest that is indeed the normal limit however I've definitely gotten at least 210 since I got ebisu's on the few time's I've actually counted)

Doesn't actually seem to improve your catch rate on the fish that break lu shangs seems to more or less replace rod breaks with line breaks.

Also side note does anyone have any clue how to reduce line breaks other than just more skill? Right now I'm at like 66% on a certain fish on average though I have pulled in like 6 in a row before. And does holding monsters still work for stopping them from being fishable?
[+]
 Ramuh.Konoko
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-06-14 01:33:28  
By 66% do you mean on Gugrusauri? My numbers really fluctuate with them even with the rod... They rarely are constant, but then again, I don't usually fish them often. No idea about the other question
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-14 01:38:00  
Konoko said:
By 66% do you mean on Gugrusauri? My numbers really fluctuate with them even with the rod... They rarely are constant, but then again, I don't usually fish them often. No idea about the other question

Lol no I don't line break that much on gugru and even If I did I wouldn't be mad. No I'm talking about Matsya and yeah the numbers fluxaute so I take the average