Botulus Rex Setup For Pickups (no Displacers)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Botulus Rex setup for pickups (no displacers)
Botulus Rex setup for pickups (no displacers)
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-01-26 19:38:33  
Buffed good DDs will actually do a ton of damage to that guy these days. I think the "must rely on BLMs and COR etc" thinking is antiquated at this point.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-01-26 19:56:04  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
The mechanics behind putting together successful pickup groups have been tried and proven time and time again, and have been explained by multiple people time and time again.

I hope you can pardon people who don't want to explain it to you yet again.
I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where finding a dozen competent BLMs and holding off on procs was easier for pickups than buff, stun and WS.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-01-26 20:06:04  
Don't see how you could have missed it. It's pretty obvious. The difference between BLM dd and regular melee DD is the approximately the same as the difference between synthesis and synergy. Sure, a normal people can do either without a problem, but we're talking about pickups here.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Indigla
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2013-03-04 18:24:12  
Thanks for the input everyone. Just updating this thread with another slightly more BLM heavy setup I've been trying lately. Had varying success from smooth as silk to total train wreck disaster. Seems to vary most on the quality of player you get in terms of gear/skill with temps like with most things. Strategy is a little different than the PLD one with more focus on keeping Rex in one spot for the majority of the fight so he doesn't go and decimate other ranged attackers/backline support.

BLM Tank Party:
BLM BLM BLM SMN BRD WHM/SCH

BLM Proc Party:
BLM BLM BLM BLM SCH/BLM COR

Melee Party:
DRK WAR NIN BLU WHM/SCH COR

Strategy is standard for Rex in that you want everyone to keep Fanatic's up outside of chainspell time where you pop fool's.

The BLM tank party will focus only on doing Thundaja + other Thunder nukes for constant damage. Support in the BLM tank party will buff Scherzo/Earthen Ward/AOE Stoneskin prior to start then clear away from the BLM so they don't die, but close enough to do cures and stuff as normal. BLM tanks can pop Mana Wall too if they have it and are encouraged to spam Mana Mist when they get it, but not vital if the BLM are good with keeping Fanatic's up. With 3 hopefully well geared (Apamajas I x3 or more ideally) they should be keeping enough hate generating on Rex so even with his constant hate resets he won't stray much for the majority of the fight.

The BLM proc party just looks for procs when there's one up but does damage otherwise same as the tank party. You want your heaviest hitting BLMs in the tank party though. Make sure to assign all BLMs in this party spells so procs come as quickly as possible. The SCH can just try their best to stun as many TP moves as possible from Rex as well as Thunderstorm the BLMs.

Melee party is standard stuff, buff, pop fanatics, go in and fight. Prioritize procs is must though since most melee damage won't compare to what you're getting from the mages/CORs.

Only thing I forgot to mention from before is it's a good idea while it lasts to use SCH's embrava on the alliance to speed it all up which can get you through 2-3 Rex depending on the group, with extra chances to reset using the 2 CORs. Also light shouldn't be a big concern, everyone should full attack whenever Rex is proc'd with red !!, should be plenty for you to max light on him with a few procs.

As for positioning keep the BLM tanks near the wall close to pop so knockback doesn't affect them very much. A WAR or other DD can pop Rex > pop Fanatic's while BLM setup with their drinks themselves then go to work nuking and take over. Rex will focus most of his attention on the BLM tanks, but rest of alliance should take care to stay away from others with high hate generation like CORs or the other proc BLMs. In a perfect world you'll have 2 WF COR and 7 Apamajas BLM dealing out ~2-3k+ per attack and Rex should die within just a few mins. As for pickups though so long as your core tank group doesnt insta-die for not using temps/not being cured properly and is geared well along with the CORs you should be able to take out Rex in about ~4-5 mins.

Sorry if any of this was obvious/redundant, just trying to go into as much detail for anyone interested.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-03-05 19:00:08  
if anyone doing it please send a tell, I would really appreciate it.

Me, Warmenace and Abrahamo Still need 1

Thank you.
 Cerberus.Avn
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Avn68
By Cerberus.Avn 2013-03-14 11:16:49  
Bismarck.Indigla said: »
BLM Tank Party:
BLM BLM BLM SMN BRD WHM/SCH

BLM Proc Party:
BLM BLM BLM BLM SCH/BLM COR

Melee Party:
DRK WAR NIN BLU WHM/SCH COR

What's up, I know I'm pretty late on this but try this set up see if you like it. It's kind of the set up you have butyou don't see so many blm. This is how I PWN REX and you can ask anyone in Cerb who has done this with me. I did this ***and failed like 50 times until I got the correct set up and now have a great winning streak on this. Though I shout it time to time since people need the clears. This is the set up I Use. (PUG's can change sometime cause people don't want tot wait for a shout "PUG"

BLM BLM BLU COR BRD SMN;
BLM BLM SCH COR BRD SMN;
WHM BRD WAR DRK NIN COR;

Just have to save those ability procs or the easy procs to get to breeze on this NM.

You should divide BLM's in 2 places and have them feed hate of each other. Atmacites x3(15) is a must and MOT Thunder staff is needed "At least for 2blms, the other 2 can get away with chayo staff. SCH thunderstorm etc... COR WF etc.. NIN should bring a GKT and find proc as well. WAR should have all proc with DRK to assist make this go faster. BRD SMN combo do Perfect Defense to try and assist with BLM DMG.
The last bard is there really just for march march to try and make stuff go faster. You can replace him with a WF RNG as well.

I'm sure you know he does CS.. When he does CS have all pop FOOLs and have BLM FULL attack on it.. This should bring him down quick after the CS is over proc the abilty and start using those procs. This fight should not take you more then 5min..
This is my take on this. Give it a try. Don't waste your time with all these WHM's as the ones in my server are lazy anyways. 1WHM should be enough for any VW. the other one can be replaced by a SCH or a SMN on other type of set ups. hit me up if you have any other questions. I also have videos on Youtube.com that shows how smooth my runs are :) ttyl
By itchi508 2013-03-14 11:45:46  
Im a bit late to add as well but i will anyway:
I use to spam it alot and kill it in few mins but you really need legit blms to do so otherwise same set up that owns him could fail horribly depending on your pickups. which sux lol i just disband if that happens after 2attempts.
There is no sence in struggling and puting everyone threw hell. 2blms on proc rest are DD.
blms > thunder spells:
*(Thunder day is great benefit on this fight w/ Obi blms Thuderstorm + Wizards roll they will be putting up 4-6k+ nukes O.o very fun for the blms as well as very effective for a easy win)
WF cor are a must.
Fools @ 75% ish so blms need to be on stuns so melee can get off there fools
*(need and should have a macro for this temp and a macro in capital letters to spam when it pops off (/p CHAINSPELL FOOLS)
*When he CS all blms cor go all out.
*Proc the 5 if its available right after CS ends
*( use CS as a free zerg time for blm cors)
*don't proc the CS as he is no threat if fools is up, as this will allow you to full attack longer.
* The following goes for his upcoming CS.
*Below 30% needa really have stuns on point and proc.
*Be ready for charm > Fana up and run /kite, wile your cor blms Zerg and your 2 blms & melee seeking a proc to try & survive this. (no aoe as you will kill your own party)
(All melee jobs need to be hiting every proc, they cant ignore the proc 1's as they are your proc ***. they should not even bother tryn to acually put out dmg jus be on every proc and calling everything for your survival)
*(also quick tip have smn and sch spam dia for hints and be calling them constantly)
I use to build:

Blm
Blm
Blu
Smn
Rng
Nin

Whm
War
Mnk
Sam
Drk
Cor

Sch
Brd
Blm
Blm
Blm
Cor

You could do away with the drk & rng if you feeling lucky with a lil less proc most will be cover, wile giveing more dmg output to add extra blm or cor's. as long as blms are well geared and skill is in the 400s with atmas you should have no problem with this set up. As long as decent proc landing & keep those rolling stuns goin!
There is Other ways to do it, people bring pld etc but its same strat blm cor are your DDs. (Aegis pld or any pld at that wont keep hate he will only be the last to die if its a wipe and only being used for extra proc they are kind of a waist of space) reason i go w/o one.
Goodluck