users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » RNG XML Help
RNG XML Help
 Phoenix.Shiomi
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2013-01-28 20:28:05  

Having a hard time getting my spellcast to do what I want.

When I TP it switched to my snap shot, but some times it doesn't switch to my TP set after that and I end up shooting in stuff like Alruna's Gloves and Impulse Belt which I could do without.

Also when I activate sharpshot I have a "sharpshot set" that puts on a little more ranged attack set but when it wears off, it doesn't chance back to my normal TP set.

If anyone could help me with this, that'd be great.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2013-01-29 17:51:53  
Help. q.q
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [260 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Quixacotl
サーバ: Odin
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2013-10-16 19:46:39  
Necro I know but I've been having the same problem with my own snapshot set, which btw, reminded me why I retired Rng long ago.

Apparently the problem lies with some conflict between the in-game macro command for RA and spellcast. If you use the ability "Ranged Attack" from your game menu then sc will see that and trigger any applicable sc commands.

However if you use /shoot <t> or /range <t> then sc will not parse that event and therefore no sc commands can be triggered. Hence snapshot sets are useless unless you A. idle in them or B. Fire off arrows from your menu instead of a macro.

One possible work-around is to use a dummy spell like stun to trigger sc commands. It still won't fix this problem.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2013-10-16 21:05:45  
try this out:
Code
<if CommandPrefix="/ra*|/shoot">
            <equip when="precast" set="snapshot" />
            <midcastdelay delay="$%GroupDelay" />
            <equip when="midcast" set="$GearType" />
            <aftercastdelay delay="4" />
        </if>
 Siren.Lygre
サーバ: Siren
user: lygre
By Siren.Lygre 2013-10-16 21:10:01  
Don't use auto-translate for {/range}
You need to write it out manually
 Odin.Quixacotl
サーバ: Odin
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2013-10-17 23:51:56  
Siren.Lygre said: »
Don't use auto-translate for {/range}
You need to write it out manually
I just found this out by trial and error and was about to post this but Lygre you beat me to it. :)

As Lygre mentioned, Don't use the auto-trans of </range> or </shoot>. Instead type it out manually so that it says, "/shoot <t>" to trigger any sc rules and commands.

It's a tiny glitch I know but enough to cause me. and many others (from what I've read) so much consternation and headaches.

So keep that Impulse Belt. I'm hoping the devs will come up with a fix and that this answer will save many others from giving up on a IMO superb and versatile DD job.

So yay go me... pew pew pew!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
By sialeed 2013-11-17 16:42:53  
http://pastebin.com/eTByfSqe is where i posted mine but i dont like using vairbles so i need help with fixing the begining part which idk how to fix so need assistance with final tweeking
By sialeed 2013-11-17 16:43:44  
ah i forgot half this gear is used with cor so i need to fix that dont pay attention to my gear setting you should choose your own gear setting i forgotten to remove some gear
By fractalvoid 2013-11-17 16:47:04  
all the delays are the same for those variables and unlimited shot is pretty useless now, especially considering its a shared timer with double shot so you can probably just get rid of those variables if thats whats messing you up
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2013-11-17 16:53:20  
There is so much more than just variables... I can't begin to explain what is wrong with that.

I will begin here though.

STOP TAKING RANDOM XMLS AND JUST COPY/PASTING THINGS!

Learn a bit about spellcast and xml coding, then try starting from scratch. The last time I tried to help you, there was so many things just fundamentally wrong with it, that I don't even know if you got it working. This one looks like 3-4 different xmls that you found and just pasted them randomly into a single file. You have multiple <spellcast> tags, <rules> sections, <variables> that you don't know how to use... delete that file and start over.

Please, help yourself before you ask people to help you. check the legacy forums for spellcast info, or even the new windower wiki. Do your homework and learn a bit before asking again.

Sorry for the long rant, but my god what a mess this is!
[+]
By sialeed 2013-11-17 17:01:18  
i took my part of cor gear set and used it but i need to remove some gear items but everything else was me making i just cant figure how to fix the top part i said which would be this part that is listed below because i never made a full sc myself i pretty much took from my other jobs and when i saw rng 1 here thought it was good but it is a very bad 1 so i tried to make my own.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<spellcast xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
<config RequireVersion="2.40" debug="false" showgearswaps="true" quickcommands="true" showspellinfo="false" />
<variables clear="false">
<var <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<spellcast xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
<config RequireVersion="2.40" debug="false" showgearswaps="true" quickcommands="true" showspellinfo="false" />
<variables clear="false">
<var name="BowDelay">0.5</var>
<var name="GunDelay">0.5</var>
<var name="GAccDelay">0.5</var>
<var name="XBowDelay">0.5</var>
<var name="UnlimitedAmmo">Aeolus Arrow|Gun Ammo|Crossbow Bolt</var>
<var name="GearType">RStandard</var>
</variables>
<sets>
<!--=========================================================================
Gun Group - Default Set, will change after first Action
=============================================================================-->
By sialeed 2013-11-17 17:01:44  
if i can fix this part i should be fine i believe
By sialeed 2013-11-17 23:10:24  
http://pastebin.com/q5J8rDKT
i finally fixed alot with help from
http://wiki.windower.net/doku.php?id=plugins:spellcast#group
and
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37809/spellcast-for-dummies/
but i am still unable to finish this i am stuck on </spellcast> which means 1 rule or more is broken or not closed right which i am unable to see cause http://w3schools.com/xml/xml_validator.asp
doesnt tell me what is it just says </spellcast>
so was wondering if someone could take a look and let me know what i am missing or may have over looked please?
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2013-11-18 00:13:59  
Just a quick glance..

These tags are wrong.
Code
<group/>
<sets/>

It should be:
Code
</group>
</sets>

But it looks much better! Change those and see what it does.
By sialeed 2013-11-22 17:20:07  
i finally got it to say there is 0 problems with my code off xml validator but for some reason i am having trouble to use it in the game it wont work it says error line 1091 ending tag read wrong but i dont have any lines past 394 so idk how that is possible
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-11-22 20:02:40  
can you post you current version for us to see?
By sialeed 2013-11-22 20:55:45  
http://pastebin.com/ds5uuzTL
it doesnt work even though when http://w3schools.com/xml/xml_validator.asp
reads 0 errors
By sialeed 2013-11-22 20:59:29  
it reads in game 1091 error ending tag is wrong but the thing is thought i dont have line 1091 so some how the info is wrong and idk how to fix this
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-11-22 21:12:40  
sialeed said: »
it reads in game 1091 error ending tag is wrong but the thing is thought i dont have line 1091 so some how the info is wrong and idk how to fix this
It loads fine for me. How are you trying to load it?
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2013-11-22 21:23:33  
Is that when loading the xml? I just loaded it with no issues... Are you loading the one that you posted on pastebin? All I did was tab it a bit better for reading purposes, but it looks ok.
By sialeed 2013-11-22 21:44:00  
https://plus.google.com/100355054127231484122/posts/HRjQed3keJm

and yes i used the file that i posted in pastebin it was the same way i used is how i pasted it
By sialeed 2013-11-22 21:52:09  
i used //sc load Sialeed_RNG but it is a xml file saved as it is shown how i typed in pic to see how it worked maybe need to change it?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-11-22 23:30:31  
not sure. i copy/pasted the one you posted, and saved to my win4/plugins/spellcast folder, and typed //sc load Sialeed_RNG and it loaded fine
By sialeed 2013-11-22 23:36:05  
but you saw the picture i think it may be a crupt file maybe or something but it says line error isnt ended correctly on 1091 and it wont let me fix it and i dont have a line 1091 highest i have is 394
By sialeed 2013-11-22 23:37:11  
Desktop\windower\Windower4\scripts and this is where i saved the file so it should be working like the others i got
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-11-22 23:52:54  
ok, first. afaik, ALL spellcast XMLs have to be saved in the windower4\plugins\spellcast folder. that is the place that the plugin knows to search for and load files from. the scripts folder is for simple .txt files for specific actions, using the command /console exec filename.txt.

i saved the file into the win4\scripts folder and the plugin could not find it

it sounds like you have an old, and very long Sialeed_RNG xml file saved in the win4\plugins\spellcast folder that needs to be deleted, and your new one copied in to.
[+]
By sialeed 2013-11-23 00:23:13  
i found it you are correct i dont know why i had 2 different files but i really am thankfull you said that and now it works finally
By sialeed 2013-11-23 01:58:33  
only problem i got now is that the ws gear dont switch out now even though i have it set for it idk why it doesnt switch out mite you have same trouble?