フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » <Ranger> <Guide> <Where?>
<Ranger> <Guide> <Where?>
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-01 08:47:57  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
KC RNG is acceptable on most content with a decent build and proper buffs. Don't overlook that it's contingent on heavy buffs, you're not going to turn any heads without them.

Shooting RNG is never competitive in terms of pure damage.

RNG is useful in Legion, but only if you base your strategy around it. It's suitable for Odin2, resulting in more reliable and easier fights than other strategies, though it's neither the fastest strategy nor the lowest # required. They are a pretty poor choice for anything else.

(Prepare for the RNG fanbois to disagree violently then fail to provide any sort of mathematic proof, ignore the human reaction time factor associated with their attack speed, and then generally froth at the mouth)
Whether this guy is right or wrong, RNGs would benefit from having detailed information regarding these points.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-02-01 08:51:56  
You're welcome to take hours out of your day to post a comprehensive guide, since you seem so willing to volunteer everyone else for it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-01 08:57:57  
I would if I had the experience on the battlefield.
But then again, I have this bad habit of being humble and considering myself not good enough to teach anyone a lesson regarding in-game content, whether I am actually good or not.

I just enjoy people who have a huge ego and are unable to help the community despite being fountains of knowledge and even moreso, boasting about their knowledge.

Taking hours to brag instead of using these said hours to show what you are bragging for, ahem.

Your name is fitting for this situation.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-02-01 09:11:32  
Being on the community does not in any way obligate you to share all knowledge you have. Writing a guide is a heavy endeavor, especially if you keep it up to date through patches(which many people expect). I fail to see how me sharing some general information or Helel linking a thread with many useful sets for gun and commenting that gun is always the most practical choice is inappropriate. We shared some relevant information in a manner that wasn't particularly time-consuming.. which is still helping the OP with what they want to know, just not in the precise manner they'd asked for.
[+]
By Aeyela 2013-02-01 09:29:50  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I just enjoy people who have a huge ego and are unable to help the community despite being fountains of knowledge and even moreso, boasting about their knowledge.

Why don't you spend your time looking at that thread and reading pages of useful discussion instead of continuing to contribute nothing but petulance to this thread.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Santoro
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Fukinder
By Lakshmi.Santoro 2013-02-01 09:59:59  
Aeyela said: »
No.

We are asking a job guide, not a weapon guide.

Either you are a RNG and you cover the job as a whole or you are not answering the question at all, pick one.

This isn't a matter of what weapon to pick, this is a matter of explaining every possibilities the job offers. You can very well explain that gun destroys bow everywhere, everytime and so on, but if you want to be anything close to relevant, you'll have to cover bow due to it being a part of RNG.

Can wrap your head around this concept? Good.

To put a simple example so that simple minded people can understand:

Guy plays SAM, he upgrades Yoichi for ***and giggles. He hops on RNG, wishing to push the Yoichi further, with no particular love for RNG. Guy is a little lost, he seeks answers in order to maximize this side of RNG.

Guy comes to these forums, meet the 3 usual guys talking about RNG "GUN GUN GUN LOLOL GUN", guy is disappointed.

Best advices ever, keep it up guys.

Disappointed because he got the answer he didn't want to hear, not because he didn't get an accurate or truthful answer. It's not our fault that using gun is superior on Ranger in every situation. The only time you should be using a bow is when you need it for staggering something.

Don't shoot the messengers.

Now I might be inclined to share my experiences with Ranger and write a guide but knowing you'd be reading it, I'm not sure I want to. You have a very, ah, abrasive way of asking for favours from a general collective. You're almost trying to make us feel bad for having not written a guide! There's plenty of literature out there on Ranger and because all of them say use a gun you don't think they're good guides.

Take the hint. Gun's are better.

And if I did write a guide the section on bow would be one paragraph long saying "Keep a bow and some arrows in your satchel when it's needed for Abyssea blues and Voidwatch... But other than that don't use one."

Which you would probably whine about anyway. So why would I write you a guide? I won't win either way. =)

And you know, those '3 usual guys' are three of the best Rangers on these forums. If you want advice on Ranger they'd be three of the best people to start with. But you go ahead and put them down instead - see how quickly people jump to write you a guide.
You are being out of topic.

My post was a bait and both Helel and you did bite, it shows just how much of a narrowminded attitude you both have.

Let me use amore examples to make you look like an idiot some more:

Did anyone tell the guy who made the DRK thread that there was already a Resolution one with more than enough info?

Did anyone tell the guy who made the DNC guide that a simple Twashstar guide was enough and the rest was uneeded information?

Gun are better, it's a fact, it doesn't change the fact that people want to know about bows and wait, there is more (I'm going to blow your mind here), people might want to know about the overall gear they should aim at for other things that aren't weapon related (MDT, PDT, DT, whatever).

Anyway, I have been toying with you guys enough. You cannot counter my point, your jimmies are rustled to some very high level (so high that you have to check my page), my goal has been reached.

"Good players" don't make good community members, you guys proved it within 2 posts, congrats.

TL;DR:

Forget bow, forget gun. People want to hear about general RNG information and strategies. Can you wrap your head around that simple thing or do we have to keep posting for 2 pages? I'm very bad at playing the teacher role so please be a good student and understand the point of the thread.

LOL!!!

Ok guys, lets make a guide on how to use the search functions on this site for job specific mdt/pdt/dt gear!

I can't tell if you post about how you beat the world was serious or if I'm being trolled, either way do us a favour and stop "contributing".
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-01 11:32:40  
Aeyela said: »

Why don't you spend your time looking at that thread and reading pages of useful discussion instead of continuing to contribute nothing but petulance to this thread.
Thank people for making useful job guides, tell other people to get the *** out when they ask a job guide.

I don't even know how you guys can look at your post before pressing "Submit" and think "ya, I'm making sense here".

Petulance, coming from one of the "Gun or gtfo RNG" guy, you really have an intellect rivaled only by garden tools.

Can't argue with stupid so I'll keep it at that with you.
[+]
VIP
By alyria 2013-02-01 11:34:09  
Stop the bickering.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Oronyx
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Oronyx
By Ragnarok.Oronyx 2013-03-15 02:08:20  
I would also love to see a comprehensive guide for RNGs like Proth's for blues
 Lakshmi.Feint
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-03-21 13:20:48  
Using the search feature I found this pointless thread XD.
[+]