日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Fishing FPS drop
Fishing FPS drop
 Bahamut.Striker
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Striker 2013-02-19 18:14:16  
Noticed my FPS drops from a steady 29.4 to a cap of 14.9 when fishing. Is this something SE implemented in recent years? It's quite annoying as the ffxi fps cap is already low to begin with.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-02-19 18:17:44  
Yah it was done back here...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/25012-dev1126-Fishing-Adjustments

...it's alarming to me when the frame rate drops so low, but some people find it more responsive.
 Asura.Rucks
サーバ: Asura
user: Seravolk
By Asura.Rucks 2013-02-19 18:21:51  
Barance.
 Bahamut.Striker
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2013-02-19 18:22:20  
That's really frustrating
 Fenrir.Mariane
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-02-19 18:57:54  
Bahamut.Striker said: »
That's really frustrating

What's really frustrating is them having to resort to band-aid fixes because they don't want to fix the issue properly.
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-02-19 19:15:01  
The only way to fix the issue properly is to get rid of ps2. Even so they'd have to restructure code, and at this point in the life-cycle the cost probably isn't worth it.

Bandages it is.
 Fenrir.Mariane
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-02-19 19:21:43  
Cerberus.Eugene said: »
The only way to fix the issue properly is to get rid of ps2. Even so they'd have to restructure code, and at this point in the life-cycle the cost probably isn't worth it.

Bandages it is.

Actually no. The PC isn't a PS2 and they could change the code that handle the animations or anything else they wanted to. They did not just to keep the same source on both sides.

The only reason for what you say is that they don't want to branch the code so they have to work twice to update the game engine. Either way it's still a band-aid fix. Motivation: laziness.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-02-19 19:49:48  
Fenrir.Mariane said: »

Bandages it is.

Actually no. The PC isn't a PS2 and they could change the code that handle the animations or anything else they wanted to. They did not just to keep the same source on both sides.

The only reason for what you say is that they don't want to branch the code so they have to work twice to update the game engine. Either way it's still a band-aid fix. Motivation: laziness.

except the pc only emulates the ps2 version.
 Carbuncle.Woodenfish
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Volstadt
By Carbuncle.Woodenfish 2013-02-19 20:38:58  

Bandages it is.

It's a Japanese game from a Japanese company, a lot of Japanese players still play on PS2 for whatever reason. I think we all know that SE panders to their Japanese customer base, it won't change.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2013-02-19 22:07:00  
I've played on PC's since I started playing FFXI 7 years ago.

And to me, the frame rate limit that they brought in whilst you are actually fishing, though being much better than it was trying to fish at 29.4 on an uber PC made by Jesus himself, is still too high to be honest.

In the days before the band aid whatever.. fix, I used to log my main account in on an old rickety machine that I could cripple down to maybe 10-12 fps if I messed about turning shadows, weather, other stuff, on and off. Hell at a push I could bring my other accounts character out as whatever/SMN and keep myself looking at her avatar whilst fishing. To custom cripple the frame rate to a point that it hit the 'sweet spot' for fishing. (Qufim being a good example. Where there isn't much scenery showing to slow the frame rate down naturally)

My own preference was lower than the implemented 14.9 that SE has gone with. Maybe 13-14. I can't remember totally. But lower anyway.