フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Help » "Are you still there?" prompt
"Are you still there?" prompt
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-02-20 18:15:09  
Ok, this has been bugging me forever. How do I get that "Are you still there?" prompt that shows up on the PMs page pretty much every time I change tabs to just go away and never bother me again?

It's not like the answer does anything (yes or no, it just drops me back into the thread), and it can stay there for days without an answer and nothing happens either. It's just a constant pestering annoyance.
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-02-20 18:23:03  
Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Ok, this has been bugging me forever. How do I get that "Are you still there?" prompt that shows up on the PMs page pretty much every time I change tabs to just go away and never bother me again?

It's not like the answer does anything (yes or no, it just drops me back into the thread), and it can stay there for days without an answer and nothing happens either. It's just a constant pestering annoyance.
Stop afk'ing or spending extended periods of time tabbed out while on the PM page.

Only way to counter the Portal Turrets.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2013-02-27 12:52:39  
I designed it a long time ago and the Mbox page polls the server for changes. If you leave the window open it could potentially keep polling non-stop. If their is inactivity for some amount of time, it will stop polling and display the dialog. Clicking Yes should re-enable the polling. Similar to how Pandora will ask if you are still there. It's probably not the best way to do it but that's how it is ATM! :)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Headstrong
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Headstrong 2013-02-27 13:26:56  
But i enjoy clicking the no button! >:
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-02-27 13:28:30  
I just like it because it seems creepy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-02-27 14:14:50  
Fenrir.Scragg said: »
I designed it a long time ago and the Mbox page polls the server for changes. If you leave the window open it could potentially keep polling non-stop. If their is inactivity for some amount of time, it will stop polling and display the dialog. Clicking Yes should re-enable the polling. Similar to how Pandora will ask if you are still there. It's probably not the best way to do it but that's how it is ATM! :)

Rather than pop up a confirmation box, how about just have an embedded box with a status on it. When you first go in to your message box, it would say "Connected" or "active" or something and be colored green indicating that any PMs or updates would be displayed. And when it finally times out due to inactivity, it would turn red say "Disconnected Click to refresh"

That way it wouldn't pop up and annoy anyone who happens to keep it open for long periods of time but it would also ensure people know what's going on.