Ballist★r Brawl: 500k Per Winner?! :D Yay!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Ballist★r Brawl: 500k per winner?! :D Yay!
Ballist★r Brawl: 500k per winner?! :D Yay!
 Fenrir.Ayerro
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ayerro
By Fenrir.Ayerro 2013-03-04 09:59:53  

Wasabee
BLU THF NIN

Fenrir.Ayerro
By Fenrir.Ayerro 2013-03-05 00:35:19  
&for whoever wants to join and can;t find a team, I keep this thread updated as often as possible (as many times a day as I can), so please do check back often on who needs a team!

Once a team is formed, we can start organizing a day for the match.
 Bismarck.Minibuddha
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Minibuddha 2013-03-05 10:19:26  
Do not forget me :)

You missed my DRG in action on Saturday Evening. Sunday i had a last minute thing so I missed out on the events I feel bad :(
 Fenrir.Ayerro
By Fenrir.Ayerro 2013-03-05 10:21:16  
Bismarck.Minibuddha said: »
Do not forget me :)

You missed my DRG in action on Saturday Evening. Sunday i had a last minute thing so I missed out on the events I feel bad :(

Oh! :< So sorry, I was too excited about the event, that I forgot to reply to your last comment here. D: I'll be looking forward to playing with you! c: Even though soshort. I hope I don't accidentally kick you or step on your tiny taru feet. .w.

*edit: Taru DRG, omg please don't stab me with your butter knife, oh nooo~ooo~o. .__.
 Bismarck.Minibuddha
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Minibuddha 2013-03-05 11:09:19  
Haha no i will let you ride my tiny Wyvern and pet him. I usually stab people who are mean and harm me. You know everyone else XD haha. I am short but I am tall also <3

Everyone steps on me but i laugh about it later c:
 Fenrir.Ayerro
By Fenrir.Ayerro 2013-03-05 20:34:55  
Bismarck.Minibuddha said: »
Haha no i will let you ride my tiny Wyvern and pet him. I usually stab people who are mean and harm me. You know everyone else XD haha. I am short but I am tall also <3

Everyone steps on me but i laugh about it later c:

I do that too, irl. .w.

Not the wyvern-petting, the shortness things. lolol
 Fenrir.Ayerro
By Fenrir.Ayerro 2013-03-05 21:27:37  

Caladbolg
Preferred: BLU

RDM SAM RNG, maybe BLM
 Fenrir.Ayerro
By Fenrir.Ayerro 2013-03-05 22:06:04  
TEAM 1

Yinnyth
Laracool
Zinsho
Wasabee

Please get in touch with each other and arrange jobs + whatever else needs to be taken care of. We'll set up a day for the match soon. Most likely Friday, Saturday, or Sunday at night.
 Fenrir.Ayerro
By Fenrir.Ayerro 2013-03-07 07:52:22  

Gninja
DRK BLU

Carbuncle.Evviva
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Evviva 2013-03-07 22:57:01  
(`ー´)ヘヘーン

Greatly anticipating this event!.. even though I'm keeping the bench warm ; ;

[+]
 Fenrir.Ayerro
By Fenrir.Ayerro 2013-03-08 01:59:55  

Ishio

Fenrir.Ayerro
By Fenrir.Ayerro 2013-03-08 03:08:35  
LIVE STREAM!

3v3: Match 1
[+]
 Carbuncle.Evviva
By Carbuncle.Evviva 2013-03-08 08:30:43  
Fenrir.Ayerro said: »
LIVE STREAM!

3v3: Match 1

It begins :D
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-03-08 08:32:48  
Leoheart has earned the title Dreyruk Predominator.

This looks familiar! >.>
 Fenrir.Ayerro
By Fenrir.Ayerro 2013-03-08 10:59:14  
March 8, FRIDAY
@6:30 PM PST.

(which is 8:30 PM CST and 9:30 PM EST)

Will be streamed!

Even if you're not set on a team, feel free to come by and we can just set it up beforehand. <3
 Fenrir.Ayerro
By Fenrir.Ayerro 2013-03-08 20:50:47  
LIVE STREAM!

Day 2

Two challenging teams, two LS teams.
 Carbuncle.Evviva
By Carbuncle.Evviva 2013-03-08 21:07:00  
Fenrir.Ayerro said: »
LIVE STREAM!

Day 2

Two challenging teams, two LS teams.

How I shot Guillotine ; ;
By malea 2013-03-08 21:33:01  
Well no way would I pay to transfer for Hako, when UNCAP O.M. here on Lakshmi are 12vs12 standard... But I do wish we had more people involved with Hako for the day's I work and can't attend official matches.

Another thing is.. I met Evviva when I first started back in the end of Aug 2012. It wasn't long after I started on Lakshmi (FOR PVP ONLY) that he transfered to Carby, and is now on Fenrir. (Since end of Aug last year >_>) I'm glad you guys are here to kind of spread the word that PvP is still happening on FFXi BUT you are guys are making is so theres limited amount of ballista players on each server. You guys post the videos and encourage people to transfer to another server for "good" ballista and than you change servers. I watched Carby go from 20vs20 60 cap OM like 2- 3 weeks ago & now they are lucky if 8vs8 (most C/A) ;_; Even some of our Ballista players left lakshmi for the bigger 60 cap matches and are now regretting making that choice. Just want you to be aware that although you may be spiking others interest in PvP, you constantly changing servers is only spreading those people interested in PVP out amongst the servers.

&&& I don't think you should consider these matches for 500k Fair when you're playing against people who don't even have level 75 for merits or 60 cap gear .. just sayin' :) ...but it's very cool you guys are paying !! If I could transfer for a day I'd bring Malea over for you all to meet! She's a pretty big deal! :P

xoxo
Goodluck!
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2013-03-08 22:28:27  
If anyone cares: streaming a 14 on 14 official 60cap jugner right now:
http://www.twitch.tv/SpaceCadetGlow7

edit: all done :P

edit again: the recording (with plenty of fails and terrible music):
http://www.twitch.tv/spacecadetglow7/b/375465557#
[+]
 Carbuncle.Evviva
By Carbuncle.Evviva 2013-03-09 00:12:20  
malea said: »
Well no way would I pay to transfer for Hako, when UNCAP O.M. here on Lakshmi are 12vs12 standard... But I do wish we had more people involved with Hako for the day's I work and can't attend official matches.

Another thing is.. I met Evviva when I first started back in the end of Aug 2012. It wasn't long after I started on Lakshmi (FOR PVP ONLY) that he transfered to Carby, and is now on Fenrir. (Since end of Aug last year >_>) I'm glad you guys are here to kind of spread the word that PvP is still happening on FFXi BUT you are guys are making is so theres limited amount of ballista players on each server. You guys post the videos and encourage people to transfer to another server for "good" ballista and than you change servers. I watched Carby go from 20vs20 60 cap OM like 2- 3 weeks ago & now they are lucky if 8vs8 (most C/A) ;_; Even some of our Ballista players left lakshmi for the bigger 60 cap matches and are now regretting making that choice. Just want you to be aware that although you may be spiking others interest in PvP, you constantly changing servers is only spreading those people interested in PVP out amongst the servers.

&&& I don't think you should consider these matches for 500k Fair when you're playing against people who don't even have level 75 for merits or 60 cap gear .. just sayin' :) ...but it's very cool you guys are paying !! If I could transfer for a day I'd bring Malea over for you all to meet! She's a pretty big deal! :P

xoxo
Goodluck!

Hi Malea.

It's a shame we need to have these twisted stories follow us around don't you think?

Since you've specifically included me in your post, I feel the need to address. It seems to me that your opinion was concluded without considering all the factors involved.

* I play the game for level 60 cap Ballista only as I enjoy both the more relaxed official matches and the competitive level of Diorama play(Hako).
* Uncap Ballista does not interest me, however; I have participated in a few matches in my time.
* 60 cap Ballista died on Lakshmi, because several of the regular players, both NA and JP stopped playing or moved to Carbuncle; I was the last of my friends to move in hopes of salvaging the gameplay and the mass exodus.

Little did most people know, I actually quit the game while I was still on Carbuncle. However, the more I saw Ayerro's Ballista enthusiasm on threads, posts, and her Blog and LS website, I couldn't ignore her efforts of building a stronger Ballista community. After all, that's what Vyii and I always wanted, and to see someone else with a similar passion brought my own passion back to the game. Because of her, I decided to come back to try this game one more time, giving her all the support that I can.

(`ー´)ヘヘーン

Regardless, Malea, let's keep this thread on topic. Ayerro is doing her best to promote Ballista, much like I was doing before. I think her efforts are amazing and even heroic, and I don't think that her genuine passion for Ballista should be demoralized by anyone. If people are interested in doing what she's doing but for uncap, then by all means, go for it.

Because of her hard work, I can earnestly say that she's a big deal on Fenrir, but apparently, you're a big deal on Lakshmi, too. The things you learn.(*・_・)ノ⌒*
By Areayea 2013-03-09 00:15:30  
you should invite urteil in X.X
By malea 2013-03-09 01:13:54  
I'm glad you addressed it because you were the only one I mentioned...& yet for some reason you seem to think I was talking about Ayerro. Acting as if I personally attacked this person that I don't even know >_< Shall I Quote you: "It's a shame we have these twisted stories"

...Like I mentioned before i'm glad someone is out there making it known PvP still exist.

Let me break down what I just posted:
  • I was just making it known that uncap does happen.. (which multiple people replied to this post in regards to )

• & even if I did mentioned your preference for uncap/60 OR your brief break from FFXi.. That doesn't change the fact that your Videos and promotion for Ballista on multiple servers has divided the ballista community drastically. & you know it. (Yet again this had NOTHING to do with Ayerro, just to clear that one up)

• I don't just want Uncap, I want 60 cap and so do other players on Lakshmi. I also know there are players on Carby that want both. Not everyone can transfer, but if our ballista community was combined i'm sure running both caps would spike more PvE or old PvP player's interest.

All i'm saying Evviva is no matter if you like it or not you have a huge influence on the remaining ballista community ... but not everyone can keep up with whats going on.. all they have is the Videos and these posts. Sadly though by the time they make the move ballista is slowly trying to find you :P & Who knows, maybe Ayerro's promotion and enthusiasm for ballista will help bring the community back together. Which would be awesome, and I hope it does!

Best of luck to both of you in your efforts.
 Fenrir.Ayerro
By Fenrir.Ayerro 2013-03-09 04:32:58  
Omg~ :< You totally were referring to me too, with the "you guys." ;^; Besides, what I'm trying to do is basically what Evviva is trying to do as well. So even if you didn't meant to pinpoint me specifically, it's very much implied since we have the same ideas for promoting ballista - no hard feelings of course. I don't feel any weight on these posts, not to worry!

Unfortunately, ballista players who cannot keep up with server changes will inevitably be split up if an entire linkshell decides to move if they're not willing to server transfer or make a $1 mule. I don't plan on ever moving, just because I've always been on Fenrir; I only started this shell because I didn't want to server transfer for ballista. That being said, just because we're stationed in Fenrir, doesn't mean that cross-server participation is inconceivable. One of our biggest problems we had with resurrecting ballista was the scarcity of interested players, so it might hard to achieve a "ballista base" on every server, like it initially was on Fenrir. For those who aren't on Fenrir and do not wish to transfer though, there's another option: making a mule on Fenrir. I, and many of BallistaSession's members, would be more than willing to help help level, fund gear, etc. That way, instead of having to attend rare 3v3s on a server that isn't being promoted, it'd be a better choice to just log onto Fenrir and be part of the big ballista community that way.

Making a mule here isn't all that time consuming either (thanks to 60cap). It'd be much different than making a mule here for uncapped and ditching your cool relics and stuff just because you can't server transfer. You get what I mean. c:

It's also pointless for Evv to make a mule on Fenrir if he wanted to play here predominantly, and leave his main on Carby/Lakshmi if he were willing to pay for a transfer. Ultimately the same idea if he left Evv on Carbuncle and just made a mule on Fenrir.

============================

Evv does have a huge influence in the ballista community, but just because he changes servers doesn't mean that again, there's an impervious barrier, restricting players in the shadows, to only watch videos and keep track of our progress.

============================

About the 500k matches <--

The 500k matches aren't intended to be fair. I say that because in a challenger's standpoint, I would go in with the intention to dominate the other team (our linkshell's team) in order to win the gil. For example, it would be silly for a challenging team to mirror our jobs; the actual job capabilities are balanced, yes, but the challenging team has to be aware of each player's skill levels. If a specific job combination fails, challenging teams are more than welcome to try as many times as they'd like, win or lose.

Also, I have to disagree. Not all of our players are ballista vets. We've gotten a really big intake of newer players - some who've just gotten back to FFXI/received their ballista license. Many of them don't have the gear or merits as well - while I have the gear, but it's umlolsogimp, and merits, but the wrong ones. That would be how of our new members are situated, but they're still optimistic and very diligent to improve (which is what we're trying to go for besides sparking interest - effort and practice to take a force down). We're not playing against naked chinchillas - most people are geared and have merits, but maybe not the correct ones. Luckily, 60 cap isn't too equipment based, which is what I like about it.

&actually, most of our new players are endgamers and I haven't met any person who didn't have a level 75 job. .__.;

Anyway, thank you for the encouragement. Fenrir is very stable and doing well and I don't expect a downfall anytime soon. <3 c:
 Fenrir.Ayerro
By Fenrir.Ayerro 2013-03-09 04:44:11  
Areayea said: »
you should invite urteil in X.X

By the looks of his "+1" on the OP, I'd say he's already been here!

I think he prefers uncapped though. x3
 Fenrir.Ayerro
By Fenrir.Ayerro 2013-03-09 07:18:14  
OP updated to include past and upcoming matches.
 Carbuncle.Evviva
By Carbuncle.Evviva 2013-03-09 11:56:58  
malea said: »
I'm glad you addressed it because you were the only one I mentioned...& yet for some reason you seem to think I was talking about Ayerro. Acting as if I personally attacked this person that I don't even know >_< Shall I Quote you: "It's a shame we have these twisted stories"

...Like I mentioned before i'm glad someone is out there making it known PvP still exist.

Let me break down what I just posted:
  • I was just making it known that uncap does happen.. (which multiple people replied to this post in regards to )

• & even if I did mentioned your preference for uncap/60 OR your brief break from FFXi.. That doesn't change the fact that your Videos and promotion for Ballista on multiple servers has divided the ballista community drastically. & you know it. (Yet again this had NOTHING to do with Ayerro, just to clear that one up)

• I don't just want Uncap, I want 60 cap and so do other players on Lakshmi. I also know there are players on Carby that want both. Not everyone can transfer, but if our ballista community was combined i'm sure running both caps would spike more PvE or old PvP player's interest.

All i'm saying Evviva is no matter if you like it or not you have a huge influence on the remaining ballista community ... but not everyone can keep up with whats going on.. all they have is the Videos and these posts. Sadly though by the time they make the move ballista is slowly trying to find you :P & Who knows, maybe Ayerro's promotion and enthusiasm for ballista will help bring the community back together. Which would be awesome, and I hope it does!

Best of luck to both of you in your efforts.

I will expand a little bit on Ayerro's post.

You seem to be forgetting my attempts at promoting Ballista on the test server; not to mention the constant updates to the status of Ballista on multiple servers via numerous sources.

My friend list is full of Ballista players; majority scattered around different servers. I frequently exchanged information, thus, if a server transfer was indeed imminent there would be no uninformed parties. If you are implying I/We would leave a server on a whim, you are wrong. Moving servers was always the last resort and it was heavily communicated prior to the event. Additionally, I created as per Ayerro "$1 mules", almost everywhere, 4 of which are fully equipped and merited for Ballista.

I realize my influence in the Ballista community, and as you can see, I did/do my best to keep inquiring parties in the know.

Keeping up, as you call it, is a simple matter of communication.

P.S. 20v20 on Carbuncle(neo-gilgamesh)has been ongoing for well over a year Selt888. As was the case for Siren -and- Lakshmi. Both incredibly large Ballista servers, unnoticed, regardless of the efforts until their conclusive days.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2013-03-09 12:17:33  
Incidentally, what would you experienced team ballista people say are the most dangerous/game-altering PvP jobs in a team environment?

1v1 has been explored a decent amount because it's easier to set up than full team ballista, but I'd be interested in hearing where you think things lie in a larger scale arena.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Evviva
By Carbuncle.Evviva 2013-03-09 13:02:42  
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
Incidentally, what would you experienced team ballista people say are the most dangerous/game-altering PvP jobs in a team environment?

1v1 has been explored a decent amount because it's easier to set up than full team ballista, but I'd be interested in hearing where you think things lie in a larger scale arena.

Great question :D

This was always a hot topic for discussion!

In level 60 cap Diorama play(Hako) we only use select jobs and support jobs. That said; based on the difficulty hierarchy, hyper capability, skill of the player, disposable tools for interrupting quarry and of course, luck with quarrying specific items and Petra, it's difficult to choose one job that stands above the rest in this environment. Job responsibility is weighed almost equally, but to strictly break it down you would need to dissect each job's strengths and weaknesses.

For example; samurai and ranger have the highest offensive capabilities of the jobs listed... nevertheless easily stifled by a focused team.

My personal candidate for the job most qualified to be game altering in Hako is RDM. Skill differences are most evident when playing Mage jobs, but, RDM takes the cake.

In an official match environment, buff jobs and mages have the highest impact without a doubt. It's difficult to pinpoint which job specifically. Sam/rng for example is a popular choice, but it's mainstream responsibility is offensive; it falls behind in defensive capabilities, quarry interrupt and rook guard options, coincidentally not making it as strong as perceived.

Anyway to conclude, Mage jobs > hybrids > dd for official matches. Hako is a toss up due to the controlled environment, but RDM has the highest potential. The most dangerous job under the right circumstances is ranger; EES + Sidewinder/Slug shot is no joke!

This isn't to say a team of 5 mages is going to be the ultimate team combination, there is always enfeebling resistance to consider!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2013-03-09 13:24:05  
I was going to guess the same - in PvP, versatility is obviously king. You have to adapt to a far larger range of changes which can occur compared to PvE and the more options you have to do so, the better. DPS jobs in FFXI tend to have severely limited crowd control options too, which only makes the gap wider.

Changing target as a melee is also quite slow and problematic while mages can do so with impunity, so I thought that would feed into larger matches too.

Thanks for the answer! From the outset, I was expecting RDM, WHM, BLM or SCH to be the named. BLU maybe but I don't know how effective their aoe status debuffs would be in large ballista, though it has sweet burst (if a bit dependent on MP).
[+]
 Carbuncle.Evviva
By Carbuncle.Evviva 2013-03-09 13:30:04  
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
I was going to guess the same - in PvP, versatility is obviously king. You have to adapt to a far larger range of changes which can occur compared to PvE and the more options you have to do so, the better. DPS jobs in FFXI tend to have severely limited crowd control options too, which only makes the gap wider.

Changing target as a melee is also quite slow and problematic while mages can do so with impunity, so I thought that would feed into larger matches too.

Thanks for the answer! From the outset, I was expecting RDM, WHM, BLM or SCH to be the named. BLU maybe but I don't know how effective their aoe status debuffs would be in large ballista, though it has sweet burst (if a bit dependent on MP).

My pleasure!

Your understanding of the PvP universe is extremely impressive!

Blu in 60 cap doesn't pose as much as a threat as the almighty uncap Blu.. but due to it's hybrid nature it does pose an interesting threat!
[+]