Locking Lower Tier Abyssite?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Locking lower tier abyssite?
Locking lower tier abyssite?
 Sylph.Subadai
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2013-03-06 22:09:20  
The other day I was farming Gamayun for some MNK seals when my abyssite upgraded on me. There were some people doing the tier 3 VNM so I traded a T3 pop for one of their T2s. They were talking about locking the T2 abyssite by starting over after you upgrade to T3. The theory being you can't upgrade to T3 on your second abyssite if you already have one. I tried this later but it didn't work, when resting I only got the T3 messages. Is there a way to lock your abyssite to T1 or T2, and if so, how. I would love to know how to do this for future VNM farming.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-06 22:18:04  
The theory is correct, you can prevent the abyssite from changing by keeping the next tier version. You'll only get a read on the existence of the highest tier version you have, but if you read the hint, you can still track the lower tiers as well. From ffxicyclopedia:

Quote:
If the Abyssite is resonating "feebly," it is a Tier I. If it resonates "softly," it is a Tier II. If it resonates "solidly," it is a Tier III. If it is resonating "strongly," it is Tier IV.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2013-03-06 22:22:24  
If it's only reading the tier 3, then that means that the tier 3 and the tier 2 are close enough position wise that their ranges are overlapping. When they're close like that, it'll always read the highest one, but you'd still be able to pop the tier 2 if you rested on its location. If the tier 3 were defeated or you moved to a location that was still within the tier 2's range but outside of the tier 3's, you'd get messages for the tier 2.
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-03-06 22:54:58  
I came in to add my input, although those guys already said pretty much everything. The only thing I'd like to add is that although you can lock your abyssite to stop it from popping, it is harder to locate the T2. Not an issue if you have free reign on your VNM but with competition (abyssea t2 for instance) it can be a hassle. Hell, with Gamayun, I'd recommend NOT locking with a T3 and just sell the pop. Extra gil on the side is always a nice thing. Can usually get 500k per pop.
[+]
 Sylph.Subadai
サーバ: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2013-03-07 00:57:41  
Good info all around, thanks all
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2013-03-07 01:48:03  
i thought the case was that if they were both in range you would read the closer one, not the higher tiered one.
 Carbuncle.Chibiclone
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Chibiclone 2013-03-07 02:18:38  
Ramuh.Lorzy said: »
i thought the case was that if they were both in range you would read the closer one, not the higher tiered one.

AFAIK you're right, but it will always be your highest Tier abyssite that reads it, just have to pay attention to how it's reading. It's not too bad having both T2 and T3, but when you throw a T1 into the mix there are so many T1s around that you can easily get annoyed reading nothing but T1s. (I'm speaking from non-abyssea abyssite experience, never locked an abyssea one)