For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 118 119 120 ... 262 263 264
 Lakshmi.Lenus
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-09-24 19:57:11  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Moving back to the general arguments, I am trying to update my Goal sets to establish which items to go for.

Concerning the top WS set, I believe this would be our best setup for stacked WS

ItemSet 338243

Not sure whether Lustratio's set bonus would make +1 body better than Rawhide path D.. any thoughts?

Also regarding this set, I'd use lustracio cap+1, caro necklace and wanion for Sneak Attack Rudra's, but this set seems good for Trick Attack at least.
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-09-24 20:07:10  
Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Moving back to the general arguments, I am trying to update my Goal sets to establish which items to go for.

Concerning the top WS set, I believe this would be our best setup for stacked WS

ItemSet 338243

Not sure whether Lustratio's set bonus would make +1 body better than Rawhide path D.. any thoughts?

Also regarding this set, I'd use lustracio cap+1, caro necklace and wanion for Sneak Attack Rudra's, but this set seems good for Trick Attack at least.

Agreed on the necklace, but Adhemar path B beats lustratio if my calculations are correct. Of course this seems to be because of the attack bonus.

I may of missed something, hope not, but this will probably be the ideal stacked set now, even stuff like wanion belt with -agi seems to win in TA also.

ItemSet 338254

Adhemar path B

Lustratio Mittens path D or path B if you want to mix and match it with evis for a little loss on stacked.

Lustratio Subligar Path B, though Path D with that 30 extra attack instead seems to BARELY beat it.

Lustratio Leggings path D
 Lakshmi.Lenus
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-09-24 20:28:01  
Interesting. I'd have to invest into adhemar bonnet also then @@
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-09-24 20:30:40  
Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Interesting. I'd have to invest into adhemar bonnet also then @@

I also didn't account for the 30 attack of path D on subligar in it actually barely beats path B on stacked, but I would still prefer path B for evisceration and the very rare chance I would ever be attack capped.

And when I mean barely, I mean you could do path D and never actually see a larger number because of RNG. lol.
 Bahamut.Enkidou
サーバ: Bahamut
user: jamisont
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2015-09-25 05:58:56  
Does anyone by chance have a somewhat updated Gearswap lua they would be kind enough to share?
 Bismarck.Johnb
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-09-26 14:43:00  
Is Shijo for offhand with TA+3% augment any good? Is it better than Jugo Kukri?
 Bahamut.Enkidou
サーバ: Bahamut
user: jamisont
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2015-09-28 13:04:38  
Bahamut.Enkidou said: »
Does anyone by chance have a somewhat updated Gearswap lua they would be kind enough to share?

BUMP!
 Cerberus.Warviper
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-09-30 08:14:59  
For stacked SATA Rudras Storm what would be best?
30 DEX or +5 Critical hit damage?
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-09-30 09:48:57  
Cerberus.Warviper said: »

30 Dex.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-09-30 09:54:22  

You should never stack SATA these days, as you are sacrificing a second Crit WS you could be tossing in a fight, but can you clarify from which slots you'd be getting either DEX or Crit Hit rate?
 Cerberus.Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-09-30 12:44:01  
Im

You should never stack SATA these days, as you are sacrificing a second Crit WS you could be tossing in a fight, but can you clarify from which slots you'd be getting either DEX or Crit Hit rate?

This is my SATA gear.

Im just trying to get the biggest number possible behind my PLD so thats why i stack SATA.
- During normal fights I would of cause split SA and TA :)

Taeon feet has MAX aug stats with WSD.

Not sure if i can make any changes that would make the SATA Rudras Storm number go even higher.

I was thinking of maybe changing legs for the new hecatomb legs (forgot the name).
 Asura.Ghanni
サーバ: Asura
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-09-30 12:50:58  
Im

Im just trying to get the biggest number possible behind my PLD so thats why i stack SATA.
- During normal fights I would of cause split SA and TA :)

Taeon feet has MAX aug stats with WSD.

Not sure if i can make any changes that would make the SATA Rudras Storm number go even higher.

I was thinking of maybe changing legs for the new hecatomb legs (forgot the name).

Have you done any Sinister Reign? There's quite a bit of gear in there that's pretty damn solid for Thief. Taming Sari in particular is a fantastic dagger.
 Cerberus.Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-09-30 13:39:55  
yep i got a Taming Sari with max stats except that its lacking the Treasure Hunter heh.

But i tried swapping that for my Ipetam and later for my Sandung.

Didnt really seem to change the number.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-09-30 15:17:35  
While the damage range for those daggers will have significant overlap, I'm fairly sure Taming Sari will provide higher max and mins. Even if you don't see it after a couple test runs, it will still be there.

Anyways, 4% crit damage won't be +4% on the first hit of your WS. You already have natural crit damage, as well as crit damage from your other pieces of gear. It's more of a 2.5-3.5% increase, depending on how much more crit damage you're using/gifts. In all likelihood, 22str/dex and 20atk(plus atk from str) will do better than 4 crit damage.

Also, look into heca feet, specifically Path D
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-09-30 16:45:42  
You guys really made a mess out of his simple question.
By Ulthakptah 2015-10-01 12:13:00  
So the other night I was doing SR on thf. I had recently added some rawhide path B to my accuracy sets and I noticed Morimar being less of a hassle and missing more. It got me wondering if the +20 evasion augs from path B would be enough to bring back evasion as a form of damage mitigation. Or maybe Morimar's weakness is low accuracy.
 Asura.Ghanni
サーバ: Asura
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-10-01 12:33:18  
Ulthakptah said: »
So the other night I was doing SR on thf. I had recently added some rawhide path B to my accuracy sets and I noticed Morimar being less of a hassle and missing more. It got me wondering if the +20 evasion augs from path B would be enough to bring back evasion as a form of damage mitigation. Or maybe Morimar's weakness is low accuracy.

What's your acc using /checkparam before buffs? Are you hitting consistently in SR? Want to have an idea of where I'm at.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-10-01 12:55:19  
Ulthakptah said: »

I've actually been curious myself. I notice quite often on thief similar stuff happening in escha compared to other jobs. Made me almost want to find the best evasion pieces while maintaining max damage. Sadly, I don't know what those are.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-01 14:57:06  
Evasion isn't something I pay attention to myself, but if you can make it work, then awesome. Morimar is probably the hardest SR guy for a melee crew since his aoe's are so powerful, so managing that to some degree without relying on Utsusemi would be really nice.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-10-02 21:06:01  
i might have like 1 or 2 days this month to log in /grin. Figured i should update my old th gear. What is the max value of th you can get in battle through equip?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-02 21:13:07  
Anybody have a Shijo that can attest to the proc rate/duration on the flee effect? I'm considering getting one solely to farm VNMs quicker.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-10-02 21:29:22  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
i might have like 1 or 2 days this month to log in /grin. Figured i should update my old th gear. What is the max value of th you can get in battle through equip?

is that including the th3 job ability or separate?

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-10-02 21:54:22  
so basically the natural th3, the th3 from plunderer's armlets +1 and th2 from skulker's poulainesalready caps th.
Thats a lot easier then i remember'
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-10-03 00:34:32  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Anybody have a Shijo that can attest to the proc rate/duration on the flee effect? I'm considering getting one solely to farm VNMs quicker.
Ive been using it for a couple weeks offhanded and i love it for farming cp/general use it makes keeping chains much easier. In escha and other ilevel places, just eyeballing it, i wanna say flee procs every other round for 30sec duration. However, outside of escha and ilevel places on weaker mobs it almost never procs. Meaning for vnm farming it wont help much at all.
By Aeyela 2015-10-03 12:03:37  
Odin.Godofgods said: »
so basically the natural th3, the th3 from plunderer's armlets +1 and th2 from skulker's poulainesalready caps th.
Thats a lot easier then i remember'

NQ Gloves work too if you're using Sandung
First Page 2 3 ... 118 119 120 ... 262 263 264