For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 264 265 266
 Asura.Ajirha
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2015-11-18 11:21:50  
seltsamesterne said: »
At least Windbuffet seems to be replaceable now for TP.

why? all i see on this belt is 2 less acc and trade 2% QA for 2% DA as well as unecessary haste and a somewhat probably useless subtle blow
[+]
 Ragnarok.Umii
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: umii
By Ragnarok.Umii 2015-11-21 04:42:43  
Maybe we start to use again mercy when mandau gets updated.

Can someone post an updated rudra and mercy set? Are elemental neck/waist still viable or is it better to go with other options?
By Boshi 2015-11-23 03:50:50  
Curious as to how Apate Ring ring would compete vs Ramuh/Ramuh+1 for a ring slot for stacked ws.

Dex8
or
Dex9

vs
Dex6 Agi6 Str6
By Ulthakptah 2015-11-23 09:24:46  
Does anyone know much about evolith etching? I only ask because I was thinking about ways to lower my perfect dodge recast now that it's 45 minutes. I'm I right in thinking that ebur head, body, legs, and feet can shave another 10 minutes off the cooldown? I don't want to use the hands because I would rather use the relic hands for the extended duration. One of the things that has me confused is ebur body has a size 8 on ability delay even though the max size is 6.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-11-30 10:30:31  
So, with the new augmenting system from Reisenjima, what is everyone trying to get out of their Herculean set?

Personally, I am aiming for a WS set. Chunks of DEX/Acc/Attack and WSDmg +5% seem a very nice bump from Taeon and even an improvement to Lustratio +1 (which I don't have anyways).

Has anyone found better uses for TP or else?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-30 10:54:06  
With Pellucid/Fern/Taupe stones, the highest values you could get seem to include:

- Attribute (DEX, etc) +15, more common on Taupe
- Stats (Acc, Attack, etc) as high as +40, more common on Pellucid
- Traits (Triple Attack, WSD, etc) varying but generally 2 over what you'd see on Taeon, more common on Fern

So you'd want something like DEX+15, Acc/Att+40, TA+4% or WSD+5%. The odds of actually getting that kind of perfection is abysmal, but nevertheless, it's important to compare various degrees of augments to other existing gear. The results vary by piece:

HEAD: The low native DEX make it weaker than NQ Adhemar, Lustratio +1, and Lilitu Headpiece, even with perfect WS stats. The lack of native Acc and other bonuses hurt it for TP, too. Better suited as a magic/utility piece, like MAB/Macc and either FC or WSD for Aeolian Edge.
BODY: Lots of options here, but I haven't run it through the calculator with varying augments. Should be a good TP and/or WS piece though.
HANDS: Shatters Lustratio +1 for WS, and can top Adhemar +1 for TP if you get good amounts of TA or Store TP. This is one of the better pieces of the set. I use my Taupe stones here for better DEX augments.
LEGS: The worst piece of the set. The base stats keep it from standing out compared to other options like Lustratio +1, Adhemar, Samnuha, and even Taeon. I'd recommend filling in a need you don't have covered, like MAB.
FEET: Essentially as good as the hands, though Lustratio +1 will be better for WS in this slot. I recommend aiming for TP stats since the only thing comparable would be Taeon. I use Fern stones hoping for TA+4 or Store TP+6.

Now, bear in mind that it was recently discovered that Dark Matter can be used to augment this armor. The stats have the potential to be better than the other stones, but you have no control over the path whatsoever, so you have fewer and more costly shots at really crazy crap. As more information comes in, I'll consider the augments, but I think the randomness and cost is likely to be too high to advocate anything. I did throw some at my Herc Pants and got TH+2 though.

By Ulthakptah 2015-11-30 14:29:16  
I'm really wishing the soft cap didn't exist right now. I'd tag everything with TH 14, and finally be content with those shitty gifts.
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-11-30 14:35:17  
I have multiple herculean sets covering many different things and still have a bunch to go. Basically building TP sets / mab sets / fast cast sets / a couple for stacked rudras and different ones for eviscerations. There is a really big issue though with stacked rudras and like jean already mentioned basically, rolling augments on herculean to beat what we already have is abysmal, but possible I guess, so I would make that your last focus.

Same applies to the wep. Your time would be better spent just farming a perfect Taming Sari then wasting your time on trying to aug a wep that might beat it.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-11-30 14:37:47  
Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Same applies to the wep. Your time would be better spent just farming a perfect Taming Sari then wasting your time on trying to aug a wep that might beat it.

the blasted thing does not exist!!! DX
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-11-30 15:13:51  
I guess with new stuff being found out though the dagger might have a lot of potential, I just know after throwing hundreds upon hundreds of stones at it, not worth the time for a minimal increase IF you somehow are a lucky one and win the lottery. Especially when people might want to be using an RME in the main hand after update.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-11-30 15:35:16  
REM update will definitely change things for a lot of players (as long as the upgrade requirements won't be unbearable like the ones to craft Aeonics). With just the 269 skill and base damage boost, all 3 REM will climb up the charts. I'm actually wondering which weapon will be the best offhand for each.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2015-11-30 15:45:03  
Finally got a Taming Sari with 14 dmg, 9 str and 8 dex.. best I've seen on Quetz (though I haven't seen many). In all seriousness, has anyone ever seen a perfect one?

1/200-300 runs just to get it to drop at all (thankfully with near perfect augments).
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-11-30 15:52:26  
Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
Finally got a Taming Sari with 14 dmg, 9 str and 8 dex.. best I've seen on Quetz (though I haven't seen many). In all seriousness, has anyone ever seen a perfect one?

1/200-300 runs just to get it to drop at all (thankfully with near perfect augments).

Oh, there are plenty on Odin. There are even people DWing perfect Saris at this point. It's just the usual random luck for some, and mad spam for others.
By Ulthakptah 2015-11-30 15:54:32  
that's what the game is starting to boil down to at this point isn't it? Got to have mad luck with them augs.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-30 20:45:22  
Seen plenty of perfect Saris, but never got one myself. Saw one dude with 2.

Odin.Sheelay said: »
REM update will definitely change things for a lot of players (as long as the upgrade requirements won't be unbearable like the ones to craft Aeonics). With just the 269 skill and base damage boost, all 3 REM will climb up the charts. I'm actually wondering which weapon will be the best offhand for each.
Without knowing the true potential of Aeonics, and the extent of possible augments for Skinflayer, I'm pretty sure Vajra main and Twashtar offhand would probably be the best potential combo overall (assuming you can use WSs optimally). Perfect Sari wouldn't be very far behind it, in all probability. Dunno bout you, but I'd much rather spam Sinister Reign than VW. If Aeneas gets the Store TP and TP Bonus offhand, then it'll crush all other offhands. Meanwhile, Vajra will always be the diamond king of daggers.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2015-12-01 09:16:31  
Hopefully people don't rawr at me.. considering that if I want to go back over the last 20 pages and filter the crap out of stuff I can find the information necessary.. but I was curious if we could get an updated set list on the following:

1. Evisceration Set to shoot for.
2. Rudras Sets Stacked/Unstacked
3. Best TP Set

Preferably all in one post, figured it's not a bad time to ask for suggestions when you consider that we will get very little to no new gear from this point on.

Thanks in advance.
By geigei 2015-12-01 10:00:08  
I got 3TA on it and still not worth using.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-01 10:04:20  
Sounds like it's worse than Ipetam, or even Izhiikoh.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-12-01 10:11:14  
I think Aeonic will be better than Vajra, I mean already I don't care to build a Vajra because of how bad it actually is compared to a max taming sari in the highest end game. I don't think it is going to get much better unless they increase more than just it's damage well and it's skill. This is also not including the SC damage from Aeonic aftermath. But anyways, I haven't put in a lot of stuff into my spreadsheet lately. About to spend some time though and try and update mine more.

Skinflayer isn't garbage, just not worth the time. If you do mess with it in a spreadsheet, it is pretty unlikely to actually roll augs that will beat taming.

That being said, if you DON'T have max taming, consider Skinflayer.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-01 10:21:23  
I would definitely argue that Vajra will come out on top if you can use it to its fullest, but if it doesn't suit your strategy or playstyle, then yeah it would seem a waste to make. Don't forget though, that the RME daggers are going to be 269 skill. Aeneas definitely has serious potential, so I'm very curious to see what it can do. Shame that Exenterator is still crap though.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-12-01 10:34:31  
Yeah, I wish having the Aeonic would give us the WS, because I don't want to merit that garbage lol.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-12-01 11:14:00  
It does give it, although I suppose whether or not it gives a fully merited version or not could still be questioned.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2015-12-02 11:02:01  
Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
Hopefully people don't rawr at me.. considering that if I want to go back over the last 20 pages and filter the crap out of stuff I can find the information necessary.. but I was curious if we could get an updated set list on the following:

1. Evisceration Set to shoot for.
2. Rudras Sets Stacked/Unstacked
3. Best TP Set

Preferably all in one post, figured it's not a bad time to ask for suggestions when you consider that we will get very little to no new gear from this point on.

Thanks in advance.

Bump, anyone?
By Ulthakptah 2015-12-02 13:27:37  
Really there is no best in slot to speak of right now. The new augments are pretty unknown and super random. You are just going to have to use your best judgement for gear. Like if you throw some dark matter at hurclean and get WSD/crit damage and dex that's going to be what you use for rudra's, if you get accuracy and triple attack that's your tp, if you get crit rate that's your evis. Stuff like that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-12-02 13:36:44  
There has been no BiS for years now, as far as TP sets go, ever since they necessitated accuracy again. People are just too stubborn to change with the times.

edit: I mean BiS set
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-02 13:43:33  
"Best in Slot" is hard to define because there are a variety of variables: What are you fighting? What buffs are you getting? Are you using certain daggers? Are you able to use SA/TA to the fullest? What augments do you have?

One of the real complications is that your damage is referencing a variety of stats that multiply with each other. DEX, WS Damage, Crit Damage, and so on, a piece's (or stat's) potency depends on how much you're getting from other sources. I can say there are certain pieces that crush others in the same slot (Vajra and Lustratio Subligar +1 come to mind), but these are expensive outliers.

I'll have a lot of free time towards the end of the month so I can probably deliver on that guide I keep talkin about.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-12-02 13:58:38  
Vajra crushing is simply not true. I respect your opinion, but it is not. Considering that you would have to maintain AM3 100% of time for it to beat max taming by roughly 2dps, it currently does not have the ACC values that a max taming sari offers. Of course I am 2100 JPs and sit in the 50%s on TA, which makes the AM3 basically useless. My spreadsheet may not be perfect, but it is done well enough to compare weps.

Again, the RME update can change stuff which will most likely make Vajra good again, but just assuming the skill going to 269 and a damage increase and nothing outside of that, it would roughly have to gain a 30 damage increase to be better than the Aeonic. That is a pretty significant boost. Obviously this is all just assumptions atm since they could also increase the SATA damage etc...
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 264 265 266