フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 146 147 148 ... 262 263 264
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-19 21:56:43  
Calinari said: »
I mean like, for THF that (currently) doesn't get used for ANYTHING (aside from one mob, in escha) it's kinda moot to bother getting +1 gear that WILL get replaced for CERTAIN. It's merely a matter of time.

Next months going to be (possibly) pahaluwan and it's going to have some epic ***on it for thf. (maybe!!!)

Well, that's going to depend on what kind of THF you are. My assumption is someone upgrading Mandau for sentimental value is a "THF 4 LYFE" which means THF will be used for more than that one T4, if they ever get to that point in the game. I kill the vast majority of escha mobs on THF, and should have the capability on it to melee just about anything melee-able in the game.

If they manage to put in a leg that has more than 43 DEX, 35 attack and some WSD I will be absolutely shocked. Legs are the piece that naturally has low DEX. Lustratio is going against that whole concept because of the base sets stats.
By Verda 2016-10-19 22:00:24  
I mean like, for THF that (currently) doesn't get used for ANYTHING

On THF there melee WoC win, shortly after RiotForceSix did the first melee win on WoC. That's ilvl 150 content, it doesn't really go higher than that. As Oraen said THF is viable for anything you wanna bring it to if you are geared enough for that content level. Lady here also mercs everything up to and including t3 reisenjima with just THF GEO combo dualboxing. THF can't do everything well but DDing is one thing it definitely can do well.
By Calinari 2016-10-19 22:00:41  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Where are you getting the idea that THF isn't used for anything? More than viable on multiple HELM fights and whatever lower content you'd like.

Anything not a HELM you don't need lustratio+1 (you don't need it at all) unless you're trying to be the best. Most people are ok with NQ abj.

It's cool if you want to drop 300m on a yetshila+1 and 200m on lustratio+1. But don't push it like its important.
By Ulthakptah 2016-10-19 22:02:13  
Honestly if you are good at what you do you can take thf to anything that melees are welcome, and sometimes even when they aren't. I know on my server people like to do the sch magic burst trick for Yilan. I come thf, have the sch do a frag, and then MS for light.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-19 22:07:06  

if you want to drop 300m on a yetshila+1

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/21379/yetshila-1

Go check Asura, and wtf at that price.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-19 22:08:01  
Where are you getting the idea that THF isn't used for anything? More than viable on multiple HELM fights and whatever lower content you'd like.

Anything not a HELM you don't need lustratio+1 (you don't need it at all) unless you're trying to be the best. Most people are ok with NQ abj.

It's cool if you want to drop 300m on a yetshila+1 and 200m on lustratio+1. But don't push it like its important.

I never said Lustratio+1 was "important", I just questioned why they'd AG Mandau when everyone told them Mandau isn't worth it and then balk at 50mil for what actually is worth it.
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2016-10-19 22:08:51  
Well, keep in mind majority of end game players are very ignorant/elitist so expect most groups to go DD = "BLU or gtfo". Meta jobs are PLD, WHM, BLM, COR, GEO, BLU, BST, and SCH. I have to prove myself as a thief to get into end game events and I am still improving myself. It's a struggle. If it was that easy, then every thief would be in an end game LS having the best gear.
By Verda 2016-10-19 22:09:10  
But don't push it like its important.
It's there as a goal if you wanna dedicate yourself to it I don't think anyone is really saying you have to get it.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2016-10-19 22:10:50  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

if you want to drop 300m on a yetshila+1

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/21379/yetshila-1

Go check Asura, and wtf at that price.

Yeah, it was the Jinxed Jacket that Lady dropped 300m on.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/25697/jinxed-jacket
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-19 22:11:12  
Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
Well, keep in mind majority of end game players are very ignorant/elitist so expect most groups to go DD = "BLU or gtfo". Meta jobs are PLD, WHM, BLM, COR, GEO, BLU, BST, and SCH. I have to prove myself as a thief to get into end game events and I am still improving myself. It's a struggle. If it was that easy, then every thief would be in an end game LS having the best gear.

I have one of the best geared THF's possible in the game and I don't even have an end game LS!
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Ulthakptah 2016-10-19 22:15:21  
Josiahkf said: »

I have one of the best geared THF's possible in the game and I don't even have an end game LS!
time to thief pvp! I hope you got that meva set into god tier or my sleep bolts -> SA are going to wreck!
pft, macro in frenzy sallet. Sleep is for the weak!
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-10-19 22:15:54  
Ulthakptah said: »

time to thief pvp! I hope you got that meva set into god tier or my sleep bolts -> SA are going to wreck!
That's a stupid idea.
By Ulthakptah 2016-10-19 22:19:25  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

That's a stupid idea.
How so? 100hp for not being asleep is a trade I would make.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-10-19 22:21:02  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

That's a stupid idea.
How so? 100hp for not being asleep is a trade I would make.
Not in PvP
You woke up, sure. But now you're stunned and 100-200 HP less than what you had before
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-19 22:22:17  

ItemSet 347024
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-19 22:22:22  

That's idiotic PUGs that say that ***. Every endgame shell knows better than that idiotic drivel. My shell consistently clears HELMs and I am literally the only BLU involved.

You can continue to defeat yourself and play the victim all you'd like, or you can open your eyes and realize that organized endgame and PUG shouts for Ambuscade are actually a little different.
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2016-10-19 22:25:57  
, keep in mind majority of end game players are very ignorant/elitist so expect most groups to go DD = "BLU or gtfo". Meta jobs are PLD, WHM, BLM, COR, GEO, BLU, BST, and SCH. I have to prove myself as a thief to get into end game events and I am still improving myself. It's a struggle. If it was that easy, then every thief would be in an end game LS having the best gear.

That's idiotic PUGs that say that ***. Every endgame shell knows better than that idiotic drivel. My shell consistently clears HELMs and I am literally the only BLU involved.

You can continue to defeat yourself and play the victim all you'd like, or you can open your eyes and realize that organized endgame and PUG shouts for Ambuscade are actually a little different.

I'm just telling you based on experience. If I was being defeatist, I would of just quit the game and gave up entirely without even trying so don't put me on that tier. Also, I've ran my own EGLS for 6 years. I know the struggle. I know it isn't easy. But the amount of ignorant players out there is real and they are in mass quantities. That's not a lie. That's just the facts.

Post deleted by User.
By Verda 2016-10-19 22:28:45  
Josi knows the weird world of no gearswap allowed pvp well Lady I'd be careful!
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-19 22:42:00  
Haha, I just posted my MDT set. I haven't done FFXI PvP in a full decade or so, sure as ***don't care to find the perfect set for it now. I'd probably just go full offense THF/NIN, though.
By Afania 2016-10-20 02:35:36  
Haha, I just posted my MDT set. I haven't done FFXI PvP in a full decade or so, sure as ***don't care to find the perfect set for it now. I'd probably just go full offense THF/NIN, though.

No ahosi in MDT- set?!!1! Also does meva +10 on ring beats shadow ring 13% chance to absorb and 10 mdb on darksday? What a let down.

Sorry just gonna do ett to Lady D:
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-20 02:53:36  
Orij won't let me melee Schah yet.

And I prefer consistency over chance, so I'll take the MEVA.
By Afania 2016-10-20 02:58:46  
Orij won't let me melee Schah yet.

Shoulda do it leaden style instead :)))

(But this is THF thread)
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Pancakesandsx 2016-10-20 08:40:16  
Verda said: »
Sylph.Pancakesandsx said: »
Asura.Alucardr said: »
So best for rudra's ws is wsd instead of crit rate and storetp instead of da for tp?
While rules of thumb are good and all, amounts will still matter. I'd take 100% DA over 1 STP, I'm sure you would too. You really need to spreadsheet to know where the lines fall to be honest as it changes depending on the rest of your gear. Ambu cape for THF it's safe to bet on both of those being true yes, though crit dmg isn't an aug.

Do you have an up to date spreadsheet for thief? Just talking calculations not gear. I've been looking for one forever.

Working on reupdating it but I have posted links to it every time I do. Can save you some backreading: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0r3vet4ta25qg23/DPS+Calculator+-+Thf+general-custom2.xlsx That's mmm 5+ months old now.

Thank you. Took an entire night to open in openoffice but i got it converted to ODS lol.
By Boshi 2016-10-20 10:07:09  
I mean like, for THF that (currently) doesn't get used for ANYTHING
On THF there melee WoC win, shortly after RiotForceSix did the first melee win on WoC. That's ilvl 150 content, it doesn't really go higher than that. As Oraen said THF is viable for anything you wanna bring it to if you are geared enough for that content level. Lady here also mercs everything up to and including t3 reisenjima with just THF GEO combo dualboxing. THF can't do everything well but DDing is one thing it definitely can do well.
On this topic. We did a 12-man Teles last night in about 5minutes with thf/war thf/war blu/war as the only DDs. One of the thf was using mythic/empy combo, other 2 dd has normal non-rem weapons.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 146 147 148 ... 262 263 264