フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 174 175 176 ... 261 262 263
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-15 15:38:43  
That's coo, if you want a fivehundredmilliongil aeolian edge set.

If you can't "at will" change those augs, though....

I, would sell it back. Theres still plenty of tards that don't know how bad it is yet, that you can pass your bag off too, for maybe 50m less.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-15 15:39:56  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's coo, if you want a fivehundredmilliongil aeolian edge set.

If you can't "at will" change those augs, though....

Oh my Gandring is still on AH...but it's not the only one, so I have little hope of it actually selling.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-15 15:40:20  
Theres still plenty of tards that don't know how bad it is yet, that you can pass your bag off too, for maybe 50m less.

Just hype up that TH+3 "it's so good though, cause, like, you guys, use sandung, and that's only TH+1, n stuff" it'll pay for itself, how can you not buy it.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-15 15:50:17  
Theres still plenty of tards that don't know how bad it is yet, that you can pass your bag off too, for maybe 50m less.

Just hype up that TH+3 "it's so good though, cause, like, you guys, use sandung, and that's only TH+1, n stuff" it'll pay for itself, how can you not buy it.

The last one already sold for 90m under what I paid, and it went from 2 on AH to 3 on AH AFTER that sale. The good thing is once my alts bazaar sells out I'm out of debt, and I really don't need gil for much after Gandring sells so it's kind of whatever.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-15 15:54:53  
Not to state the obvious, but those weapons really aren't as rare as I would've expected.

For being the craft level they are, and +2 HQ they're pretty damn common.
By Sneakyman 2018-09-19 13:35:32  
Sup. Since Mandau was recently discussed here I wanted to see if it is worth building up with the new augs. I do 75 content with my ls and use Mandau (lvl 75 version with dmg +3 augment) for that and obviously it's ok for that but I am considering leveling my THF to 99 and using the Mandau for 99 content. I can still lvl sync down with them but the weapon loses its aftermath or something I heard if it is lvl 99 and you sync down with it and I would really hate to mess it up. Thanks
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-19 13:37:36  
When you sync something, it loses ALL its things.

A 99 mandau synced back to 75, is no different than an AH weapon. It's will lose its relic procs, its attack, and it's base damage will be lower than it should be. (I believe)

Sync system is *** stupid. (for gear)

As far as; "is mandau a good weapon with new augs" 500 tp bonus is TOO good. mandau is usable, just better to use aeneas.
[+]
By Sneakyman 2018-09-19 13:45:21  
Ahh I see thanks for the reply.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-19 14:07:08  
Mandau is still the weakest rema dagger. Hell Gandring may be better with the follow up attacks. It's arguably best for white damage with augment but Twashtar probably still beats it there.
By Boshi 2018-09-19 16:26:55  
It would end up in a small noche of use against mobs that doe within 1ws AND being in a situation not favorable to put am3 up.

Sweet rdm peorcong tho. Lulz
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-19 18:59:51  
It's really not that far behind, especially where most thfs live, in the uncapped attack zone. Even moreso when you overtp and make aeneas bonus tp irrelevant. ("people" quite often do this)

I know you guys like to think that you're attack capped 100% of the time on literally everything, but that's not the case for everyone.

Also, if WSD applies to all hits of DE Evis and Exe they might rival Rudra spam... Evis was already pretty close (relatively speaking)
By Sneakyman 2018-09-29 01:56:44  
@Eiryl

So if I were to mainhand Mandau and spam evis would I use mercy stroke for the AM or don't bother? Also since Aeneas and Twash are out of my range right now what would be the next best offhand selection skinflayer? Also I looked around but didn't see anything concerning a Raetic Kris +1 for thf. It's dps is pretty close to ultimate weapons but is it worth it and do the procs work in the offhand? Thanks man.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-29 02:02:37  
You would use MS to get the AM up for sure. It's like 3min duration, and Mercy is comparable to evisceration in damage in most cases.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-29 02:50:42  
LoH already got the Mandau stuff,

Your offhand, raetic doesn't work well for THF, just not enough MP to make it happen. a well augged Taming from SR is a really good offhand. Skinflayer works too. Realistically were talking very minor dps differences.

If were talking non-master thf, dw path shijo is a solid option.
By Sneakyman 2018-09-29 03:26:11  
Coo thx for the replies guys. I also took a look around and didn't see any updated mercy stroke sets so got any links? BG wiki thf guide doesn't have any in fact it kinda mocks it hehe.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-29 03:53:09  
Sneakyman said: »
BG wiki thf guide doesn't have any in fact it kinda mocks it hehe.

Yeah, there's a reason. You only really want to use it for aftermath. Otherwise you use another WS, be it Rudra's or Evisceration.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-29 11:18:26  
It really wouldn't be much different than a Rudras set. More or less just using different neck waist ammo and replacing moonshade
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2018-09-29 11:54:56  
I threw this together to see how bad Mercy Stroke is.
Code
	sets.precast.WS['Mercy Stroke'] ={
    ammo="Seeth. Bomblet +1",
    head={ name="Lustratio Cap +1", augments={'Attack+20','STR+8','"Dbl.Atk."+3',}},
    body={ name="Herculean Vest", augments={'STR+10','Pet: "Store TP"+1','Weapon skill damage +6%',}},
    hands="Meg. Gloves +2",
    legs={ name="Plun. Culottes +3", augments={'Enhances "Feint" effect',}},
    feet={ name="Lustra. Leggings +1", augments={'HP+65','STR+15','DEX+15',}},
    neck="Caro Necklace",
    waist="Grunfeld Rope",
    left_ear="Sherida Earring",
    right_ear="Ishvara Earring",
    left_ring="Regal Ring",
    right_ring="Apate Ring",
    back={ name="Toutatis's Cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}

By Sneakyman 2018-09-29 12:59:32  
Gotcha. Thanks for the replies.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-29 15:41:46  
It really wouldn't be much different than a Rudras set. More or less just using different neck waist ammo and replacing moonshade

Except Mercy Stroke is STR, not DEX. So you'd want a STR cape, STR rings, etc. WSD stuff probably still overlaps in most slots, but there are likely some significant differences.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-29 15:56:11  
Rudras is almost all WSD

There's no piece of gear in the rudras set anymore that's there specifically for DEX (except cape, and no one should make a mercy stroke cape!)

Lustratio legs being edged out/equal with relic+3
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-29 15:57:34  
Rudras is almost all WSD

There's no piece of gear in the rudras set anymore that's there specifically for DEX (except cape, and no one should make a mercy stroke cape!)

I actually don't have a Mercy Stroke cape. And I have 2 VIT capes and an evasion cape.

So I guess I know what cape I'm making next...
By Boshi 2018-09-29 20:33:08  
lust body unstack maybe
By Dsuza 2018-10-06 08:39:46  
Hey guys, I hope you are having a good week.

How outdated is this guide for BiS sets?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Thief!_A_Community_Collaborative_Guide

Is there a better guide?

I would appreciate if someone could take a quick peek, and suggest/inform of any changes/replacements for the BiS TP and/or WS sets.

Thank you very much in advance
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-06 11:08:30  
It actually says when it was last updated (It's current).
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-10-06 11:15:01  
Boshi said: »
lust body unstack maybe

For ease I would say yes, for min/max, I'd say a perfect taupe body might edge it out unless Lust body is your second piece of Lust on the set.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-10-06 12:59:34  
I use 14 dex 4 wsdmg 27 acc atk herc body for unstacked
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-10-06 13:06:10  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I use 14 dex 4 wsdmg 27 acc atk herc body for unstacked

I'm pretty sure the question was about Mercy Stroke though, which has a STR mod, not DEX.
 Asura.Kitsia
user: Kitsia
By Asura.Kitsia 2018-10-06 22:47:01  
So question. With 3000% tp and not using moonshade which would do best when replacing that slot mache +1 or ishvara?
with Rudra's or SA rudra's
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-07 00:18:13  
Sherida/Ishvara should be about 200 more damage than Sherida/Mache+1
First Page 2 3 ... 174 175 176 ... 261 262 263