フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 264 265 266
 Bahamut.Slytribal
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Slykun
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2013-04-29 17:05:22  
Apparently someone NQ synthed a Kheper Jacket with 4% WS dmg on Bahamut... If that's the NQ, they're the same as the HQs
 Sylph.Malizia
サーバ: Sylph
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-04-29 17:05:49  
Honestly, Magi, considering how ridiculously good the new gear is? I'd hold off on spending anything.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-04-29 17:13:00  
Smooth synergizing still results in 4% so no hq aug for nq hexed
 Bahamut.Slytribal
user: Slykun
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2013-04-29 17:17:42  
Sylph.Decimus said: »
Smooth synergizing still results in 4% so no hq aug for nq hexed

Typical @.@ Ah well
By Otomis 2013-04-29 17:22:24  
I have wondered that not doing it myself or knowing any personally who have. Wonder why it is not shown on BG or other information sights that the NQ is even augmentable? Or am I just misreading the post?
 Bismarck.Stani
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2013-04-29 17:30:29  

NQ Hexed Armor does not get the same maximum augment as the Hexed -1 does with an HQ augment.
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-04-29 17:30:58  
Otomis said: »
I have wondered that not doing it myself or knowing any personally who have. Wonder why it is not shown on BG or other information sights that the NQ is even augmentable? Or am I just misreading the post?
Because we just found out? You can edit the wiki.
[+]
By Otomis 2013-04-29 17:32:26  
Phoenix.Suji said: »

Well if I fu*king knew I probably would??? put away your as*hole it smells funny.
 Bismarck.Stani
By Bismarck.Stani 2013-04-29 17:36:47  

Well if I fu*king knew I probably would??? put away your as*hole it smells funny.

Really dipshit, you're wondering why a publicly run fan site is not instantly and throughly maintained regarding every aspect of a 4 hour old maintenance?
[+]
By Otomis 2013-04-29 17:40:20  
Bismarck.Stani said: »

Really dipshit, you're wondering why a publicly run fan site is not instantly and throughly maintained regarding every aspect of a 4 hour old maintenance?

Still smells funny. Must be that shyt in your mouth / could be anal leakage. I am not sure.
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-29 17:41:14  
[+]
By Otomis 2013-04-29 17:41:50  
RAWR!!! I know right (*^.^*)
 Bismarck.Stani
By Bismarck.Stani 2013-04-29 17:44:22  
Bismarck.Stani said: »

Still smells funny. Must be that shyt in your mouth / could be anal leakage. I am not sure.

Seriously, name calling? How old are you?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-04-29 17:44:37  
Hey guys. Mandalic Stab is making a come back.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-04-29 17:46:34  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Hey guys. Mandalic Stab is making a come back.
 Odin.Registry
サーバ: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2013-04-29 17:48:50  

By Otomis 2013-04-29 17:51:02  
I was having fun at others expense, I am sorry Mr. DiCaprio.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-29 17:52:48  
I was having fun at others expense, I am sorry Mr. DiCaprio.
all you did was make yourself look stupid. not stupid as in you don't know things, but stupid as in that ***was just stupid.
[+]
By Otomis 2013-04-29 17:54:10  
"Stupid"
 Bahamut.Darksouls
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2013-04-30 03:31:49  
Question on NQ hexed jacket. Is it a better option compare to Toci for SA mercy since you can aug them with 4% wsd right now. HQ jacket just out of reach for me.... Thanks in advance.
 Ragnarok.Evihime
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-04-30 11:22:54  
Prolly is about attack but I think that if it doesnt beat it, its very very close. Same for TA > Mercy prolly?
Waiting some1 to play on SS.
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2013-04-30 12:04:55  
Think the skadi head, body, or hands pieces will be used much at all with the new update in mind or does everything under optimal now need to be updated? haha just asking because I've gotten enough paper to nearly upgrade something & now I'm not so sure.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-04-30 12:12:44  
I'd go ahead with Skadi hands. Thurandaut head is close enough that visor isn't a great concern.

I have Kheper jacket winning by a good margin for TA+MS but not so far ahead of Toci's for SA+MS and still losing to Thurandaut for Exenterator.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-04-30 16:02:47  
Ragnarok.Forsakengriever said: »
Think the skadi head, body, or hands pieces will be used much at all with the new update in mind or does everything under optimal now need to be updated? haha just asking because I've gotten enough paper to nearly upgrade something & now I'm not so sure.

Hands should still be best option, body was always situational and imo not worth it, head has been sidegraded once again by Whirlpool, but Whirlpool is by far the best head for evasive content. This is an option that will be out of reach for a while, I suspect, so unless you're willing to settle with any of the (usually) lesser alternatives for now, I'd still upgrade it, but after hands.

Kinda tired of all the influx of TP heads and other gear they choose to give us. I'd like to see Hecatomb replaced, not Khepri (with easy-to-get gear) for once, but I suppose I'm a bit biased.
[+]
By Otomis 2013-05-01 13:23:35  
Playing with the idea of them allowing you to use REM WS with new weapons with out the aftermath. Coming to the conclusion that for a 99 Mandau owner the new NQ Aphotic Kukri (Not megga HQ)weapons despite the higher damage will not keep up with 99 mandau's Ws MS ws bonus, aftermath effect, nor additional effects. But it slaps the crap out of having a twashtar 99 off hand. So after some upgrades to REM some may stay competitive.

However, if you use Rudra's WS, still with out the aftermath, you come really close 99mandau/kukri set up. Mercy is only strong becasue the boost the gave to the WS after empy's where QQ'd about.

Depending on where this all goes, Izhiikoh / Aphotic Kukri is going to be the way to go using Rudra's, even with no aftermath.

And if this is the case, God I wish I would have taken the gil, time, effort for 99 mandau to just make twashtar 99 first.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-05-01 13:32:35  
I did 99 twash a few months before mandau just to troll. Its all irrelevant now though with these new weapons, im mad gimp.
By Otomis 2013-05-01 13:34:39  
Sylph.Krsone said: »
I did 99 twash a few months before mandau just to troll. Its all irrelevant now though with these new weapons, im mad gimp.

But imagine if as a 99 REM owner you could get the benefits of your relic WS using new weapons?
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-05-01 13:39:28  
Edit nvm read the post in the R/E/M thread 99 a weapon to gain access to that weaponskill on any weapon ... lol owned.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-05-02 02:11:49  
Any modification to TP sets since this last patch (weapons withstanding)?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-05-02 03:01:27  
Manibozho Brais will beat Khepri/Thaumas for TP; Thaumas will still be relevant for accuracy sets. The rest of Manibozho has potential, but can't know until we see how the augments end up. DW pair of earrings...we'll have to see how strong the DW is.

Whirlpool Mask, Honed Tathlum, Ej Necklace +1, Hurch'lan Sash, and Tati Earring +1 for accuracy sets.

Nahtirah Trousers for full evasion and hybrid sets.

If using THF in Delve events, I'd recommend to switch out evasion gear for some accuracy in your active inventory. Can't evade worth a damn, even on normal monsters inside Delve.

Thinking this is the most reasonable set, until new gear is actually acquirable. Guess I'll need to do some Kaggens.

ItemSet 297567

Suggestions?

Edit: HQ belt skippable since this is overcapping haste.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 264 265 266