users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 192 193 194 ... 363 364 365
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-02-18 23:38:09  
I don't even know about this one? Do you list bro? You seem weak?
By fonewear 2018-02-18 23:40:00  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
I don't even know about this one? Do you list bro? You seem weak?

Your trolling skills need work. Low post count no avatar image probably started posting yesterday.
By fonewear 2018-02-18 23:46:34  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
lol that's rich, the biggest douchebag on ah blocked me. Guess he got tired of being wrong every time.

I did wonder why he never replied about how fail new dynamis is. Now I know.

I think we should start a comprehensive list...
By fonewear 2018-02-18 23:56:36  
Asura.Dodu said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
This is why I over explain things, even the smallest item left out will have someone play with definitions.

No, you do it to overwhelm anyone even considering wasting their time debating you. This isn't a new technique.

This might be the most accurate thing ever written on a forum about wasting time...
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-02-19 01:30:00  
Ok, so someone pointed me at Link from earlier in this thread..

From the numbers here, it looks quite feasible for 2x MNKs to be able to swing away on this month's AmbuV1 boss, with ZERO worries about breaking the 3k/32sec barrier. Now my question is, what about JA/WS use? If those same 2x MNKs went apeshit, would they still be under the 3k/32sec TP Feed cap needed? Keep in mind, you should have 300tp/tick Regain active the whole time, so it won't kill you to turn around for a tick if you need to shave off a melee round or two to avoid breaking the 3k/32sec barrier.

2999/32sec is OK btw. XD Just need enough time for a 3-charge Ready to get spammed.
By Afania 2018-02-19 01:58:30  
Nyarlko said: »
Never understood why "autistic" variants are used as insults among us gamers.. I mean, isn't it a given that every single "FFXI player" has a tendency towards addiction and some measurable degree of OCD? :D

Only those who reads/posts on FFXI forums :(

Definitely not majority of casual/social type player that I run into in FFXI, lol.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-02-19 02:36:44  
You can tell who the autists are because they can't make it to events that start at 5 because they have Jeopardy then
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-19 08:12:46  
Afania said: »
Nyarlko said: »
Never understood why "autistic" variants are used as insults among us gamers.. I mean, isn't it a given that every single "FFXI player" has a tendency towards addiction and some measurable degree of OCD? :D

Only those who reads/posts on FFXI forums :(

Definitely not majority of casual/social type player that I run into in FFXI, lol.

I don't know I was in Gamestop yesterday I thought it was an Autism awareness event...
By fonewear 2018-02-19 08:14:46  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
You can tell who the autists are because they can't make it to events that start at 5 because they have Jeopardy then

I was going to say this sit in Jeuno with an Excel spreadsheet going over mathematical probabilities of winning particular event...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Arico
サーバ: Asura
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2018-03-24 04:37:02  
IS there a decent four step radiance I could do? I was thinking Asuran>Raging>Seijin>VictorySmite, but I hate the idea of doing Asuran.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-03 11:41:53  
Anyone have up to date gearsets for mnk? Gonna revamp my sets after work today. Any information would be greatly appreciated
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-04-03 12:40:37  
With the exception of Relic head +3 being used for WS, the guide is up to date.
[+]
By pchan 2018-04-03 12:44:26  
It's not up to date, most the gear choiced are bad
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2018-04-03 12:50:56  
Lol'd. Some things never change.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-04-04 12:13:15  
+10 counter on cape! That's cool, right? I mean, in the grand scheme of monk things, that's about as good as it gets?
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-04 12:35:34  
If you're tanking the majority of the time and the mob doesn't use WS type normal attacks, yes. Otherwise, PDT, MDT, or Status Resist would likely serve you better.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-04 12:47:26  
Also if it's something that you can use Counterstance on (last month's Ambuscade is a good example), you'll be way overcapped.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-04 12:53:29  
There isn't much that it's safe to even attempt to counterstance on anymore. It's devastating when you fail to counter and *physical tp moves ALL become oneshots

Even a regular reisenjima mob does 25% of your health with just a regular crit with defense that low.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-04-04 13:21:50  
Not only that, but one should consider all of the moving parts. For example, in last month's Ambooglscade, the main target had a frontal Terror move (Atra. Libations).
Counterstance is generally the last thing you want active if you are in the front of a target--that is where most of the nastiness can happen. Sure, one could click Counterstance off if terrored, but what is the gain of risking Terror rather than punching from behind?
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-04-04 13:35:58  
You wouldn't be countering if you didn't have hate in the first place...?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-04 13:39:29  
Thought atra libations was the dullahan aoe move?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-04 13:41:25  
It is, but its what the moogles move was called too.

Don't know if it was /actually/ called that but its what battlemod called it for the entire month

You can't activate and deactivate Counterstance at will is the just of what cherry is trying to say... you don't want to be tanking to get the use of counterstance because of tp moves

You want it active (even when you arent tanking) for the moments when you are (temporarily) tanking. ... but then you get destroyed

The penalty for CS drastically outweighs the bonus... now if mnk had foil...
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2018-04-04 13:43:00  
Fenrir.Cherrywhine said: »
Not only that, but one should consider all of the moving parts. For example, in last month's Ambooglscade, the main target had a frontal Terror move (Atra. Libations).
Counterstance is generally the last thing you want active if you are in the front of a target--that is where most of the nastiness can happen. Sure, one could click Counterstance off if terrored, but what is the gain of risking Terror rather than punching from behind?

Yeah guys. Let's punch from behind when we use counterstance because it already doesn't do anything worthwhile when we don't have hate. What are you smoking? You don't counterstance and then move to the front of the mob, this isn't overwhelm. If you don't have hate, you're not gaining anything from it and you can't go "punch from behind". It's already been standard practice for over a decade to generally spread out to avoid conal so I don't really get what you think you're saying.

I think you forgot the moving part where the mob turns and faces you if you have the most enmity. But as a MNK doing 2 DPS I can't blame you. (is joke)
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-04 13:55:54  
Quote:
Don't know if it was /actually/ called that but its what battlemod called it for the entire month

It was called that for me and I don't even use battlemod.

Counterstance can work if the monster only has magical TP moves- which was true for the moogle. The benefit to it is the increased counter damage. It worked fine when I did it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-04 13:59:09  
MNK was actually incredible for that ambuscade (normal and below)... however those moments are few and far between.

When the moogle used hundredfists against your counterstance, it was epic. Not going to get that on anything else in the game though =/
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-04 14:00:27  
Oh I don't disagree that the list is short, but in all honesty the list of things I bring Monk to is short too.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-04-04 14:06:41  
Asura.Zanosan said: »
Yeah guys. Let's punch from behind when we use counterstance because it already doesn't do anything worthwhile when we don't have hate. What are you smoking? You don't counterstance and then move to the front of the mob, this isn't overwhelm. If you don't have hate, you're not gaining anything from it and you can't go "punch from behind". It's already been standard practice for over a decade to generally spread out to avoid conal so I don't really get what you think you're saying.

I think you forgot the moving part where the mob turns and faces you if you have the most enmity. But as a MNK doing 2 DPS I can't blame you. (is joke)

Well, my point is, with a group of DDs, hopefully the MNK is trading hate with at least one of them. In this case, it could be useful, but potentially dangerous. I wouldn't advocate for the use of Counterstance here.

If no other DDs, but there is a tank, the MNK should stay somewhere safe. Probably behind the mob, but not always. The MNK will do more DPS if it isn't getting needlessly wrecked by debuffs. I wouldn't advocate for the use of Counterstance here.

If no other DDs and no tank, whatever is being done falls apart if the MNK dies. I wouldn't advocate for the use of Counterstance here.

Now, I have absolutely no reason to doubt that it worked well for Kyte. But we also don't know the party set-up used or the Difficulty chosen. If the MNK can be kept alive and active (no Terror, for example), it is a DPS increase. It is just more risky than any other JA in the whole game... And for what?
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-04-04 14:14:24  
Rumor has it if you put Counter +5 on MNK cape it swaps it to retaliation +5 and changes you to WAR.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-04-04 14:22:54  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Rumor has it if you put Counter +5 on MNK cape it swaps it to retaliation +5 and changes you to WAR.

If you put Counter +10 on it, does it become Overwhelm +10 and change the player to SAM?
First Page 2 3 ... 192 193 194 ... 363 364 365