First Page 2 3 ... 295 296 297 ... 364 365 366
 Asura.Pusheen
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-30 18:43:31  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Pusheen said: »
Updated my above set to reflect empy+1 legs.
74% Kick

Should be 79% before footwork if you’re counting merits
Base 14
Back 10
Neck 25
Feet 10
Legs 20

Back was figured to be dex30 20acc/20art stp10 pdt-10

79-10 =69+5 (merits) 74.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 18:45:41  
... You don't get to add kicks to the cape, they're on all capes. 84%

Merit 19
Back 10
Neck 25
Feet 10
Legs 20
[+]
By Aerix 2019-10-30 18:53:08  
Regarding Ryuo+1 vs. Malignance: Ryuo Head+1 Path C can get +12 STP and Legs Path D can get STP+13/DA+4% along with a set bonus for an extra Attack+20. As far as TP speed goes they're better than Malignance, but in addition to lacking the defensive stats they are also fairly low on Accuracy.

So at least for any midrange content they should be fine to wear.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-30 19:07:16  
Sorry i meant if you’re NOT counting merits 79%

Segomo cape has 10% base kick attacks regardless of the augments
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2019-10-30 22:19:41  
sorry to loop this back around after all the talk about Glanzfaust (there's a weapon not thought of in a hot minute...), the primary reason I ask, is looking at my AG-ed 119s, vs Karambit or even Jolt Counters, it just doesn't seem to me that glowy gold fists are worth using over other options, and the thought of spending a wad to take my Verethragna from 90 to current seems a headache and a half at minimum. I guess I had kinda hoped they had moved up in the world, and since I already have them might have more of a use for them than throwing them on a Mannequin.
By Aerix 2019-10-31 01:10:48  
fillerbunny9 said: »
sorry to loop this back around after all the talk about Glanzfaust (there's a weapon not thought of in a hot minute...), the primary reason I ask, is looking at my AG-ed 119s, vs Karambit or even Jolt Counters, it just doesn't seem to me that glowy gold fists are worth using over other options, and the thought of spending a wad to take my Verethragna from 90 to current seems a headache and a half at minimum. I guess I had kinda hoped they had moved up in the world, and since I already have them might have more of a use for them than throwing them on a Mannequin.

Karambit will probably serve you the best (paired with Kenda+1) if you don't intend to get any AG/R15 Vere/Glanz/Godhands or R15 Spharai.
By SimonSes 2019-10-31 02:14:41  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
...you can't? You can't oa3 a ta, it's either/or. Only the main hand can oat, and the kick can't oat

Yeah i brainfarted, it was late hahaha
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-31 10:38:23  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
... You don't get to add kicks to the cape, they're on all capes. 84%

Merit 19
Back 10
Neck 25
Feet 10
Legs 20

I told you guys I can't math.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-31 12:35:02  
quick question:
How far behind is the MNK Nodowa +1 vs the +2?
Just from a general DPS perspective, is it a very considerable difference? or something Along the lines of "Great! but you can live without it"?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-31 12:44:18  
you can live without anything in the game, you will rarely observe any actual difference without parsing, and parses may not even reflect small gear changes

do you want to be perfect? get it

don't care? why play
[+]
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-31 12:58:32  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
you can live without anything in the game, you will rarely observe any actual difference without parsing, and parses may not even reflect small gear changes

don't care? why play

Proportionate response my dude.

I am sure the +1 is just fine. If your "hardcore" about ink or your play style then its +2 or gtfo as described above. Otherwise, whatever suits you.

I share the same attitude as comeatmebro but I try not to articulate it that way to others. If your not trying to be the best,what are you trying for? Then gear yourself for that goal. Its all personal.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-31 13:35:55  

don't care? why play

Strong words there but Obviously I care or I wouldn't ask. The only reason I'm even asking at all is the Kick Attacks. "5% more frequency but does it make an impact?" The prevailing issue here being that the +2 cost several measures more than the +1 so if the difference is marginal? The money could be spent elsewhere.

Its just like the WAR Beads +2 are NEEDED in order to get 100% DA without needing to use a DA Ring but the BLU Neck +2 is only an extra 5 DEX/STR and will likely never see the difference even in parse.

That's why I'm curious what the DPS difference actually is; if it results in a measly 200 DPS bump, that's just dumb lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-31 13:42:57  
I mean the concept never changes just because the item gives you 100% da or close to 100% KA. It don't matter if it's an inch or a mile, winning is winning. Does not matter if its 1% or .00000001%. Better is better. You be the judge of "how much better" translates to "is it worth my gil", nobody else can decide that. One has a white box, another has a blue box. No single piece of gear will make a significant difference, but all those little increases add up.

Personally, I went +2 for the jobs I felt like it, and +1s everywhere else. Sure it may make certain builds a little harder to work around, but if "good enough" is your goal, then roll with it.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-31 13:50:28  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I mean the concept never changes just because the item gives you 100% da or close to 100% KA. It don't matter if it's an inch or a mile, winning is winning. Does not matter if its 1% or .00000001%. Better is better. You be the judge of "how much better" translates to "is it worth my gil", nobody else can decide that. One has a white box, another has a blue box. No single piece of gear will make a significant difference, but all those little increases add up.

Personally, I went +2 for the jobs I felt like it, and +1s everywhere else. Sure it may make certain builds a little harder to work around, but if "good enough" is your goal, then roll with it.

All points valid. I'm just seeking information so as to be a smarter shopper is all. Just like Dark Matter Augments are the best you can get on several slots but we all know it's probably gonna cost billions to get that perfect set.. We all immediately look at that and say

"... No.." lol

So does anyone have a rough DPS difference here? or is this particular question doomed? Not gonna raise hell about it, just was curious if someone already ran numbers on this or not
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-31 13:59:37  
along your point, I know a guy who does Dark Matter augments and he's having the time of his life burning virtual currency. I think its nuts but he likes being the best and optimized, and that's really all there is to it. xD
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-10-31 14:10:31  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
All points valid. I'm just seeking information so as to be a smarter shopper is all.

So does anyone have a rough DPS difference here? or is this particular question doomed?

Seriously... a bit of a tangent people got off on there. Everyone understands that +2 will beat +1, if you want to be the best of the best and money is no object, +2 it is. But quantifying the difference is a perfectly reasonable question that I'd be interested in as well.

What's the DPS increase for a few typical scenarios? 'x' DPS versus 'y' DPS, what's the percentage difference, etc.?

When the +1 is 10-15% of the price of the +2, expected increase for that significant expense it certainly a valid consideration. Might be more worthwhile for some people who don't have BiS pieces for every other slot to put that money toward something that makes more of a difference (large chunk of an RMEA, augmenting an RMEA to R15, making AF/relic+3 pieces, spending on another job, etc.)
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-10-31 14:19:25  
just get the +1, no reason to ask for validation
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-31 14:40:47  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
hat's why I'm curious what the DPS difference actually is; if it results in a measly 200 DPS bump, that's just dumb lol

I think you have kinda optimistic point of view about other HQ over NQ pieces. If 200DPS is dumb then I wonder what you gonna say, when I tell you that going from 5/5 Kenda+1 in both TP and WS set, to NQ Kenda 5/5 is 500DPS loss. So around 100 per piece. Moonbow belt HQ over NQ is also 200dps. Neck +2 over +1 is 250 DPS (in Godhands Raging Fists setup with Neck in both tp and ws sets with capped attack) which looks impressive in comparison to previous items :P
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-31 15:15:40  
SimonSes said: »
Neck +2 over +1 is 250 DPS (in Godhands Raging Fists setup with Neck in both tp and ws sets with capped attack) which looks impressive in comparison to previous items :P

Thank you, that's all I wanted to know. Now it's my decision from there. Appreciate it
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-10-31 18:49:04  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

He wasn't asking for "validation", just information so he could make an informed decision.

If ~80M cost (excluding augments) = a 250dps advantage, that's relevant if someone has gil limitations but might also be considering stuff like ~150M(?) for 5/5 Ken+1, ~120M to R15 an RMEA, 40-50M for a Moonbow+1 with similar DPS increase, etc.

Neck +2 over +1 is 250 DPS (in Godhands Raging Fists setup with Neck in both tp and ws sets with capped attack) which looks impressive in comparison to previous items :P

Thank you Simon, for actually providing an answer.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-10-31 20:05:04  
if he is capable of figuring out the value of the other items, then he should be capable of figuring out the value of the neck.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-31 20:56:56  
Uhm... I can't find SimonSes's MNK spreadsheet anymore, did he change the url?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-31 21:01:37  
It's still there

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/176WX9yPAMn5ftksU2C_NR6S-LkwVzIvb-HM8HYilag4/edit#gid=1878664442
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-31 21:06:08  
Now it's working again for me, oh well, wonder why it wasn't working for me a few moments ago >_>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Robthunder
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Robthunder 2019-11-01 07:29:13  
I had to download it as a .ods and then resave it as an excel file. Otherwise it kept having "data that was unreadable" and wouldn't work properly for me.
By Matic 2019-11-01 07:47:44  

if he is capable of figuring out the value of the other items, then he should be capable of figuring out the value of the neck.

don't care? why play

you guys should get together and misconstrue each other for a few hours
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-01 09:27:19  
i intended to demean the whole repeated 'is item x worth it' trope, because only a select few items in the game are 'worth it' and the game is so easy that even master trials can be done in nq gear and minimal RMEA.. the whole game is easy and for most players with serious hours behind it, it's become more of a collection simulator than a content based mmorpg

i see that it was interpreted more as, get hq or quit cuz ur bad, and i apologize for that
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-01 11:03:47  
There really should be a way to upgrade the lower quality to high quality. The whole system is stupid. Shouldn't have been tiers to begin with on these necks and weapons.
First Page 2 3 ... 295 296 297 ... 364 365 366