Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 300 301 302 ... 363 364 365
By Butcherb0y 2019-11-17 09:43:37  
Ok after looking through bg wiki for gear pieces. And going by what Simon is saying "str and ma". It seems like adhemar+1 head/body/gloves beat ken+1 h/b/g when it comes to str and TA, well Ken wins with 2 more TA on the body. Obviously with Adhemar+1 I'll be going with path A for the extra str bonus.

Just not sure for legs and feet if I go with ken. Now I can try to aug my herc feet and hopefully get lucky for some decent str and more TA. Also for Spinning WS would eponaz be better than Niqmaddu?

Now for earring I'd prolly do brutal/sherida. Keep my knockberrie. And cape got with Str and DA.
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-11-19 09:39:01  
What's the use for relic +3 gloves besides a Chakra piece? They are one of the more expensive pieces on Asura and I'm struggling to see why.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-19 09:46:53  
Other than being moderately good for lolasuranfists I can't really imagine many uses where they're better than the other plentiful options we get for the hands slot :x
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
サーバ: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-11-19 11:11:31  
Probably people just maxxing their chakra sets?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-19 11:30:36  
I use it for Chakra + Asuran Fists
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-19 16:42:04  
Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
Probably people just maxxing their chakra sets?
Yes Sirris asked "other than chakra", so of course we don't need to tell him it's useful for Chakra, do we? :x

But yeah other than Chakra and Asuran Fists I can't think of anything atm :(
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-19 17:19:35  
Really quick: what’s a good Infinite SC that MNK can exploit for Omen objectives?

I can’t seem to hit fast enough for a multi-chain even with capped Magic Haste and Pinion Ceste.

Is it a Hundred Fists or bust? Or is it easier to grab a staff or club?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-19 17:45:04  
Well, if you're doing H2H and can manage to get TP fast enough, I'd probably try:
One Inch Punch > Howling Fist > One Inch Punch > Howling Fist to infinity.

But like you said, that's kinda tough so... perhaps a Staff Multiattack/STP build would be easier to do? (though honestly, if I'm solo MNK I just forego the 6-step)

1. Sunburst > Shattersoul > Earth Crusher > Full Swing > Earth Crusher > Shattersoul?

2. Could also do Sunburst > Shattersoul > Full Swing x3 > Shattersoul for a simpler alternative, though with Full Swing being a physical single hit WS there's a greater chance of a whiff.

One MNK with single wield club sounds like a nightmare scenario for a 6-step.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-11-19 17:51:37  
If anyone gets bored and wants to post a solid cataclysm set, I would be greatful.
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2019-11-19 18:09:29  
sets.precast.WS['Cataclysm'] = {ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
head=gear.MABHead,neck="Baetyl Pendant",ear1="Friomisi Earring",ear2="Moonshade Earring",
body="Samnuha Coat",hands="Leyline Gloves",ring1="Archon Ring",ring2="Shiva Ring +1",
back=gear.MABCape,waist="Eschan Stone",legs=gear.MABLegs,feet=gear.MABFeet}

gear.MABHead = {name="Herculean Helm", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+26','Pet: "Dbl.Atk."+1 Pet: Crit.hit rate +1','Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19',}}
gear.MABLegs = {name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Mag. Acc.+17 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+17','AGI+6','Mag. Acc.+8','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}}
gear.MABFeet = {name="Herculean Boots", augments={'STR+6','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+23','Weapon skill damage +1%','Mag. Acc.+17 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+17',}}
gear.MABCape = {name="Segomo's Mantle", augments={'INT+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','INT+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}}

This is my okayish set.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-19 23:11:23  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
(though honestly, if I'm solo MNK I just forego the 6-step)

I absolutely agree but, technically, if you're solo MNK you're not getting the 6step objective.
It takes 5+ other people in alliance with you.

Lol xD
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-19 23:29:27  
Yeah it scales, so a simple 2-step (1 sc) will suffice to clear that objective solo. One of the main perks of soloing this month on Monk vs going in groups. You get scaled objectives downwards and can hit all but 2 (both magic damage ones). Plus you get to keep all the swarts
By SimonSes 2019-11-20 01:23:21  
Those are the main perks of soloing every month not only this. Also main reason not to do Omen in groups which is sad.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-20 01:24:14  
Asura.Sechs said: »
(though honestly, if I'm solo MNK I just forego the 6-step)

I absolutely agree but, technically, if you're solo MNK you're not getting the 6step objective.
It takes 5+ other people in alliance with you. Lol xD

Hehe fair enough. More like... 1 MNK actually doing the SC with a bunch of supports or lazy people? Same idea though, if you're doing something with... 3 or 4 people and still have to do a multi-step SC.

And I find that coordinating with any more than 2 DDs for long multi-step SCs is apparently an impossible task at least for my crew... so 5~6-step becomes something to ignore unless we have a job that can easily do it themselves (SAM, SCH, etc.)

All that being said, there's something undeniably cool about soloing the 6-step objective with MNK. Especially if you can pull it off without Hundred Fists.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
One of the main perks of soloing this month on Monk vs going in groups. You get scaled objectives downwards and can hit all but 2 (both magic damage ones). Plus you get to keep all the swarts

And yes this. But not just "this month" - always. My RMEA aren't gonna R15 themselves, so I prefer have preferred Omen by myself to hoard all the drops for some time. I don't do a lot of bosses these days, so the majority of my canteens go to farming.

Lately I like to spend my merits on Lilith, then refill them with an Omen farm run on whatever job I want cards on - can get 70+ merits with an exp ring charge. TH+4 in gear on non-THF (Oseem PLUS campaign this month is a big help for that), tag every mob, go dump my Swarts onto weapon, repeat.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-20 01:29:33  
SimonSes said: »
Those are the main perks of soloing every month not only this. Also main reason not to do Omen in groups which is sad.

Beat me to that, but double posting to follow up and note that this is really more an issue of SE making the super rare desirable thing that everyone needs tons of for augments ONLY DROP in decent quantities in Omen. People sure aren't loading up on Swart on wave 3 Dyna that averages a handful per person twice a week.

In a way, it's sort of cool to encourage people to go back and get all their AF by soloing for cards/swart at the same time. But on the other hand, like you said, REALLLLY discourages actually doing Omen bosses or teaming up. They really should add swart to some other content too...
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-20 01:33:06  
It's about time they add more sources for Astral Detritus, if you ask me.
But with no new content incoming any time soon I'm not sure what they could do.
Adding a small amount you can buy every month to Ambuscade would be neat though, if you ask me.
Would do wonders into slightly reducing the price of Detritus.
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2019-11-20 03:38:59  
they can remove the 3 day limit on dyna d would lower the prices
By SimonSes 2019-11-20 03:40:26  
btw afaik max skillchain objective in Omen is 6 skillchains, not 6 step skillchain, so it actually require 7 WSs. Correct me if im worng.
By SimonSes 2019-11-20 03:47:34  
Cerberus.Demonsgate said: »

If they would do that, then Relic shards/voids, medals would cost like 100k. While its cool for some people, it's not really cool for people who invested massive amount of time and gils into their Su5 and Relics in past year. Its ok for prices to drop a little, but breaking a market completely is not cool, especially when people like me can farm dynamis for legit gil. Reducing places to farm gil in legit way is bad.

On top fo that it wouldnt really lower the prices for Swart a lot, because only big groups or small groups of multitboxers farm wave3 and they usually keep Swarts for themselves or they would make a monopoly for it and keep price high.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-20 03:55:35  
Given the amount of insane lag and packet loss you get with the current limitations, I don't wanna think what would happen with even more people overloading the Divergence servers.

I've been advocating the removal/reduction of the cooldown, but given what I just said I'd rather see them add Astral Detritus as reward from other sources rather than touching the current Divergence cooldowns.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-20 04:12:12  
Since we’re on the topic sorta. Buuki you do *** of omen bosses as MNK what setups do you use?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-20 04:15:00  
If they would do that, then Relic shards/voids, medals would cost like 100k. While its cool for some people, it's not really cool for people who invested massive amount of time and gils into their Su5 and Relics in past year.

Sorry man, but this is the worst kind of gatekeeping BS attitude and I couldn't disagree more. You just don't want other people to have the things you bought when they were expensive because that would make you less special? Ugh, gross.

Divergence has been around for 2 years. It's TOTALLY FINE if the gear becomes more accessible now, and it doesn't hurt you if some more casual players can more easily complete some of the relic+3 gear that made you more "elite" for most of the past couple years. Honestly, most of the relic pieces are either:

(a) dirt cheap (or shard/void aren't even easily available to buy - especially on non-Asura servers). Nobody wants to pay medal prices for some piece of +3 gear that isn't one of the standouts and is really cheap when it does show up on the AH/bazaars, just to finish a set... I had to camp AH for a while to grab a crappy WAR footshard recently just because I felt like 5/5 the +3 set, (but I sure as hell wasn't gonna waste 3 medals on a piece that was worth 200k); or

(b) totally exorbitant prices for the 1-2 standout pieces per job. It's kinda silly that prices are still ~45-50mil for the shards/voids for desired pieces like THF hands/feet, BLU legs, WAR head, etc... And that doesn't even count the Delve/Vagary and crating material costs.

As for Su5... ambuscade weapons already made the majority of those fairly obsolete by providing a sidegrade for the majority of those (outside of a small handful of unique use pieces like RDM sword, COR dagger, PUP H2H). And the game didn't collapse, nor did I see excessive wailing and moaning from the community.

Game shouldn't really be about elite LS farming gil and keeping stuff to themselves while blocking a lot of other players. Make Divergence more accessible and more people can actually DO the content more often to farm their own stuff, without requiring half a RME weapon's worth of gil to make one JSE armor piece. Gil items are the bane of this damn game anyway, and only provide more incentive for bots, dupes, RMT, and other sketchy stuff (i.e. the excessively low number of legit crafting shields). I'd be all for making it easier for people to actually access the content and earn the gear themselves. So sorry if giving a lot more players the ability to get gear by doing events hurts your gil making a bit, I think that's a worthwhile tradeoff.

One thing I sorta don't mind about Omen/AF upgrading is that you actually have to play the content to get cards and upgrade your stuff. It's inclusive enough to nearly all players, cuts out a lot of the merc/RMT factor, but takes some time and effort to do so you can't just credit card your way to success.

Given the amount of insane lag and packet loss you get with the current limitations, I don't wanna think what would happen with even more people overloading the Divergence servers.

I've been advocating the removal/reduction of the cooldown, but given what I just said I'd rather see them add Astral Detritus as reward from other sources rather than touching the current Divergence cooldowns.

Now THIS is a more reasonable response. Sechs has a valid reason for not wanting to open the floodgates on dyna farming, because it actually makes the content less enjoyable (for everyone) due to technical considerations. Not because he wants to be one of the handful of people with yellow box armor and exclude others...

It's a tough problem, but it seems pretty obvious that detritus supply is a real bottleneck at this point. Wouldn't be bad to see it drop in some other places. Ambuscade points, maybe high tier battlefields, etc.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-20 04:20:27  
In general I absolutely support what you're saying Capuchin, and I think 1 year is enough for that, let alone 2+...

But we still have the technical performance issues.
Granted I'm not 100% sure having even more people doing more Divergence more frequently would make things worse than they already are, but supposing I'm right (and alas I think I am) that remains a pretty strong concern for avoiding to reduce the current gating of 60 hours.

One way to "fix" it would be to increase the drop rate. Make so shards/voids can drop from any monster, not just those of the specific job, slightly raise the drop rate, especially on the red eyes.
Or, I dunno, what else they could do. But considering the event is 2+ years old, I'd be more than fine with that.

Still, without some New event to cather the attention of the player base I doubt SE is gonna do anything at all about Divergence.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-20 04:33:41  
In general I absolutely support what you're saying Capuchin, and I think 1 year is enough for that, let alone 2+...

But we still have the technical performance issues.

Yeah, reasonable concern there. Regarding your increased drop rate suggestion... they DO have the means to implement that - they're doing it right now with Statue Crusher PLUS campaign. Maybe something as simple as running those more often (1 week a month?), or just adjusting the normal drops to be more in line with the rare special campaigns. I haven't been in yet this week, will go on Wed evening... but I hear drops are pretty good, and I'm looking forward to that.

Quote:
Still, without some New event to cather the attention of the player base I doubt SE is gonna do anything at all about Divergence.

Sad but true. Wait for 2020 to see what kind of new time sinks we get seems to be the only realistic hope.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-20 04:42:28  
It's been, how much, over 1 year since the last statue crusher plus campaign? And now they're giving us "just" 2 weeks of it after such a long time since the last time they gave us such a campaign.

HOW DARE YOU SE

greta.gif
By SimonSes 2019-11-20 05:18:49  
when they were expensive because that would make you less special? Ugh, gross.

Gtfo with that judging attitude. It's not abotu feeling special. Its about feeling the progression. It's ok to let casual people get more stuff easier (like through campaign we have now) or with actual good fixes like letting you exchange shards for shards, so you wont need to pay 9M for one shard and throw 10 other shards away because they are useles, but crashing the market is totally stupid imo. It's totally fine that you have things in game that cost more and you can farm them to pay for other things that cost more. If you reduce the amount of places where you can farm gil and let the economy spin then you will have what? 99% people spaming the same ***to get gil (sparks) to make it even more tragic than it is now? The good fix is adding more places where you can farm gil or stuff that people want to exchange for what you want, not drop the price by 90% and give it for free.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-20 05:27:25  
not drop the price by 90% and give it for free.
For free, no.
For reduced amounts? *** yes.
We're talking about a 2+ years old content. It's only right and, honestly, it's exactly what SE has been doing in the past 5 years UNTIL NOW.

That is: when the "new content" is released, the older becomes progressively easier, more accessible, related stuff to that content cheaper and so on.

Divergence is the exception here. Well and I guess partially Omen too honestly.
Lack of new content is of course to blame, but I'm afraid there might be other culprits too.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-11-20 05:57:16  
not drop the price by 90% and give it for free.
For free, no.
For reduced amounts? *** yes.
We're talking about a 2+ years old content. It's only right and, honestly, it's exactly what SE has been doing in the past 5 years UNTIL NOW.

That is: when the "new content" is released, the older becomes progressively easier, more accessible, related stuff to that content cheaper and so on.

Divergence is the exception here. Well and I guess partially Omen too honestly.
Lack of new content is of course to blame, but I'm afraid there might be other culprits too.

Good reducing the price would be if you would add exchanging shards for shards (1 for 1). That would reduce the price of good shards probably to like 1M and bump price of useless shards to 1M. It would have sense. You would take away idiotic price from some shards, but you would keep farming whole dynamis profitable still.

Dynamis-D is still the newest big content. If you want to crash prices here then why not do it for mythics, relics etc? Why not reduce the amount of gils you need to pump for 10-15 years content? Why not add 10 HMP and 1 rift drop to every voidwatch, make Salvage drop 100x more Alex and Dynamis 10x more coins? Idk maybe because that would crash market and let people cap on REMA in month leaving you nothing to progress on? If you dont do it with REMA weapons, then why would you do it with armor?

Once again, you should create more places to farm wanted stuff to sell/exchange for other stuff if you want something faster from time gated events. There is an economy, ah and bazaars in this game for a reason.

You really think casual people would go farm Dynamis D if you would remove time gate? They would go farm gils from sparks and just buy shards for cheaper price. Do you see people farming coins for relic weapons? No, everyone just farm gils and buy currency. The only thing that would encourage people to go farm shards/voids would be to make them unsellable (which I think they made exactly opposite making it ex at start and then sallable?) and not obtainable from medals. You could make them drop 5 times more then and remove the time gate, but it's a little late for that.
First Page 2 3 ... 300 301 302 ... 363 364 365