ItemSet 373345

Chakra set
Ring R15, Neck R15
Back Vit 30
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-25 22:21:20  
They talked about it a few pages back. Chakra set is probably something you don't need to make. I've never seen any situation where it didn't heal me back to full with just the gloves and body, even while sp2 or Giants drink is active. It's extremely potent on it's own
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-05-25 23:06:00  
#LetMNKFuLlTimeFocus!

Does Tornado Kick benefit from Crit Hit? Notice anytime I had it up with footwork my TK spiked more was hitting 85-99k without it it usually hovered in the 70’s.
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2020-05-25 23:28:50  
Asura.Topace said: »
#LetMNKFuLlTimeFocus!

Does Tornado Kick benefit from Crit Hit? Notice anytime I had it up with footwork my TK spiked more was hitting 85-99k without it it usually hovered in the 70’s.
It doesn't, only WS that can crit without SATA are those that explicitly say so in the description (like CDC) or when using special weapons (e.g. Shining one). You most likely had a MA-proc that caused the spike.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-26 02:26:56  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They talked about it a few pages back. Chakra set is probably something you don't need to make. I've never seen any situation where it didn't heal me back to full with just the gloves and body, even while sp2 or Giants drink is active. It's extremely potent on it's own
Yeah.
I don't know if it's because the multipliers on Hands and Body are too big now or because they changed the JA a long time ago Originally both the body and the hands use to simply change the Chakra multiplier. By default Chakra was your VIT x 2.
Temple Cyclas raised that multiplier by 1.
Melee Gloves raised that multiplier by 0,6.

The formula changed though, I don't remember when.
The new formula should be something like this:

{( HP maximum value * 0.2) + ( VIT * 2) + α} * {1 + (“ Chakra +” / 100)}
* The α part corresponds to the “chakra effect up” of the job point .

Taken from JP-wiki.

With both AF+3 body and Relic+3 hands you get:
Chakra effect +117, removes: Poison, Blind, Paralysis, Disease, Plague.

Basically you're gonna get full HP with Chakra even without VIT stuff.
Wish excess healing could be shared with people standing nearby but alas nope.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-26 02:32:10  
Shiva.Darksniper said: »
ItemSet 373345

Chakra set
Ring R15, Neck R15
Back Vit 30
Regardless of what I said before, this set isn't BiS.

Ear1: Handler's Earring +1
Waist: Latria Sash
Feet: Hizamaru+2 or Volte Boots
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-05-26 07:23:42  
People with r15 Godhands What does Typical Shijin Spiral Numbers look like when buffed? At rank 6 I never really get over 40k, but I’m also missing Ken hands and legs+1. Does it ever get into the 60’-70’ range?
 Phoenix.Oyama
サーバ: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-05-26 09:04:42  
I don't think I've ever seen it break 50k on a normal target, though it's gotten close. But I also don't use it that often in a full buff scenario.
By geigei 2020-05-26 09:14:21  
People with r15 Godhands What does Typical Shijin Spiral Numbers look like when buffed? At rank 6 I never really get over 40k, but I’m also missing Ken hands and legs+1. Does it ever get into the 60’-70’ range?
In ody with songs and bubbles, 20-40k, lights are quite strong.
By SimonSes 2020-05-26 10:58:24  

Its nowhere near 60-70k lol. MNK would be top on the parse by like 50% then.

I think you overestimate what hq and rank 15 over nq and rank 6 gives you. Its maybe like +10-15% total, not +100% XD

You can expect around 32k avg with capped attack with R15 on neutral target (without zone buffs like in escha. Probably few k more there).
By HyperKTM 2020-05-26 11:45:16  
Godhanda r trash need r15 vere
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-05-26 11:53:24  
HyperKTM said: »
vere r trash need r15 godhands
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-05-26 14:51:08  

Unbuffed it's probably 15k while smite 15-25k.

Full buffed. I don't know. I would simply throw Howling Fists by that time for the occasional 70-90k. I know the average isn't high compare to smites abd RF but one triple attack proc in HF is just too ridiculous.
By Mrgrim 2020-05-26 15:18:40  

Got to 50k on Byakko on escha ruaun while fully buffed a while ago with R15 Godhands lol.
HyperKTM said: »
Godhanda r trash need r15 vere

I'll just pretend I did not hear that.
By SimonSes 2020-05-27 04:20:55  
Mrgrim said: »
Got to 50k on Byakko on escha ruaun while fully buffed a while ago with R15 Godhands lol.

Occasional 40k+ (50k in escha) happens but avg outside of Escha in full buff is around 32k (I dont count buffs like boost-dex or Dex etudes). This is still a lot for avg at 1000TP, especially that you can easily make single light with it after putting AM1 up or make multi step Light/Radiance skillchains using 2-4 Shijins with other hard hitting WSs. Lets not forget that MNK is also not BLU with tizona/thibron or COR with daggers+Leaden and you get another big portion of total dps from above average white damage.

Generally I wouldn't recommend using Shijin if you don't skillchain with it.
[+]
 Asura.Darksniper
user: Tshi
By Asura.Darksniper 2020-05-27 14:30:13  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Shiva.Darksniper said: »
ItemSet 373345

Chakra set
Ring R15, Neck R15
Back Vit 30
Regardless of what I said before, this set isn't BiS.

Ear1: Handler's Earring +1
Waist: Latria Sash
Feet: Hizamaru+2 or Volte Boots
For a difference of 1 or 2 Vit on each pieces, I really do not want to lose 140 HP so I would pick this set..
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-27 14:32:48  
I don't know the purpose of a High HP set with chakra if you immediately lose the HP when you swap back to your tp set. For curing high numbers I guess?

I guess its mixmaxing, np
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-27 15:16:16  
Asura.Darksniper said: »
to lose 140 HP so I would pick this set..
Not that I'm against (or for!) this idea of yours, but if that's your approach how come for other slots you didn't pick optiosn that are 1-2 vits below the items you've picked but have more HP?
It's confusing D:
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-05-27 15:25:40  
especially when all you need is af body and relic hands
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-27 16:15:14  
Siren.Mosin said: »
especially when all you need is af body and relic hands
Given the amount of VIT we get from pretty much any piece and given the huge multiplier with the +3 pieces, yes, you're absolutely right.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-06-10 21:25:24  
Can Quadruple Attack proc on Raging Fists? Or is still limit to 8-hit and only 1 Triple Attack or 2 Double Attack can proc?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-06-10 21:53:25  
QA, DA, or TA can proc up to 2 times on Raging Fists, but your number of swings caps out at 8.
 Siren.Lionsheart
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Lionsheart 2020-06-13 20:10:28  
Would anyone be able to help me out with a MNK lua that equips certain gear with Impetus being up or not please?
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-06-17 20:39:08  
Hey all, I'm going to have to ask for some advice from you guys. Here's a quick background. I've got a friend who recently returned to the game from a 14-15 year break. We played together back in the level 75 cap era and he never got very far before quitting. To give you an idea of where he stands

--Other than city rank 6 he has no mission progress in any of the storylines. I got him through the first arc of rhapsodies and ran him through the promyvion zones last week. He never started aht urghan. He also never beat Limit break 5, and his highest level was 70 when returning. So in other words, he's practically a first timer to the game. I just helped him get to level 99 and we're going to do the mission lines together, but I'd like to help him get a more respectable gear set than sparks in the meantime. And since I'm way out of touch with how monk works, especially after the recent update to H2H weaponskills I'd like to ask you guys for some pointers on how to gear the job up and play it decently from scratch. Namely

Weaponskills -- I haven't paid too much attention to the weaponskill revamp. What does monk currently like to use and how does one gear for it.

Gear sets -- He's in no rush to push end game any time soon, but I do want to help him get a few decent pieces. What should we try to tackle first? And what weapon would you guys recommend we aim to get him. Is the Kaja H2H from ambuscade worth persuing? Because I could help him get a pulse weapon from escha zi-tah if it is. Or would you recommend we try and get him something different?

Basically Just some general startup gearing and playstyle directions is what we're looking for. We'll deal with missions and unlocks as we go.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-17 20:47:06  
I would go straight for ambuscade. full gear and weapon. (5/5 both sets +1) unlock Vsmite, use raging till then. (or asuran with karambit/kaja)

Assuming you'll let him leech the NQ sets to start. Then he can pretend to help until +1s. Do DI to cap every day.

After that it's a matter of priority. JP su3 malignance (and probably job change as monk won't get you anywhere... unless your goal is to max it out) I would not invest in any su5 or rema.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-17 20:59:00  
Some of the decent pieces he can work towards and immediately get use out of:

-Herculean Set
-Adhemar Hands, Body, Head for TP and some
-nq moonbow belt of course

If you can run him through Odyssey, you can help him make an Emeici +1 and R15 it, which IMO is a very good starter H2h and is very affordable with the price of scales. Makes an absurdly good Victory Smite weapon as well. The ambuscade h2h is fine but the pulse weapon locks some newer players out of it. I think the UNM piece is much easier to finish quicker, since it doesn't require spending Ambu points on mats (which can be used for the capes he will need)

Between that and random accessories for melee/ws, he should be good in no time. I would prioritize getting Empyrean body +1. Makes an amazing TP and Victory Smite piece during Impetus. Other good weaponskills to use are Raging Fists, Howling Fist, Tornado/Dragon Kick, and Shijin Spiral is used as a Skillchain linker. I would just prioritize gearing for Victory Smite, Tornado Kick, and Raging Fists.

Not going to go in depth into every set, but this page should give a good idea of what each set should prioritize. I left out the Su3 set for obvious reasons

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Monk_Guide
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-17 21:07:30  
Garbage gel totally blows, like sincerely. I wouldn't even put that on anyones radar, let alone a returner. It's just a shitty fight period lol.

Straight for kaja, piss on garbage gel. Especially if someone is going to give you a pulse weapon.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-17 21:13:58  
If someone is going to go through the trouble of farming you a pulse weapon (which can take a really long time), chances are they can handle Garbage Gel while the other guy sits back and get (double) coffers for weapons. The person doing the killing can also just give the freeloader his excess Gels he gets from his own coffers. It's just a suggestion though. The weapon is really good, and I don't recall the fight being that difficult when I did it on NIN.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-06-17 21:20:25  
Ambuscade gear, domain invasion, escha ru-an, oddysey and such are all accessible. I can tackle most of the simple stuff myself. I just don't know how to play monk and he wants to start there so I wanted to ask before going in any direction. I have a general idea based off the gear sets in the sticky, but the pointers are appreciated. I can get him Rank 15 Emeici +1 easy enough if it's that good for starters too.

Victory smite won't be an option for at least a little bit. He never started wings, and he's pretty busy IRL and only puts in a few hours per day tops, so he'll have to reach walk of echoes before he can unlock it. But he has no real expectations yet either. Right now he's just enjoying seeing 14 years worth of new content and zones. But if that's the defacto H2H weaponskill I'll certainly make it a point to add it to the checklist.

On Garbage Gel -- He may not be able to handle garbage gel, but I can. If the Emeici +1 is a more efficient rout than the ambu weapon I'd rather see him use his ambuscade points towards capes and gear. Also on that note I should probably ask. What augment does monk want on its TP cape? Store TP or double attack?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-17 21:29:20  
I wasn't suggesting an either/or approach to the weapons, just considering all things. You would need to do ambuscade anyways, so if you spam it enough, the Karambit is fine. I was just suggesting a different alternative to spending his points. I would much rather a newer player spend their points on things like +2 gear, capes, and the rest on sellables, rather than build up for one weapon and be missing in other areas. You can go either route, I was just throwing the option out there since its a double unity campaign and odyssey clear takes 10 minutes tops. And the money he could make selling rema mats from ambuscade he can convert into scales to upgrade his weapon, but that was just a thought.

I think you can go either way with the TP cape, but I use STP since MNK has so much TA in their Su3 Melee sets. It might not make too much of a difference for a starter Monk, ad I would probably just tell them to stick DA on it so they can use it for Shijin Spiral as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 319 320 321 ... 363 364 365