Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 325 326 327 ... 363 364 365
By Autocast 2020-10-31 07:42:07  
Same for raging fists? Assume howling (attack bonus), kick ws and shijin all use +2 even under cap attack? Thanks
By SimonSes 2020-10-31 07:54:54  
Autocast said: »
Same for raging fists? Assume howling (attack bonus), kick ws and shijin all use +2 even under cap attack? Thanks

Howling is probably closest to being "always" +2 neck because of both attack bonus, high fTP .

Under attack cap Fotia wins for almost anything beside kick WS UNDER footwork (kick WSs only take kick attack damage as base with FW on). Keep in mind Fotia damage adds relatively less when fTP of the h2h WSs goes up.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-31 08:29:53  
Personally I made a different choice for Howling and Raging, but I'm still questioning it.
I went with Neck+2 on Raging (because when I use Raging, it's because I'm pretty sure I'm super buffed or very close to the cap)

Whereas I went with Fotia on Howling because if I use Howling it means I feel I'm missing some important buffs and want to make use of the att bonus.

I dunno, it's hard to draw a line and make a compromise. Ideal would be having multiple sets with and without Neck+2 of course but I'm too lazy for that.
By Mrgrim 2020-10-31 12:13:45  
Did anyone made a comparison for Howling Fist/TK with Tatenashi Hands+1 vs Herc hands(Str or VIT, TA+4, Acc/att) vs Adhemar hands? If so what is the difference between those 3, feeling lazy to roll with good ol' Oseeem, and take the lazy way. Currently updating my sets since they are somewhat outdated.
By SimonSes 2020-10-31 18:44:28  
Mrgrim said: »
Did anyone made a comparison for Howling Fist/TK with Tatenashi Hands+1 vs Herc hands(Str or VIT, TA+4, Acc/att) vs Adhemar hands? If so what is the difference between those 3, feeling lazy to roll with good ol' Oseeem, and take the lazy way. Currently updating my sets since they are somewhat outdated.

I added Tatenashi to sheet pretty much in first few days of the update, so you can just use it and experiment, but afaik Herc hands with 4TA and 10STR are still bis for both and Tatenashi are second best, but thats assuming acc/att is capped. Also the advantage of Herc is very small for Howling and slightly higher for Tornado.
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-10-31 21:42:58  
SimonSes said: »
Also the advantage of Herc is very small for Howling and slightly higher for Tornado.
Does it really matter little things..I could understand when 2 monks pvp in ballista just few hits can be crucial but..in end game..umm..well what ever guys/girls makes u happy...
By DaDrifter 2020-11-01 09:56:21  
What does a good Spinning Attack, Asuran Fists and Ascetic's Fury gear sets look like?
By SimonSes 2020-11-01 13:25:28  
Asura.Karppa said: »
SimonSes said: »
Also the advantage of Herc is very small for Howling and slightly higher for Tornado.
Does it really matter little things..I could understand when 2 monks pvp in ballista just few hits can be crucial but..in end game..umm..well what ever guys/girls makes u happy...

For some it matters, for some it doesn't. What I wrote wasn't actually biased towards any of those group. I simply provided info and I let people decide on their own if going for Herc over Tatenashi is for them worth it or not.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-11-01 13:46:22  
DaDrifter said: »
What does a good Spinning Attack, Asuran Fists and Ascetic's Fury gear sets look like?

Spinning Attack is kinda based on what you want to do. For max damage you want multihits and set will be very similar to Raging Fists or Howling Fist. If you want to use it to clear group of trash mobs tho, then going for WSD might be better option. the reason for this is with multihit you will make more damage, but it wont be evenly split. Multiattack will proc for each target separately, so some mobs can get hit by 8hit Spinning dive doing 16k, while other by 2hit Spinning doing 4k. That will further result in some mobs dying faster than others and at the end you might end up killing whole group longer with multihit set, than with WSD set.

Asuran set is pretty much as much STR/att/acc as you can get. Relic +3 5/5 is great candidate. If you are super buffed through the roof, then you can use 5/5 Malignance to take advantage of PDL that this set provides. One thing that stands out in comparision to other h2h WS sets is Fotia belt over Moonbow belt (at least if you care only for damage and not for capped subtle blow or -DT).

Ascetic's Fury is pretty much the same set as for Victory Smite.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2020-11-01 18:32:36  
I Put TH4 on my spinning attack set...Good stuff in Omen when it comes to detritus lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-11-04 19:59:15  
Is there a go-to WS for a Godhand MNK?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-11-04 20:41:03  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

Several:

Shijin Spiral for skillchains/plague. The damage is pretty consistent with R15 Godhands imo.

Raging Fists/Howling Fist: Impetus Down/TP Overflow
Vsmite: Impetus Up
Tornado kick/Dragon Kick: Footwork Up

Honestly you use a little of everything.
[+]
By Whynez 2020-11-05 01:49:42  
For my LS’ wave 3 runs we typically have an all MNK DD party w/ BRD and COR support. Should I be giving the MNKs Sam/Chaos or Sam/Fighters for rolls?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-05 03:20:51  
You could code that in your lua and aisde from extreme lag/packet loss situations it would work.

You would macro the GS command, and the GS command would execute different WSs according to a certain variable.
The variable you could use is the player.tp field.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-05 03:21:55  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

Several:

Shijin Spiral for skillchains/plague. The damage is pretty consistent with R15 Godhands imo.

Raging Fists/Howling Fist: Impetus Down/TP Overflow
Vsmite: Impetus Up
Tornado kick/Dragon Kick: Footwork Up

Honestly you use a little of everything.
And Spinning Attack for AoE! XD

Can I ask why Dragon Kick btw? I've seen many people talking about it.
Other than for SC purposes why should one use Dragon Kick instead of Tornado?
By HyperKTM 2020-11-05 04:02:42  
Cataclysm for aoe not that gimp ***spinning attack
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-05 04:18:12  
Spinning Attack is all but gimp.
Cataclysm is awesome but requires different buffs/debuffs and requires you to swap your weapon.

It's a very nice WS but I thought we were talking about H2H WSs?
[+]
By Tarualex 2020-11-12 12:00:12  
When rolling Herc gear for Weaponskills, is there a "best practice" direction for prioritizing stats or is different based on the WS in question?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-12 12:04:23  
It's gonna vary based on how/what but the basics across the board is get WSD then some modifier (str almost universally as mnk) attack/acc dependent on buff condition.

Unless you mean, which stone and what should I try for outside DM, in which case, it kinda doesn't matter, use Emp/Adhemar+1/Kend+1/AF+3

Try to be specific in what you're asking.
By Tarualex 2020-11-12 12:43:48  
Thanks Eiryl.

I am currently rolling herc boots for a Raging Fist set. The community guide indicates that STR/TA/ACC/ATK are the stats to target. Within that spread of stats, I'm wondering if there is a best stat to focus on for max values. To be even more specific, Fern stones will allow for maximum +4 TA, where as Taupe stones allow for a max +15 STR but only +3 TA. Is the +15 STR with lesser TA opportunity a better direction over a lower STR value with max TA?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-12 12:48:18  
There's the question simon will answer

How much better is 4Ta/10Str than 3Ta/15Str for Raging Fists

(probably assuming "all the buffs" and the other slots standard)
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-11-12 12:54:42  
Use Fern for the higher TA chance. The STR mod on Raging Fists is nothing special.
By SimonSes 2020-11-12 13:40:40  
Tarualex said: »
Thanks Eiryl.

I am currently rolling herc boots for a Raging Fist set. The community guide indicates that STR/TA/ACC/ATK are the stats to target. Within that spread of stats, I'm wondering if there is a best stat to focus on for max values. To be even more specific, Fern stones will allow for maximum +4 TA, where as Taupe stones allow for a max +15 STR but only +3 TA. Is the +15 STR with lesser TA opportunity a better direction over a lower STR value with max TA?
Asura.Eiryl said: »
There's the question simon will answer

How much better is 4Ta/10Str than 3Ta/15Str for Raging Fists

(probably assuming "all the buffs" and the other slots standard)

Just use Kendatsuba +1 for Raging Fists tbh (They are break even to 4%TA/10STR Herc). Herc 4%TA/10STR is 0.16% ahead of 3%TA/15STR btw, which is almost no difference at all. Difference is slightly bigger on Howling Fist (0.7%) I wouldnt bother with Herc, unless you plan to go for bis 4%TA/10STR. Dont go for 3%TA/10STR at all.
By Tarualex 2020-11-12 15:26:00  
Thanks to all that weighed in. I'll keep chasing the mythical BIS roll, but stick with the Ken +1 in the meantime. Most likely forever.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-11-12 15:31:04  
Can you get 4TA and 15 STR on herc w/o DM?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-12 15:34:19  
4Ta/10Str or 3Ta/15Str can't get 4/15
By SimonSes 2020-11-12 15:57:07  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Can you get 4TA and 15 STR on herc w/o DM?

I edited that typo in last sentence if you are referencing to my post :P
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-11-12 16:05:35  
Yeah I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something
By drakefs 2020-11-12 16:15:55  
Asura.Memes said: »
Is there some way of hitting a generic macro button and it using a specific WS based on TP % and whether or not Impetus and/or Footwork is up using Gearswap?

Yes, it will require a couple of functions though.

Specifically one to handle a Gearswap command and another to determine the WS. I use mote based luas as my base but these are the functions I use in my MNK lua:
Code
function job_self_command(cmdParams, eventArgs)
    if cmdParams[1]:lower() == 'ws' then
        handle_WS()
        eventArgs.handled = true
    end
end

function handle_WS()
    if buffactive.footwork then
        send_command('@input /ws "Tornado Kick" <t>')
    elseif player.tp < 2000 then
        send_command('@input /ws "Asuran Fists" <t>')
    else 
        send_command('@input /ws "Raging Fists" <t>')
    end
end 

my macro is simply
Code
/con gs c ws
First Page 2 3 ... 325 326 327 ... 363 364 365