95 Annihilator > 90 Armageddon?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » 95 Annihilator > 90 Armageddon?
95 Annihilator > 90 Armageddon?
By Mithril20 2013-03-17 03:58:51  
Hi, I was debating making a Annihilator but problem is I don't know if that will be worth it if I'm not able to 99 it soon after. Was wondering if I'd still generate as little hate as a 99 Annihilator would and do somewhat the same damage as it, or if I should just stick to my 90 Armageddon. I low-man with friends constantly and been looking into this for a while. Would I be as effective with the 95 version of the gun as a 99 would be? of course I know Coronach damage will be less potent. Thanks in advance for your responses. Also, apologize for so many questions!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-03-17 04:27:02  
-Hate will be slightly less due to lower white damage, but enmity down bonuses are the same.

Since you're mentioning lowman content, Annihilator shines on high-end enemies for the ultra-low enmity generation and the big chunk to r.atk/r.acc that may be necessary for said targets.

Wildfire generates low enmity aswell, albeit nowhere close to Annihilators.

That said, Last Stand on Annihilator is potent, but if the r.atk/r.acc isn't doing anything, which I'll assume it isn't in your case, Last Stand Armageddon will actually do more damage.
[+]
By Mithril20 2013-03-17 04:53:28  
Ah, gotcha. So such content as Meeble/NNI/Salvage There wouldn't be much difference between the two? Annihilator coming on top on OdinII/Watcher/Legion?
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-03-17 05:34:08  
The guns really have two completely different uses. They're both good last stand guns. Armageddon is slightly better in situations where attack/accuracy is capped.

Armageddon is uniquely useful against mobs that resist piercing, or physical damage altogether. Annihilator is useful in situations you don't want to pull hate. The two uses really have nothing in common, thus your decision to upgrade an annihilator really should have nothing to do with the fact you already own an armageddon.

Basically what I'm saying is, if you need a gun that you will prevent you from pulling hate, you're obviously going to want an annihilator. Armageddon certainly isn't going to help you. If you only need a gun to spam last stand (I assume this isn't the case), then you have no reason to upgrade an annihilator.

Hope this helps.
[+]
By Mithril20 2013-03-17 05:42:53  
Appreciate the response Helel! well what about the difference between 95-99 Annihilator? I'd need to be spamming Coronach no? Damage wise is there a huge difference? I'm eventually going to upgrade to 99 but it'll take a month or so to do so.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2013-03-17 06:30:37  
The damage is noticeable, that's really all I can say. The 5 points of damage increase from 95->99 increases the WS and white damage and the 15% increased WS damage increases as well. The 5 Ranged Attack/5 Ranged Accuracy is nice but really doesn't mean much. So take that for what it is.
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-03-17 14:44:57  
Very much what Helel said. Also it's worth the extra 40 million gil to 99 the annihilator. You'll be amazed at how much annihilator changes the way you play ranger.
 Valefor.Fernir
サーバ: Valefor
user: Fernir
By Valefor.Fernir 2013-03-19 13:47:37  
Must be nice to have 8M marrows. They are still 12M over here with the occasional undercutter to 11M. Still 3/5.
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-03-19 14:26:59  
Not nice at all ><. My ls (and every other one on the server) sells them for profit. And certain people always undercut the lowest price by 200k >.>