Shall Shell/bluetail Catching Issue.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Shall Shell/bluetail catching issue.
Shall Shell/bluetail catching issue.
 Bahamut.Samunai
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2013-03-20 06:28:10  
OK try 2 (pressed backspace ; ;)

I am on the point where i can catch shall shells and bluetails for skill ups. Im fishing 27. Now before people gonna ask "which bait" or "where u fish?!", let me explain abit of stuff i tried so far (im loosing my mind any moment now on this stupid skill up fish).

I have a Halcyon with a Robber Rig and a Rogue Rig. Ive tried both baits, and i have caught 0 to be precise so far. I went fishing only in Bubu yet, bc every guide and every person (like 7 ppl?) i ask mentions going there. I have asked several veteran fisherman where to fish them and they all said bubu and then the east or north easy side. I went fishing on the cliffs at the east side of bubu w/ my 2 baits and rod and caught nothing. I went to the north side of the cliffs, at the middle and at the south by the lighthouse- nothing. I went to the beach in front of onzozo, shallows are right before i couldnt walk any further- no catches. I stood in the little cave w/ water right before the zone of onzozo- nothing. I went to the cliff mentioned in discussion on wiki where u can still catch em- tada... nothing! I went down to the beach south in bubu both sides- NOTHING. Not a single catch not even a 'you keen angler's blabla'. About 4 hours further in 2 days and still not a sign of any catching. Now i have shouted in PJ, which was a mistake bc ppl cannot read -.-, and i asked for the EXACT location/pos to find em. all i get were tells with 'bubu' or 'bubu + rod/bait'. One person even said; go fish something else! Like NO, this fish is going to be caught by me! And i want help doing so ^^/ if everyone is saying its their best skill up fish, why should i be the one ignoring it! ><

I have full +skill gear so 27+7 (not using image support). And im a taru (maybe that helps >...>). I tried w/ and w/o the +skill gear on but nothing changes.

I really want to skill up on this fish as ppl get 2 entire levels a day as minimum.

I'm desperate! /kicks a uncaught-able shall shell into the ocean.

So pls, help ? :3
By Toebag 2013-03-20 06:36:58  
I don't know the pos for sure, but i believe you have to stand somewhere where mobs can aggro you if you were low enough. Since you've been up and down Bubu it sounds like you've already met those requirements.

I came across a fisher the other day at knightwells and for some reason he couldn't get a bite on moats, whereas I could. We traded set ups and again he couldn't catch moats, but I could. He was 0 fishing, so it made me curious if it was an anti-RMT measure, like you have to be at least lvl 1 fishing to catch moats or something?
Maybe there is a similar minimum lvl restriction on Shalls, since they, like Moats are popular fish to catch.

I'm probably talking out of my arse here, so best wait for someone who actually knows the answer!!!
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-03-20 06:39:38  
I've done that twice, both times I've used the same spot and had the same results (give or take for the stupid number generator).

I fished just round the corner from the lighthouse (so I doubt it makes any difference).

I used Halcyon Rod + Robber Rig (based on my equip history anyway). Using this setup and fishing up ~200/day, I managed to go from 10/11 - 53(? whatever they cap at) within 2 weeks with ease.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-03-20 06:42:35  
Go to Nashmau instead.
Fish up istridye or whatever they're called, the eastern version of Shall Shells.
There's no enemies to fish up there, and in my opinion they bite even faster there too.
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2013-03-20 06:43:09  
:O imma try that spot right away! a was alittle more north still ^^"

lets hope my char doesnt experience a bug then ^^/
 Leviathan.Berlack
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Berlack
By Leviathan.Berlack 2013-03-20 06:43:12  
I'm having the same problem.. tried everything, can't for the life of me catch a single Shell. Hitetsu i'll try that spot.

Edit:

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Go to Nashmau instead.
Fish up istridye or whatever they're called, the eastern version of Shall Shells.
There's no enemies to fish up there, and in my opinion they bite even faster there too.

tried there: 0 catches
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2013-03-20 06:43:45  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Go to Nashmau instead.

i will when the other spot just given aint working ^_^
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-03-20 06:47:29  
I should probably point out that I've not fished in well over 6 months :P So something may have changed since then!
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2013-03-20 06:49:05  
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
I should probably point out that I've not fished in well over 6 months :P So something may have changed since then!

nuuu >.> well ppl i asked online have recently fished there so :| shouldnt have changed that much i guess
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2013-03-20 06:51:55  
they are not biting -.- wtf am i doing wrong ; ;
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-03-20 06:53:21  
Wierd.
I used Lu shang + Rogue Rig in nashmau from level 10 to 50 in nashmau fishing up only those.
Halycon should work just as well for those.
 Leviathan.Berlack
By Leviathan.Berlack 2013-03-20 06:54:06  
No bites in that spot either. Using a haly + robber rig.

Everyone in Nash was using Lu's, didnt get a bite with haly.. maybe they changed it?
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2013-03-20 06:55:39  
Leviathan.Berlack said: »
No bites in that spot either. Using a haly + robber rig.

Everyone in Nash was using Lu's, didnt get a bite with haly.. maybe they changed it?

i hope not bc i am not gonna spend all my gilz yet on that rod /sigh. 30% on quest but not gonna do that before i can continue skill up ; ;
 Leviathan.Berlack
By Leviathan.Berlack 2013-03-20 06:57:53  
15 minutes in Bub, no shells. =/
 Leviathan.Berlack
By Leviathan.Berlack 2013-03-20 07:11:09  
Still none.. deffo something up..
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2013-03-20 07:11:57  
i caught 2 of em, but its hard to tell only on the message if its a shall shell or not.... a few yellow globes and some rusty leggings slipped through -.-
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2013-03-20 07:13:53  
woop got a bluetail! just no skill ups yet /cry
By Rezwobwastaken 2013-03-20 08:11:35  
I've read lots about nashmau being the best place, should i be there at lvl 5?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-03-20 08:37:36  
Level 5 works, but it's a bit rough until you hit 10-15, even with lu shang.
 Cerberus.Zaub
user: Zaub
By Cerberus.Zaub 2013-03-20 08:42:29  
Where in Nashmau for the shall shells?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-03-20 09:14:12  
Cerberus.Zaub said: »
Where in Nashmau for the shall shells?

There's just water one place there.
Just look for all the fishers, should be pretty obvious once you get off the boat :P
 Cerberus.Zaub
user: Zaub
By Cerberus.Zaub 2013-03-20 09:15:11  
Thx :)
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2013-03-20 09:45:28  
idk why but i am catching em now ^^ with sometimes a yellow globe :P they 'die' so fast- that i dont have the time to cancel em, as soon as i remeber >...>;