DMG:63 Delay:90 Ranged Accuracy+5

Damascus Bullet

DMG:145 Delay:240

Nice damage increase over the old ammo:

Gargouille Arrow

DMG:51 Delay:90 Ranged Accuracy+5

Adaman Bullet

DMG:127 Delay:240

EDIT: On a side note, you thought Adaman Ingots were annoying to make bullets out of? Try getting Damascus Ingots for them lol.
[+]
By Chyula 2013-03-27 12:07:07  
I rather have them make the old one cheaper than having to paid few mil a stack of pouches for the new one. *** the damage, if it is not cheap people will just use crap arrows.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-03-27 12:13:02  
Chyula said: »
if it is not cheap people will just use crap arrows.

I dont follow this mentality & I'm sure I'm not the only person who doesnt. SE is planning on upping the Recycle rate by a strong margin as well as making bullets more readily available. When will this happen? Who knows, its SE. Right now, theyre probably more focused on the expansion & such. Competitive rangers will find ways to get the new bullets/arrows for new/current high-end content, others who could care-less about how they play the job will do what they do.
[+]
By Chyula 2013-03-27 12:31:00  
SE just need to make another alternate version of the crafting materials and sold by npc for a reasonable price to fix this. this new version of materials are only used to craft ammo and will not affect the economy on other type of items while crafter can make some profit making ammo. Better yet they make it so these craft will not raise your crafting skill.
By Gimp 2013-03-27 12:31:57  
I think there's an inbetween.... I wouldn't blow(much of) my best ammo on a mediocre to average pug but I'd definitely use it in my endgame linkshell. It's not like I'll be using level 50 ammo in the former either but when your best is needed you give it.

Is the best ammo really needed all the time for every event of every level?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-03-27 12:33:10  
We used to joke about Damascus Ingot bullets.

SE: Make it so!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-03-27 12:47:18  
Gimp said: »
I think there's an inbetween.... I wouldn't blow(much of) my best ammo on a mediocre to average pug but I'd definitely use it in my endgame linkshell. It's not like I'll be using level 50 ammo in the former either but when your best is needed you give it.

Well I said for high-end content. Wasnt referring to using the absolute best ammo everywhere all the time unless you live/breathe legion. Adaman bullets really arent that expensive because of how easy gil is to make these days, so I used Adaman for basically anything worth using a gun on. If it wasnt worth Adaman bullets, then there wouldnt be a difference simply using my 99 Gandiva which practically shoots for free(good friend makes my arrows). Im sure Damascus bullets will cost a lot more than Adaman did, but Im sure the competitive rangers will use them for high-end content.
By mcdonalds87 2013-03-27 13:37:56  
They're increasing recycle to at least 95%, who knows when, at least what I'm told. So if you're using dam-bullets you're hopefully using for ws only and a stack will probably last you a significant amount of time.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-03-27 13:39:33  
Ugh, another ammo that'll be rare to find on the AH.

Seriously need ammo npc's.
[+]
 Sylph.Organic
サーバ: Sylph
user: Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-03-27 13:40:32  
mcdonalds87 said: »
They're increasing recycle to at least 95%, who knows when, at least what I'm told. So if you're using dam-bullets you're hopefully using for ws only and a stack will probably last you a significant amount of time.

where did u hear the 95% figure?
By mcdonalds87 2013-03-27 13:48:23  
Just from a friend. I'll get you his source when I can.
 Bismarck.Annalise
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2013-03-27 15:13:45  
90%. And here, I searched through and found it for you:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/8050-RNG-Ammo/page15?highlight=recycle
By Gimp 2013-03-27 15:24:14  
Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
Gimp said: »

Well I said for high-end content. Wasnt referring to using the absolute best ammo everywhere all the time unless you live/breathe legion. Adaman bullets really arent that expensive because of how easy gil is to make these days, so I used Adaman for basically anything worth using a gun on. If it wasnt worth Adaman bullets, then there wouldnt be a difference simply using my 99 Gandiva which practically shoots for free(good friend makes my arrows). Im sure Damascus bullets will cost a lot more than Adaman did, but Im sure the competitive rangers will use them for high-end content.

I misread then and I agree
By Mileslong 2013-03-27 15:25:02  
D.Bullet is sick ammo with an Annihlator!
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-03-27 15:29:19  
Definitely wasn't expecting more new bullets, but these should be great when they add recycle as a job trait.

The new AGI gear is awesome as well.
By Antonaki 2013-03-27 15:30:39  
I am happy that there are new ammos, especially the arrows, its about time sam got an ammo upgrade.. pissed that the arrows are synergy though..
 Sylph.Mirvana
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-03-27 15:45:23  
GDI SE, I just finished making a stack of Ada Pouches... i REALLY hope D.ingots drop like candy in SoA areas... >.<
 Asura.Izilder
サーバ: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-03-27 15:47:20  
if i see one person cry about ammo cost - especially if they own an anni - its throat stab time
 Cerberus.Weegie
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Weegie
By Cerberus.Weegie 2013-03-27 16:33:25  
We paid about as much for Anni as the DRK paid for his Apoc. While I get that you pay-to-play RNG, 2-3+mil a stack on ammo is a little stiff. Unless Damascus Ingots become more available than they are now, the price to use Gun could double the cost of the weapon in a year of playing.

So throat stab away. It's a consumable, it should not be as much as a nice piece of armor all by itself.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-03-27 16:46:00  
Must have Arrow !
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-03-27 16:48:05  
Asura.Izilder said: »
if i see one person cry about ammo cost - especially if they own an anni - its throat stab time

Cost is nothing. It's actually the supply that's worrying
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-03-27 16:58:43  
The cost of ammo can be annoying if you're upgrading other weapons. When I was upgrading tizona, I always felt like I was prolonging the amount of time until I completed it by going RNG to events. RNG is my favorite job, but I'm not going to toss gil if I don't have to.

Anyway, there is a new smithing recipe to craft damascus ingots, so here's hoping they aren't too hard to get. I'll probably continue using adaman bullets until the recycle adjustments. I already use enough bullets as it is with kraken club.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-03-27 18:05:08  
I'm hearing a few ppl say that their ranged attacks are doing more than normal. Like 6k JRs in VWs, when mostly unbuffed with meh atmas.

I just did 7300 Last Stand on a bird outside tav, just berserk up. I know its a bird and EP, but still, that seems high to me.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-03-27 18:16:36  
I was piss my pants happy when I saw that the updates included new ammo.
 Leviathan.Vaudianx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: xVaudianx
By Leviathan.Vaudianx 2013-03-27 18:19:55  
Sylph.Mirvana said: »
GDI SE, I just finished making a stack of Ada Pouches... i REALLY hope D.ingots drop like candy in SoA areas... >.<

D.Ingots are now craftable
 Sylph.Mirvana
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-03-27 18:26:40  
Was more bitching that I now have a stockpile of ada bullets/ingots that are outclassed lol. I'm a stickler for always using the best ammo, though I'll probably be in the same boat as Helel until things come through
 Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker 2013-03-27 18:37:40  
damascus is lame , where are my ormallu bullets at?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-03-27 18:40:38  
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-03-29 00:53:03  
Just a warning for anyone wanting to make these, I just made my 1st batch of Mantid Arrows, and these new ammos are not yet quiverable.

So make them as needed.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-04-02 16:58:23  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Just a warning for anyone wanting to make these, I just made my 1st batch of Mantid Arrows, and these new ammos are not yet quiverable.

So make them as needed.
Where is the recipie for the new bullets/arrows?
First Page 2