Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 188 189 190
By RiggityWrekd 2023-01-28 20:25:31  
What sets do you guys use for resolution with lionheart?

Attack capped obviously since you shouldn't use resolution if you are not well buffed
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-29 05:10:38  
"What do you guys even use /WHM for?"
That's a valid question. I forgot the last time I haven't been /BLU.
/WHM can be nice for some easy content or for other specific situations, but above all I think it's just a "fun" variation from the boredom of using the same setup.
Regardless, I can acknowledge that /SCH is pretty hot.
The 10% casting speed, the mp cost reduction, the Acession C4 that, in situations where it applies, generates a *** of enmity. You get pretty much all that /WHM gives you but with better passive stuff, even though you're reliant on stratagem use.

Altough ultimately for me:
quelthos said: »
The added benefits of erase, haste and banishga + foil combo is what i really like about /whm
There, nailed it.
Banishga for tagging and the utility, meant to be a help for your healer, not a main form of surviving on your own.

I'm still a bit torn on Sroda belt though.
On one hand I can't deny how useful it is, allowing you to easily cap defensive stats and enmity.
On the other hand 25% cost is no joke. I dunno, guess I'll try it and see how it goes because capping Cpot without Sroda relies on using some really old pieces like Weather+1 hands or Skaoi boots... and a Cpot back.

Thanks for all the useful insights everyone!
 Odin.Aurelius
サーバ: Odin
user: Aure9700
By Odin.Aurelius 2023-02-03 12:31:46  
Is there an up to date Dimidation set? Or is the commmunity guide current?
By Taint 2023-02-03 18:09:56  
It should be 5/5 Nyame.

ItemSet 364159
By RiggityWrekd 2023-02-03 20:02:19  
Taint said: »
It should be 5/5 Nyame.

ItemSet 364159

what about resolution set?
 Asura.Kyaaadaaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Asura.Kyaaadaaa 2023-02-03 22:02:21  
It should be 5/5 Nyame.

ItemSet 364159

Just returned to the game... Nyame is basically SE saying "we're tired of making gear for specific jobs, here's something that is good for everyone"?
By Vaerix 2023-02-04 03:55:56  
Asura.Kyaaadaaa said: »
It should be 5/5 Nyame.

ItemSet 364159

Just returned to the game... Nyame is basically SE saying "we're tired of making gear for specific jobs, here's something that is good for everyone"?

With 4 paths to choose from which are absolutely amazing for what they are. A is All jobs Hybrid STP for stuff like mythic am3, but B is pretty much every jobs ws set for the majority of weaponskills, (some outliers exist but they're the exception.) C is an amazing nuke/burst set for jobs lacking strong options in that field (drk/nin particularly) and D is basically a pet damage set with 2 extremely strong pieces for damage, and the entire set is great for pet dt now while still retaining master dt.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-02-04 05:55:34  
Path B is also notable for jobs that can't get their stats off Oseem without DMs like MAB + WSD for magical Axe WS for BST or Ranged Stats + WSD for RDM on bow.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-02-04 06:50:42  
Odin.Aurelius said: »
Is there an up to date Dimidation set? Or is the commmunity guide current?

The Community Guide is pretty much the most up to date resource. Unless you're looking for niche set ideas/discussion.

And as Vaerix mentioned, Nyame has multiple paths. RUN (and BRD) are the biggest highlighted jobs for choosing Path A typically. I went Path A on a couple pieces and I don't regret it.
By Tarualex 2023-02-04 17:01:24  
Anyone mind sharing their steel cyclone builds? I am assuming its going to be 5/5 Nyame, but maybe Ill be wrong.. :)
By Nariont 2023-02-04 17:16:42  
the dimi set above, just replace neck/wasit with bastok neck/sailfi belt probably
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-04 18:51:26  
Nariont said: »
the dimi set above, just replace neck/wasit with bastok neck/sailfi belt probably
You sure about that? Dimi is DEX based, not STR based like Reso.
By Nariont 2023-02-04 20:56:30  
Tarualex said: »
Anyone mind sharing their steel cyclone builds? I am assuming its going to be 5/5 Nyame, but maybe Ill be wrong.. :)
Replying with;
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-04 21:22:32  
Duuuuh! Way to go me! Sorry Nariont, completely missed the post before yours lmao xD
 Phoenix.Xax
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Xax 2023-02-05 16:22:34  
im assuming you want to hit these @ 2k tp? also looking for an updated resolution set unless its the same
By Nariont 2023-02-05 16:33:22  
Reso varies a bit as there are more aggressive sets for that, but also can leave you squishier too, plus reso and run just dont pair well due to atk penalty unless its on trash with buffs so dimi is typically going to match/outperform due to that
By RiggityWrekd 2023-02-06 00:13:49  
Reso varies a bit as there are more aggressive sets for that, but also can leave you squishier too, plus reso and run just dont pair well due to atk penalty unless its on trash with buffs so dimi is typically going to match/outperform due to that

Since I recently got lionheart I started using it in sortie and with buffs I'm hitting 40k-50k resolution on boss G. Before that I was doing less than 30k Dimidiation with Epeolatry. Buffs on sortie boss G are crooked chaos roll, dia 3 + light shot, SV HM Minuetx2 herculean etude.

Both weapons are not augmented yet and I know that Epeo damage augment is gonna help to catch up to Lionheart, but still Lionheart seems bonkers damage wise (as it should be considering the lack of defensive stats)

Also both ws sets are not amazing yet as I still have nyame r10-12 and using mostly adhemar +1 on resolution. It's hard to find some lustratio cursed items in my server.

I've also been using Lionheart in Ody C too and resolution deals a lot more damage compared to Dimidiation in Ody as well. Only annoying part is that I have to equip epeo to gather mobs and switch once they are slept so I lose some tp, but it's still worth it imho. This way you are a tank when you need to be a tank (i.e. haloes) and a DD when you need to be a DD.

Regarding reso sets, I was thinking that temper, nyame r25+, DA cape, Sherida earring, augmented coiste bodhar and epona's ring will bring you to about 70% DA, which should be enough get 8 hits consistently. This way you are also gearing up for max atk (I believe nothing beats augmented nyame atk exept for some empy+3 pieces) and you won't be squishy.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-02-06 06:03:17  
RiggityWrekd said: »

Since I recently got lionheart I started using it in sortie and with buffs I'm hitting 40k-50k resolution on boss G. Before that I was doing less than 30k Dimidiation with Epeolatry. Buffs on sortie boss G are crooked chaos roll, dia 3 + light shot, SV HM Minuetx2 herculean etude.

Both weapons are not augmented yet and I know that Epeo damage augment is gonna help to catch up to Lionheart, but still Lionheart seems bonkers damage wise (as it should be considering the lack of defensive stats)

Also both ws sets are not amazing yet as I still have nyame r10-12 and using mostly adhemar +1 on resolution. It's hard to find some lustratio cursed items in my server.

I've also been using Lionheart in Ody C too and resolution deals a lot more damage compared to Dimidiation in Ody as well. Only annoying part is that I have to equip epeo to gather mobs and switch once they are slept so I lose some tp, but it's still worth it imho. This way you are a tank when you need to be a tank (i.e. haloes) and a DD when you need to be a DD.

Regarding reso sets, I was thinking that temper, nyame r25+, DA cape, Sherida earring, augmented coiste bodhar and epona's ring will bring you to about 70% DA, which should be enough get 8 hits consistently. This way you are also gearing up for max atk (I believe nothing beats augmented nyame atk exept for some empy+3 pieces) and you won't be squishy.

Resolution has higher damage potential, especially with Lionheart. This is fairly common knowledge. Your damage was high because you received enough buffs to make it stronger than Dimidiation. Dimidiation caps off lower, but the damage is almost always steady/reliable and AM3 OA2~3 tends to make up the gap through weapon skill frequency.

As for sets, the community guide is still up to date. I'm glad you're enjoying your Lionheart and finding use in it though.
By RiggityWrekd 2023-02-06 06:47:07  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Resolution has higher damage potential, especially with Lionheart. This is fairly common knowledge. Your damage was high because you received enough buffs to make it stronger than Dimidiation. Dimidiation caps off lower, but the damage is almost always steady/reliable and AM3 OA2~3 tends to make up the gap through weapon skill frequency.

As for sets, the community guide is still up to date. I'm glad you're enjoying your Lionheart and finding use in it though.

I wrote that post just before seeing that the guide was updated with the new ws sets (which as I suspected are both full Nyame).

I was sceptical about Lionheart too at first but it's actually great for Sortie and Ody C with sub /drk where you can double as a DD and a tank when needed. I'm looking forward to trying it in Omen too.
By RiggityWrekd 2023-02-26 03:29:13  
any advice on Stoneskin set?

I'm guessing it's Temper set + Siegel sash but not too sure.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-02-26 06:27:55  

SS set won't be much like Temper set because you'll easily cap native SS potency via RUN's base enhancing skill/MND. So there will be no need for more skill+.

The Stoneskin enhancing gear available to RUN would be, as you said, Seigel sash, but also Stone Gorget, Stone Mufflers, Haven hose, and Earthcry earring.

It's worth noting the Stone Mufflers and Haven Hose are non item level pieces on primary slots, representing a major defensive drop.

Use discretion in deciding when it is safe to make such swaps. Possibly make two different SS sets, one for full potency and one for casting under fire.
[+]
By RiggityWrekd 2023-02-26 07:06:12  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

SS set won't be much like Temper set because you'll easily cap native SS potency via RUN's base enhancing skill/MND. So there will be no need for more skill+.

The Stoneskin enhancing gear available to RUN would be, as you said, Seigel sash, but also Stone Gorget, Stone Mufflers, Haven hose, and Earthcry earring.

It's worth noting the Stone Mufflers and Haven Hose are non item level pieces on primary slots, representing a major defensive drop.

Use discretion in deciding when it is safe to make such swaps. Possibly make two different SS sets, one for full potency and one for casting under fire.

Thanks a lot for the explanation!
By RiggityWrekd 2023-03-10 23:19:04  
What do you guys think of turms harness +1 as a hybrid tp/tanking piece?

It's only losing DT and some HP compared to ashera harness but nowadays you can easily cap DT in other ways.

Considering how rare is ashera harness, is turms +1 worth it? It even has more meva and MDB than ashera.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-03-10 23:24:57  
What do you guys think of turms harness +1 as a hybrid tp/tanking piece?

Don't use it for any of my hybrids sets, its an easy swap to make for 2STP to gain 7DT.

I do use it for AM3 sets when I am not worried about DT
By Nariont 2023-03-10 23:26:14  
I'd say at this stage to just make the surcoat+2/3, Turms is still nice as a offensive high meva piece with its STP though
By RiggityWrekd 2023-03-10 23:35:38  
I'd say at this stage to just make the surcoat+2/3, Turms is still nice as a offensive high meva piece with its STP though

erilaz surcoat for dd tanking? Isn't Nyame (if augmented enough) better for the DA?
By Nariont 2023-03-10 23:42:59  
Depends on how much the enmity retention is helping you, its overall better acc/atk than anything you have atm, with more HP aside from AF, with similar/better defensive stats
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-03-13 13:04:26  
I've not been impressed by the Empy+3 body at all. Tried using it in numerous situations like Aminon, V25 Arebati, etc. and always find myself coming back to the AF body instead. I'm not currently using it in any sets except my full acc/macc set for weaponskills like Armor Break.

As for DD sets, I'd say Turms and Nyame are both totally acceptable alternatives to Ashera. Even Ayanmo is ok if you don't need high defenses. If using Epeo AM3 and not in need of DT then Turms is probably significantly superior to the other two options.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-03-13 13:29:17  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
I've not been impressed by the Empy+3 body at all. Tried using it in numerous situations like Aminon, V25 Arebati, etc. and always find myself coming back to the AF body instead. I'm not currently using it in any sets except my full acc/macc set for weaponskills like Armor Break.

As for DD sets, I'd say Turms and Nyame are both totally acceptable alternatives to Ashera. Even Ayanmo is ok if you don't need high defenses. If using Epeo AM3 and not in need of DT then Turms is probably significantly superior to the other two options.

I guess the crappyness of the body is to make up for the amazing feet / legs.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-03-13 13:32:13  
Asura.Pergatory said: »

What do you mean "not impressed"? What were you expecting to see? It seems to me that the benefits of the empy body aren't going to be something you're going to actively see while you're tanking.

Here are the stats better on the empy body than AF:
Acc+14, attack+74, eva+28, MDB+3, Converts damage to MP, enmity retention while taking damage, set bonus+1% (if wearing other empy)
stats better on AF than empy:
meva+3

I really don't see it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 188 189 190