Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-02-23 12:41:39  
set initial segs once from the first packet you receive after zonein (initial_segs = total_segs - packet['Param 1'])

display current segs with math as well (current_segs = total_segs - initial_segs)

that will make double packets irrelevant and lost packets irrelevant as well, since you're still accurate as of the most recent packet

and record/check for the message id so you aren't triggering on messages that aren't the segment message
Code
local initial_segs;
local segmentMessageIds = { ???, ??? };

windower.register_event('incoming chunk',function(id,org,mod,inj,blk)
    local zone = windower.ffxi.get_info().zone
    if id == 0x02A and Ody_Zones:contains(zone) then
        local packet = packets.parse('incoming',org)
        if segmentMessageIds:contains(packet['Message ID']) then
            windower.add_to_chat(007,'Segs Updated')
            total_segs = packet['Param 2']
            if not initial_segs then
                initial_segs = total_segs - packet['Param 1'];
            end
            current_segs = total_segs - initial_segs;
        end
    end
end)

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-02-23 12:48:14  
KujahFoxfire said: »
i noticed every time i got duplicates that the sync numbers were the same so should fix that.

Not positive how that will work in a case where you are aoe killing, since both packet should show up at once which means the sync numbers likely match. Also note that when aoe killing large amounts, you don't necessarily receive a packet for every monster you killed, but the next packet after the aoe will still contain an updated total. There are quite a few reasons to do it via difference in total, rather than trying to track each change.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-02-23 12:54:32  
Can't wait for this to be fully working. Thank you Kujah and Thorny!

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Deridjian
サーバ: Odin
user: Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-02-23 13:56:39  
I stumbled upon this in the latest topics. I think I should mention this:
I've been writing an addon to help out people in Sheol for over a year now (on and off).
It's got an independent segment counter that handles duplicate and lost packets [sort of, see code, it's well commented], a resistance table that shows the current target's resistances against weapon types and elements (data from wikis, just use as orientation) and I've been currently working on a solution to make a map commando work which I think is almost done.

I've been talking to a few people about this before but didn't publish yet, cause for one debugging actual real use scenarios requires entering Sheol and sometimes a real run requires focus instead of debugging an addon and also I'm kinda still working on the maps, but I guess this is just about the moment to do so. From my point of view it's rather complete and I'd love if it's useful to people:
https://github.com/MarianArlt/sheolhelper
I realize there's still a few errors popping up in the console, but the functionality is there, so feel free to try it out!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-02-24 04:29:20  
Hi Deridjian, your idea sounds quite wonderful.
If you wanna cross reference some data for mobs weaknesses inside omen there's this post.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37379/lua-addon-ideas/21#3607064

Posting it in case you haven't seen it already.
 Odin.Deridjian
サーバ: Odin
user: Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-02-24 04:58:58  
Hadn't seen it indeed, thanks for the reference!
All the data I gathered comes ultimately from the same tables we all have been looking at these past months and existing data from wikis/projects. I'll eventually cross compare. I noticed over the many months we have Odyssey now, and also from being involved with some things before that:
- even the most basic resistances we know of any mob in this game are simply player observations, the most accurate ones through actual extensive in-game testing, it appears there's never been any real leaks of actual game data (as far as I'm concerned)
- people were extremely quick to state that Odyssey supposedly had unique additional weapon type resistances but when I asked on several platforms nobody had done actual extensive testing or could reference any such publications, only: yeah my Savage Blade sucks on this mob x
- tables started to pop up like bed bugs (and mostly for C apparently, stuff is slowly popping up for A and B on bgwiki)

I feel like this whole resistance thing is a rabbit hole that'll be super hard to ultimately confirm as only a few or no nerds will go into Sheol to do actual resistance testing...It's rather frustrating to be time gated like that when wanting to test and actually also play the game. Also maybe the observing person's WS.acc just sucks, maybe that person's M.Acc is awful on Lv135 mobs to land cruel joke. There's so many variables here. That being said if people started using my helper I'd be more than happy to adjust stuff based on actual testing or if some stuff should simply not be up to date with current observations! (I would guarantee there's mistakes in my resistance data, as it is just gathered info from the webs)

As an additional side note: My assumption in this addon is that mobs have their usual resistances (say a Roc is knowingly[debatable] weak to piercing and ice but strong against blunt, slashing and all other elements, but is also a bird in Odyssey so it gets an additional resistance to blunt from what the player base says, this would make blunt even worse than slashing already is)

Currently I'm trying to get maps done but also doing segs with a few friends lately, so alas...will take a bit of time sadly. Still hope it's useful for now, I'll keep updating the repository _( ._.)_
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-02-24 14:03:09  
do you also take suggestions for browser addons?
i don't trust AI but if there was one for FFXIAH that filters insults, condescending/down talking comments, repeating arguments without disproving counter arguments but for the sake of repeating oneself and ignoring valid arguments just cause they don't align with your position i'd give it a try.
[+]
 Sylph.Chocobro
サーバ: Sylph
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2022-02-24 16:01:37  
Shichishito said: »
do you also take suggestions for browser addons?
i don't trust AI but if there was one for FFXIAH that filters insults, condescending/down talking comments, repeating arguments without disproving counter arguments but for the sake of repeating oneself and ignoring valid arguments just cause they don't align with your position i'd give it a try.

I'd make one, but I feel like you'd have a similar experience by not looking at the forum at all.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-02-24 16:53:06  
even the shittalkers throw in a half decent argument here and there, it's just burried under so many layers of medicore trashtalk and it's so tedious to dig thru them.
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2022-02-24 17:12:31  
Start blocking em, it removes the clutter. Still see it in quotes but makes life easier.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-02-25 09:52:21  
I'm sure this was proposed already, but worth a bump.

Add floor warps in Sheol to SuperWarp. Those menus for going up floors are killers. Seems like it would be simple enough to add. I have a basic script for targetnpc and enter up enter, but sometimes if some other menu is up, it'll enter up enter into an inventory or spell list or something.

I'd love to just type //sw od a 2 and everybody go up.
 Asura.Bladework
user: Bladework
By Asura.Bladework 2022-02-25 12:12:47  
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
I'm sure this was proposed already, but worth a bump.

Add floor warps in Sheol to SuperWarp. Those menus for going up floors are killers. Seems like it would be simple enough to add. I have a basic script for targetnpc and enter up enter, but sometimes if some other menu is up, it'll enter up enter into an inventory or spell list or something.

I'd love to just type //sw od a 2 and everybody go up.

Been jonesing for this since Odyssey came out. I realize it probably isn’t simple and don’t want it to cheat the system and let you go up with aggro or something. I tried scripts and stuff too but I never got anything to work correctly. 100m to who can do this if you’re on Asura.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-02-26 07:18:15  
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
would absolutely love a random/shuffle playlist feature to setbgm

https://pastebin.com/GAjT2fCY

//setbgm random

I'll see if we can't get it added to the actual setbgm, but you can use this for now.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-02-28 10:19:16  
I'm not exactly sure where to put it, but I was wondering if whoever made the modified icon set that has colored bard songs etc, if they could put a tier level on the icon too somehow? like minuet 3, 4, 5 etc.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-02-28 10:27:53  
Not really, they share the same buff id.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-02-28 10:32:49  
damn, that sucks. sometimes I miss a song and it takes a sec to figure out which one. oh well.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-02-28 10:54:35  
Would it be possible to have an addon that appends mob IDs to the widescan mob listings, or is that info only sent when you target the mob directly?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-02-28 11:13:08  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Would it be possible to have an addon that appends mob IDs to the widescan mob listings, or is that info only sent when you target the mob directly?

Should be somewhat possible. For mobs, widescan packet normally displays them using the text in the dat. However, you could change the Type field to 0 so that it shows as a non-mob non-npc, which would allow you to specify the name in the packet. This will, unfortunately, also turn the dot blue. If you can use index(what most of the wikis call id anyway), that's already in the packet and you can just tack it onto the end of the name. Some names take close to the full 16 bytes, so if client can't handle increasing the packet size you would truncate the name to make space for the index. If you specifically need ID, that's a bit packed value you can technically calculate from index for mobs, though it's more characters and probably less viable as a result. Maybe a lot of considerations there, but it's not ultimately anything that couldn't be thrown together in a few minutes by anyone who followed the whole paragraph.

Obviously, it's also possible an addon with less side effects could be made by modifying memory to alter the way widescan displays it. That would require a skillset greater than most of the people writing addons possess and potentially take significantly more time, though.

I'm not really sure what the end goal of this would be, but my initial impression is that it's probably to simplify camping empyrean prerequisite NMs and other small fry with placeholders across a wide area. If that's the case, it might be cleaner and more useful to just keep a table of zone/indexes of known placeholders, and prefix the name the same way for only the placeholders. Then, you could have something like [PH]Crawler as the text, and it'd be easy to pick out because of the blue dot.

Another option is to just pull open a hex editor and add [PH] to the placeholder right in the zone name dat. Then it'll show up like that in both widescan and when you target it. That's something I used to do all the time in 75 era for identifying new NM placeholders or camping more effectively.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2022-02-28 11:30:20  
Asura.Geriond said: »

I have been working an addon that actually does widescanning with commands.

This would add 0xD0 index to the list of mobs to track. then you just call scan if the mob is found it sets the tracked mob to that mob.

example commands:
//hunt add 0xD0
//hunt scan

But there are some weird bits with setting and unsetting the tracked mob that I haven't resolved yet.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-02-28 14:45:22  
In FFXIV there's an addons that tells you if you have a mount or trust within the item text. Would it be possible to have that so that I don't make dumb decisions with leftover points on random mules as much?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-02-28 14:48:03  
At least for mounts, you can use //find to search for the associated key item.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-02-28 17:24:59  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
In FFXIV there's an addons that tells you if you have a mount or trust within the item text. Would it be possible to have that so that I don't make dumb decisions with leftover points on random mules as much?

spellcheck addon has a trust search command.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-02-28 19:03:11  
It would be great if there was a global chat channel like tradechat instead of the shout/yell system, especially on smaller servers like mine. I'm sure it can't be a thing, but it would be nice.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 28 29 30