Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST gear sets
BST gear sets
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-29 21:06:25  
Do you guys think there can be a situation where you would use a offensive pet setup while being idle yourself?

If yes, which weapons would you use? Astolfo for pet:+22atk or the axe with pet: double atk +3%
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-30 05:34:16  
Would love some comments on this:

ItemSet 299080

Not happy about the neck slot, but needed it to cap haste @ 25%

+25% haste
+12% double atk
+6% triple atk

I could change gloves to Miodio Gloves (+4% haste) and lots the +3% double attack on the nomkahpa mittens. This would free the neck slot so I could us a Rancor Collar in there for +5% crit rate.

That would give:+25% haste
+25% haste
+9% double atk
+6% triple atk
+5% critical

If I ever get my hands on the Twilight Belt I would ofcourse use it before Phos Belt, just not seeing it happen any time soon. At least I can farm gil for Phos Belt (even if it is incredible expensive).
By Toebag 2013-04-30 05:37:47  
Kareiyh Moufles has the extra haste you're looking for.
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-30 05:45:39  
I know, the question is if it is worth losing the +3% double attack to get +5% critical rate and +10% damage taken.

I really do not like the +10% damage taken on the Rancor Collar. There is a big chance the master will pull hate of the pet while building TP and getting some double/triple hits in. Not nice if yo get hit for 10% more and have to use your TP to do a Waltz instead of a TP.

Might be missing something, just stating my view.
 Asura.Jkun
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2013-04-30 05:50:40  
The "Augments Killer effects" on BST body+2 is pretty huge and partially offsets Rancor's DT+, I'd recommend getting the BST spreadsheet to see if Oce+1/Toci comes out on top with your current set.
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-30 06:33:19  
According to the spreadsheet this set is slightly better than the one I posted previously.

ItemSet 299080
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-30 07:57:21  
According to the spreadshet Ferine body does more for Ruinator than a STR body. Is this right and could anyone explain this?
By Chimerawizard 2013-04-30 08:01:29  
edit: wrong thread.
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-30 08:52:55  
Ok, so after checking out all items, asking around in LS and the information I got from here I decided on the following sets.

ItemSet 298743
Capped 50% bonus, filled up the rest with MND.

ItemSet 299016
As much as possible -(P)DT. The set is based on the master being idle.

ItemSet 299080
Capped 25% haste, filled up the rest with double/triple attack items.

ItemSet 299091
STR all the way.

ItemSet 299096
Not sure I will make this set, but might be worth it at a later stage. It is based on an idle master, with pet doing everything against easy mobs.

So, one more time. Any comments?
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-04-30 08:59:32  
For your Pet TP - Sigyn's Jambeaux and Skadi's bazubands +1
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-30 09:03:57  
Thanks Decimus. The problem is that I am not running any big end-game events at the moment. So they are a bit out of my reach.

When I have more time to join end-game events again I will make sure to get my hands on those (and some other pretty nice items).
By Chimerawizard 2013-04-30 09:05:31  
I think its fine. I don't see anything from NNI, Meebles(rare/ex), or Salvage v2 so I guess you don't have those to work with.
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-30 09:25:20  
You saw that right Chimera :)
 Cerberus.Pukushu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-04-30 11:15:50  
Siren.Attaxia said: »
Quote:
If you're meleeing with pet (and quite frankly, since they added Ruinator you should) capping Reward potency with Zoraal x2 is a real waste.
For every second you spend meleeing on BST there is another second you will spend standing back while your pet does battle. Since your TP is not of use when you are standing back, it is prudent in these situations to use the potency of Zoraal Ja's. The cap is 50%, so in order to maximize the amount cured you will need to remove other pieces (namely, Ferine earring and possibly Ogre gloves) and trade them off for MND.

I dont quite understand the logic in your proposed sets. You propose using Zoraal axe for reward which wastes tp for ruinator because you do too much dmg as melee and will need time off the target. But you propose the following tp set which mostly ignores pet damage.

Two things I dont understand. By tping and ws shouldnt you kill faster and lower the need for reward? And also if you have to spend time not meleeing (due to taking hate Im assuming) why wouldnt your tp set include more pet dmg items so that they could keep hate and therefore allow you to tp the entire time and keep your tp for ws. Again doing more damage over time and therefore lowering the need for using reward.

[/quote]

Skadi's bazubands +1 would be an upgrade to your set.

Also depending on where you are fighting working AF3+2 into a melee set for the killer effects may be a strong choice with merits.
 Siren.Attaxia
サーバ: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2013-04-30 13:08:41  
Cerberus.Pukushu said: »
I dont quite understand the logic in your proposed sets.
This set, to the best of my knowledge is MAX reward potency with disregard for stored TP. The OP acknowledged early on in the thread that he may need a seperate TP set for "meleeing Reward" and a set that disregards stored TP:
so I decided only to comment on the type of reward set that he had posted and asked for comments on. Since you have brought this up I will also suggest this set for Reward when meleeing alongside your pet:
ItemSet 208996
Quote:
You propose using Zoraal axe for reward which wastes tp for ruinator because you do too much dmg as melee and will need time off the target.
I was simply saying you will spend as much time meleeing as you will standing back. I'm not sure how you managed to draw this from my post.
Quote:
Skadi's bazubands +1 would be an upgrade to your set.
I know that. The OP stated the kind of gear they had access to and this set is based on pieces that are within their immediate grasp.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pukushu
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-04-30 15:02:02  
It makes more sense when you explain it that way. I was taking your advise in context of what you had quoted not in context of the op.
By Evenstar1907 2013-05-01 00:08:31  
Is there a way to make windower pick the right Astolfo (+MND) in a reward macro? With 2xEarth, 2xFire and a MND Astolfo it gets a bit annoying :D
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-05-01 00:24:36  
Long answer: No.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zangada
サーバ: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2013-05-02 07:47:59  
Evenstar1907 said: »
So my items will mostly come from AH, NMs you can solo/duo and/or do with shouts (Ferine set and so on).
I recommend you work towards this:
ItemSet 292965

Quote:
It wouldn't let me put the Karieyh Brayettes in here for some reason, but they are part of this ws set.
That's because the suggestion is spelled incorrectly, type it out correctly or add an [s] to the end and it will show up.

Why karieyh over nomkahpa?
 Siren.Attaxia
サーバ: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2013-05-02 08:50:39  
Bahamut.Zangada said: »
So my items will mostly come from AH, NMs you can solo/duo and/or do with shouts (Ferine set and so on).
I recommend you work towards this:
ItemSet 292965t

Quote:
It wouldn't let me put the Karieyh Brayettes in here for some reason, but they are part of this ws set.
That's because the suggestion is spelled incorrectly, type it out correctly or add an [s] to the end and it will show up.

Why karieyh over nomkahpa?
Cost and availability, the intention was to suggest an easy to build melee set with a decent ouput.
By maxdecphoenix 2013-05-18 21:43:25  
I might indeed make a different set for when I actually melee and need/want my TP. There are also certain situations where you can not melee and/or don't need the TP.

The Ferine Earring is pretty nice even when you do no consider using it for the reward bonus on it, so I guess I will end up farming for it anyway one day.

Edit: About the Monster Jackcoat +2 vs. Beast Jackcoat +1. There are so many different stories about those two. So both those items do exactly the same right?

Thanks for the comments.

I used Spellcast to do this set differention, since the two sets would be rather identical with the exception being the weapons, I based the rule on my distance from pet as when pet is soloing i'd, presumably, be further away. I think I set it at like 11' or something.

Basically, in my 'reward set', I plugged in just the equipment. In the 'reward' rule, i put an 'if petdistancegt11' equip zoroal/pallas shield or zoralax2. I'd post the code, but I lost it when HDD died a few months back and was just here checking on current equipment. I'll post when i finish.
By Chimerawizard 2013-05-18 21:56:33  
If possible make it distance from pet only when disengaged. I often switch to a new target as soon as I proc the first so I can get a head start trying to proc. sometimes my pet is >15 away from me.
By maxdecphoenix 2013-05-19 04:09:40  
Chimerawizard said: »
If possible make it distance from pet only when disengaged. I often switch to a new target as soon as I proc the first so I can get a head start trying to proc. sometimes my pet is >15 away from me.

Funny you brought this up because as soon as i posted that I started wondering why i never just based the rule off if i were engaged or not. I almost reposted to advise it might be best to just base it off engaged. However, I would say if you're going to base the rule off engaged or not, and forego worrying about distance.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [60 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Jicamakid
サーバ: Fenrir
user: JicamaKid
By Fenrir.Jicamakid 2013-07-18 13:22:47  
what path should we do with delve gear to level 15?
In new area need a lot acc so hands and feet went acc and dex and
legs, head, body went atk and str path so what do you think?
Also was wonder with all this new stuff out now 7/18/2013 what best gear to use for ruminator ws?
 Fenrir.Trump
user: trump
By Fenrir.Trump 2013-07-20 01:42:02  
I am a brand spanking new BST. I am very casual and play solo for the most part, so getting gear may be quite difficult due to time constraints. Mostly RARE and soloable gear is what I am after. I have a few questions since there is no real recent BST guide that I can utilize:

1. Would the new Forefront Axe be worthwhile to get as a BST since the item level is 106? I currently use Aalak's Axe which is ilvl 100.

2. Since AF3+2 may be out of my reach for a LONG while would it be okay to use Kariyeh for the time being? If I had to get AF3+2 which one would you recommend?

3. Thanks to the login event going on, I was able to snag Monster Gloves and Monster Gaiters. With the gloves +2, do I still need to max Beast Affinity 5/5 using old pets?

Basically I am one of those casual scrubs that can only really reive and do random content that does not take over an hour. Focused on being solo any recommendations on gear sets, pets to use, and soloable gearing methods would be helpful. Thanks everyone!
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2013-07-20 04:58:16  
1. I'd say it's a good swap - higher base damage (75 -> 83) and accuracy (5 -> 15) can't really hurt, not to mention having pets that are 6 levels higher. If you've got some bayld to spare it's quite a nice upgrade.

2. Karieyh armor is quite good, and looking at this data mine from the test server update, it's gonna get even better. Some pieces like body, legs and feet will be nice for TP and WS and act as a very nice stepping stone to future upgrades.

3. Do you have access to Dynamis - Xarcabard or Dynamis - Tavnazia to do the augmentation trial? If you have an iLvl 106 main hand axe and want to get the most from your pets you'll probably want either 3 Beast Affinity merits (w/Monster Gloves +2 augmented) or 4 Beast Affinity Merits (w/o the augment).

Good luck! :D
[+]
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2013-07-20 05:09:41  
Just to touch on Falkirk's post. You want 5/5 Beast Affinity + Monster Gloves +2 Augmented to increase your pet's level, and therefore his damage.

BST seals and +2 items are very easy to get as a BST. You need 3 atma's in Abyssea if you don't have them already. Ducal Guard, Mounted Champion, and Razed Ruins. With those 3 atmas, almost anything in Abyssea is soloable for you, regardless of gear.

AF3+2 legs should be your primary focus in terms of importance. They give Stout Servant +1 which means your pet takes less damage and they also give you Haste+7%. I use Karieyh legs for WS and Ferine Quijotes+2 for TP.

All of this can be done at a slow pace, as you said you have limited play time. Focus on doing Bastion in Aby-Misareaux (I find it the easiest) to buy your legs then work on seals, then the +2 item pieces for the legs.

Ducal Guard quest is very easy, just time consuming, so it will take you a few days to do. Don't get discouraged! It's well worth it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Trump
By Fenrir.Trump 2013-07-20 13:03:29  
Falkirk and Sthrnrebel thank you so much for the tips! Unfortunately I can only have two atmas at a time, and no Dynamis Xarcabard access yet. I am really just coming back into the game from a hiatus since 2004 with 2 months of poking in during when WoG and Abyssea was released. At most I may party with 2-3 other friends here and there to do some stuff. I am almost done with CoP which will help me get brutal earring and rajas... also I am one quest behind I believe to get Suppanomimi which I assume is still really good.

I will acquire some of the kariyeh gear for now and the axe to get me started. I also have a reward set randomly that I collected in my time of drooling to one day play a BST.

Lastly what pet do you recommend to solo with? Thanks again everyone for the help!
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2013-07-20 13:58:14  
The pet depends on what you are fighting. Most of the time, Falcor will be your best bet, but certain NMs require different pets to get by easier. Carabosse for example you'll want DipperYuly. Behemoth/Hadhayosh you will want GooeyGerard.

If you only have 2 Atma's, I'd recommend Ducal Guard/Mounted Champion. Razed Ruins merely speeds up the fights, the other 2 are for survivability.

As far as your comment on Suppa, yes it is still very much a good earring if you cannot get the Delve DD earring set. Brutal/Suppa is very nice to have.

Also, you may want to see about shouting/joining a shout for Beauc win if you have access on a day when you have time to sit down and do a 2hr run. Having Xarcabard access is amazing. Falcor's damage output with those hands + a ilvl100+ weapon is amazing, especially in Abyssea.

The best thing about BST is we can play both a turtle or a rabbit in terms of farming gear and being useful. If you go the turtle route (slow and steady), you can still kill things and farm easily enough, it just takes longer. Rabbit comes when you get the gear and the kills are still just as easy before you were geared, they just go faster.

I quit FFXI when the banhammer dropped and half my friends list got perma banned. I came back when the 95 cap was introduced and within a day of capping my BST at 95, I was already soloing a lot of NMs. Cirein-croin was my favorite solo because I felt like I had all this power at such an early stage to be able to solo a zone boss with such gimp gear. When I first started, the fights took around 35 minutes each using Dipper (Falcor wasn't released yet) and quite a few Eta biscuits. Now, I kill him in around 10-15min.
[+]
 Fenrir.Trump
By Fenrir.Trump 2013-07-21 14:24:45  
Thanks guys I have purchased the Forefront Axe and Karieyh set! I have been messing around in Abyssea La-Theine Worm parties(to get myself merits) using Lucky Lulush(FF was sold out :[). I will be working on Ducal Guard quests.

I have maxed out my axe merits and BA merits and am wondering where to go with the rest of the merits:

Is Killer Effect and Feral Howl worth meriting?

I was thinking of 5/5 Reward Recast, 5/5 Killer Effect from Group 1.
1/5 Feral Howl, 5/5 Beast Affinity, 4/5 Beast Healer from Group 2.

Does this look good? Lastly, I grabbed a Moepapa Stone and Oneiros Ring(banking on the datamines being correct for Karieyh set). I am having fun so far and appreciate all the help you two have given me so far. Any other tips are welcomed :)
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10