Final Fantasy - The Best And Worst?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Final Fantasy - The Best and Worst?
Final Fantasy - The Best and Worst?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13
By ScaevolaBahamut 2013-05-06 14:40:41  
Trema without using Catnip.
 Odin.Airius
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Airius
By Odin.Airius 2013-05-06 14:41:09  
I've been replaying the FF games and I'm up to FF12 so i have a fresh perspective on them at the moment.

- The best game? FFT
- The best lead character? FF11 :P
- The best support character? Vivi
- The game with the best music? FF9
- The game with the best battle and level system? FFT
- The best main storyline? FFT
- The worst main storyline? FF12 or FFTA both awful can't decide which is worse
- The best jobs? DRG any game
- The worst jobs? support jobs that never out way the benits of having another DD like bards in ff5.
- The biggest spam move ever? Attack
- The weakest party character ever? Going to take this question to mean weakest developed characters. Pick anyone from FF12 but balthier
- The best mini-game? Blitzball
- The worst mini-game? FF10 Lightning dodging
- The best tank character? PLDs
- The best damage dealing character? Cid - FFT
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2013-05-06 14:46:03  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'll concede Dark Magus. First time I met them didn't even know dark summons existed, Delta Attack on first round and oneshot all party.

Yeah, that was hilarious. I didn't even know the "light" Magus Sisters existed when I first met them. I was like oh sweet, a hidden boss. Okay, I can do this ... . . . . . . . . . .

99,999 x 18 or so later...
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-06 15:22:48  
FFI - Warmech
FFII - Emperor (End Boss)
FFIII - Cloud of Darkness (End Boss)
FFIII(DS) - Iron Giant
FFIV - Zeromus (End Boss)
FFIV(GBA/PSP) - Zeromus EG
FFIV(DS) - Proto-Babil
FFV - Neo Shinryu
FFVI - Kaiser Dragon
FFVII - Ruby Weapon
FFVIII - Omega Weapon
FFIX - Ozma
FFX - Nemesis (Penance for PAL/International versions)
FFX-2 - Trema
FFXI - Absolute Virtue (Pre-ZNM), Pandemonium Warden (Until update and level cap increase)
FFXII - Yiazmat
FFXIII - Barthandelus/Brynhildr (?)
FFXIII-2 - Caius Ballad/Yomi (?)
FFT - Velius

Anyone know the hardest NM to defeat in FFXI right now? I would have thought the Paramount Botulus and Gallu in Legion, but maybe a Delve NM is tougher?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-05-06 15:27:18  
FFT didn't have any super bosses unless you consider Serpentarius, but some random encounters could be much more difficult than any other encounter in the game.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-06 23:23:27  
So does anyone disagree with the above list? Also entries with (?) next to them means I am not absolutely certain which boss is the most difficult in that game.
 Carbuncle.Kurosaki
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: elbeeze
By Carbuncle.Kurosaki 2013-05-07 02:02:49  
- The best game? FF6/FFT
- The best lead character?
- The best support (Party) character? Vivi/ Vincent
- The most evil villain? Kefka
- The game with the best music?
- The game with the best battle and level system? FFT
- The greatest special ability? (2 hours, Limit Breaks, Overdrives, Trance etc.)
- The hardest boss fight ever? Chupon?(FF6) Ruby/Emerald(FF7) Omega(FF8)
- The hardest weapon to make?
- The best main storyline? FF6/FF8
- The worst main storyline? FF12
- The Best Job - MNK SAM NIN(FFT)
- The Worst job - BST(FFXI)
- The hardest quests to complete?
- The biggest spam move ever? (As in, you repeat the move constantly for an advantage) KofTR + Mimic/ Gogoo+Sabin(Bumrush)
- The biggest glitches that benefit you? item duplication
- The weakest party character ever? (Can be any character who you can "control" in a party) Strago/Relm
- The hardest end boss?
- The most useful magic spell ever? CURE
- The greatest summon/esper/eidolon? KofTR/Odin/Bahamut
- The best mini-game? FF7
- The worst mini-game?
- Best DD- Sabin
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-07 12:02:24  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
So does anyone disagree with the above list? Also entries with (?) next to them means I am not absolutely certain which boss is the most difficult in that game.

FF6 should be kaiser dragon, FF5 is Neo-Shinryu.

Based on what I can remember anyway.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-07 12:31:26  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

FF6 should be kaiser dragon, FF5 is Neo-Shinryu.

Based on what I can remember anyway.

Wasn't Neo-Shinryu only on the GBA or DS version? I was looking for the strongest on the original game.

Also yea Kaiser Dragon, I can't really be sure which is the hardest on FFVI because none of them were incredibly difficult, actually some of the regular battles were tougher.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-07 12:45:08  
Both where GBA exclusive heh
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-07 13:08:28  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Both where GBA exclusive heh

Added FFV and FFVI GBA versions. I think I will just keep the list as it is, because it can be difficult to determine the most difficult on certain FF as it may just come down to the player and what they have.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-07 13:09:44  
No need to differentiate, the game is the same game even with some extra content.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-07 13:24:14  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
No need to differentiate, the game is the same game even with some extra content.

Yea I suppose. Anybody wanting to play these older games would probably only play the newer versions anyway. Ill change the list.

Any thoughts on FFXIII and FFXIII-2? Also what about FFXI? Any of the newer NM that have yet to be defeated?
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-05-07 21:26:21  
Any thoughts on FFXIII and FFXIII-2?
All the marks and bosses can be beaten when you're leveled enough and with a decent strategy.

However, Gilgamesh and Valfodr (99) from XIII-2 deserve honorable mentions.
 Shiva.Mavre
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Mavre 2013-05-07 22:04:05  
Its hard for me to agree with Yiazmat for FFXII. Yes he is tough, but as long as you keep his regen dispelled, you can come and go as you please and his health stays where it was the last time you fought him. For me it has to be Omega. Having to get to him is bad enough, but once you are there its either kill him or walk alll the way back to him and try again.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-07 22:28:22  
Reading up on Omega it does sound pretty difficult. I never got to those bosses on my save, so would anyone agree with Mavre?
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2013-05-07 22:34:14  
FF13 horable good graphics kinda liked story line game play was ***i like to explore in these games cant do that in 13 -.-
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-05-07 22:43:50  
Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
FF13 horable good graphics kinda liked story line game play was ***i like to explore in these games cant do that in 13 -.-
*sigh* Yes, it was a bit more linear, but it had a lot of post-game and once you reached Gran Pulse, there was much to do.

Also, horrible.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-08 12:48:28  
I am going to add Omega alongside Yiazmat, as it can be pretty difficult.

Next question coming soon.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-08 13:14:16  

The Most Beneficial Glitches?

Everyone loves a challenge. However sometimes, players get bored with the normal difficulty of a game and turn to cheats, bugs and glitches to make things a little easier.

Some of these glitches are crazy, due to being so beneficial it can break the game. They can be very fun to mess around with though, it's just how gaming is. So what are the most beneficial glitches in all of Final Fantasy?? Bare in mind, even those glitches that have been fixed are eligible.

If you want to research and have a good look into the world of FF exploitation, go to this link.
List of Bugs and Glitches.

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-09 04:08:39  
I wouldn't say Salvage glitch is beneficial since it led to mass banning lol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-10 14:27:58  
It was very beneficial to those players who used it though :) Until SE clocked on obviously.

Anyone else want to say what the most useful glitch in FF is/was?
 Lakshmi.Mineyl
user: Mineyl
By Lakshmi.Mineyl 2013-05-10 15:11:24  
The JP scroll glitch in the original Final Fantasy Tactics is crazy useful if you don't like to grind high-JP jobs. Any of the item duplications bugs that have been present throughout the series tend to be, as well, due to the prevalence of single copy items. In fact, you're only ever meant to have one copy each of the two best katana in Final Fantasy Tactics, weapons which are prone to breaking and disappearing from your inventory when used with samurai's draw out ability, but duplicating them shoots the class significantly up the class ladder in usefulness as they can then cause instant mass AoE magic damage and buff 13 cells at once with Regen and Haste without repercussion.

I suppose another useful one would be the "Peninsula of Power" from the original Final Fantasy, where the encounter radius of the northern continents spills into the lower, much earlier continents in the southeastern hemisphere. It allows you to acquire massive amounts of EXP and gold by fighting late game enemies only a couple of hours after starting a new game. Its glitch/oversight status is questionable, though, seeing as they left it in in ALL of the game's remakes. A similar phenomenon is in Final Fantasy II, but due to the way that game's leveling system works, going to its equivalent is usually a death sentence and only worth it for the comparatively large amounts of gil that can be won (unless you want to gauge the strength of your party to find out if they're able to handle the encounters on the way to Mysidia where you can buy equipment that lets you curbstomp the rest of the game, of course!).
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-05-11 12:35:55  
Lakshmi.Mineyl said: »
The JP scroll glitch in the original Final Fantasy Tactics is crazy useful if you don't like to grind high-JP jobs.
Only thing that sucks about that one, you couldn't use it on jobs that had one page or less of abilities. :(
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2013-05-11 12:37:41  
The FF2 target/cancel bug was what made that game playable at all. I'd say that's a strong contender for "most beneficial".
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-05-11 17:21:50  
Best music as judged by sawtelle:

Categorys: Battle, boss, chocobo, "slow" song(i'll explain), general, Honorable mentions
rules: In game music only. No piano collections :/.

Battle: FF6 most lyrical, keeps you hyped. Runner up:8

Boss: FF9 Dat' baseline, moving upper end for good hype, transitions through sections (important assuming bosses are going to loop more than random battles).

Chocobo: This ones hard because there are multiple criterion that can be used (one of which being personal favorite genre of music which is very hard to avoid). I personally feel FF7 does Cinco de Chocobo best in terms of musical technique, but not enough that I can make it a clear winner. 10 is possibly done poorest as it doesn't get that "big band feel" that I'm pretty sure its attempting to go for; however again not enough to make a decisive call on. All in all I consider this a category a draw.

"Slow" song: These are basically songs that I feel there is a parallel in the games. FF6=Celes' theme, FF7=Aerith's Theme, FF8=Eye's on me, FF9=melodies of life, FF10=Suteki Da Ne. I can't really be objective on this one. I can't hear Eyes On Me w/o hearing the piano collection's version which is one of my personal favorite songs to play; thus I'm calling them all equal.

General: I'm giving this one to 9. Treno, Eternal harvest, not alone, roses of may, Vamo alla Flamenco, jesters of the moon. The entire soundtrack is solid. Other games have lots of good music (Pretty sure I'd have 10 coming in second), but 9 really just nails it.

Honorable mention: FF7 has this one. 1 Winged Angel is hands down the most famous final fantasy song in existence. Runners up (and in this category, I have to use the term lightly because 1WA is THAT popular) in decreasing order: Kefka's theme, Battle on the big bridge, to zanarkand.

Conclusion: I have to give it to 9 for general excellence. If I ranked every song and added them up, I think 9 would pull ahead based on the sheer number of songs. Further support (and in fact, probably better support than my opinion) is that Nobuo Uematsu personally believes FF9 to be his best work for the series. FF7 looses it due to having a few really good songs but a lot of meh(by FF standards) songs. 6/8/10 all have solid soundtracks that don't quite beat 9's consistency.
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-05-12 18:50:52  
Odin.Sawtelle said: »
1 Winged Angel is hands down the most famous final fantasy song in existence.
I beg to differ.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-05-12 18:52:44  
This is how you do it (when the embedding isn't disabled)

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-12 19:15:31  
Apologies for not keeping up with this over the last few days. I think the most useful glitch would be Item Duplication in any of the games. I will ask another question laters.
 Asura.Escorian
サーバ: Asura
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2013-05-12 19:44:49  
- The best game? Final Fantasy 4
- The best lead character? Terra
- The best support character? (Basically any good character who you can party with, who is NOT the lead character. I do not mean support like a Mage.) Kain
- The most evil villain? Kefka
- The game with the best music? FF4
- The game with the best battle and level system? FF5
- The greatest special ability? (2 hours, Limit Breaks, Overdrives, Trance etc.) Limit Break attacks from FF6 (Yes I mean 6)
- The rarest item ever? Pink Tail FF4
- The rarest fight? Pink Puff FF4
- The best main storyline? FF4
- The worst main storyline? FF8
- The best jobs? Dragoon + Blue Mage
- The worst jobs? Ranger + Berserker
- The most pointless quests ever? any that have you talk to someone that is right near that person.
- The hardest quests to complete? Knights of The Realm FF7
- The biggest spam move ever? (As in, you repeat the move constantly for an advantage) Flare FF4
- The biggest glitches that benefit you? FF4 unlimited items glitch
- The weakest party character ever? (Can be any character who you can "control" in a party) Edward or Harley from FF4TAY
- The most useful magic spell ever? Flare
- The greatest summon/esper/eidolon? Bahamut
- The best mini-game? Blitzball
- The worst mini-game? The summon Minigames from FF4 DS
- The best tank character. (PLD, High defense etc.) Cecil
- The best damage dealing character Kain
- The best magic support character (WHM, cures etc.) Rosa
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13