Final Fantasy - The Best And Worst?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Final Fantasy - The Best and Worst?
Final Fantasy - The Best and Worst?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13
 Bismarck.Leneth
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Leneth 2013-04-30 05:18:34  
- The best lead character? Zidane
- The best support character? (Basically any good character who you can party with, who is NOT the lead character. I do not mean support like a Mage.) - Yuna Best paced personality Development Through the Journey
- The best villain? Yagudos Diversity in personalities
- The game with the best music? FFX
- The game with the best battle and level system? FFX-2 (Combos when attacking at the right Time and learning by using abilities)
- The greatest special ability? (2 hours, Limit Breaks, Overdrives, Trance etc.) Chaos-D
- The hardest boss fight ever? AV
- The rarest item ever? Krakenclub
- The best main storyline? FFX
- The worst main storyline? FFXII
- The best jobs? Summoners
- The hardest end Boss? Shadow Lord (cap 50)
- The most useful magic spell ever? Cure and raise
- The greatest summon/esper/eidolon? Anima
- The best mini-game? Blitzball FFX
- The worst mini-game? Rope jump FFIX
By Artemicion 2013-04-30 06:28:23  
Okay, I'll bite.

Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-30 12:46:06  
YouTube Video Placeholder

This looks like the hardest end boss fight to me. I am going to watch Cloud of Darkness and Emperor too.

I don't feel like Necron was the hardest boss, I mean, it was difficult if you didn't know what status effects it does, but if you know it is pretty easily prepared for.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-30 13:06:37  
Necron wasn't hard. CoD was rage-quit-inducing.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-30 13:15:17  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Necron wasn't hard. CoD was rage-quit-inducing.

Yea I just watched that fight. It seems you are required to have two high level WHMs, and the guy used Ninjas with Shurikens. The FF2 fight isn't a pushover, but it looks like CoD or Zeromus wins this.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-30 13:29:38  
This is what people have stated so far on this question:
Weigraf / Velius
Kefka
Zeromus(PS1)
Cloud of Darkness
Necron
Shadow Lord

I beat Kefka lately, and did it really easily. It was so easy I was disappointed, and was my first playthrough. Despite it being easy, he instantly became one of my favourite bad guys.

Zeromus was never overly difficult for me either, and I have seen other people say Zeromus isn't that difficult.

However I have yet to see anybody say Cloud of Darkness isn't a challenge. Would anyone dispute CoD being the hardest last boss of all FF?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-30 13:31:19  
Shadow Lord was a joke, Archlich was harder.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-30 13:48:30  
YouTube Video Placeholder

I was convinced that CoD is the hardest after watching this.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-04-30 14:15:16  
Mmk, here we go
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-30 14:33:34  
I really cannot see anyone disputing that Cure is the most useful magic spell in all of FF?

Watch this: Cure Glitch
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-30 14:37:11  
Meh, I always spammed potions lol, Aura in 8 was op.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-30 14:38:59  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Meh, I always spammed potions lol, Aura in 8 was op.
I would use squall and zell spamming their limit breaks for damage and Quistis could just white wind to whenever they needed hp.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-30 14:41:32  
Yea in some games at certain points cure becomes useless, but in the majority of any FF, cure will be used at some point by the average player :)

Also asked my dad this question, and he said "Errrrrm... Cure! Of Course."
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-30 14:42:36  
I don't feel like considering it the most useful when it can be replaced, but that's just me.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-04-30 14:45:27  
Best for nostalgia sake gotta be the first. I remember late night, trying to unlock advanced classes, getting fancy "glowy" looking swords. I played that game on NES till the battery ran down. Had a huge map and beastiary with armor/weapon charts. I was a kid then, but it was the biggest world I ever got to pretend to be in then.

Worst, 13. I mean, I'd put X-2 before 13, if only that it atleast let me play in a world I enjoyed.

Even at the beginning I remember the characters explaining the goings on, using obscure words that sounded like the same words.... to me the dialogue was like...

"The kumquats and the unkumquats kumquated the quats, and that's why we hafta save the world!"
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-30 14:45:34  
Hmm I sort of see your point, but the spell "cure" is not just the standard cure spell. Any other ability, whether it is an enemy skill, is still regarded as a cure spell. The only other form of healing that I don't see as a cure spell are potions, and I would normally use a cure in a game anytime over a potion, simply because I could sell the potion and MP costs nothing.

What other spell could beat cure?

Reraise?
 Asura.Thannatos
user: Thannatos
By Asura.Thannatos 2013-04-30 15:40:38  
Hardest end boss?
I'd like to say Pandemonium Warden circa 2008.
By Gimp 2013-04-30 15:58:38  
i can only think of haste being a close competitor to cure as it was vital for winning some fights.

in the same light why cerberus of ff8 was a great summon to have for boss fights although not the same thing
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-30 16:03:45  
Although PW was one of the hardest bosses ever, he was not the "last boss", as FFXI has never really had an end boss since the early days when Shadow Lord was regarded as such.
 Odin.Gosuapple
サーバ: Odin
user: gosuapple
By Odin.Gosuapple 2013-04-30 16:03:52  
You're all a bunch of ***... do you have any idea how much time I'm gong to have to spend going back and playing through old Final Fantasies now?

Also as much as I love the game I can't believe no one is saying theatrhythm for worst story. Seems like a no brainer.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-30 16:04:40  
Gimp said: »
i can only think of haste being a close competitor to cure as it was vital for winning some fights.

in the same light why cerberus of ff8 was a great summon to have for boss fights although not the same thing

I thought of this too, but I cannot think of any other spell being used more by the average player then some form of the Cure spell.
 Asura.Thannatos
user: Thannatos
By Asura.Thannatos 2013-04-30 17:59:03  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Although PW was one of the hardest bosses ever, he was not the "last boss", as FFXI has never really had an end boss since the early days when Shadow Lord was regarded as such.

Yeah, I mostly thinking of hardest optional boss.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-04-30 20:32:04  
just wanted to add that Star Ocean: Til the End of Time kicked the *** out of any Final Fantasy game. kbye!
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-30 20:37:59  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
just wanted to add that Star Ocean: Til the End of Time kicked the *** out of any Final Fantasy game. kbye!

There may be hope for you as a human being yet
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-04-30 20:49:29  
my cat's name is Ameena
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-01 12:31:32  
Adding Cure as the most useful magic spell as the majority have stated so. The next question will be posted soon!
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-01 12:53:45  

The worst job class ... ever?

I have seen a few answers here already, and I keep seeing a recurring pattern.

Mime
Geomancer
Bard
Dancer
Blue Mage
Puppetmaster.
Calculator

There are others that were mentioned, but these seem to crop up the most.
As someone who enjoys a job class to be unique, Mime to me, considering all it can do is Mime attacks, does have its uses, but is extremely boring and took no brain power to create.

Bard however, in certain games, are absolutely atrocious, whereas in other games like FFXI, Bard is a class which is required for anything difficult.

Geomancer is virtually useless in FF Tactics, and from what I have seen in FFXI, its not quite up there yet as an absolutely required job for any given party.

Blue Mage is the same, whereas in some games it is really bad, it all depends on the spells you can get from the enemies. Enemy Skill materia was overpowered in FFVII, but the game never included a job system. Gau in FFVI could be useful if you knew how to use him correctly, however his randomness as a character made him weaker.

Puppetmaster is never really been a job class of its own until FFXI. In the beginning, it was a really weak job, but in recent times, any serious PUP can deal out good damage and be versatile.

As someone who has never played Tactics (Although this thread tempts me to do so more and more), this is the description of Calculator.

"The Arithmetician), also known as Calculator, is a Job class from Final Fantasy Tactics. A high-level magic class, the Arithmetician use Arithmeticks ("Math Skill" for the PlayStation version) can cast most magick for free and without a Charge Time, assuming they already know the spell and they can do the right calculations for it. Calculations are done by choosing a condition, like Level, then choosing a number, like 5.

With those conditions, Arithmeticians will cast a selected spell targeting all units (allies and foes) whose level is a multiple of 5. To counter their powerful abilities, Arithmeticians suffer from having fairly low Magick attack power among the mage classes and the lowest Speed rating in the entire game, and other units may take many turns before the Arithmetician's even comes up. An easy way to counter this is to send the unit on errands."

As players who like to get away from the thought of doing math in school/at work, having a class that encourages you to do math sounds pretty annoying. Not to much mention its poor stats.

If I had to pick three classes, it would be Mime, Geomancer and Calculator. What do you think?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-01 12:56:27  
Blue mage and Arithmetician are not useless at all.

Bard is very strong in a few games(including xi).

Geomancer isn't bad in tactics and in xi, it's bad in 3.

To me, mime and animist are worthless.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-01 12:58:57  
Animist

he Animist is a recurring Job, exclusive to Moogles, that has appeared in the Ivalice game series. A supportive class, Animists use Instruments to call on the power of animals to aid them in battle to cause a wide range of effects. Some of their skills include Chocobo Rush, Cuisine, and 100% Wool.

So I guess these special abilities are completely trounced by the other job classes?
 Asura.Abysswalker
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-05-01 12:59:12  
Gonna have to go with Mime.. or Calculator. (extremely OP when played right but sucks *** when it isn't)
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13