Final Fantasy - The Best And Worst?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Final Fantasy - The Best and Worst?
Final Fantasy - The Best and Worst?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-02 16:18:33  
What are the rarest monsters in FF12 13 and 13-2?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2013-05-02 16:21:00  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

The worst job class ... ever?

Calculator

I think it's too late now, I just want to say that the Calculator's math skill is probably the best ability in the entire game, or at least in the top 3. If you're not lazy, you can end most battles in a matter of minutes.
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-05-02 16:24:08  
Final Fantasy XIII-2:
Xolotl and Miquiztli.

They are found on a specific platform toward the end of the final map and have about a 5% chance of spawning. You need to kill these two in order to obtain all trophies in the game. The *** of it is, if you encounter the other monster on this platform, you've ruined all chance of running into them and must restart the level from scratch.

I went into the fight without any MEDs in my Paradigm and almost died. Was not expecting them to be that tough.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-02 16:27:26  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »

The worst job class ... ever?

Calculator

I think it's too late now, I just want to say that the Calculator's math skill is probably the best ability in the entire game, or at least in the top 3. If you're not lazy, you can end most battles in a matter of minutes.

Yea we discussed this and it was decided not to include it. Check out the second post on the first page for results.

Also thanks Xenophire. So you reckon those bosses are as tough to find as the others mentioned on the previous page?
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-05-02 16:33:32  
Their location is blatantly obvious and most guides note it, just the encounter rate sucks.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-05-02 16:35:54  
With the internet no monster is hard to find anymore :/ Takes some mystery out of the games but it's also very helpful for completionists.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-02 16:44:36  

Level 99 Red chocobo in ff12
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-02 16:59:26  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Leoheart you beat me to it! I was reading one of the entries from a previous page, and looked up the chances of seeing Red Chocobo. Of course there is a method to "help" it to spawn more often, but without this knowledge, the chances of seeing this is zero.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-02 17:00:46  
Ragnarok.Xenophire said: »
Their location is blatantly obvious and most guides note it, just the encounter rate sucks.

If the encounter rate is really that bad, I should include the other one that spawns on that platform as well.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-02 17:14:20  
I think another encounter I would consider pretty rare is that of Pupu from FFVIII.

Without actual knowledge of the encounters needed to enter this "battle", it is likely most players (back in the day when a lot of people did not have the internet) would never see Pupu.
I remember people saying at my school that Pupu existed, and you could meet him, but no one would believe them and assumed they were making it all up.

Should Pupu be included as one of the rarest encounters ever?

[+]
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-05-02 17:33:51  
Previous to guides, sure. But, once people knew where he was, you could pretty much secure his encounters.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-02 17:46:05  
Yea I suppose the rarest encounters need to be difficult to find for any player at any time.

This brings my list to this so far.

FF1 - Warmech
FFII - Iron Giant
FFIII - Dragons in Crystal Tower
FFIV - Flan Princess
FFV - Stingray
FFXI - Voluptuous Vilma
FFXII - Red Chocobo (99)
FFXIII-2 - Xolotl, Miquiztli, Tezcatlipoca

What about FFII, V, VI, VII and IX?
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-05-02 17:46:14  
I'd like to throw out a new question:

What's your favorite sub-final/final boss fight music? Music that really gets your adrenaline goin'?

Mine:

This one as well:

Edit: Just realized, I had the names mixed up. Tez was the pain in the arse.

IX:
They're not really 'rare' but they deserve honorable mentions, the Friendly Enemies!
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-02 18:06:46  
Going to add the rarest monster from FFII, the Iron Giant.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-02 18:10:49  
FFV was the Crystal Dragon in the Rift or the stingray (It was needed to learn Mighty Guard as blue mage) It has a very specific encounter spot and was deemed pretty rare in general even in the correct spot.

FFVII's rare encounter was most likely the "movers" in the Northern cave, they would only appear in that area with all the water and vines in.
They gave a substantial amount of AP when defeated and look like orange balls.

FFX's rarest monster was probably the regular tonberry's in that cavern you get Yojimbo after the calm lands.

As for, 2, 6 and 9, you got me, no clue honestly.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-02 18:14:51  
Well I determined FF2 was the Iron Giant. The Stingray was one I had looked at but was not sure on its rarity. Apparently Movers are already pretty rare in FFV?

I can't really see the Movers in FF7 being rare enough to include them, as I would often farm them at the end of my game, as did lots of others people. They were easy to miss on a first play through, but anyone actively looking for them could do so quite easily while doing pots.

Tonberry in FFX? I don't remember seeing one. Interesting...
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-05-02 18:18:51  
Please, after using W-Item glitch, it was all about farming Magic Pots. Let's not overlook Master Tonberry! Ribbon farming!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-02 18:20:00  
Well yea, it was all about magic pots, but if some movers came along, they were pretty good for AP as well. Anyway, going to add Stingray to the list.. checking out the other ones Leo said.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-02 18:23:30  
As for Pupu in FF8, provided you were at the correct location, I believe you could switch on No encounters and still have it appear while not encountering anything else, makes it less tedious.

I did infact have trouble finding Blue Dragons in that game however, Dragon fangs were needed to have lionheart crafted and they almost always exclusive to Trabia plains or Island closest to hell on the world map.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-02 18:37:45  
Yea I don't think Crystal Dragons are that rare, but the tonberry one may be the rarest battle in FFX. Can anyone confirm this? I think I only ever fought one, maybe two ever.
 Asura.Abysswalker
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-05-02 18:38:36  
Tonberries are common in Omega Ruins in FFX.. or at least they were for me.

Edit: But the ones in there were Master Tonberries.. not sure if you meant the normal Tonberry..
[+]
 Ragnarok.Allslove
user: Allslove
By Ragnarok.Allslove 2013-05-02 18:38:58  
- The best game?
A tie between Final Fantasy IV and VI

- The best lead character?
Cecil Harvey

- The best support character? (Basically any good character who you can party with, who is NOT the lead character. I do not mean support like a Mage.)
Celes

- The most evil villain?
Kefka, of course

- The game with the best music?
Tactics, IV, VI

- The game with the best battle and level system?
Tactics

- The greatest special ability? (2 hours, Limit Breaks, Overdrives, Trance etc.)
FF8's Limit Break

- The hardest boss fight ever?
Those synthetic monsters from FFX you can make at the end of the game in that giant field area.

- The rarest item ever?
That damn lance from FFXII that vanishes from the game if you so much as look at a certain treasure chest the wrong way.

- The rarest fight?
Pink Flan

- The hardest weapon to make?
Any of the Weapons from FFXIII. That gear system was awful.

- The best main storyline?
FFIV

- The worst main storyline?
FFII

- The best jobs?
Paladin, Dragoon, Dark Knight, Arithmetician (Calculator)

- The worst jobs?
Chemist

- The most pointless quests ever?
Ask again later {/8ball}

- The hardest quests to complete?
Adamant Armor from FFIV

- The biggest spam move ever? (As in, you repeat the move constantly for an advantage)
Knights of the Round + Double Cast + Mime

- The biggest glitches that benefit you?
Item Duplication from US version of SNES FFII (IV-J). Throwing Excalibur like it's my job.

- The weakest party character ever? (Can be any character who you can "control" in a party)
The Ghost from the Haunted Train in FFVI. Even Edward got useful-ish in the later remakes.

- The hardest end boss?
Ultimecia. *** would not die.

- The most useful magic spell ever?
Other than Cure... SNES version of FFIII (VI-J) combo of Vanish + X-Zone.

- The greatest summon/esper/eidolon?
Bahamut

- The best mini-game?
FFVII's Chocobo Racing

- The worst mini-game?
FFIX's Tetra Master

- The best tank character. (PLD, High defense etc.)
FFIV DS version's Cecil, with the proper augments, made your party nearly invincible for most of the game.

- The best damage dealing character
Tactics' "Thunder God" Cid.

- The best magic support character (WHM, cures etc.)
Rosa. She could cure and ranged DD with the best of them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-02 18:44:07  
Asura.Abysswalker said: »

Edit: But the ones in there were Master Tonberries.. not sure if you meant the normal Tonberry..

Yea we meant the normal tonberry. I must have never fought the normal tonberry then.
Isn't there a thing in the FFX battle arena where you need to encounter every enemy to unlock something?
 Asura.Abysswalker
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-05-02 18:48:04  

Yea we meant the normal tonberry. I must have never fought the normal tonberry then.
Isn't there a thing in the FFX battle arena where you need to encounter every enemy to unlock something?
Wiki says Tonberries lurk in Cavern of the Stolen Fayth. Can't remember if I ever saw one there. ><; I'd pop in my disc but no clue where it even is.

And yes, there was.
After collecting at least one of each fiend from the Calm Lands, which allows the Keeper to reopen the Arena, a chest will appear which contains Yuna's Celestial Weapon, Nirvana.
After collecting at least one of each fiend from Mt. Gagazet, the Keeper will give the player the Blossom Crown, which is necessary to obtain the Magus Sisters. Obtaining the Magus Sisters is a prerequisite for obtaining the Moon Sigil, which is needed to fully activate Yuna's Nirvana.
Once a total of 10 monsters have been bred in the Area and Species Conquests, the Keeper will give the Mars Sigil, which is needed for Auron's Celestial Weapon, Masamune.
After collecting four of every dragon monster, the Keeper will give the player 99 Purifying Salts, which can be used to customize No Encounters onto an armor. This can be helpful for obtaining the Venus Sigil, which is used to upgrade Lulu's Celestial Weapon, Onion Knight.

Most of the monsters in there were a lot stronger than anything else in the game. lol
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-02 18:48:34  

Aye normal tonberry, might not be true, but I remember spending hours upon hours farming 10 of them for the stupid Colosseum :<
 Odin.Trelan
サーバ: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2013-05-02 19:05:29  
- The best game?
FF6

Ramza

- The best support character? (Basically any good character who you can party with, who is NOT the lead character. I do not mean support like a Mage.)
Yuna(ffx for summons duh!)

- The most evil villain?
Kefka(no contest)

FFX

FFT(loved the JA glitch)

- The greatest special ability? (2 hours, Limit Breaks, Overdrives, Trance etc.)
Omnislash

Wiegraf

- The rarest item ever?
Pink Puff(ffv)

- The rarest fight?
Pink Slime(ffv)

Excalibur II(really how can you enjoy the game like that...)

FFX(it was so good, I even played FFX-2 through to 100% to get Tidus back)

FFXIII

- The best jobs?
RDM(ffxi), DRK, BLM, SMN, SQUIRE!

- The worst jobs?
Mediator

Turtle Paradise Posters(hello morph)

Battle arena in the Calm Lands FFX

- The biggest spam move ever? (As in, you repeat the move constantly for an advantage)
KOTR paired with fun materias and Mime

FFT JA glitch

- The weakest party character ever? (Can be any character who you can "control" in a party)
Edgar the worthless bard

- The hardest end boss?
Seriously? IDK, as a completionist, is any end boss hard after you have everything?

Ultima

KOTR

- The best mini-game?
Blitzball

- The worst mini-game?
jump rope...

Cecil

Gua is broken!

er... Rosa?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2013-05-02 21:37:14  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

Aye normal tonberry, might not be true, but I remember spending hours upon hours farming 10 of them for the stupid Colosseum :<

I'd say they were definitely the rarest. I too went to the hassle of maxing out the Monster Arena and finding all of them gave me nightmares.

EDIT: The second rarest monster I found was that golden bird on the Djose path (right after Operation Mi'ihen). EDIT2: This one
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-02 21:55:56  
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

I'd say they were definitely the rarest. I too went to the hassle of maxing out the Monster Arena and finding all of them gave me nightmares.

EDIT: The second rarest monster I found was that golden bird on the Djose path (right after Operation Mi'ihen). EDIT2: This one

Pops every 21-24 hours :3
 Bahamut.Kiralai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kiralai
By Bahamut.Kiralai 2013-05-02 22:32:36  
- The best game?
FFIX, on the basis that it gives me the most feels. FFX was a really positive experience for me overall as well, although Seymour was lame.

Zidane.

Yuna, because she essentially made herself the main character anyway. Also Balthier, because Balthier.

- The most evil villain?
Kefka.

FFIX. 'Suteki da ne' from FFX was the business though, too. I'm big enough of a nerd that it's likely going to be my first dance song when I finally have my wedding ceremony. (I'm already married though.)

FFX... Dat sphere grid.

Trance.

Ozma, of the ones I can remember. I didn't make a habit of fighting the optional super-bosses though.

- The rarest item ever?
For me? Feels like Mekira Meikogai. PUNCH KAGGEN. (Can I even use FFXI? Screw it, I'm using FFXI anyway.)

- The rarest fight?
Nothing comes to mind.

Mythics. I'm biased.

I really liked FFX.

Of the ones that actually had extensive storylines, FFXII was pretty underwhelming.

- The best jobs?
Dragoon and Summoner.

- The worst jobs?
Alchemist/Chemist.

Pass, nothing comes to mind.

Duties, Tasks, and Deeds. /headdesk

Knights of the Round.

Can't think of any.

For me it was Aeris, because I KNEW.

- The hardest end boss?
I don't recall any of them being particularly hard.

Warp/Warp II in FFXI.

Alexander. FFIX, those feels, etc.

- The best mini-game?
I was kinda hooked on the card game in FFIX.

- The worst mini-game?
THE JUMP ROPE.

Cecil or Steiner. They're the only ones that really come to mind as PLDs...

I remember doing a lot of damage with one of Irvine's moves in FFVIII. I don't remember what it was called, but I remember popping some kind of "enrage" meds and just spamming bullets. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I tried Googling it, but didn't come up with anything right away and got lazy.

WHM in FFXI. THEY DO GOD'S WORK.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-03 15:28:10  
I cannot say that any of the FFX monsters are rare enough to make the list. As I can remember getting ten of every monster for the arena, I can imagine many others doing the same thing. There were some difficult ones to find, but the spawn rates were not ridiculous.

So I shall add this, and ask a new question very soon.

FF1 - Warmech
FFII - Iron Giant
FFIII - Dragons in Crystal Tower
FFIV - Flan Princess
FFV - Stingray
FFXI - Voluptuous Vilma, Defoliate Leshy
FFXII - Red Chocobo (99)
FFXIII-2 - Xolotl, Miquiztli, Tezcatlipoca
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13