Final Fantasy - The Best And Worst?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Final Fantasy - The Best and Worst?
Final Fantasy - The Best and Worst?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 12 13
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-03 17:17:52  

The Hardest Weapons to make?

We love weapons. We love to see how much damage they will do, and we love to see the special skills that accompany those weapons. What we also love is a sense of accomplishment, but sometimes, the grind required to get them can be absolutely ridiculous. Only a select few would dare to create such a weapon, and it could take many weeks and months to create.

So which weapons are the hardest to make in ALL Final Fantasy?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-03 17:18:52  
Mythics. Nothing from other games of the series really compare.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-03 17:20:23  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Mythics. Nothing from other games of the series really compare.

Aside from Mythics, which weapons would be considered the hardest?
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-03 17:45:13  
Tournesol from ff12, took a hell of a lot of chaining to get the materials for it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-03 17:59:34  
Excalibur II could also be a candidate. Any seriously hard to get weapons from FFXIII or XIII-2?
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-03 18:16:20  
Generally any weapon from ff13 that required the Tepezehedron from adamantoise mobs, it has a shitty drop rate, and drops from only one kind of adamantoise which is one of the hardest mobs in that game I believe.

Might be the same with 13-2 as well (but I use the atb gauge -50% ones since it's well, probably better than a high damage weapon).

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Excalibur II could also be a candidate. Any seriously hard to get weapons from FFXIII or XIII-2?

Excalibur II isn't particularly hard to get, considering it's guaranteed provided you get there within the 9 hour time limit.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-03 18:18:56  
Think I will just include Mythics, Excalibur II and Tournesol and call it a night.

Excalibur II should be in there because of the amount of practice needed to get there within the time limit. The effort put in to make it will usually mean no one wants to bother trying. Also getting one may make the characters so severely underpowered that every battle will be a challenge and need many restarts.

Next question post tomorrow morning :)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-03 18:25:33  
It really depends on if the player wants to get a perfect game at the same time. If that is the case, it makes the task pretty impossible. There might be a few people who have done it, but it would have required some absolute hardcore playing of FFIX.

So players have to sacrifice a hell of a lot just to get the weapon, and be quick enough to make it within 12 hours, considering the characters are low level and over two hours of cut-scenes.
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-05-03 18:41:11  
The Ultimate Weapons. If you're after trophy completion, you need to create more than one of the same, but with different stats. Each weapon has like, 4 different branches it can go off from.

I'm not gonna go into the entire explanation when you can just YouTube the process, but yeah. I ended up making only one for each character before I got bored of fighting them.

Also, Long Gui. :(
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-03 18:55:16  
So it's not difficult to say, make one of each, but it takes forever to get all of them?

Not sure if I can add that, simply because the weapons can't be that difficult to create, but just take time to make all of them because of the system.

Mythics and Tournesol take forever to even get one of them, and the Excalibur II requires so much practice to get a weapon that will sacrifice everything else.
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-05-03 19:04:58  
So it's not difficult to say, make one of each, but it takes forever to get all of them?

Not sure if I can add that, simply because the weapons can't be that difficult to create, but just take time to make all of them because of the system.

Mythics and Tournesol take forever to even get one of them, and the Excalibur II requires so much practice to get a weapon that will sacrifice everything else.
Well, you can't bumrush into a Turtle fight and expect to win. Those things attack for 1/4th your HP almost constantly. They can inflict a long lasting, hard hitting Daze attack that makes it so you can't heal yourself.

Not to mention, Ultima: (Roar + Ultima @ 5:20)
YouTube Video Placeholder

They only survived that because of a SEN's ability called Reprieve:
Whenever your HP is above critical state and you receive an attack that should have reduced your HP to zero, you will remain alive with one HP.

Also, the Paradigm they used is Tortoise, ironically. Increases defense for everyone, the effect higher with all 3. It's pretty much the only way to survive any attack from Long Gui or Ultima.
 Asura.Abysswalker
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-05-03 19:09:34  
Oh man.. I gave up on those weapons.. I used the Death + Genji Glove trick.
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-05-03 19:12:31  
Asura.Abysswalker said: »
Oh man.. I gave up on those weapons.. I used the Death + Genji Glove trick.
I really only used Death for my Growth Egg. It's too infrequent and not nearly as reliable as finding a system that works for you.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-03 23:52:14  
So you would place the difficulty of getting one of these ultimate weapons on par with Excalibur II or a Mythic?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-04 17:26:10  

The Best and Worst of Final Fantasy Mini-Games?

I felt like covering this section with two questions in one. I have seen a lot of mixed reaction on some mini games, whereas others have stood out. Below are three lists of what I believe to be the Best and Worst of Final Fantasy from my own experiences. The third list will be honorable mentions, usually those mini games that you either love, or hate with a passion. Of courxe I will try to be unbiased and take what you all said into account, but I might have to express my absolute love for some games.

BEST

- Moogle Party! (FFVI) - I played FFVI a number of years ago and never cleared it, but I managed to find time to clear it on a emulator the other year. Having multiple parties full of moogles is something which really sticks in my mind. FFVI doesn't really have mini-games, but still, it incorporated itself into the main storyline, and you got take their gear, which is nice.

- Crazy Motorcycle (FFVII) - Ok I am definitely biased on this one, how can anyone not like this mini-game? It may not be super rewarding, it may not last very long, but the adrenaline of getting into Wonder Square, jumping on that bike, and trying to beat your high score?

- Snowboarding (FFVII) - Very similar to the motorbike yet, the game had many different paths you could snowboard down, and I just loved doing Time Trial on the hardest level. How many of you managed to get "Super" on each time trial? I know I did, and although it could be frustrating at times, the reward of seeing "Super" at the end made up for it.

- Speed Square Rollercoaster (FFVII) - At first I never liked this game, simply because I sucked at it. Then I actually tried to get Parasol and Flayer for Aeris and Cid, and after watching a youtube video where somebody smashed 5k points, I was able to see where I was going wrong. Regardless of seeing what I had to do, it was still a challenge, and that is something which a lot of mini-games don't do, and that is really challenge your patience and focus.

- Chocobo Racing (FFVII) - No other game has managed to create Chocobo racing like FFVII, enough said.

- Rufus mini-game in Junon (FFVII) - With the many mini-games that FFVII has, this one always sticks out in my mind because of the story behind it. Being dressed up as a solidier, following commands to impress the almighty Rufus, one of the main bad guys, it is a really funny game to do, especially the first few times you do it. The game takes a few tries to get used too, but when you do, you still need to focus and make sure you hit the right buttons. Getting a nice reward for your troubles is always welcome too. Force Stealer anyone?

- Chocobo Hot N' Cold (FFIX) - This helped to bring Chocobos back into the limelight after a very poor showing in FFVIII. It was also extremely rewarding, and if you wanted to get some of the best things in the game, along with fighting the hardest boss in the game, you had to do this game. Some people may have hated it, but I personally think it was the greatest mini-game since FFVII. Also having a flying chocobo? No other Final Fantasy has a flying chocobo that you can actually ride, and this mini-game gives you it.

WORST

- Squat Thrusts (FFVII) - One of the strangest games in any FF is this one. Why would a guy like Cloud, ever want to compete over a wig by doing squat thrusts? The game was very easy once you got the rhythm, and the reward was absolutely useless unless you wanted to see Don Corneo almost molest you in his bedroom.

- Parade in Jeuno (FFVII) - I just hate this part of the game. I could never get it right, it would go by so quickly and after passing it and getting something useless, I would not want to waste my time to repeat it over and over. I did eventually manage to get the technique down, but did I enjoy doing it? Not really.

- Super Dunk (FFVII) - So you throw a ball into a hoop, so you can throw a ball into a hoop, so you can throw a ball into a hoop? And for what? Does anyone actually enjoy that game? I would be very surprised if anyone did.

- 3D Battler (FFVII) - This is quite fun at first, til you realize just how stupidly unfair it is. A hell of a lot of luck is involved, there is no real method to getting through the levels, and I bet a lot of players never made it to the last stage. I think I only ever did it once ever, and that must mean I am extremely lucky.

- Mog Game (FFVII) - The first time, you might have appreciated this little story, specially when you figured out how to complete it. Even then, this mini game took a long long time, and after you seen it once or twice, it has absolutely zero replay value.

- Chocobo forests (FFVIII) - Could not stand doing this after the glory that was FFVII Chocobos. My father cleared FFVIII over thirty times (yes he counted them) and stated it was definitely one of the most annoying parts of the game.

- Tetra Master (FFIX) - It had so much potential, it had a rule system where games could be more complex then the FFVIII card game, but what made it suck so much??? It give you absolutely no rewards. FFVIII cards were overpowered, to the point that anyone who wanted to make the game easier, would have to play cards, whereas in FFIX, it was the complete opposite. Disappointing.

- Jump Rope (FFIX) - Extremely frustrating game, managed to complete it once, never tried again. End of Story.

- Lightning Dodge (FFX) - So you dodge a lightning bolt, over and over and over and over again? Someone was smoking something bad at SquareEnix when they though of that one.

- Butterfly hunt (FFX) - Another incredibly annoying game, that you can't do very well in because of how stupidly easy it is to miss those butterflies. It makes you wonder if SquareEnix actually test these mini-games.

- Blitzball Manager (FFX-2) - No! You have a decent enough mini-game in FFX where you actually play the matches, and turn it into a football manager type game??? That decision is so special on so many levels that I will have to stop here before I rant.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

I didn't want to put certain games into the Best or Worst categories because of just how diverse peoples opinions are, and I can understand why.

- Fort Condor (FFVII) - This game was ultimately, way too easy, but I enjoyed doing it. It was pretty rewarding, but it could also be repetitive. It's one of those games you do all the time, or only when you want the Phoenix materia.

Triple Triad (FFVIII) - By far the most dominant mini-game of any Final Fantasy, due to the fact that it completely over powers your party if you know what to do. Also some of the conditions required to get certain cards are ridiculous, and you would never figure it all out unless you read a walk through. My father (the one who cleared it over thirty times) would collect every single card, every single time. I got tired of hearing the music, but I can see why anyone would absolutely love/hate the game.

- Cloister of Trials (FFX) - I find this conflicting for me personally. I like to have to a challenge to receive a Summon, but to do all those trials for every single one? I don't know, it was different for sure, but was it any fun??

- Blitzball (FFX) - Another love/hate game where players would play it to death, or completely ignore it. I managed to get a team with levels over 70, then got bored with the whole thing, as I could score goals when Tidus was next to my own goalkeeper. Yes, the game is easy, and it just becomes more and more easy and tedious, but its pretty rewarding. I can understand the mixed reaction.

- Sphere Break (FFX-2) - I probably enjoyed this mini-game more then FFX-2 itself. The game was pretty well thought out, but because the game was on FFX-2 and not FFX, its probably been overlooked by many. Also anybody who hates math, well I can understand why you stay away from this.

And that is all I can say. Any other games not mentioned is because 1) I played them but didn't love/hate them enough 2) I never played them, Or 3) I played them such a long time ago and can't remember them.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-04 17:29:55  
Blitzball is the best.

I hated Triple Triad cause I tried it once and lost my Quetzal card, cried and shutdown. Never did it again.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-04 17:35:34  
Blitzball is the best.

I hated Triple Triad cause I tried it once and lost my Quetzal card, cried and shutdown. Never did it again.

Shame, because doing all of Triple Triad through to the end at least once is quite the challenge, and you get so much awesome items from Card Mod, that the game is switched into easy mode.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-05-04 17:37:51  
If you get Lionheart it's pretty easy mode with most mobs and bosses.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-04 17:39:06  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
If you get Lionheart it's pretty easy mode with most mobs and bosses.

Yea I knew that was coming, but you get some Holy War Trials, then you can laugh at every single mob in the game as they hit you for zero.

The game was easy enough, but with doing cards, it turns into SUPER easy mode.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-05-04 17:40:23  
Or you can just level Zell and do Armageddon Fist

Quote:
The most effective way to use Zell's Duel is to a technique dubbed by fans as Armageddon Fist. To perform this technique, the player must constantly input Zell's two weakest moves in rapid succession (Punch Rush <--> Booya or Booya <--> Heel Drop). It only takes fractions of seconds to input each command, and with the proper stats each move does around 5000 HP damage, critical hits reaching the 9,999 damage cap. With great concentration, the player should be able to input these commands at or around 0.10 seconds (on the game timer). With Duel lasting a minimum of four seconds and at maximum twelve seconds, the damage potential surpasses any other attack or combo in the game. If during a twelve-second round the player were to input every command at or around 0.10 seconds and Zell were to average a critical hit once every 5 attacks, under ideal conditions (Zell's Strength at 255 and the enemy's Defense at 0 from Vit 0) this strategy could yield roughly 720,000 points of damage, enough to instantly kill any enemy save for Omega Weapon in one round. With enough luck to land critical hits more frequently, even Omega Weapon can be killed instantly by this strategy.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-04 17:42:02  
Or you can just level Zell and do Armageddon Fist

Quote:
The most effective way to use Zell's Duel is to a technique dubbed by fans as Armageddon Fist. To perform this technique, the player must constantly input Zell's two weakest moves in rapid succession (Punch Rush <--> Booya or Booya <--> Heel Drop). It only takes fractions of seconds to input each command, and with the proper stats each move does around 5000 HP damage, critical hits reaching the 9,999 damage cap. With great concentration, the player should be able to input these commands at or around 0.10 seconds (on the game timer). With Duel lasting a minimum of four seconds and at maximum twelve seconds, the damage potential surpasses any other attack or combo in the game. If during a twelve-second round the player were to input every command at or around 0.10 seconds and Zell were to average a critical hit once every 5 attacks, under ideal conditions (Zell's Strength at 255 and the enemy's Defense at 0 from Vit 0) this strategy could yield roughly 720,000 points of damage, enough to instantly kill any enemy save for Omega Weapon in one round. With enough luck to land critical hits more frequently, even Omega Weapon can be killed instantly by this strategy.

Yea you're not getting my point. Holy War Trials and the many magics and other items you get from cards, means you never need to use Lionheart, Armageddon Fist, or Quistis special limit break. It made the ultimate boss in the game a pushover, because it would hit you for zero. This is what I am saying, I am not saying the game wasn't already easy enough without doing cards.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-05-04 17:42:50  
Yeah but doing that horrible card game would probably take a lot longer so it's actually easier to just power up Zell and Squall. That's why I think it's kind of a useless/terrible minigame
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-04 17:43:21  
FF8 Malboro's were probably the most formidable in that game, bad breath off the bat (and probably the worst bad breath in the entire series) pretty much leaves it to divine intervention if you won or not. D:
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-04 17:44:30  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
FF8 Malboro's were probably the most formidable in that game, bad breath off the bat (and probably the worst bad breath in the entire series) pretty much leaves it to divine intervention if you won or not. D:
Oh god yes, really hated them, think I ran away quite a few times while leveling.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-04 17:45:14  
Yeah but doing that horrible card game would probably take a lot longer so it's actually easier to just power up Zell and Squall.

Depends if you are the kind of player who can't waste a single second on anything frivolous. My father could get all the cards in absolute no time, he had it down to a fine art, but he could also complete the game easy enough without cards. What the time difference is between the two doesn't really matter, all I am saying is, if you are a first time player of FFVIII, and you use Card Mod throughout the game, as well as level Squall and Zell, the game will be so much easier.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-04 17:46:54  
Oh god yes, really hated them, think I ran away quite a few times while leveling.

It made it such a tedious task to make Doomtrain too, either that or farming level 99 wendigos for steel pipes they didn't drop at that level. >.>
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-04 17:47:21  

OH £%#&! Marlboro Run Away!

Edit: So I need to go to bed. Would anyone completely disagree with the "BEST" and "WORST" lists I posted? Please let me know if you disagree with any of them. Good Night.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-04 17:50:24  

It made it such a tedious task to make Doomtrain too, either that or farming level 99 wendigos for steel pipes they didn't drop at that level. >.>
And I didn't even like that summon! But had to have it for completion's sake!

Fun fact: Doomtrain was renamed Kharonte in the italian version(since Doomtrain wouldn't have had a meaning in my language and literal translation would have been extremely silly..)
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-04 17:56:16  

Edit: So I need to go to bed. Would anyone completely disagree with the "BEST" and "WORST" lists I posted? Please let me know if you disagree with any of them. Good Night.

Worst is the sit ups required for the Promotion: Sergeant major quest in XI.

It took me about 50 gazillion tries.
 Valefor.Ivaan
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-05-04 18:12:42  
i wouldnt say tetra master from final fantasy 9 is the worst bc there is no reward.

There is a reward every time you play, you get to pick one of the opponents cards. just because there isnt an ultimate prize doesnt mean it is a bad game.

Tetra master from 9 was the ONLY mini game i ever wanted to stop playing the main game for.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 12 13