April 29th Update for RNG
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-30 10:55:49  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Antonaki said: »
Blah blah weapons.. blah blah recycle.. wheres the effin quivers and pouches!

why do you need a quiver or pouch, when it takes you a week to use a full stack?

Also, how does Augmented Kheper Jacket fit in now, will it beat Emp+2 body for LS now?

Last stand is multi-hit. WS damage enhancement only applies to the first hit of a weapon skill (unless it works differently with ranged attacks). Thus, if your first hit of last stand does 2000, then you're only gaining 100 damage with the best augment possible. Caban +2 is adding over 36 ranged attack, which should easily, especially with rcb, increase total damage by well over 100.

I would assume the jacket would win for coronach. You could compare tessera vs caban and get an estimate from that, since they have similar stats. If caban still wins, then you know the jacket would have to beat +1 STR/AGI and 17+ ranged attack (or -2 STR/AGI and 16+ ranged attack for HQ). I can check it out later.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-04-30 15:56:02  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
In either case, it looks like switching over to bow for pure damage might be a possibility. Yes I know, /shocked.

[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-04-30 16:02:30  
Sad.. Was so close to having all of my annihilator sets optimal D:
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-04-30 17:35:00  
What would the optimal TP set for annihilator be with +2 hat and a 90% recycle rate be now? Capped and uncapped acc sets would be nice. Would it be worth using additional recycle items to get a theoretical 100% recycle rate for recycle augment?
 Phoenix.Kristiania
user: JCCanezo2
By Phoenix.Kristiania 2013-04-30 18:10:32  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
What would the optimal TP set for annihilator be with +2 hat and a 90% recycle rate be now? Capped and uncapped acc sets would be nice. Would it be worth using additional recycle items to get a theoretical 100% recycle rate for recycle augment?

If we could get 100% Recycle rate, that would be pretty ridiculous. I'm assuming it'll cap at 95% like Accuracy.

That said, using Scout's Beret +2 with Augment, and 95% recycle rate, could prove interesting considering that you'd get an extra 5% tp every recycle proc. If you assume you'll recycle every 9/10 shots, could make for some interesting 4/5 hit builds.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-05-01 02:26:01  
Well can't 100% Recycle for sure, at least with current gear. I didn't bother trying to figure out the rate, but 5/5 recycle, +2 hat, entois trousers, and libeccio mantle used about 20 bullets over a tchakka fight. Don't remember the kill speed sadly, maybe an hour?
 Ragnarok.Phettyx
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Phetty
By Ragnarok.Phettyx 2013-05-01 02:32:20  
Well can't 100% Recycle for sure, at least with current gear. I didn't bother trying to figure out the rate, but 5/5 recycle, +2 hat, entois trousers, and libeccio mantle used about 20 bullets over a tchakka fight. Don't remember the kill speed sadly, maybe an hour?
New gloves also have recycle now.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-01 02:43:00  
Should also be noted that scavenge will never return the full amount of bullets shot. It will always be one short. If only one bullet is used, then scavenge will fail.
By Baniak 2013-05-01 15:17:49  
So Recycle works for WS too?
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-01 15:27:12  
Yes. It may be worth using scout's beret +2 on WS so you can achieve an easy 4-hit (ws + 3-hits) build. The augment no longer procs on multiple hits of a ws, only one.

Currently, you need 21 store tp for a 4-hit build (gun), assuming recycle procs on every hit. You will need to wear scout's beret +2 for WS though.
 Bahamut.Yukimu
user: Yukimu
By Bahamut.Yukimu 2013-05-01 15:48:13  
Baniak said: »
So Recycle works for WS too?
Always did, god I would be so broke other wise. I was pretty happy when I found out about that. Oh the side note, Last Stand use 2 ammo. Without having the Recycle rate at all (before this update), with only libeccio mantle I did have a saved about 20-25% of my ammo. I kept track since I was doing some guns trials last year. My guess it seems high due to the chance it will proc on both of the shots.
 Lakshmi.Feint
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-05-01 16:38:43  
bcider said: »
Looks like bow is king again. 250 dmg bow vs 100 dmg gun. If theres no new bullets gone is fair behind in base dmg.

It would seem that bow will currently pull ahead.

The highest level bullets only add about 145dmg.

I'm not surprised that SE talks about balancing jobs but they do crap like this.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-05-02 02:17:15  
Tbh I'm finding yoichi for the simple accuracy bonus/lessened range penalties to be more appealing for a lot of these new NMs already.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-05-02 02:22:31  
Lakshmi.Feint said: »
Looks like bow is king again. 250 dmg bow vs 100 dmg gun. If theres no new bullets gone is fair behind in base dmg.

I'm not surprised that SE talks about balancing jobs but they do crap like this.
It is balance. Guns have been ahead for ages! :p
 Lakshmi.Feint
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-05-02 02:24:32  
Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »
Lakshmi.Feint said: »

It is balance. Guns have been ahead for ages! :p

Ha! Very well.
 Siren.Barber
サーバ: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-05-02 02:34:44  
So I haven't used bows since.....2005? What is the ws hierarchy (including r/m/e ws in case the rumored changes go through)? Would the possibility of jishnu's be worth dropping 6 mil to make a 99 woe bow? Or is another ws better?
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-02 03:15:38  
Tbh I'm finding yoichi for the simple accuracy bonus/lessened range penalties to be more appealing for a lot of these new NMs already.

On any of the evasive NMs, I would think wildfire would make much more sense. TP off regular mobs, WS boss. Regardless, it's only +20 accuracy, which is essentially the equivalent of wearing an extra accuracy ring. There are always methods to overcome accuracy issues, but you cannot increase base damage. Gun is superior until you get your 30k plasma.

I would like to say that they seriously ****ed up the base damage of guns vs bows. They have the exact same delay, and yet guns are far behind in base damage. How does that make any sense whatsoever? Not to mention that arrows are cheaper than bullets. Pre-update, there was at least some reason to use bows, if no other reason than to save gil, but now, there is absolutely no reason to ever use a gun again. Not to mention that gun has always had the highest base damage. I seriously want to believe that they inputted the wrong base damage or something. I've never seen anything like this happen before in FFXI as far as I can remember. I don't remember them ever swapping the hierarchy of base damage for scythes/gsword sword/axe etc.

Oh I forgot to mention that scout's beret +2 does/can proc on both hits of last stand, so it may be worth full-timing it. An extra 10 tp per ws is pretty nice.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-05-02 03:16:55  
Problem with wildfire is that a lot of said evasive NMs are taking jack ***from it, but taking full physical. Also doesn't distance penalty hurt racc too? Tping off regular mobs isn't exactly always viable either, considering that would require healing support. You being on RNG is generally to negate the need for that.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-02 03:18:52  
I was reading on BG that wildfire was doing 2.5k to a lot of them. Maybe people just had shitty gear.

Distance penalty does affect ranged accuracy, yes, but it affects bow/gun equally as far as I know. The sweet spot only increase damage.

For tping off the adds, I just assumed that was what everyone did anyway, including all dd/thfs, so ranger wouldn't be taking any extra damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-02 03:20:06  
Also doesn't distance penalty hurt racc too?
Where does it say that ?
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-05-02 03:23:27  
Depends on what NM you are talking about. Only NMs that I can recall damage from was the raptor(absolute ***), the Pieste(***as well, not 100% if this was post rage or not though, but physical seemed to be much more effective than magical regardless). As far as gear goes and with proper buffs, LS/coro/namas should do way more than wildfire on any mob that doesn't take enhanced magical damage.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-05-02 03:24:02  
Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
Where does it say that ?
No clue, I was asking! I'm hardly a career RNG.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-02 03:28:26  
I was just going off resolution numbers people posted, which were like 1-1.5k or something with full buffs.

Distance definitely affects ranged accuracy. The best proof is simply sharpshot. Sharpshot was modified to remove the ranged accuracy penalty incurred by distance. It would have to exist for it to be removed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-02 03:29:05  
Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
Where does it say that ?
No clue, I was asking! I'm hardly a career RNG.
It doesn't effect R.acc or else guns would have had it bad all this time lol ;3
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-02 03:31:44  
If there was a r.acc penalty by distance than I don't see how I could parse same or better r.acc than a yoichi at the same distance in legion. It wouldn't make sense
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-05-02 03:34:54  
Damage will really vary based on what NM you're talking about, but most NMs seem to either switch resistances or take fairly good physical damage fulltime. Are these full hit resolutions? Coronach was doing over 2k on pretty much everything I have fought so far unless buffs were down or the monster had raged. (fairly halfassed set and 95). Ceizak T1/3, Morimar T2/T4 thus far.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-02 03:48:33  
Well that's good to know. I've just been farming plasma for the bow so I haven't tried the NMs yet. Need 22k more + t4-5 foret kill. Farmed 16k just from shards (splitting them 50/50).

The ranged accuracy penalty is the same for all ranged weapons, so your accuracy should be the same for bow and gun. Just because bow's sweet spot is further away doesn't mean that it is more accurate further away. Bow is technically less accurate in its sweet spot than gun. I remember directly after the ranger nerf, you literally had to be standing right next to the mob to have any chance of hitting it. They've lessened the penalty substantially since then, but it still exists. Note how it becomes almost impossible to ever land a shot if the mob moves out of shooting range once you draw your weapon.
 Leviathan.Seeum
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Seeum
By Leviathan.Seeum 2013-05-02 18:14:16  
Recycle trait for RNG99 is 55%. Recycle from all sources caps at a total of 95%. All gear is still the same Recycle values as previously tested. All tested personally with no less than 1,000 shots each.

In short: merits + AF2 hat is sufficient to cap.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-02 18:16:55  
If you're using AF2+2 hat then you only need 3/5 merits, right?