フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Kaboom! A Guide for Black Mage
Kaboom! A Guide for Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 41 42 43
 Cerberus.Verendus
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Verendus
By Cerberus.Verendus 2014-07-27 15:34:19  
I only blm in yorcia delve but these are the sets i use.
ItemSet 326561 ItemSet 326562 ItemSet 326563
Lehb.+2 has mab+22, Otomi/Buremte have int8/haste2, Art. body is path C, Art. leg/feet are path B, Hag. legs are mab+7 ._. I swap Buremte hat and Umbani boots for t1/2, Spae.+1 body for all aga's, and Impact in enfeeble set+twilight cloak.
Whats relevant for this content level is the macc needed, my higher acc set(470skill/338macc/247int) rarely resists on woppo with burn/impact/klimaform where the other set resists often despite being only 28macc behind.
Obvious improvements would be rings to shiva/+1, neck to mizu-kubikazari and a combo of hagondes if you balance at least some macc. Also, twilight cape is worse than toro for my set vs these mobs, but having more mab gear/buffs may change that.
You can use this to find all the enhancing a blm can wear -augment gear so you can warp better =D
I don't know what content you gear for, but I hope this info helps someone.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-27 15:52:41  
I heard if you stack 500 enhancing magic warp sends you to the test server and warp 2 lets you send others to mordion gaol. ; p
By Pantafernando 2014-07-27 17:22:50  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
I heard if you stack 500 enhancing magic warp sends you to the test server and warp 2 lets you send others to mordion gaol. ; p

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-07-27 17:49:51  
Cerberus.Verendus said: »
I don't know what content you gear for, but I hope this info helps someone.

Helps people know what not to do.

You have a surprisingly large amount of macc gear for your MAB set, especially since you claim you only use it for fodder stuff.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-07-27 17:53:16  
You're so mean, his sets are fine.

edit : I have several BLM item sets which could provide some ideas, they also mention any improvements im lacking minus the new stat rings.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-07-27 18:26:01  
If you set a low bar for yourself, yes, they're fine.
 Cerberus.Verendus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Verendus
By Cerberus.Verendus 2014-07-27 18:56:21  
I don't really gear for fodder, but I see I didn't make it entirely clear and the set names seem misleading. I stated I only play the job for yorcia delve and the 'mab' set is what i use for nm2-4 and swap to 'macc' for 5/6. Adding all that text made a wordy post seem more.. wordy.
I do agree there are many adjustments I can make, but after putting more than 100 +1 stones into legs only to finally receive mab+7 I wasn't too keen on repeating the process on other pieces :(
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-07-27 19:47:17  
Until you become keen on doing so, you shouldn't post your less-than acceptable set hoping it might help someone.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-07-27 19:57:48  
What does 2 housed even mean?

Post deleted by User.
By Fasaga 2014-07-27 20:14:59  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
You guys ever heard of NMs being immune to enmity douse?
For example I nuked yumcax brains out and 2 houred even.

Then used enmity douse so I wouldn't pull him and it says "no effect on the yumcax"
does enmity douse and subtle sorcery stack?
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-07-27 20:35:51  
I think that would be the explanation as to why your ja had no effect perhaps, if you opened with sorcery then spammed loads but used douse too early before you needed to usually several nukes after sorcery has worn off. Im not 100% sure but you could of got this message if you used douse with sorcery still active. I've seen the no effect douse message before on blm but rarely use the ja when its likely to have no effect so I dont remember the exact conditions I got the message under. I highly doubt the nm is immune or even occasionally resistant to douse.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-07-27 21:05:59  
I would try to replicate it before anyone puts anymore thought into it.
 Carbuncle.Rubican
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Rubican 2014-08-12 11:20:31  
Has anyone played around with reforged Relic/Artifact?

I am looking at the using some of the relic pieces (all but body) for a Mythic (35 or so days and counting until I've got my 75 base woo!) and playing around with the AMII augments and seeing how they compare. .-. I know that mythic is sadly not the best staff right now, but it is a game goal of mine to have it :-3

So thoughts on a AMII set?

Additional info:
Flare II is a good example -
with 5/5 - +25 M.Acc (5 from each merit)
Archmage +1
Hat = +15% dmg
Gloves = -20% cast time so 8 second vs 10
Pants = +10 M.Acc
Shoes = -20% MP cost so 224 vs 280
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-12 11:24:51  
How is BLM mythic not the best weapon for BLM now? What weapon beats Magic Damage +248, MAB+60, M.Acc +10, and M.Acc Skill +255?
 Carbuncle.Rubican
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Rubican 2014-08-12 11:34:22  
I've been told that the Relic Staff ilvl 119 & Magian staves still out dmg mythic. :/ granted that is hearsay, but it is what everyone that knows I am working on blm mythic keeps telling me. *sigh* I am hoping they are wrong :-3 I will soon find out.
 Leviathan.Joyroth
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2014-08-12 12:14:12  
Pairing Laevateinn with Vidohunir then nuking the piss out of something should beat out all staves.

As for the Relic(119 Gear) I macro in the hat for my damage cycle. The Hands, mostly for the resistance effect or I can time Magic Bursts just right. Legs are an insane piece for Shatter Soul. MP isn't really an issue these days, either the mob doesn't live long enough or I got other Mega Mages with me to help out so Feet are not worth to +1.
 Bismarck.Stanislav
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2014-08-24 14:18:10  
Was messing around and started making a high tier nuking set for my friend's Laevateinn BLM. This is what I came up with. It's hitting 501 skill (including 8/8 elemental magic merits) and loads of INT. Would be using this set for things like Kamihr. Feedback would be much appreciated.

ItemSet 327566

sidenote: Food would be Cehuetzi Snow Cone, SCH sub, Wizards & Warlock's Roll.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-08-24 14:24:45  
Focusing on skill over int/macc is pretty pointless, especially considering int is like =1macc on content of that level. No idea on optimal slots, but there is major room for improvement.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Stanislav
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2014-08-24 14:31:33  
Josiahkf said: »
Bismarck.Stanislav said: »
Was messing around and started making a high tier nuking set for my friend's Laevateinn BLM. This is what I came up with. It's hitting 501 skill (including 8/8 elemental magic merits) and loads of INT. Would be using this set for things like Kamihr. Feedback would be much appreciated.

ItemSet 327566

sidenote: Food would be Cehuetzi Snow Cone, SCH sub, Wizards & Warlock's Roll.
And there are better macc options than skill pieces if he's having trouble getting resisted.

If he's got the money for mythic he's got the money to make better gearsets; mention 5/5 macc+25-30 and 5/5 mab+25-30 hagondes+1 pieces to strive for. The reforged pieces you selected would be great for a spell interruption down gearset or an INT-potency based enfeeble but that's about it.
for example
your hands - INT +25 Macc +25
Hagondes+1 - INT+17 Macc+50

I personally haven't played/cared for BLM in a long time. I didn't know if skill was still relevant or not.

edit:

So you're saying something like this would be optimal (having max augments)

ItemSet 327568

btw I've never seen Hagondes pieces with both MACC & MATK

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-24 14:42:36  
Do you even need that much macc with those buffs? When I SCH to Kamihr I don't notice any resists on T1-T4 and slight resists on boss (might've had SV Threnody; don't remember) with Warlock's Roll, Fire Threnody and Firestorm+Klimaform using 4/5 MAB Hagondes + Umbani Boots. I recall my damage on Yztarg being ***, though; dunno if he's just strong to magic/fire or something. As BLM with a mythic you should be having even less problems with resists. Admittedly, though, I haven't done the zone very often, so maybe I just got lucky with resists.
 Bismarck.Stanislav
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2014-08-24 14:44:53  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Do you even need that much macc with those buffs? When I SCH to Kamihr I don't notice any resists on T1-T4 and slight resists on boss (might've had SV Threnody; don't remember) with Warlock's Roll, Fire Threnody and Firestorm+Klimaform using full MAB Hagondes. I recall my damage on Yztarg being ***, though; dunno if he's just strong to magic/fire or something. As BLM with a mythic you should be having even less problems with resists. Admittedly, though, I haven't done the zone very often, so maybe I just got lucky with resists.

To be honest we haven't ran her BLM at through Kamihr at all since she made the staff. Her being 4song/carn bard she's always stuck on it. Also, is it even possible to get both MACC & MATK augments on Hagondes? I thought it was always MATK/MACC/MAburst/pet/etc paired with PDT&MDT.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-24 14:45:36  
No, it isn't. He meant 1 set of Hag with MAB augs and 1 set of Hag with Macc augs.
 Bismarck.Stanislav
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2014-08-24 14:47:56  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
No, it isn't. He meant 1 set of Hag with MAB augs and 1 set of Hag with Macc augs.

Oh I see.. Read that all weird. Whoops.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 41 42 43