フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Kaboom! A Guide for Black Mage
Kaboom! A Guide for Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 41 42 43
 Fenrir.Kut
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2016-06-16 20:38:47  
There's close to no reason to use dark magic skill gear for death.

ItemSet 340525
(edit: but with taranus's cape)
By shifuu2 2016-06-18 00:31:51  
For Augmenting Merlinic...

Do you use P stones until you get 35+ macc and 35 + MAB first and then use F stones to random good burst bonus?
Or do all stats randomize regardless of what stone you use?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-06-18 00:35:03  
all stats randomize regardless of stone you use
By shifuu2 2016-06-18 00:47:27  
For some reason I"m having a hard time getting good damage and get lots of resists during MB. What should I do for my MB set?

main={ name="Lathi", augments={'MP+80','INT+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
sub="Niobid Strap",
ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
head={ name="Merlinic Hood", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+30','Magic burst mdg.+10%','MND+7','Mag. Acc.+10',}},
body={ name="Merlinic Jubbah", augments={'Mag. Acc.+30','Magic burst mdg.+5%','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}},
hands={ name="Amalric Gages", augments={'INT+10','Mag. Acc.+15','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15',}},
legs={ name="Merlinic Shalwar", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+30','Magic burst mdg.+7%','MND+14','Mag. Acc.+3',}},
feet={ name="Merlinic Crackows", augments={'Mag. Acc.+27','Magic burst mdg.+5%','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+4',}},
neck="Mizu. Kubikazari",
waist="Refoccilation Stone",
left_ear="Barkaro. Earring",
right_ear="Friomisi Earring",
left_ring="Mujin Band",
right_ring="Shiva Ring +1",
back="Seshaw Cape",

I also have locus ring but i think that puts me over the 40% cap
 Fenrir.Kut
By Fenrir.Kut 2016-06-18 01:27:02  
shifuu2 said: »
For some reason I"m having a hard time getting good damage and get lots of resists during MB. What should I do for my MB set?

Your gear isn't bad. There are a lot of factors, though. What mobs are you fighting? What are your job points like? Are you using Klimaform? Do you have GEOs using Languor/Focus as appropriate? How many BLMs are you nuking with? There's a 'feature' where if there are multiple bursts happening at the same time, subsequent bursts after the initial get a 60% damage penalty so that could also be a a reasoning by why you seem to be "resisted".

That said, you can do better with MACC on your legs and head, get your damn Hachirin-no-Obi, get the 20INT 20MACC/MDMG 10MAB ambuscade cape, and, of course, always blame your GEOs for not having Idris.

Also, to addendum to the comment above about stones, stats are 'random' but trend in different ways based on stone used. Really, if you're going for the a really great augment, any stone will work for MB sets.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Speedyjim
サーバ: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2016-06-18 22:15:04  
Fenrir.Kut said: »

Your gear isn't bad. There are a lot of factors, though. What mobs are you fighting? What are your job points like? Are you using Klimaform? Do you have GEOs using Languor/Focus as appropriate? How many BLMs are you nuking with? There's a 'feature' where if there are multiple bursts happening at the same time, subsequent bursts after the initial get a 60% damage penalty so that could also be a a reasoning by why you seem to be "resisted".

That said, you can do better with MACC on your legs and head, get your damn Hachirin-no-Obi, get the 20INT 20MACC/MDMG 10MAB ambuscade cape, and, of course, always blame your GEOs for not having Idris.

Also, to addendum to the comment above about stones, stats are 'random' but trend in different ways based on stone used. Really, if you're going for the a really great augment, any stone will work for MB sets.
More MATK on body/feet. Indi/Geo-Malaise too.
 Fenrir.Kut
By Fenrir.Kut 2016-06-19 20:57:18  
Armeth said: »
I don't suppose we could add some melee sets to the guide for Shattersoul, Vidohunir, and the like?
no
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-06-19 22:15:24  
lol
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-06-20 10:15:44  

main={ name="Lathi", augments={'MP+80','INT+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
sub="Niobid Strap",
ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
head={ name="Merlinic Hood", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+30','Magic burst mdg.+10%','MND+7','Mag. Acc.+10',}},
body={ name="Merlinic Jubbah", augments={'Mag. Acc.+30','Magic burst mdg.+5%','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}},
hands={ name="Amalric Gages", augments={'INT+10','Mag. Acc.+15','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15',}},
legs={ name="Merlinic Shalwar", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+30','Magic burst mdg.+7%','MND+14','Mag. Acc.+3',}},
feet={ name="Merlinic Crackows", augments={'Mag. Acc.+27','Magic burst mdg.+5%','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+4',}},
neck="Mizu. Kubikazari",
waist="Refoccilation Stone",
left_ear="Barkaro. Earring",
right_ear="Friomisi Earring",
left_ring="Mujin Band",
right_ring="Shiva Ring +1",
back="Seshaw Cape",

I also have locus ring but i think that puts me over the 40% cap

everything mentioned prior is correct, but I would lean towards not being heavily Job Pointed. I see "new" blms with elite gear thinking they are going to come in and smash everything only to be disappointed. BLM is one of the few jobs that really gets its crushing power from Job Points.

Also this is gold

Fenrir.Kut said: »
always blame your GEOs for not having Idris.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
サーバ: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2016-06-21 22:53:08  
Cerberus.Jeffil said: »
Armeth said: »
Ah... So how should I try to make money in this game? I have almost nothing left after buying materials for the spaekona's attire set.

Items to upgrade relics, mythics, and empryeans still sell well and quickly. Joining HTMB runs for Pluton, Beitetsu, and Riftborn Boulders will net you a nice profit if you just sell them on the AH. A stack of 99 Beitetsu goes for 1.3M on my server, for example.

Reisenjima augment stones are about 60k per stack of 12 and also sell fast.

Eschalixirs all sell quickly and efficiently as well. Eschalixir +2s are around 400k for ONE, and Eschite Ores are about the same for a single.

Do your RoE quests and Unity Objectives. Buying upgrade items there (especially ones that pop Geas Fete monsters) is nice, but so is also NPCing items you can buy with sparks, which sell to an NPC at a 10 gil/spark rate.

There are other things you can do as well, but given my limited playtime these are generally efficient moneymakers.

It's much much easier to make money in this game than it used to be.

there is always sky elementals too. for example fire clusters stacks are 100k a pop on my server. spend one day a week binge watching your favorite shows/movies and nuke the hell out them. you will have a full auction house and steady income for the rest of the week while you do your other objectives.
By Blazed1979 2016-06-22 16:28:57  
Job Points. Got my BLM decked out before I got my 2100 JPs. My free nukes never went above 4k, my MBs never went over 15k.
Same gear, but with job points my first MB on Apex Crab ThunderVI did capped dmg with geo.

Without I do in the 50-60 range. Job points.
Also use crepe's if you're unlucky with macc on augments like I am.
 Fenrir.Kut
By Fenrir.Kut 2016-06-22 16:38:58  
Blazed1979 said: »
Job Points. Got my BLM decked out before I got my 2100 JPs. My free nukes never went above 4k, my MBs never went over 15k.
Same gear, but with job points my first MB on Apex Crab ThunderVI did capped dmg with geo.

Without I do in the 50-60 range. Job points.
Also use crepe's if you're unlucky with macc on augments like I am.

Always use crepes 8)
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-06-24 10:02:14  
BLM/RDM FC set, am I missing anything?

ItemSet 344416

Grio 4
Merlinic Head 15
Orun 5
Earring 2/1
Ring 2
Zendik 13
merlin hands 7
merlin feet 7 *EDIT* forgot base so 12
pyschloth lappa 7
witful 3
71% gear + 15% /rdm = 86% (80% cap?)

Quick Magic
Back 4
Ring 2
Ammo 2
Belt 3
11% total
By geigei 2016-06-24 10:06:27  
I'm not a fan of quickmagic unless is raise, warp, etc. Taranus is inv+ for those not giving a damn about quickmagic.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-06-24 10:38:32  
geigei said: »
I'm not a fan of quickmagic unless is raise, warp, etc. Taranus is inv+ for those not giving a damn about quickmagic.
I like quick magic, esp when you need a fast stoneskin, also lets me sometimes hit 3 spells on one SC, for death I have a specific FC set so it wont trigger on death, but for the rest I actually want to stack as much as possible.
By Titanfoo 2016-06-24 10:45:41  
Asura.Toralin said: »
geigei said: »
I like quick magic, esp when you need a fast stoneskin, also lets me sometimes hit 3 spells on one SC, for death I have a specific FC set so it wont trigger on death, but for the rest I actually want to stack as much as possible.

Quick magic has it's place. but for me personally it needs to stay out of most of my sets. I read it as -midcast gear. and i'm fine with -80% as is.

That being said I know it's great for some choice spells, i'm simply too lazy and don't have the inv to care about making a whole set for it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-06-24 10:56:01  
Am I missing something or why are people suddenly acting like you can't have midcast gear with quick magic procs?
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-06-24 10:58:26  
Asura.Toralin said: »
BLM/RDM FC set, am I missing anything?

ItemSet 344416

Grio 4
Merlinic Head 15
Orun 5
Earring 2/1
Ring 2
Zendik 13
merlin hands 7
merlin feet 7 *EDIT* forgot base so 12
pyschloth lappa 7
witful 3
71% gear + 15% /rdm = 86% (80% cap?)

Quick Magic
Back 4
Ring 2
Ammo 2
Belt 3
11% total

I use the following as being overcapped doesn't help and your precast set may otherwise juke your HP/MP.
Code
    sets.precast.FC = {
        ammo="Impatiens",
        head=gear.fc_head,
        body="Zendik Robe",
        hands={name="Otomi Gloves", priority=16},
        legs="Psycloth Lappas",
        feet=gear.fc_feet,
        neck="Orunmila's Torque",
        waist="Witful Belt",
        left_ear={name="Etiolation Earring", priority=15},
        right_ear="Loquac. Earring",
        left_ring="Lebeche Ring",
        right_ring={name="Rahab Ring", priority=14},
        back="Perimede Cape",
    }
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-06-24 13:41:09  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Am I missing something or why are people suddenly acting like you can't have midcast gear with quick magic procs?
EDIT: misunderstood. I do it with death b/c if it fires off yeah my recast is 0, but for me to mykr or other Mp restore i wont hit the MB
By Nocki 2016-06-24 13:46:05  
I find quick cast for elemental magic incredibly annoying. If you go off before skillchain, you miss burst window and nerf all following nukes damage because you triggered resist wall... Also, why are you /rdm o.O
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-06-24 13:50:43  
If you have proper fast cast sets in the first place you can cast your first nuke as the SC closer is going off and still double MB well within the window

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Nocki 2016-06-24 21:59:59  
intrloper said: »
Might be a stupid question but i dont have time at the moment to test but wanted to ask; will you lose the manawall bonus from Taranus's Cape if you switch between different versions of the cape?

No you will not~
I have done this myself and not noticed any increase in damage taken.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-06-24 22:06:49  
Nocki said: »
I find quick cast for elemental magic incredibly annoying. If you go off before skillchain, you miss burst window and nerf all following nukes damage because you triggered resist wall... Also, why are you /rdm o.O
Setting a MB variable could help. So that if you have that variable on, not only do you nuke in your burst damage set, but you also precast in a FC set without any quickcast. That way, you can still get the benefit of it for things like SS, stun or even standard nukes.
 Xet
By Xet 2016-07-05 11:19:53  
New 4th slot for blm cape, will int beat macc/mdam for nukes? I know the value is probably less but int adds both right?

you get macc or mdam noth both*
By Blazed1979 2016-07-08 16:54:14  
Xet said: »
New 4th slot for blm cape, will int beat macc/mdam for nukes? I know the value is probably less but int adds both right?

you get macc or mdam noth both*

I'm going INT+10

EDIT: scatch that, guess i'm adding 10 more accuracy to Blu cape.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-07-09 04:05:42  

Very delayed response, but this is wrong. The optimal double burst method is what Ramzus described. Start nuking as the closer closes (???). If quick cast procs you will still burst, and you will do more damage even if quick cast doesn't proc as the skillchain itself will cause the % damage reduction timer to start, so the delay will help.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-09 05:03:35  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »

Very delayed response, but this is wrong. The optimal double burst method is what Ramzus described. Start nuking as the closer closes (???). If quick cast procs you will still burst, and you will do more damage even if quick cast doesn't proc as the skillchain itself will cause the % damage reduction timer to start, so the delay will help.

I don't know - this has happened to me a couple of times on Plouton in vagary where I would start casting as soon as the SCH starts Alacrity -> casting his Skillchain closer, and quick magic has proced and had no magic burst, just a normal ThunderVI.

Its very easy to land double magic bursts with capped fast cast anyways. I can see quick magic's benefit on a second MB, but on the first its a determinant.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-07-09 05:25:40  
It's not a detriment, your timing must be off. I've never had that issue.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 41 42 43