users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » quick ranger question
quick ranger question
 Hades.Tronitor
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Yzzerdd
By Hades.Tronitor 2013-05-25 01:56:51  
I'm a shitty *** ranger, and not only that but I'm such a horrible person I don't want to go through the sticky, so could someone answer a quick question:

Does a lower dmg rating gun do more damage than a higher rating DMG bow, ammo included?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-05-25 02:00:55  
If you're on about the new weapons that were released (250 DMG bow), I believe Bow was determined to come out on top.

I could be wrong though, my RNG is 32 :D
 Hades.Tronitor
By Hades.Tronitor 2013-05-25 02:03:18  
Thanks for the reply, an ls member said the calculation for a gun's damage was different from bow, I totally called shenanigans and created this thread.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-05-25 02:05:00  
For something like that, I'm not sure. You'd be best waiting for Helel or another RNG expert to notice the thread :P

I wouldn't have expected so, personally though.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-25 02:06:15  
What type of damage are you talking about? Weapon skill? No, gun does more damage. TP? Then yes. Total damage? No.
 Hades.Tronitor
By Hades.Tronitor 2013-05-25 02:12:10  
Thanks Helel, and all extra damage from WS would be minimal correct? because I assume you're referring to last stand's multiple hits, if and only if that's true would it therefore only do more damage at 200 tp or higher because of the modifier?
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-25 02:41:44  
Last stand does more damage at 100 TP with the delve gun than any WS you can use with echidna's, except for refulgent arrow at high TP. The difference is not minimal at all and, in fact, puts gun ahead.
 Sylph.Mirvana
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-25 02:43:18  
Aside from the SP weapons, bow doesn't have a reliable, strong WS. Given that RNG has a Tp/WS ratio favoring WS damage, Guns will still win in scenarios where you can freely fire off WS without throwing enmity-control out the window. Bows will win in scenarios where WS'ing is either discouraged (ex. Supernal Chapuli, but why would you want RNG for this anyway?), or the mob is evasive enough to make WS damage factor in less from increased misses.