users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Sandbox Issue
Sandbox Issue
 Asura.Tawhoya
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2013-06-07 18:42:44  
I downloaded a few new plugins and started up Windower. As soon as the screen showed that it was loading plugins and addons the game crashed. This happened a few times, so I decided to unload every addon and plugin that I had and the game started fine. I then //lua load addon for each one and they were all fine and did //load plugin as well. When I got to Sandbox, the game crashed again. I then ran Windower again and loaded all of the plugins except for sandbox and it works fine now.

Just thought I'd post this as a potential issue for crashes.
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-06-07 19:40:00  
Are you using this version?
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37379/lua-plugin-ideas/5/#2365329
 Lakshmi.Makochild
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: makojr
By Lakshmi.Makochild 2013-07-04 01:25:13  
Sorry to be a possible necro bump,

Having an issue with the Sandbox plugin where when i go to view the chat log when both my characters are logged in, the chat log gets cut.

Pic for reference.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/n1m0akadsc53uls/img_20130704_012232.png

any ideas? as far as i can tell, im using the most recent version of the plugin
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-07-04 03:06:30  
Lakshmi.Makochild said: »
Sorry to be a possible necro bump,

Having an issue with the Sandbox plugin where when i go to view the chat log when both my characters are logged in, the chat log gets cut.

Pic for reference.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/n1m0akadsc53uls/img_20130704_012232.png

any ideas? as far as i can tell, im using the most recent version of the plugin

I believe that is normal. At least has been since i started using it, and yes its annoying but unlike XI-util, the sandbox plugin doesn't create a secondary directory for anything.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-07-04 11:09:45  
Bismarck.Chaosprime said: »
I believe that is normal. At least has been since i started using it, and yes its annoying but unlike XI-util, the sandbox plugin doesn't create a secondary directory for anything.

That is normal, Sandbox doesn't stop the chat disappearing bug (just like XI-Util's doesn't). But it does work just like it, it creates a separate directory for each character where the chatlog gets redirected to.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-07-04 11:18:24  
Leviathan.Arcon said: »

That is normal, Sandbox doesn't stop the chat disappearing bug (just like XI-Util's doesn't). But it does work just like it, it creates a separate directory for each character where the chatlog gets redirected to.
Really? I used to get the wiped log issue a lot. Hadn't seen it at all since I started using XI-utils sandbox. And this has continued after dropping XI-utils for the windower4 sandbox plugin. <,<
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-07-04 11:24:33  
That was also my experience, though the test server causes chat log problems again now.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-07-05 01:48:50  
Yup with XI-Utils your chat log does not get wiped. I personally can confirm this :)
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-07-05 08:00:14  
Yup with XI-Utils your chat log does not get wiped. I personally can confirm this :)

You cannot confirm that something doesn't happen, only that it doesn't happen to you :)

Although the number of reports on this not happening with XI-Util suggests a correlation. The Sandbox plugin does work the same way, by creating a separate directory for each character where the chat log is stored, although it does that only for the chat log. XI-Util's Sandbox on the other hand changes registry values for certain folders, meaning every time FFXI has to access that folder path, it will be redirected to the Sandbox folder. It's possible that some things outside of the chat log still have an effect on it, which the current Sandbox plugin does not consider at all.

Anyway, the purpose of the current plugin is to suppress the crash, which it does. Eventually we'll try to sort the chat disappearing bug out as well, but for now this works good enough to focus on other issues first.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-07-06 04:46:59  
I

You cannot confirm that something doesn't happen, only that it doesn't happen to you :)

Although the number of reports on this not happening with XI-Util suggests a correlation. The Sandbox plugin does work the same way, by creating a separate directory for each character where the chat log is stored, although it does that only for the chat log. XI-Util's Sandbox on the other hand changes registry values for certain folders, meaning every time FFXI has to access that folder path, it will be redirected to the Sandbox folder. It's possible that some things outside of the chat log still have an effect on it, which the current Sandbox plugin does not consider at all.

Anyway, the purpose of the current plugin is to suppress the crash, which it does. Eventually we'll try to sort the chat disappearing bug out as well, but for now this works good enough to focus on other issues first.

I'm not saying its not doing its job just everyone I know using XI-Util and I know a fair number of people using do not have the chat log bug issue of it being cut off. All that use to use XI util were overjoyed at the plugin and some have stuck with it while others like me have returned to XI Util. However all that use to use XI Util never had this issue but since switching do. On that note as you said it changes things in registry and as of late this has started to cause some issues. So there is no ideal solution. Just a case of which lesser evil you can put up with.

Are you personally experiencing chat log cut off using XI Util? Just curious.

Oh and before I'm flamed. I don't expect anything as its free. People do this in their own time and I'm grateful for that alone, so when a fix comes of support comes it comes. No complaints from me at all :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [563 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Brahk
サーバ: Odin
user: Brahk
By Odin.Brahk 2015-01-20 09:56:39  
SUPER sorry to necro this post but I just got into multi-boxing so I downloaded the Sandbox plugin and have had some issues.

Namely I find that often my chat is cut-off/truncated/deleted? and even when it seems that it is not I cannot use the + key to tab my way through Tell, Linkshell, Party messages, etc.

From looking around it seemed like sandbox was to create temp folders/files, but I have been unable to locate those. Any thoughts ideas on what the issue may be? Many thanks.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-01-20 18:33:03  
Is the error happening without Sandbox as well? The folders are located in FFXIInstallPath/TEMP/. This is not a known issue, it's my first time seeing this.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2015-01-20 18:47:40  
I dualbox and see the same thing every now and again if i go a long time between logging out. If it helps any I use the 2 window thingy SE implemented recently
 Odin.Brahk
By Odin.Brahk 2015-01-21 09:08:23  
Is the error happening without Sandbox as well? The folders are located in FFXIInstallPath/TEMP/. This is not a known issue, it's my first time seeing this.

If I unload sandbox, it actually seems better. I can hit the + key and tab through my different chat mediums, view tells, LS chat, etc. However, if I scroll up to look at previous text, I notice that towards the top of the chat it sometimes gets the wrong chat (other character, etc). I'm not sure if the dual window thing implemented by SE is the genesis of why these issues are occurring (though I didn't dual box before so I don't have a baseline comparison).
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-01-21 09:18:42  
So the tabbing works fine until you load Sandbox, then it stops working? If so, that's extremely strange behavior, because Sandbox does nothing to chat behavior...
 Odin.Brahk
By Odin.Brahk 2015-01-21 09:32:53  
Correct. with sandbox unloaded, I can tab through. When I load Sandbox, all the windows are blank (except I can see a few lines of Window 1's chat log). But i can then unload again, close the log and reopen it and the chat again appears.

I have the game's Multi-windows turned off, though I tried with it on and it didn't help.

Should I try unloading all plugins/addons then try with just sandbox?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-01-21 16:03:56  
No, this almost certainly means Sandbox is at fault. Now I just need to figure out how to reproduce it, so I can debug it...
By Pantafernando 2015-01-21 16:12:27  
With regard to sandbox, i disabled that. I dont know if related, but i noticed crashing happened more often with sandbox enabled. Like when i warp to salvage, delve or similar, where all chars are warped simultaneously.

I still crash sometimes but it seems rare than before.

My chars chatlogs seems mixed though. And when i scroll it by expanding, after some few secs with chatlog expanded, the window crashes.
 Odin.Brahk
By Odin.Brahk 2015-01-22 07:29:00  
Thanks for you help on it. If I can provide any logs, screenshots or further information that can assist, please let me know. Thank you.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2015-01-22 07:47:09  
No, this almost certainly means Sandbox is at fault. Now I just need to figure out how to reproduce it, so I can debug it...
It seems to happen to me after I have my chars logged in for a long time. Logging out then back in solves the issue for a while. My battle log hasn't been erased yet, it is always the window that has all the chat in it. Not sure if any of this helps clue you in to where to look.
By geekgirl101 2015-01-22 11:53:29  
This has been known to happen before double windows were added and has been an ongoing issue for years.

If you use sandbox eventually it wipes the text on zoning or expanding the chat window and tabbing to the other channels results in them being empty, and as Pantafernando said one of the clients crashes or freezes when characters from both clients zone/warp at the same time and sometimes just randomly crashes. I often experienced hangups and the drive speeding up which may crash the client if I continued trying to push my character into running or in the middle of typing in the chat window.

If you don't use sandbox then the chat eventually merges from both clients and sometimes results in the client freezing if you expand the chat window and scroll up/down.