フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 4 ... 54 55 56
 Asura.Chuuuuu
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2013-06-11 17:54:37  
I feel like its going to be like mash x, am I hitting something? where am I? HUH? xD
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-06-11 18:01:36  
Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
Fenrir.Camiie said: »
Eh, I was kind of hoping they'd step back from the modern or futuristic and give us something more medieval for XV.
I agree with that.. futuristic is nice but going old school wouldn't hurt it, either.

Just reminds you of all the other futuristic games out there now and not the distinguishable "Final Fantasy".
Distinguishable? Almost every RPG ever made has been medieval. And Final Fantasy wasn't even the first to do so. All Final Fantasy did to make it stand out was, after FFI, to mix futuristic technology with medieval weaponry and setting. FF 1-6, 9-12, 14 and the Tactics series have all done this. 7 series, 8 and 13 series are the only exceptions where they've got futuristic technology and setting with medieval weaponry.

Futuristic is far less touched upon. Xeno-series, Mass Effect and Star Ocean have been the only notable futuristic RPGs that I can think of.
 Lakshmi.Mineyl
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Mineyl
By Lakshmi.Mineyl 2013-06-11 18:24:16  
Maybe slightly off-topic, but the rebranding of Versus makes me ponder the fate of Type-0, seeing as it was also part of the XIII mythos before its break away. What's happening here clearly shows that SE is not afraid to rename and even "reconsole" its unreleased titles. Fingers crossed that we'll someday see it in English?
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-06-11 18:25:58  
I wish I were fluent in Japanese, I'd just buy Type-0 as is. Looks amazing.
 Carbuncle.Blazer
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2013-06-11 21:31:03  
One of the issues they probably had with the "versus" name is that it would have been the 4th Final Fantasy 13. That just seems like for the general gaming public it would have been overwhelming/feeling like you're milking it a bit. But a numbered Final Fantasy is something I think we all take (lolsayingthisaboutavideogame) seriously.

I really wish they would have just stuck with the Fabula Nova Crystallis as it would have been really cool for all 3 of the stories to have some relationship. I can't see that happening now.
 Sylph.Knala
サーバ: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-06-11 21:46:31  
Carbuncle.Blazer said: »
I really wish they kept this as an "off the number" type FF game. All the FF games are RTB games in one way or another. This game seems like an action game, albeit a very awesome looking one.

Eh 12 was kind of a blurred lines game then again if you ask me 11 and 14 shouldn't have had numbers either.
 Carbuncle.Blazer
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2013-06-11 21:54:31  
Sylph.Knala said: »
I really wish they kept this as an "off the number" type FF game. All the FF games are RTB games in one way or another. This game seems like an action game, albeit a very awesome looking one.

Eh 12 was kind of a blurred lines game then again if you ask me 11 and 14 shouldn't have had numbers either.

11,12,14 all had/have ATB combat in one way or another. FF15 (I hate calling it this) is an action game.

I would have been cool with them calling 11 Final Fantasy Online, and 14 Final Fantasy Online-2. FFO, FFO-2 actually have a pretty good ring to them.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lunarvega
By Ragnarok.Lunarvega 2013-06-11 22:02:40  
I get it if it come out...
By Enuyasha 2013-06-11 22:11:34  

11,12,14 all had/have ATB combat in one way or another. FF15 (I hate calling it this) is an action game.

I would have been cool with them calling 11 Final Fantasy Online, and 14 Final Fantasy Online-2. FFO, FFO-2 actually have a pretty good ring to them.
ATB elements are nice, RTS/TTB is *** stupid in a fantasy battle oriented RPG. I hate waiting on the computer to decide wether i can dodge an attack or not and my life sitting in the hands of 1 turn away wasting a viable turn on curing myself. ITs highly annoying and i'd definitely like to see FF outside of its MMOs to get really good at free roaming battle.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-06-11 22:13:49  

FFs have always been about change.

The gameplay will always evolve, there are just evolutions that are more radical than others. I'll take FFXV's gameplay over FFXIII any day.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-12 04:06:16  
Lakshmi.Mineyl said: »
Maybe slightly off-topic, but the rebranding of Versus makes me ponder the fate of Type-0, seeing as it was also part of the XIII mythos before its break away. What's happening here clearly shows that SE is not afraid to rename and even "reconsole" its unreleased titles. Fingers crossed that we'll someday see it in English?
With Wada not in charge anymore there might be hope. At least I have hope. I was anticipating that game so much I'm really bitter that they haven't exported it yet.
By pchan 2013-06-12 04:27:28  
I bought my PS3 about 7 years ago thinking I would play FF14 on it. This ***will not come until 5 years. And even then it will be a pathetic linear game like FFX-XII-XIII and tomb raider.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-12 04:36:20  
lol @ XII being linear
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-12 04:37:48  
I did just about everything except the story in XII lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-12 04:47:00  
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/qiqmcn/final-fantasy-xv-e3-2013--q---a-part-1

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/yz068x/final-fantasy-xv-e3-2013--q---a-part-2
 Bahamut.Scizor
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2013-06-12 06:19:41  
pchan said: »
I bought my PS3 about 7 years ago thinking I would play FF14 on it. This ***will not come until 5 years. And even then it will be a pathetic linear game like FFX-XII-XIII and tomb raider.
I don't think Pchan knows what linear means, he is French though.
By Eijii 2013-06-12 07:04:11  
people were going crazy because of the battle system and now that it's finally confirmed people cry about it? grow up people lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2013-06-12 07:17:16  

Name me a less linear FF than FFXII?

Also people, don't knock the new battle system/setting until you try it for yourself! If you go into something with a negative outlook you only reduce your own enjoyment for no good reason!
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-06-12 07:46:40  

Fear not!

FFXIV's coming to PS3, Beta phase 3 is friday get your app in!
By Quiznor 2013-06-12 07:50:32  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

Fear not!

FFXIV's coming to PS3, Beta phase 3 is friday get your app in!

Ban
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-06-12 07:51:38  
oh is that an nda breach again? :x
By Sugarush 2013-06-12 19:39:24  
If I wanted to play Devil May Cry, I would buy DMC. Why are they going this direction??
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-12 19:41:52  
We've known since they first announced it lol, come on now.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-06-12 19:42:22  
FFXII is literally the opposite of linear.
By Quiznor 2013-06-13 07:05:20  
FFXV confirmed to have multiple direct sequels.....

Hope everyone likes FFXV-2 and FFXV-3,noct's laundry day!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-13 07:09:45  
It's different if they do it because they need to in order to complete the story and not just because they need the money. Guess we'll have to see which it is.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-13 07:15:15  
Sugarush said: »
If I wanted to play Devil May Cry, I would buy DMC. Why are they going this direction??

I dont understand why people are now complaining about the battle system... it's been known for a VERY long time that it was different than previous FF
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-13 07:19:51  
Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
Sugarush said: »

I dont understand why people are now complaining about the battle system... it's been known for a VERY long time that it was different than previous FF
Reminds me of Kingdom Hearts, so I don't get it either.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 54 55 56