フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Divine Might
Divine Might
First Page 2
 Odin.Karusan
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-06 01:12:00  
Our linkshell is probably going to do it soon because a few people want to change over their earrings and one or two need it for the mission but is there anyone else out there in Odin land that needs DM for any reason? We can probably leave some spots open to people outside the LS or if lots of people want it I can just organise it for the majority.

It will be organised in JP time as we're an aussie based linkshell.
 Odin.Avionae
user:
By Odin.Avionae 2009-07-06 05:19:38
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I need it^^ possibly let me know times I have brd, Drg or Nin
 Sylph.Cohan
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-07-06 05:46:14  
15 blms 3 cors........ enough said >.>
GL tho ^^ /cheer
By Odin.Joeofalltrades 2009-07-06 06:04:40  
I need this as well but I am on EST. What time are you looking to do it?
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-06 06:23:11  
Use this:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
 Odin.Alexxe
user:
By Odin.Alexxe 2009-07-06 07:21:25

Me and my husband both need this fight, again just depends on the times really. He has MNK and THF, and i have SAM and DNC. Let me know if interested, thx^^
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-07-06 07:37:00  
I do kind of wish that server specific forums be taken from the main page of the FFXIAH.com website, limit it to general, crafting, and off-topic only. Or maybe sort it so if it is on the server set by the user, it'll block others. Just an idea, I hate seeing a topic for something I need then realizing its not for my world.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-06 08:02:43  
Chances are it will be a Saturday night for us, our events start at 5pm usually so it'll either be gather then or a bit later, at 9pm we do Limbus so we'd want to be done before then I guess. Use this link to convert 5pm our time to your time:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=26&year=2009&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=57&sort=2

I think we might do it in 4-5 Saturdays from now (8th/15th August).
 Odin.Avionae
user:
By Odin.Avionae 2009-07-15 15:52:41

Any news on a specific date thanks in advanced
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-15 21:19:37  
Still looking at the 8th or 15th of August.
 Odin.Iceman
user: Iceman
By Odin.Iceman 2009-07-19 07:54:11  
If im on and bored ill help if you need me
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-19 08:18:15  
We shouldn't need any help unless a whole bunch of people are randomly absent, it's just that only a few of us actually need it, so we're offering other people the chance to join in if they need it too.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-07-21 12:20:55  
Gonna bump for the super useful time converter this week.
Rerail: What method are you gonna use on DM?
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-21 12:50:53  
If I recall correctly, a popular method is to instead of kiting every AA except the one being zerged is to have a PLD/RDM or /BLU go in and supertank. I also heard of bard pulling off the supertank role as initial aggro without taking any action against the mob won't diffuse hate twords others that would be cure-bombing him. Sounds alot more effective than how I did it back in 2005 lol.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-07-21 12:57:05  
Cohan said:
15 blms 3 cors........ enough said >.>
GL tho ^^ /cheer

This!
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 12:58:28  
We're not a blm heavy shell, but we do have some reasonably decent pld's. However, while you'd have to ask Karu, I'm going to assume we'll be kiting and killing them one by one, that would be my preference anyway as it's fairly simple but the safest way if you have a few good kiters. (imo)
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-07-21 13:14:47  
Try this, it worked when I lead my Divine Might run:

First Party:

PLD
PLD
RDM
WHM
SAM
SAM

Second Party:
SAM
SAM
SAM
SAM
BRD
WHM

Third Party:
RDM(or WHM, now I'm thinking about it)
BLM
DD
DD
DD
DD

As you noticed, I have 6 SAMs that are the DDs. YOU HAVE TO HAVE 6 SAMs AS THE DDs OR THIS STRATAGY WILL NOT WORK. You can have more than 6 SAMs, just have at LEAST 6.

Ok, now you are asking this, what in the hell do I want 6+ SAMs for? Simple.

Assign 3 groups of 2 SAMs. Have them 2hr Light barrage on 1 of the AAs each. The HM, MK, and GK. Have the 2 PLDs hold the EV. The HM/MK/GK will die in less than 30 seconds if you have nobody but your SAMs Seigan/Third Eye tank them. When the 3 mobs are dead, everyone zerg the EV, and rest to full for the TT kill. You can elect to kill the 2 pets, but you can also keep them slept if your BLM is good enough.

Zerg the TT and you should win by breaking the record. I know we did, first try too on this stratagy. And I was the RDM who pulled and died first.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 13:24:54  
Not really after advice dude, it's what, a 7 year old fight? We're simply offering people on Odin a chance to get it done who might not be able to get it done, as I'm sure most of us can relate to having troubles getting this fight done.

The fight itself isn't hard with a well organised group - which we are, it's simply a matter of actually organising the people to do it.

There's a good chance my previous post made it look like I had no idea what the plan is, but that's only because I have no idea what the plan is. I'm a leader in the shell in the sense that I do points and hold pop items and stuff, but I'm way too lazy to actually organise stuff.

So having said that, if you're on Odin and need DM, please send a PM to Odin.Karusan or /tell him in game I guess as he's the one organising this.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-07-21 13:27:29  
I was giving an alt stratagy for those who think BLM burns ftw....

I'm tired of seeing "You can't win DM without having 15+ BLMs"

That ***is stupid, although effective as it is....but not everyone likes being a BLM, so I offer this as an alternative.

Besides, it was you who said you aren't a BLM heavy shell, well, there ya go.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-21 23:35:14  
I've organised multiple DM's without BLM burning. I actually want to try the supertank method with PLD/BLU just to see what it's like but I'll come up with the strategy on the night based on who we have attending.

At a guess it'll be something like:
PLD/BLU BLU RDM BRD WHM SCH
BRD BLM BLM BLM BLM BLMorSMN
then a few melee or whatnot

Should be cake.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-21 23:38:54  
PLD/BLU isn't a good idea

if the PLD Spirit withins you or w/e your f???? it did like 3k~ dmg to our PLD/BLU

Why cant people just Super kite it

if you dont have 15blm

just have people super kite w/e your not fighting and bring em in when your ready for em
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-21 23:56:14  
I think you missed the part where I said I want to try it.

Thank you for your input Thunderz. I did take it into consideration and looked up some things on the fight to consider possible strategies however I will still probably stick with a PLD/BLU tank in this situation.

PLD/NIN would be pointless due to shadows dropping immediately, if they cast. PLD/WAR is probably acceptable with defender. PLD/BLU you gain higher MP, defense and stat bonuses making it better than /WAR if you have it. PLD/RDM would probably be the other alternative but it doesn't really give you anything that you would use in this situation, especially since I know our RDM has Phalanx II.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-22 00:00:53  
Np just giving advice

the best way to handle it would have someone kite the pld while you hold the rest
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-22 00:05:35  
Alternatively pull it really far back and kill it second after the taru. However, I'd rather not do this due to it being more of an mp drain on the PLD support party since it's a longer kill. I'll figure it out on the night.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-26 10:36:00  
Ok just to bump this, we're planning on doing this 15th August at 5pm AEST, check link above for time conversions. Send me a PM on here or in game if you want to come along so I can make room for you.
 Bismarck.Nadesco
user: nadesco
By Bismarck.Nadesco 2009-07-26 11:16:12  
the best way i have found to beat DM is the Super Tank. i have done DM about 10 times and lost once using super tank plan.

here is how it works

party setup

ST party
pld/blu set spells giving vit and HP. keep cocoon up at all times. Note i would not do this fight unless you can get 900+ def and 110 vit, more is better i normally had 999 def, 125ish vit and about 1500HP (i am a taru so if i can do it anyone can lol)
whm
rdm
brd
some kind of healer / buffer blu, rdm, whm or sch will work fine
puller ( normally a thf )

tank party
pld/war
pld/war
rdm
whm
dd
dd

DD party
rdm or whm
dd
dd
dd
blm
blm any heavy dd will work you will need alot of damage fast

plan

super tank works like this. in the ST party the ST is everything he dies you wipe. keep cures, stoneskin and other buffs up as much as you can. as for the brd in the ST party they have to keep def. songs on the ST at all times. the ST it's self needs to gear for shield skill VIT and hp, enmity will play no part in the fight and things like fastcast and haste help but not very much.
after enter the tank party and DD party stay in the hallway near the porter and the ST party move to the stairs. the mages stand at the top of the stairs near the door. puller moves 1/2 down the stairs and locks on to the elven. have brd 2hour and buff everyone then the pld will inch down until he's argoed, once they start moving the ST moves to the middle of the stairs and faces the mobs. when the elven hit the stairs the puller pulls it and takes it to the tank and dd party for killing. after the Elven is dead pull the galka next. it's VERY important that you get the elven dead and the galka off the ST as fast as you can. after the galka is dead you have (for the most part) won. pull the hume next then the Mithra keeping the pets for last. Note that the TT will not leave the BC floor so you don't have to worry about him until last. rest up and go in and rape the TT. congrats you won.

what makes this work is that the ST never does anything to the mobs. don't attack flash or do anything on the mobs. this keeps argo hate on the ST. as long as no one does anything to a mob they will happily beat on the ST no matter what you do the to ST. Note at the start and until the galka is off the ST the mages will have to almost cure bomb the ST. for some reason SMN pets (or any other pets for that matter) messes up the argo hate. Because of this you should NEVER put a pet job in the ST party. there fine in any other party just as long as the Tank has hate on the mob before any pet is pulled out or released.

edit: if anyone needs help in my server with DM i will be happy to ST it (as long as i don't have a LS event)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-26 11:45:46  
Korpg said:
I was giving an alt stratagy for those who think BLM burns ftw....

I'm tired of seeing "You can't win DM without having 15+ BLMs"

That ***is stupid, although effective as it is....but not everyone likes being a BLM, so I offer this as an alternative.

Besides, it was you who said you aren't a BLM heavy shell, well, there ya go.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of people who give strategies like this. Although yeah it works, you're right not everyone wants to be or even has BLM leveled.

Blazza said:
We're not a blm heavy shell, but we do have some reasonably decent pld's. However, while you'd have to ask Karu, I'm going to assume we'll be kiting and killing them one by one, that would be my preference anyway as it's fairly simple but the safest way if you have a few good kiters. (imo)

I found having a PLD/WAR for each Angel not currently being fought with a rdm sch whm (healer basically) dedicated to keeping them alive works very well.

Blazza said:

The fight itself isn't hard with a well organised group - which we are, it's simply a matter of actually organising the people to do it.

Very good point on this battle. Also making sure people actually listen and do their job as well of course is the key.

Kyaaadaa said:
I do kind of wish that server specific forums be taken from the main page of the FFXIAH.com website, limit it to general, crafting, and off-topic only. Or maybe sort it so if it is on the server set by the user, it'll block others. Just an idea, I hate seeing a topic for something I need then realizing its not for my world.

Yeah LOL! That's why people not on the particular server reply, well plus those who have failed the battle and finally found a strategy that works makes people feel inclined to offer help. Like I am doing, lol.

As far as the Fight goes it took me 4 tries, each one was almost always a different group of people, strategy, etc. The first 2 times super kiting with a PLD/RDM first time and a PLD/BLU 2nd time didn't work for me. (I don't have blu or rdm leveled so it wasn't me, lol.)

Once the strategy then included a PLD/WAR + healer to hold each angel until the DDs are ready, it becomes just a matter of kill order. 3rd fail was trying to kill the Elvaan first and save the taru for last. 4th time, which was a great victory (no wipes) was to have enough mages to nuke the Taru first, then the Mithra cause of the pet, then the Galka, Hume, and Elvaan last.

But Good luck with using a PLD/BLU super tank method. Could have just been unlucky or the skill of the PLD/BLU when I was apart of that attempt. Who knows thought, maybe you guys can make it work.

So yeah my 2 cents, but hopefully you're method will work too, there's definitely a lot of way to this, depending upon what jobs you get, etc.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-28 20:53:47  
Bumping this sorry.

Did those that posted previously who said they wanted to come send me a PM if the 15th of August and the time specified is ok with them?

I'm not changing the time but know they're coming would be nice.
 Bismarck.Seatbelt
user: seatbelt
By Bismarck.Seatbelt 2009-07-28 23:00:47  
I know someone already mentioned this but if you're going to go PLD/BLU supertank make sure you take out the ELV first. She can and will one-shot your supertank.

When we designed the DM ST method 4 or 5 of us went in and tested some things against the individual AAs. We were debating which one to take out first and we went in to toy with the ELV. A couple hits into the fight she did 3k to our PLD with SW and that put a quick end to the debate.

I only repeat this because you said you've never done this method before. It's always worked great for me. Good luck!
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-28 23:05:50  
Thank you Seatbelt for the very worthwhile contribution, it's nice hearing someone say something constructive and informative while being very easy to read and understand what is being said.

(No I am not being sarcastic)

First Page 2