FFXI 'Placebo' Effect.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » FFXI 'Placebo' Effect.
FFXI 'Placebo' Effect.
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-07-06 13:31:47  
Ever wonder if SE just says that certain things exist just to make you feel better?

For example, this 'Artisan's Advantage' kupower...wtf SE, make your ***work. Was crafting Colossal Skulls with 96 Bonecraft to skill up and out of my 30 skulls I failed 7 times...lost the skull every time.

On the plus side I went from 96.1 to 97.3 on those 23 successes.

But damn...I wish some things SE says are there were actually noticable.
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-07-06 13:35:00  
Superior placebo : need THF in party getting deathblow for TH to work.
 Bahamut.Citag
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-07-06 13:36:54
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I swear I havnt noticed anything with the martial arts one.
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-07-06 13:38:24  
I know...Im not too sure but on Shiva we have gotten Mystery Boxes"Nation"X2 for 4 weeks in a row!!!...
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-06 14:03:59  
Citag said:
I swear I havnt noticed anything with the martial arts one.

I have. I was getting .4s and .5s out the *** in an exp party in Kuftal Tunnel. I definately love Martial Master, everyone in my ls sees it.
 Bahamut.Citag
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-07-06 14:11:20
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I must have horrible luck then.
 Fairy.Conchita
サーバ: Fairy
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-07-06 14:15:30  
Bojack said:
Ever wonder if SE just says that certain things exist just to make you feel better?

For example, this 'Artisan's Advantage' kupower...wtf SE, make your ***work. Was crafting Colossal Skulls with 96 Bonecraft to skill up and out of my 30 skulls I failed 7 times...lost the skull every time.

On the plus side I went from 96.1 to 97.3 on those 23 successes.

But damn...I wish some things SE says are there were actually noticable.

someone in my ls made imperial wootz ingots. broke one of 12 synths. would be ok I guess if it wasn't a complete full break. He also has the signboard lol.
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-07-06 14:20:48  
artisan's advantage doesnt have any effect on synths where in which a material/the materials are lost 100% of the time on a fail.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2009-07-06 15:20:41  
There are many high level materials that will be lost 100% of the time on any kind of break.

Prime example atm is the imperial wootz, off the top of my head no other come to mind, I want to say behemoth leathers on certain synths, but I'm not sure on that
 Siren.Markii
サーバ: Siren
user: Markai
By Siren.Markii 2009-07-06 15:36:52  
haku eyes. but don't know if that qualifies as high level as i don't know the synth level.
 Fenrir.Sphynx
By Fenrir.Sphynx 2009-07-06 17:52:00  
You were in a conquest area when you were crafting right? I did that during the intial event when we had all 11 powers. I was crafting in whitegate and was like wtf why no skill ups?! until it occurred to me Kupo powers aren't in effect in WG.
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-07-06 20:25:20  
I'm pretty sure you need to have signet on and be in one of the original areas for the Kupo Powers to work. I don't craft but I did notice Martial Master gives you more skill ups. I went from 20 - 175 on sword in half a day.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-07-07 01:44:37  
Sphynx said:
You were in a conquest area when you were crafting right? I did that during the intial event when we had all 11 powers. I was crafting in whitegate and was like wtf why no skill ups?! until it occurred to me Kupo powers aren't in effect in WG.

Yea I was in bastok. But it has no effect on skilling up your craft, just lessens the amount you lose when you break. I guess Colossal Skulls are one of those 100% loss synths.
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-07-07 01:56:45  
Sphynx said:

lol thats cute
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-07-07 02:25:41  
Markii said:
haku eyes. but don't know if that qualifies as high level as i don't know the synth level.

Synth is level 85 alchemy, but given that I got to 97 without too much of a considerable effort, lets not say that its "high".
 Midgardsormr.Corwen
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Corwen
By Midgardsormr.Corwen 2009-07-07 03:40:09  
I can confirm that artisan's advantage works and is indeed somewhat noticeable. I saved quite a few tea leaves and distilled waters that I probably wouldn't have as my behemoth hides blew up from bonanza :D

In all seriousness though, pretty much any of the raw synthesis mats that come from dynamis (colossal skull, lancewood log, wootz ore, etc.) are lost nearly 100% of the time on a fail so 7/7 loss even with the kupower active is not surprising to me. Its not quite 100%, but more like 98-99% chance you'll lose it.
 Kujata.Nanyo
サーバ: Kujata
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-07-07 06:59:18  
Akeda said:
I'm pretty sure you need to have signet on and be in one of the original areas for the Kupo Powers to work. I don't craft but I did notice Martial Master gives you more skill ups. I went from 20 - 175 on sword in half a day.

nope, no need to get Signet, I can get Swift shoes without Signet in any of the areas.

I wish it was signet bound though... because then I wouldn't need to hear what Kupo powers I have Every time I zoned XD Only when I got Signet
 Fenrir.Rrylia
user: Devinry
By Fenrir.Rrylia 2009-07-07 07:07:40  
Signboard + effect saved me a Cerb Hide when I was trying to craft a mantle for an LS friend, I was pretty pleased about it then ;) (Though of course, this could have happened anyway). There does seem to be some very weak 'mog rewards' though vs. others which are really impressive.
 Siren.Bungie
サーバ: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-07-07 07:09:46  
everything within FF that cant be proven is a placebo. specially TH!
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-07-07 07:22:57  
I've always got better drops on gods when I get stuck going THF with TH2 then TH3. Just because I forget to put on my TK near the end.