What To Merit On RUN?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » What to merit on RUN?
What to merit on RUN?
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 08:29:05  
Samurai.

I personally need Scherzo or EA to reliablly survive Uproot.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-08-04 08:41:06  
Ive asked for scherzo and at least 1 ballad (foil spam eats mp) in a 4+ song buff setup when tanking other things, and I was wondering if I was being paranoid or not.
What do you feel is the ideal set of songs for RUN tanking when you only have 3/4 songs or 6+ song setups?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 08:52:45  
I find that foil frequently has no effect when SMN are around and Yumcax gives some debuff that makes it fail.

Foil seems pretty impotent versus "all we do is magic tp moves" Naakuals anyhow and Uproot seems to reset hate making long term attempts at low- colonization hate hokding futile solo.

Marches are great, scherzo is helpful on the tree but I hav additional no real trouble trucking through static prison on DNC/SAM with only a whm to support me so it's not necessary there.

Otherwise I feel like the best route is to maximize your damage output whilst maintaing your passive durability.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-08-04 08:54:30  
If you have a smn (for EA) then marchx2 ballad III I would imagine that would be a good set of songs. If you have a 4 song and no smn then use scherzo as 4th song or no smn and 3 song scherzo ballad march.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 08:57:55  
Honestly Refresh + devotion were enough to keep me unworried about my MP but if you're subbing SAM yyou're already signing a blood cpntract to limit your casting.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-08-04 09:03:54  
For shark zone what sub was the RUN? Where they going /NIN for sword DW or /SAM for GS and just sword + boarding it the krab?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 09:15:07  
Also people keep bitching about RUN and physical damage but they seem to forget nothing in XI can kill any unweakened non-mage with physical damage provided that a.) the player possess at least a hybrid set and b.) They are backed by a WHM who is awake.

The dev post about tanking and dding was very telling and seems to fit with the job design.

I mean, run can get 75% mdt to one element naked ( and ovet 40% to all others if you pop embolden and shrltered before the whm shells you) leaving you free to focus your efforts on melee stats or PDT. Embolden Shell V caps mdt with just ba defending ring or two dark rings.

It seems they intend for RUN to go all out offense and let the JAs and occasional spell passively handle the rest.

Also Saevel, they were /Sam.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-04 09:41:32  
But has anyone attempted to make a hybrid PDT/DT- set with the currently available gear? I'd be interested in seeing someone atleast attempt in making one that could reliably be used.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 09:49:46  
Yeah I have six different hybrid sets. I am posting from my phone though.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-04 09:52:30  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Yeah I have six different hybrid sets.
Can i have a peek ('~') I'd like to see what to aim for besides thurandaut boots and the massive amount of non-haste DT- pieces that are obvious.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 09:55:05  
Item sets are a pain from my phone, will post later!
By Enuyasha 2013-08-04 09:57:56  
Item sets are a pain from my phone, will post later!
Mkaythanx :)
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-08-04 10:24:47  
For pdt sets where I try to maintain capped haste, this is what I use right now

ItemSet 310070

This only puts me at 23% pdt, but I find RUN gets enough evasion that i've had Delve NMs (raptor chomprush, chapuli blades) and IT+ monsters (Tulfiare pentapeck,etc) completely whiff their multihit physical TP moves even with Foil not being up.

My current feeling is that at worst if I was stuck in red hp and riddled with status ailments so I could not JA/cast, i'd dump TP and swap in a terra staff to bump myself another 20%pdt and hope 43% pdt and all my eva gear will save my butt till the whm does their job.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-04 10:47:04  
Hedera's 1% Haste (or for that matter, even Beguiler's) is never worth using over Thaumas.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-08-04 11:05:42  
Honestly Refresh + devotion were enough to keep me unworried about my MP but if you're subbing SAM yyou're already signing a blood cpntract to limit your casting.

Or an elvaan like me with 400mp....
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 11:06:52  
Get a pyakapoopoo belt.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-08-04 11:08:24  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Hedera's 1% Haste (or for that matter, even Beguiler's) is never worth using over Thaumas.
I dont have thaumas so its either hedera or tessera as my only usable options at the moment. Hedera at least gives me extra hp buffer.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 11:10:44  
Manibozho jerkin for accuracy situations (e.g im fighting yumcax or zapdos with no acc buffs)
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-04 11:12:17  
Thurandaut has 5% haste too if you're not making use of the accuracy on Manibozho and don't want to augment it. Manibozho is getting some HP (31) on Monday if that really bothers you.

Actually, it's getting a lot of STR (11) and evasion (25) too, so I would just definitely go for Manibozho.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-04 11:13:54  
Voting manibozho.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-08-04 11:23:29  
I had been putting off getting mani body until seeing the test server changes go live *and* seeing what the next armor sets are like.

If I get the mani body it seems like rank15 eva path is the way to go to continue my evasion stacking obsession on RUN and have it usable for my cor+dnc also since itll have a ton of AGI.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 11:27:27  
Mani body will be the best Resolution body with STR path post update!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-08-04 13:57:38  
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
For shark zone what sub was the RUN? Where they going /NIN for sword DW or /SAM for GS and just sword + boarding it the krab?

They usually /SAM from what I've seen. I'm not sure which one is more optimal though, since my RUN is lv 1 and kinda not familiar with the job ._.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-04 14:31:48  
RUN has basically no options that don't totally suck for an offhand, so there's no real reason to try to optimize for /NIN dual wielding.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-08-04 16:43:23  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

They usually /SAM from what I've seen. I'm not sure which one is more optimal though, since my RUN is lv 1 and kinda not familiar with the job ._.

/SAM is what I thought would be the best. The really funny part is that I already have all the best gear for RUN due to it sharing so much with BLU.
 Cerberus.Berkley
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Berkley 2013-08-09 15:28:00  
Leviathan.Wolfemasters said: »
There was a post about this already, where'd it go?

I really think that meriting "Sleight of Sword" could be quite useful. You add a full 25 points of Subtle Blow to RUN and the mob isn't going to get squat for TP. Since you are going to keep Swordplay up as much as possible, why wouldn't you take it?

And as far as Inspiration goes, that should be a 5/5 too. Especially if you are already meriting Vallation 5/5. That's going to make it even stronger and adding a 50% Fast Cast.

And if you 5/5 Rune Enchantment, you are furthering those other merits even more.

so back on topic is this the general agreement with how merits should be spent on RUN?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-09 15:32:50  
Nope.
I went(and am adamant about it): 5 battuta, 4 inspiration and 1 rayke. Group 1 instead 5 vallation and runes.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-09 15:34:11  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Nope.
I went(and am adamant about it): 5 battuta, 4 inspiration and 1 rayke. Group 1 instead 5 vallation and runes.
I agree with this, but i went with Gambit recast. I may be redoing that lest merit >_>
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-08-09 16:00:04  
5/5 Rune Effect OR Pflug (personally did Pflug 'cause it's infinitely more useful atm)
5/5 Valiance/Vallation (given)

5/5 Battuta (given)
5/5 Inspiration (the 10% fast cast is more valuable at the moment than the -15~30 magic evasion to a single element from Rayke imo; it serves no functional use at the moment and I have doubts that it will in the foreseeable future. instant stoneskins hooray)
 Cerberus.Berkley
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Berkley 2013-08-09 16:03:45  
Thanks Prothescar