Is It Worth It?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Is It Worth It?
Is It Worth It?
 Ragnarok.Illumin
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: sylvanica
By Ragnarok.Illumin 2013-08-05 00:42:04  
Here's the deal:

I loved RNG back when I had it at 75. I camped a Vali's Bow and an Obow, and I loved playing the job.

In the current climate, though, many people have told me RNG just isn't worth getting to 99 and trying to fully gear, since it doesn't get invited to anything. I have a friend who loved Ranger but never gets to use it except for blue procs in Abyssea from time to time.

I know I should play a job I find fun, but I also don't want to pour a ton of effort into a job and then never get to play it outside of doing reives.

Thanks for your time! : )
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-08-05 01:07:30  
Ranger has always required top end gear (player rep also factors in) to get invites, I'm sure that hasn't changed at all. Could you catch your RNG up sure, but not while playing it.
 Siren.Knivesz
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-05 02:41:04  
Rangers used to be heavily relied on for delve mega bosses and such. However now that more people have access to the mega boss delve weapons, and have determined working strategies to beat them, ranger has once again taken its place next to dragoon as a loldd job. With every event now having daurdabla bard rotations giving melees haste and accuracy, ranger has absolutely no chance at keeping up with any competent frontline dd in dps, thus they are considered a waste of space in such events. You wont be getting many invites as ranger but if you insist on leveling it you will absolutely need Annihilator (if you dont have it already). Some people may give you a slot in the party with that weapon as most consider it to be the only legitimate weapon ranger has.
[+]
 Shiva.Bailiegrace
サーバ: Shiva
user: Bai
By Shiva.Bailiegrace 2013-08-05 02:52:59  
You have COR at 99, how well is it geared/merited?
You may have better luck going that route since it is already at 99.
By Squish 2013-08-05 03:25:56  
Siren.Knivesz said: »
\ absolutely need Annihilator (if you dont have it already). Some people may give you a slot in the party with that weapon as most consider it to be the only legitimate weapon ranger has.

I was going to say this. Our LS only brings RNG with this particular weapon.

I would also say that getting it to the level 90 version "is good enough".
 Ragnarok.Illumin
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: sylvanica
By Ragnarok.Illumin 2013-08-05 04:09:17  
Thanks for the blunt responses so far; I definitely don't see myself leveling Ranger now.

My COR is okay, fully merited but not really pimped out. I just wanted to level a "real DD job" (most of my jobs are support). BLU isn't a "real DD job" since I've only seen BLU needed for Voidwatch.

Other suggestions welcome, though.