First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-18 14:01:54  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Artemicion said:
Kungfuhustle said:
weed is the lesser of two evils. You'll never hear about someone OD'ing on weed, and even though potheads tend to either turn into sloths or be happy, the effects wear off and their day continues.

That's because weed doesn't directly affect your nervous system like other hardcore stuff (ie: cocaine, heroine, crack, ALCOHOL etc.) do.

Modified.

Well yeah, too much in one sitting before your body can diffuse and break down the alcohol will kill ya via alcohol blood poisoning. Drink too much over a long period of time your body will gain dependency and suffer from really painful and possibly fatal withdrawals.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-18 14:10:05  
Jesus... 5 minute poison effect from a damn fly. Good thing I'm a MNK -.-
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-18 14:10:11  
Artemicion said:
Well yeah, too much in one sitting before your body can diffuse and break down the alcohol will kill ya via alcohol blood poisoning. Drink too much over a long period of time your body will gain dependency and suffer from really painful and possibly fatal withdrawals.

Yeah I know, like I said originally, it's just the hypocrisy of it that drives me crazy. The only reason Alcohol is legal is because White people do it. Seriously...Marijuana was made illegal because it was being used widely by Mexican community and it was an easy way to discriminate against them.

From Wikipedia:

The slang word marihuana/marijuana is probably of Mexican origin. In the years leading up to the tax act considerable issues existed involving illegal immigration of Mexicans into the United States, and the one thing Mexicans were identified as being in possession of was cannabis, which they called marihuana. The southern border states called for action. According to the History Channel's, "Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way",[9] Harry Anslinger resisted the call to consider criminalizing cannabis but, under considerable pressure by southern states and recent propaganda/horror movies inspired by such notable figures as William Randolf Hearst, Anslinger bowed to pressure and, hoping to copy the success of the tax act earlier created to ban possession of machine guns, he created the tax act to ban marihuana. After the enactment, illegal immigrants and U.S. citizens could be arrested for possession of cannabis.

Same thing with Opium and the Asian community.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-18 14:11:40  
For the record as well, I generally subscribe to the "don't knock it till you've tried it" idea excluding gay sex and dangerous ***, like gay sex .. and heroin. lol I'm also against cigarettes as well as alcohol (although I've tried both and still drink really rarely) in general just because of the literal harm they cause and am not looking forward to the day my Mother, Brothers and extended family find out it's too late to stop, as well as knowing a handful of people and families that have suffered through alcohol abuse. It's because of this that I think it's *** ridiculous that these things are allowed to poison us (I realize we allow it to happen) while marijuana is sending people to jail, and for what? Because some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE commercial shows 4 dumb *** teens getting high, going to McDonald's and running a little girl over? *** please. lol The people are as much to blame as the substance.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-18 14:13:28  
so...how do you know you dont like gay sex unless you tried it? o;
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-18 14:14:02  
Ludoggy said:
so...how do you know you dont like gay sex unless you tried it? o;

Does a naked guy get you hard? Good indicator...
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-18 14:14:51  
Now I can't help but think of the first 5 minutes of the movie Pineapple Express lol.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-18 14:16:13  
Random fact of the day. Opium is mentioned in literature so far back as The Iliad. After Troy fell and Helen of Troy (OMG SPOILARZ!) was retaken by Agamemnon, the only way they could tolerate each other was baked out of their mind on Opium. True story, read the book.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-18 14:16:47  
Caiyuo said:
It's because of this that I think it's *** ridiculous that these things are allowed to poison us (I realize we allow it to happen) while marijuana is sending people to jail

Totally. I really wanna know what great change there would be in our society of Marijuana were legalized and taxed/limited the same way as alcohol and cigarettes, outside of the piles of money pouring in of course...
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-18 14:17:13  
With that said; don't eat a poppy seed muffin prior to a drug test. You will be tested positive for opium.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-18 14:17:17  
Eternaltriumph said:
Random fact of the day. Opium is mentioned in literature so far back as The Iliad. After Troy fell and Helen of Troy (OMG SPOILARZ!) was retaken by Agamemnon, the only way they could tolerate each other was baked out of their mind on Opium. True story, read the book.

The translator lied.
and homer lied too.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-18 14:17:41  
Since I dont feel like quoting it all
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_marijuana
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-18 14:18:20  
I read latin. Translator is irrelevant!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-18 14:19:44  
I wanna try Opium O.o
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-18 14:24:47  
Kungfuhustle said:
I wanna try Opium O.o

take pics.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-18 14:28:51  
Some quotes from that article:

THC has an extremely low toxicity and the amount that can enter the body through the consumption of cannabis plants poses no threat of death. In lab animal tests, scientists have had much difficulty administering a dosage of THC that is high enough to be lethal. It also appears that humans cannot die from ingesting too much THC, unless it were introduced into the body intravenously (See also: Intravenous Marijuana Syndrome).[citation needed] Indeed, a 1988 ruling from the United States Department of Justice concluded that "In practical terms, marijuana cannot induce a lethal response as a result of drug-related toxicity

Can people die from alcohol poisoning? Yes...and they do every day.

A 2001 study by the United Kingdom Transit Research Laboratory (TRL) specifically focuses on the effects of cannabis use on driving,[35] and is one of the most recent and commonly quoted studies on the subject. The report summarizes current knowledge about the effects of cannabis on driving and accident risk based on a review of available literature published since 1994 and the effects of cannabis on laboratory based tasks.

The study identified young males, amongst whom cannabis consumption is frequent and increasing, and in whom alcohol consumption is also common, as a risk group for traffic accidents. This is due to driving inexperience and factors associated with youth relating to risk taking, delinquency and motivation. These demographic and psychosocial variables may relate to both drug use and accident risk, thereby presenting an artificial relationship between use of drugs and accident involvement.

Specifically, 4-12% of accident fatalities have detected levels of cannabis.[citation needed] However, most studies report that the majority of fatal cases with detected levels of cannabis are compounded by alcohol.

Research has shown that the overall addiction potential for cannabis to be much less than heroin, cocaine, tobacco and alcohol

The process most popularly used to ingest cannabis is smoking, and for this reason most research has evaluated health effects from this method of ingestion. Other methods of ingestion may have lower or higher health risks. See section on harm reduction below for more information on other methods of ingestion. Tobacco smoking has well-established risks such as bronchitis, coughing, overproduction of mucus, wheezing, and addiction. Similar risks for smoking cannabis related to airway inflammation have been suggested in a study of healthy cannabis users who exhibited similar early characteristics to tobacco smoking.[97]

The effects of tobacco and cannabis smoking differ, however, as they affect different parts of the respiratory tract: whereas tobacco tends to penetrate to the smaller, peripheral passageways of the lungs, cannabis tends to concentrate on the larger, central passageways. One consequence of this is that cannabis, unlike tobacco, does not appear to cause emphysema, though this claim is disputed. A 2002 report by the British Lung Foundation estimated that three to four cannabis cigarettes a day were associated with the same amount of damage to the lungs as 20 or more tobacco cigarettes a day.[98] Unlike tobacco, regular cannabis use does not appear to cause chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

However, an extensive study published in 2006 by Donald Tashkin of the University of California, Los Angeles found that there is no significant link between smoking cannabis and lung cancer

Obviously no one is arguing that it's perfectly safe...the argument is that it's no more harmful then OTHER legalized substances, so it's continued illegality is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and MUST be for political reasons, not factual ones.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-18 14:36:51  
Ahem from wiki also mine had a bit more...
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-18 14:37:52  
I thought it was lobbys from the tobacco business wanting to stop weed from being legal made this stuff happen <.>
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-18 14:40:18  
Hmmm... Tickle must have some bugs. I don't see how a simple counter can be wrong so many times.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-18 14:40:49  
nuuuuuu i missed the aly on savvy action putting in my A/C ; ;,

Rowland said:
Alyria said:
I'm freakin sleepy, I wish I can sleep

There's still enough room in my bed for you and Sav to come over.

Thats what i woulda said ; ;

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Savannah said:
Alyria said:
I'm freakin sleepy, I wish I can sleep

Lez go sleep then <3 ;D

Pics preeze

and that ; ;

Haseyo said:

Yeah back to that. Let's get back to that.
The hell did I miss...

and thats how i feel ; ;

What else happened? :\
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-18 14:41:21  
WIKIPEDIA CANNOT BE TRUSTED BECAUSE ITS RUN BY IDIOTS!

Cigarette lobbyists know if they legalize weed, people would turn to that instead of cigarettes for stress relief. So they blew the politicians in Congress until they came with the conclusion to NOT legalize weed.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-18 14:41:51  
Dasva said:

Yeah it did, 10 times more, I'm just saying, I'm assuming you threw that link up as justification that marijuana should be illegal, and there's evidence from that SAME article that points to why it shouldn't be.

Ludoggy said:
I thought it was lobbys from the tobacco business wanting to stop weed from being legal made this stuff happen <.>

I'd heard that, but moreso that the Alcohol lobby is much more on their support of marijuana being illegal. I know a LOT of people that would give up drinking completely if they could bebop down to the corner store and buy an 1/8th...
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-18 14:43:16  
Not to mention all that tax money from cigs the govt wouldn't get if people stopped or at least slowed down on buying cigarettes. God forbid we stop paying the man more money it doesn't deserve.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-18 14:44:37  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dasva said:

Yeah it did, 10 times more, I'm just saying, I'm assuming you threw that link up as justification that marijuana should be illegal, and there's evidence from that SAME article that points to why it shouldn't be.

No all it said was there was little to no acute effects that could cause you to OD. The long term effects and even the short term on memory generally cognizance and motor control aren't too hot either.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-18 14:45:02  
cigarettes make peoples breath smell like ***.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-18 14:45:24  
Dasva said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dasva said:

No all it said was there was little to no acute effects that could cause you to OD. The long term effects and even the short term on memory generally cognizance and motor control aren't too hot either.

But those same effects exist for alcohol and cigarettes with prolonged use...

Are you really trying to say (imply?) that alcohol and tobacco is safer then marijuana??
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-18 14:49:02  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dasva said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dasva said:

But those same effects exist for alcohol and cigarettes with prolonged use...

Are you really trying to say (imply?) that alcohol and tobacco is safer then marijuana??

Define safer. And did you read those other side effects? Those arent all ciggerettes by far. And alcohol most of those only come from serious abuse.
 Asura.Luelle
user: Luelle
By Asura.Luelle 2009-07-18 14:49:18  
Note to self: Don't mention drugs/alcohol/cigarettes on the forums.

More random facts!

An earthquake on Dec. 16, 1811 caused parts of the Mississippi River to flow backwards.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-18 14:52:31  
8$ a pack...***! D=
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-18 14:53:58  
Kungfuhustle said:
cigarettes make peoples breath smell like ***.

Nothing a few altoids can't fix. Those things are potent x.x
First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 18549 18550 18551