First Page 2 3 ... 170 171 172 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-20 12:27:48  
Artemicion said:
/RAGE!

User submitted image

My stepfather ignores my advice about building his own PC, and instead buys some pre-built ***. After a few years the whole thing goes south and *** up on them. Then they go to some Jew who runs this PC builder warehouse business and continuously rapes it even more so they spend more (of my) money to help fix it, only to have it come back *** up worse than before every time.

Pardon my stereotyping but in all honesty, this is no different than what mechanics do. Sabotaging your car so something else will *** up and you're forced to come back and pay more to fix that problem, wash, rinse, repeat ~_~

Fixed.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-20 12:31:20  
User submitted image

I JUST WANNA FLIP *** TABLES LIKE A WOOKIE ON STEROIDS!!!
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-20 12:33:33  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Tbest said:
*Shrugs.* Much better to get a laptop with a good processor/ram and then upgrade the video later on imo.

Or... 2-3 years after you buy the laptop, you get a new one like I'm doing for FFXIV. Computers upgrade rapidly and the costs are pretty low. It's not like it used to be where it was much cheaper to do a couple of upgrades than get a new computer entirely.

I dunno, in my experience selling computers, it was always cheaper just to build your own tower, especially since so many components are good for long periods of time, like monitor, optical drives, peripherals, speakers, and in a lot of cases, the case itself, sound card (for those that don't use onboard), third party cards like wireless adaptors, hard drives in a lot of cases etc...

All that ***can be carried over from one build to the next, leaving you with just the mobo, processor, ram, and video card(s) you really need to buy new with each new computer. Much more bang for your buck there then dropping the equivalent amount on a laptop where you're basically paying for all that ***again. Besides, I never saw a laptop that was worth a ***at all for less then 1,200 bucks, ESPECIALLY one that could actually run games for ***...

But, to each their own...I'm just kinda anti laptop, such a PITA with the cards, batteries dying, etc...

Most of the time though, your MoBo, Processor, Ram, and Video Cards are going to make up the majority of the cost of your build though. Also, I mainly just use external hdd's for the mass-storage on my laptop.

Now, don't get me wrong.. I still have a desktop atm... But, I rarely use it.

It's much better to have the laptop imo just for sheer portability. Takes me a whole minute to close my laptop and throw it and the cord / other accessories into my bag. I can then use it for a couple hours w/o the power cord.. Or hook it up with an inverter in my car... Or plug-in wherever I'm at. Also nice to be able to sit/lay in bed and use the laptop instead of having to sit at a desk with the desktop (depending on your setup).
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-20 12:35:47  
thats the only reason anyone has a laptop... portability.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
サーバ: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-20 12:40:24
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Love the portability. Nothin' like going to the airport 3 hrs before the flight and play FF while drinking beer.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 12:40:26  
Tbest said:
Most of the time though, your MoBo, Processor, Ram, and Video Cards are going to make up the majority of the cost of your build though.

Well, yeah...but spending $1000 on just those 4 things is going to get you more power then spending that same amount of money on a new Laptop...plus, you can upgrade it later. Start out with 4 Gigs of RAM and then bump it up to 8 down the road (which is what I'm gonna do). Start out with one video card, then pick up another one for SLI or Crossfire later, etc...

But like I said, to each their own. I have a Laptop, and I rarely use that. Mainly it's for my "Oh ***I gotta go on a trip" or "*** I gotta dual box for a minute on FFXI", otherwise it's sitting in my bag unless I'm doing the monthly updates...
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-20 12:40:39  
Kungfuhustle said:
thats the only reason anyone has a laptop... portability.

I hate taking my laptop outside of my room...>.>;
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-20 12:43:41  
Savvy vanished on me ; ;
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-20 12:44:39

She'll come back soon.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-20 12:46:09  
Exactly. You don't buy a laptop to have the most uber gaming machine out there. You buy it b/c it's portable. Also, it's not like the old laptop goes in the garbage when you get a new one. Sell it, give it away, use it as a backup, keep it for a friend to use in multiplayer games.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-20 12:47:44  
MY WOOKIE FLIP!
User submitted image
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-07-20 12:49:36  
I bought my laptop because of all my work traveling. It's good enough to play FFXI and that's what was important to me.

I prefer desktops, and have built mine since my old HP (parents bought for Christmas when I was in middle school) died.

To keep this post short, I second what #2 said.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-20 12:49:46

0.0 I got excited last night. Got the rare/ex legs from dunes chest last night. Don't remember the name of them, but man does that +5 STR help greatly on the rare firestorms. Was able to take T mobs like they were DC mobs.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-20 12:50:39  
Lilbusta said:
0.0 I got excited last night. Got the rare/ex legs from dunes chest last night. Don't remember the name of them, but man does that +5 STR help greatly on the rare firestorms. Was able to take T mobs like they were DC mobs.

i've had a few douche bags take that from my chest.
still dont have one >=\
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-20 12:52:13

That blows! When I'm in a party I just leave the chests cause I'd hate for that kinda stuff to happen.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-07-20 12:57:38  
Lilbusta said:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=16367
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 12:59:23  
Lilbusta said:

Congrats...I've wanted the gun from the saruta chest for a while now, don't wanna level COR without it...

LOL I'm pulling a Ludogg on that one...
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-20 13:00:36  
Why do i miss the golden joke opportunities by going AFK juuuuuuust before the shell gets emo? H8 u guise.

On topic of the off topic thread, desktops will always be better than laptops power and new techno-wise. Laptops tend to *** up WAY quicker than a desktop would, and really...are only bought for accessability. :/
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-20 13:04:00  
I'm super!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 13:05:23  
Ludoggy said:
I'm super!

Thanks for asking?
 Asura.Luelle
user: Luelle
By Asura.Luelle 2009-07-20 13:07:58  
Good Afternoon Everyone. Yay for maintenance.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-20 13:10:13  
Luelle said:
Good Afternoon Everyone. Yay for maintenance.

only...4-5more hours? =P
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-20 13:16:43  
***, get back to getting me some pudding.
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2009-07-20 13:20:51  
Rowland said:
Wooooooooooooooooooooo

BLMs can kill gigas tiger's in glacier_S!
No more puddings! Maybe we can even one shot them with freeze II

ANDS ITS ALWAYS ICE WEATHER!!! GOGOICEBELT

The second you think you're safe one of those Walrus things will pop out and rape you.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-20 13:25:19

Cheyne said:
Rowland said:
Wooooooooooooooooooooo

BLMs can kill gigas tiger's in glacier_S!
No more puddings! Maybe we can even one shot them with freeze II

ANDS ITS ALWAYS ICE WEATHER!!! GOGOICEBELT

The second you think you're safe one of those Walrus things will pop out and rape you.

Lol nothin' but tusk to the face!! If you're taru I'm sure they'll be into necro and rape you some more ^^

I haven't tried anything in the past besides ladybug pets in East Ronf(s). I'd like to try Vunk after LS member was gloating 500 w/o band.

EDIT: Dammit someone put a Blackjack up in the AH over the weekend and I missed out on making 500k if I reposted my sale!
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-20 13:42:56  
!!!!!

I just realized, these "curry" buns come in all the colors of the various types of curry soups. Meaning... STACKABLE CURRY! *** YEAH!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-20 13:43:45  
my balls... your face... RIGHT NOW!
 Seraph.Chuuuuu
サーバ: Seraph
user:
By Seraph.Chuuuuu 2009-07-20 13:44:08

nuuuuuu :o